Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Blogs (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Phantom's Blog <I Love Your Sushi Roll, Hotter Than Wasabi> (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10799)

PHANTOMxTRAINER November 16, 2012 08:34:40 PM

Phantom's Blog <I Love Your Sushi Roll, Hotter Than Wasabi>

Phantom's Blog
"I love your sushi roll, hotter than wasabi."

So er. yeh. This is gonna be blog thingy :P It seems like everyone's doing it sooo I'll just jump on the bandwagon and you know... drugs. I guess I'll just talk about life and thoughts or whatever... I don't know how often I'll be updating this cause I'm usually on my phone for forums... And I always cba to write long walls of text on my phone. But anyways, yeah... Hopefully this turns out well. I've never really done any blogs before unless you count Facebook haha. Anyways, I doubt you care about what happens in my life anyways xP

Tl;dr THIS IS MY BLOG.

Gym League Progress; 5/8 Badges
http://victoryroad.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1346515046 - boberry2009's Universal Badge
http://victoryroad.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1346601190 - Super Pichu62's Recharge Badge
http://victoryroad.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1346648093 - ~Whimsicott~'s Feather Badge
http://victoryroad.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1346918955 - ThePokeMan's Mechanized Badge
http://victoryroad.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1347102941 - Quadcentruo's Eclipse Badge

PHANTOMxTRAINER November 18, 2012 05:37:21 AM

Schedule be mad full, yo

11/18/12

Yesterday (11/17/12).... Wow, that was a full schedule. I had to get up at 7:45 to make an 8:30 Kickboxing/Grappling Class that went until 10:30. From there, I went straight to my hydration test (you pee in a cup, they test your hydration yada yada yada..) from 11 to 12. After that, I had wrestling practice from 12-3... You wouldn't believe how pooped I was. So anyways, after practice I carried on home. I had to do my homework right away, because at 4, I had my friend's party to go to. (By the way, I didn't finish half of my homework, and I'm still doing it as I type this blog entry..) So we played some fun games like "Kill the Carrier", saw some old friends, etc. Anyways, that ended at 10:30 or so. It was an exhaustingly fun day....

Oh and when I got home.... I BEAT THE FIRST GYM LEADER! :D It was a great battle with me winning 4-0. GG Boberry!~ My team is doing pretty successful if I must say so myself. Had a great match with Reun the night before that one with this team. VERY CLOSE BATTLE. I think I might post the battle number soon... Anyways, 1 badge down, 7 to go! Victory Road Elite Four, Here I come!

PHANTOMxTRAINER November 24, 2012 09:44:31 AM

Continuing the Conquer!

11/24/12

So. I guess I should be talking about Thanksgiving? Eh, it was alright. Not the best, not the worst. This year, me, my family, and one of my best friends went to the good ol' NYC for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. We were inside my mom's office with a perfect Eye-Level view of most of the balloons. It was pretty cool I guess, but it was nothing too special. Anyways, so after that we went home and me and my family went over my Aunt's house for a nice meal. Of course the usual was served; Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy.. you know. The usual. I even got a good nap in :P

Another discussion; I finally got to battle with SP62! With that, I have finally earned my 2nd Badge. (I think Twiggy will be happy, I have used a Haxorus) It was a great battle, though I don't remember the score... ^^' even if the battle wasn't just like.. 10 minutes ago? Oh well. Thanks for the battle SP62, it was a fun one :) Anyways, 2 down, 6 to go! Victory Road Elite Four, Here I come!

PHANTOMxTRAINER December 17, 2012 02:13:53 PM

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down!

12/17/12

So this Saturday.. It was a pretty hard day for me. All week that week, I have been cutting down on food and watching what I eat because I needed to make weight for the tournament. I go to the tournament, and with rejoice, I made weight!! So then after I'm warming up for my first match. When the time comes, I see my opponent. I recognize him, he is the other team's team captain. I end up getting pinned in the second period. Next match, I'm warming up for the next school. My opponent is a buff black kid, he was scary. I had no clue how the hell he was in the 113 lbs weight class. I end up losing by points 12-3. Next match I lose to a really hairy kid.. I lost by one point in 4-5. I shouldve won that match, I was so pissed off! My last match was against this really tall and fast kid. As you can guess... I lost that match as well.

