Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Victory Road Gym League (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Gym League's Feedback & Response Board (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10217)

Nytz February 6, 2014 02:49:45 PM

I can't wait to challenge these leaders. Even if I don't beat them, I just want to be a contender.

question though. these gyms are for Wifi battles, or are they for PO?

Cat333Pokémon February 6, 2014 03:07:10 PM

Our new league is strictly over Wi-Fi battles in Gen VI games. My intention was to bring back the awesome original league we had that was run in Gen IV games.

Also, we're most likely going to be basing our rules on Smogon's Overused (OU) tier, but we will not be strictly following it. An example of a change we will make is that Blaziken with the Blaze ability and without Blazikenite will be allowed.

kakashidragon February 6, 2014 07:04:35 PM

What about other bans like Gengarite and kankahite? (or whatever how u spell it)

Cat333Pokémon February 6, 2014 07:34:55 PM

Kangaskhan's Mega Stone is definitely still banned. I'm not sure on Gengar's.

RotomGuy February 6, 2014 10:08:18 PM

We don't have to have our teams ready yet, right?

I'm trying my hardest not to have a repeat of last time. I've got three left and now that EV training is a doosey, it should be too hard.

Reuniclus February 7, 2014 10:56:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RotomGuy (Post 290937)
We don't have to have our teams ready yet, right?

I'm trying my hardest not to have a repeat of last time. I've got three left and now that EV training is a doosey, it should be too hard.

No, you don't need to have them ready until the 27th. If you want quick EV training strategies, refer to Cat's Horde Battle guide for EV training. It literally takes you under an hour to train 1 Pokémon if you use the right items and conditions.

kakashidragon February 7, 2014 12:31:01 PM

Who do we send our draft Gym Badge design too i forgot?

Reuniclus February 7, 2014 12:42:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 290949)
Who do we send our draft Gym Badge design too i forgot?

Preferably, I would like a draft sent to me as well as Blair Willow. She will be trying to sprite the gym badges for us.

kakashidragon February 7, 2014 12:48:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 290950)
Preferably, I would like a draft sent to me as well as Blair Willow. She will be trying to sprite the gym badges for us.

Just to let you know my draft sucks. (I'll give details about it though)

Reuniclus March 7, 2014 11:36:12 AM

Just a reminder for those who have gotten badges, don't forget to post here:
http://victoryroad.net/showthread.ph...340#post282340

It'll make it easier for keeping track of which badges people have earned.

Cat333Pokémon March 7, 2014 12:33:51 PM

Another thing I'd like to mention: there should be some updates on the new rules soon. For all you fans of Overused, don't worry, the rules will be quite similar, but we'll be making some changes. Just a warning, though: in addition to unbanning Blaziken (without Speed Boost or Blazikenite), we might be banning Pokémon like Mew and Keldeo that are considered "mythical" by the official rules but not by Smogon. (Don't complain now, I'll be making a thread for suggestions before the rules are finalized.)

PHANTOMxTRAINER April 23, 2014 10:08:38 AM

I assume this is the place where I ask this… When will the Leader selection be finished?

Reuniclus April 23, 2014 11:59:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 293025)
I assume this is the place where I ask this… When will the Leader selection be finished?

Today, silly. :P

kakashidragon April 24, 2014 06:45:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 291786)
Another thing I'd like to mention: there should be some updates on the new rules soon. For all you fans of Overused, don't worry, the rules will be quite similar, but we'll be making some changes. Just a warning, though: in addition to unbanning Blaziken (without Speed Boost or Blazikenite), we might be banning Pokémon like Mew and Keldeo that are considered "mythical" by the official rules but not by Smogon. (Don't complain now, I'll be making a thread for suggestions before the rules are finalized.)

So is that thread going to be made soon? I figure i'd ask since its been awhile since u posted that.

Cat333Pokémon April 24, 2014 11:49:57 AM

I've honestly lost most of my interest in competitive battling, so I really don't know.

Magmaster12 April 25, 2014 01:51:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 293090)
I've honestly lost most of my interest in competitive battling, so I really don't know.

Then why do you want to change the rules!?

MattyBrollic April 27, 2014 11:24:09 AM

Yea seriously!?!?

kakashidragon April 27, 2014 04:45:28 PM

How would we plan that though? Plus the league is going a little slow right now, but im wishing the summer would come so we can get more challengers.

TurtwigX April 27, 2014 04:47:20 PM

If you guys feel so STRONGLY about it then why don't you hand it over to Jelly Bean? After all, he's like the administrator of the gym league and a pretty somewhat decent competitive battler so he should go with what he knows is right. And since you guys feel SO VERY STRONGLY about it then feel free to throw in your own constructive criticisms. Problem solved, thank you and have a nice day.

kakashidragon January 30, 2016 12:32:02 AM

I got a question for the gyms thing. Can i change my gym type? Dark gym is kinds boring after awhile, plus if i can change my gym type i'll delete my old gym post.

Cat333Pokémon January 30, 2016 11:36:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 298174)
I got a question for the gyms thing. Can i change my gym type? Dark gym is kinds boring after awhile, plus if i can change my gym type i'll delete my old gym post.

Yeah, you can change it. I'll just archive the old after you create a new thread. The Gym League hasn't had any activity since 2014, though, so you might not get many challengers.

kakashidragon January 30, 2016 12:52:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 298177)
Yeah, you can change it. I'll just archive the old after you create a new thread. The Gym League hasn't had any activity since 2014, though, so you might not get many challengers.

Thats alright, as long as we have at a gym active i can battle whoever challenges me.