Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Victory Road Network Support (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   why can I not have an avatar (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=8561)

randoguy101 July 9, 2011 10:07:29 AM

why can I not have an avatar

is there something offending about a ball of fur proclaiming his confusion

RK-9 July 9, 2011 10:30:13 AM

This is happening to me too.

I can't have a Galvantula and Arcanine scuttling around everywhere.

PokeRemixStudio July 9, 2011 10:36:15 AM

Last night Cat implemented some new moderation features. We've upgraded the infraction system so that having at least 2 unexpired infractions puts you on purgatory, which takes away some of your privileges (such as avatar and signatures) and requires any new posts by you to be approved by a moderator (I approved this thread, in fact). You stop being in purgatory when enough infractions expire to bring your point total below 2. Also, having 5 unexpired infractions results in being banned until enough infractions expire to bring your count below the threshold. We also made the infractions last way longer until they expire. Because these alterations are extremely new and have no idea how the community will be impacted by it, I imagine that there is some tweaking to be done soon. Your two-point infraction is set to expire a year from now... WTF?

Dragiiin123 July 9, 2011 10:47:40 AM

is that the same for me

randoguy101 July 9, 2011 10:49:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio (Post 168075)
Last night Cat implemented some new moderation features. We've upgraded the infraction system so that having at least 2 unexpired infractions puts you on purgatory, which takes away some of your privileges (such as avatar and signatures) and requires any new posts by you to be approved by a moderator (I approved this thread, in fact). You stop being in purgatory when enough infractions expire to bring your point total below 2. Also, having 5 unexpired infractions results in being banned until enough infractions expire to bring your count below the threshold. We also made the infractions last way longer until they expire. Because these alterations are extremely new and have no idea how the community will be impacted by it, I imagine that there is some tweaking to be done soon. Your two-point infraction is set to expire a year from now... WTF?

oh okay
infractions actually having a point now
that's cool

Aquablast July 9, 2011 11:05:34 AM

I am suprise that I still have an avatar after all my infractions/warnings and also I have no points because all of mine are expired, I guess I am just lucky.

randoguy101 July 9, 2011 11:06:42 AM

so why do RK and NismoZ have year long infractions
what the hell did they do

Jaredvcxz July 9, 2011 01:12:48 PM

I just want to say... it would have been a good idea to tell us about it right after (or before) you implement it to avoid threads like this.

Aquablast July 9, 2011 03:32:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randoguy101 (Post 168083)

I don't know but most of mine is 0 pointer, it just matter on what you did.

FreezeWarp July 9, 2011 03:44:49 PM

Quote:

Needless to say, the focus isn't on keeping the good members.

Jaredvcxz July 9, 2011 04:16:31 PM

Quote:

I checked their infraction reports, and the infractions I gave them are only one month. In fact, out of the people in purgatory who posted in this thread (plus nismoz), you're the only person with a year-long infraction.

randoguy101 July 9, 2011 04:47:25 PM

final question:
what the hell did pie do? was he also trolling without us? I don't remember him even posting on VR since we left

Jaredvcxz July 10, 2011 03:12:05 AM

All the issuer wrote was trolling on july 9th. Piexing would probably know more.

NismoZ July 10, 2011 03:20:48 AM

Quote:

Actually mine was a 3-point infraction that expires in August for something I did like a few months ago, but it seems that they're being anti-ranbro again and just deciding to make all of them purgatory

Hell, I'll probably get a year-long infraction too when this one expires

piexing July 10, 2011 12:18:08 PM

Making infractions do something would make sense if it didn't mean they would be given out with ambiguous reasoning in order to punish people unfairly. I don't really understand what good it does since I wouldn't have cared if I hadn't seen that it was done to a few other people as well.

Aquablast July 11, 2011 09:21:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NismoZ (Post 168260)
Actually mine was a 3-point infraction that expires in August for something I did like a few months ago, but it seems that they're being anti-ranbro again and just deciding to make all of them purgatory

Hell, I'll probably get a year-long infraction too when this one expires

I really don't believe they are do anti ranbro because some of you guys still have the avatar and some don't. Fly Guy also don't have an avatar so it ain't just you guys. I suggest to closed this thread before it become bad.