At that point, I was literally crying. I didn't have a single loss until that day, and I lose 4 times in a row. I went from 1-0 to 1-4 all in one day... It was terrible for me, especially that wrestling is one of my main passions.. I felt totally down. However, I'm thankful for all my teammates that helped to cheer me up :)

Well anyways, the next day was a spirit lifter! I saw a wrestling tournament at Madison Square Garden. That was very exciting, it was called Grapple at the Garden. I went with my dad and my friend from my old school. We got first row seats, and it was awesome being so close to the action! That was the first part of my early Christmas gift. The second was the hoodie I got from there. Its a Cornell sweater (my favorite college) that says "run with us or from us" it's a really sick sweater. The third and last part of my early Christmas gift was these new wrestling shoes that I actually got tonight. They're called the Sissys. They are so epic, being pink blue and yellow. They are also super comfy and have such good grip. Ill attatch a picture of it sometime.. They say that 83% of people who own these shoes have positive records. Hopefully this will stay true to me later in my wrestling career :D

PHANTOMxTRAINER December 19, 2012 10:06:36 AM

Picture of the Legendary Shoe

http://www.suplay.com/mmSUPLAY/Image...oe_Sample2.jpg

That's the wrestling shoe I got. I think it looks pretty freaking epic if you ask me. Well I'm gonna ask you;

What are your thoughts on my new wrestling shoes? ;D

I think they're pretty awesome. The grip on the bottom is so nice, they're pretty light and omg just look at them. They're sooooo fresh, and they even got that new shoe smell (Obviously you guys don't know that...)

As for today, I just took my 3rd and 4th Trimester Exams. In all, there are 6. The ones I have taken so far are Scripture, Earth Science, English, and World History. I think I did pretty well on each of the tests, they were pretty easy to me. But when I went in the halls after the test, all you hear is complaining on how they think they failed... Suckers >: D

PHANTOMxTRAINER January 23, 2013 06:50:57 PM

Ascending, No Limits.

1/23/13

My overall wrestling record is now 15-4! I won against some kid from our rival school 12-5 but I got careless and cocky. I went for some pretty bizarre moves because I was winning so much. I should've beaten that kid without him scoring, but oh well. A win is a win.. Except our team did HORRIBLE!!! We won 2/15 matches on JV today, I was one of the winners. On the bright side, coach said he wants me to be captain next year!!~ He was talking about how sky is the limit for my ability and that I have great talents to be used next year. Excited and pumped.

Side note; Beat Whimsi, and with all the gaps in the gym league, I got up to TPM and defeated him too! 4 gyms down, 4 to go!

PHANTOMxTRAINER January 26, 2013 04:42:32 AM

1/26/13

Yesterday, was an alright day. It was a Catholic High School JV Leagues Tournament. My first match was against a SENIOR (how the hell is this guy on JV? I do not know.). Anyways, I stalled my way through that match winning 12-5! The next match was against a Freshman who I pinned in the second period with the points scoring 5-3. Third match was the finals... I finally lost my 1st JV match. I lost 5-1. If I had maybe.. 2 more seconds, I would have pinned him with a headlock. However, time ran out as I slammed him to the ground so no points were scored on my part. That was a depressing day as EVERYONE was expecting me to place 1st. However, I wrestled good and will learn from my mistakes. I'll beat him next week at the Varsity Tournament. If I place at least 4th in that, then I go to the Catholic States tournament in BUFFALO! (For those of you who know nothing of wrestling are probably just like; "wtf is he talking about? ;-;" )

Side note; Beat Quad, with a haxxy battle, finally going my way! 5 gyms down, 3 to go!

PHANTOMxTRAINER January 31, 2013 01:05:44 PM

1/31/13

Alright. Today I am a very nervous child. So today, it started off great! Earlier this week, this guy came into our school and announced that there would be no homework on Thursday (today). Therefore, we had no homework today and the school day was great. The bad news happens after school.

So wrestling practice started with our normal run of two miles and sprints. Tiring, but fine. Then we take a turn for the unexpected, which I thought would be fine. We had skin checks, for some skin lesions that have been breaking out throughout the team. I wasn't worried because I didn't think there was anything wrong with me. It turns out I might have impetigo or some skin lesion. They said to check with a dermatologist... I am trying to find an appointment with my parents right now, but none seem to be open. If I don't get cleared by Saturday night, I won't be able to participate in Sunday's big tournament. I am really scarred, coaches were depending on me...

Side note; MESSAGE TO TURT; YOU SHALL BE TAKEN DOWN TODAY!(or sometime this week/whenever I get to battle you)

PHANTOMxTRAINER April 15, 2013 05:54:43 PM

4/15/13

Been a VERY long time since I updated this thing. So anyways, I beat Turt awhile ago.. just waiting on those two other gyms if they come...

