Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   More staff changes (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11413)

Cat333Pokémon September 18, 2013 12:16:27 PM

More staff changes

As you may have noticed, I've dropped many of the staff members. The reason behind this is that at the time we don't need to have that many. Of course, staff is always in flux, so if we need additional moderators, I can always bring some of them back on board, particularly starting next month when Pokémon X and Y release.

Aquablast September 18, 2013 12:38:51 PM

Instead of Global Moderators, can the group just be called Moderators since there isn't Assistant Moderator anymore there is no point of having a group called Global Moderator.

Cat333Pokémon September 18, 2013 12:49:14 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to do that. I'm not going to bother with the icons until X/Y come out, though.

kakashidragon September 19, 2013 08:18:11 PM

Ya i did notice all the mods. we had here. I thought we too many.

PHANTOMxTRAINER September 20, 2013 07:15:43 PM

Too many and some haven't been active in awhile. I guess it was for the best that you dropped them.

Magmaster12 September 20, 2013 07:22:42 PM

Looking back, this site has never needed more then five or six staff members to begin with.

NismoZ September 20, 2013 08:43:51 PM

I remember not too long ago there were almost twice as many staff groups. :P

kakashidragon September 21, 2013 10:13:59 AM

I remember when i first came here with Freezewarp and Shadow [do to us moving from an old forum], there were about 5 staff members.

PokeRemixStudio September 21, 2013 01:02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 285767)
I remember when i first came here with Freezewarp and Shadow [do to us moving from an old forum], there were about 5 staff members.

I think we had twice that many in Februrary 2010

TurtwigX September 22, 2013 09:51:11 AM

I remember when there were so many it was like Assistant Moderator, Moderator, Global Moderator, Assistant Admin, Admin, and VRIM Moderator. And Forum Bots, but those don't count.

Might've been a couple more, but that's all I can recall.

RotomGuy September 22, 2013 10:23:04 AM

I remember when I was immature and begged for staff status every few seconds.

But yeah, we didn't need so many staff groups.

Cat333Pokémon September 22, 2013 09:13:10 PM

I think I had even contemplated a few other groups. Some were even used. Examples included:
  • Premium members - Users who contributed lots of good content and were genuinely deserving of an honorific title. I didn't do this one because, while there'd be lots of healthy competition, there'd be too many people pining for the rank and too much drama.
  • Donors - People who donated money towards maintaining the site. Simple enough. Probably should've done this one back when I barely had any money to maintain the server to convince more people to help.
  • Support staff - People who just try to welcome members and participate in staff talks, but they wouldn't be able to moderate. Around the time we received enough moderators, I tossed this idea out.
  • Staff in training - Staff who were new and wouldn't be able to do much, but they'd learn the ropes gradually. It was far better to give them the powers so they could actually use them when necessary.
  • Lead admin - Made Freeze mad.
  • Server staff - People who had power on the server (like to upload files), but no power on VR.
  • News staff - Those who can post news.

Aquablast September 23, 2013 11:54:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 285793)
I remember when there were so many it was like Assistant Moderator, Moderator, Global Moderator, Assistant Admin, Admin, and VRIM Moderator. And Forum Bots, but those don't count.

Might've been a couple more, but that's all I can recall.

Don't forgot Content Staff.