On another note, I wrestled my way to a 2nd place finish at the Greco/Freestyle tournament at my old school. I've never wrestled either styles of wrestling before, so this was an awesome accomplishment to me. Another thing that happened, was.. I got confirmed to the Catholic Church! It was a pretty nice ceremony I guess but the best part that I still feel full from; DINNER AT SUSHI VILLAGE!!!!! oh gosh I'm full. My stomach is so bloated bahahaha. So much sushi. and cake. I loved it, and I also got confirmation gifts! Money money money.. MONEY$!$ yay. My aunt was the most generous going over the top with $500, told her it was too much, but she wouldn't take no for an answer. Well that concludes this, I'm tired as hell NIGHT VR!

6 gyms down, 2 to go!

PHANTOMxTRAINER June 22, 2013 07:51:22 AM

6/22/13

Sorry for being inactive with this blog! This blog entry is gonna be about what's been going on in my love life lately..

So first off, my girlfriend broke up with me a few weeks ago over text. We'll call her "ex" I guess. She broke up with me because our schedules never worked together and she lost feelings for me as we never got to see each other. I mean, we texted almost 24/7 and said that the Summer would change that, but Summer didn't come by quick enough. I was really down for a couple of days, even though she said we'd still be close friends.

After I recovered from that a bit, this girl that I was already pretty much best friends with came there for me. We'll call her "Best Friend" for the rest of this story I guess. She helped me get over my ex, and started hanging out with me even more than before (my ex didn't really like that this best friend hung out with me before). However, all of my friends saw it coming, and I began to start liking her a bit. So I tried hanging out with her more, and getting close but.. after a week of all of that, I realized what was going on. FRIENDZONED!! She starts talking about this guy she likes and how I'm her best friend and stuff, before I got to say I liked her and stuff. The night I was going to try to ask her out. So now I'm still iffy on that, but whatever happens with her happens I guess.. Being just friends with her is good enough I guess. This was a few days ago.

And now to the present, being today/yesterday (6/21/13). Me and a couple of guys went to the Public Pool. Sure enough, my "best friend" was there. with the guy she kept talking about.. That kind of hurt a bit. Anyways, they left about 10 minutes after we arrived and we stayed there for a couple 20 minutes or so. Next, here comes the "ex", with her little posse of friends. I felt like it would be really awkward if I said hey or hello to her, because I wouldn't know what to talk about afterwards.. I'm not smooth like that. We spent at least 45 minutes in that pool, and my guy friends were talking to the ex, while I was standing in the sidelines of the pool occasionally looking in their direction. That's when I decided that I really missed her and I should've tried to make conversation and maybe try to get her back. But that was too late, because we were leaving the pool. When we were leaving and outside of the pool already, my friends saw the look in my face of regret and kept egging me on to go talk to her. It was really awkward trying to talk to her again, but I said I didn't want it to be awkward between us, because friendships don't really work like that and stuff. We said we're cool with each other, but it felt SO awkward and I feel like I've made a fool out of myself for even trying.. Ugh.

TL;DR - i suck at love.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE: I MADE HONOR ROLL WITH AN 88.3 AVERAGE!!!

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 5, 2013 06:12:31 AM

8/5/13

I HAD AN AMAZING DAY YESTERDAY! I woke up at 10 to go to wrestling practice. When I got there we had an intense practice and people there greeted me. The coach said that I'm awesome for showing up on my birthday and all that. So after that, I got home all tired and stuff.. I went to hang my wrestling bag in the garage and I noticed my friend's bike was there. My cousin that lives with me made up a lie (very well played btw) that my friend wanted to hangout with me later after he was finished with work, so he dropped off his bike here. Then my parents told me to let the dog out in the backyard. I open the curtains and some of my friends were standing there with a whole set-up and everything! The girl that I used to like (the bestfriend if you guys have been following my love life) baked cup cakes and actually set the whole thing up with my aunt and my other friend. It was awesome!!

After that I went outside and congratulated them on catching me off guard.. I really didn't expect it haha. After we settled in the backyard, we were just chilling and stuff. Then the Best Friend says "brb, gotta get the other girls that are here". I thought it'd be just some of her friends. But the biggest surprise of all.. My EX-GIRLFRIEND WAS THERE O____o . When I saw her, I thought it'd be soooooooooo awkward and stuff. It wasn't though! Well, at first it sort of was.. She gave me a hug along with her other friends and sat down at the other table that was there. Then it seemed like the party was split two, the girls at one table and the guys at the other. I fixed it though, with Burgers and Hot dogs. Haha, my dad grilled and made steak too, that was pretty cool. We had some circle time too, which is when we just sit on the grass and chill and play truth or dare/never have I ever or stuff like that. We got the girls twerkin'!!! lmfao (Pure, I hope you are reading this xD) We played bball cause ball is life and stuff, ate, drank, it was fun as hell. Then there was an Ice Cream Truck, Mr. Softie. My dad bought us all Ice Cream, it was awesome.

Then it was time for CAKE! (no, not ass. actual cake.) It was sooo good. We also ate the cupcakes.. Well, everyone else did. The Best Friend and my Ex grabbed one cupcake each and smacked me in the face with it. It was actually nice lol.. Then I'll end it close to here cause this is getting to be a tl'dr. So I opened gifts and got a hefty amount of money and funny cards. I also got two Knicks shirts from my friend. I'll post pics of everything later. But that's pretty much the bulk of the party.. 'Till next time!

Spoiler Alert:    

http://i41.tinypic.com/2pycj68.jpg (I'm up on top of course)
http://i42.tinypic.com/2ntwt1e.jpg

PHANTOMxTRAINER September 30, 2013 07:06:16 PM

9/30/13

Yesterday was a great day. I entered a wrestling tournament, I took 2nd place! It was a great experience! I wrestled great yesterday, winning two matches and only losing 1.

The first match was kind of a joke, I won that match in like twenty-something seconds. I'm pretty sure it was that kid's first time wrestling, but that's not stopping me from trying my hardest on him.

2nd match was one I absolutely had to win. In a tournament before hand, the Summer Heat tournament in Hofstra, he beat me by like one point and was being cocky after the match. So this was one I had to put my heart into and well, the outcome was good! I won the match by points, 10-4. In the end of it all, we we're good friends with each other ^^

The third match, I knew was going to be tough. We got all the pressure because it was the finals match and a lot of people were keeping an eye on the mat. I lost to this kid in a tournament before at the same place, nearly 5 months before or something. He either pinned me or teched me the 1st time in a Freestyle match. But I thought to myself, new tournament, new wrestling style, hopefully better outcome. I didn't win this one, but this was a VERY good outcome. We went into TRIPLE OVERTIME and he ended up winning 6-4. Best match-up i've ever had and I was proud to wrestle him and claim 2nd place.

And that's pretty much it!

PHANTOMxTRAINER December 24, 2013 09:56:56 PM

CHRISTMAS DAY

SO HAPPY. SO HAPPY. SO HAPPY. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! At first I really wasn't feeling the Christmas spirit, but oooooof. I've been feeling it since church at 6:30 PM. One of the priests used to teach Morality at my school, and he saw me. He blessed me and wished me great luck on my wrestling season. That started my mood to be really good. (oohhhh the little things in life~) He ran Church so well, he's always entertaining unlike most priests. He adds actual fun and interaction to the service. He's really great.

Anyways, when we got to my aunt's house for dinner.. I WAS ACTUALLY ALLOWED TO EAT. oh yeah btw, because of wrestling, I'm on a strict diet put on by my dad. I had 2 ribs, sweet potato, and turkey. A small plate, but it was nice to have a meal.

Oh I forgot another thing that made me happy earlier on; I had my first wrestling practice in forever since I got appendicitis. I didn't wrestle live, but I was able to do drills and stuff. I'm getting cleared on the 26th~

Anyways best part; GIFTS! I haven't even gone up to Connecticut for my cousin's house up there. Most of my family in the East Coast goes there and celebrates. I'm getting more gifts there, but I already got what I asked for! My parents gave me FlipsWrestling Headphones and cmpclothing headgear. They even got me more than what I wanted; Xbox One (YAY), New wrestling shoes, and I also got a couple of clothes from my aunt and uncle.

GREAT DAY, CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE. HAPPY HOLIDAYS; MERRY CHRISTMAHANNUHKWANZAKUH~

PHANTOMxTRAINER November 27, 2014 06:21:28 PM

11/27/14 (lol it's nearly been a year)
A Thanksgiving That Didn't Suck

If you're wondering about the title, the deal is this. As you know, I wrestle, and wrestlers have to watch and cut their weight. Being that Thanksgiving is during wrestling season, wrestlers always complain about how their not going to be able to eat much and post funny pics like

My dad the night before told me that I would have to watch what I eat on Thanksgiving. I was sad, because I knew I would be able to work all of the weight off easily anyways.

So it's the morning of Thanksgiving, and I wake up before my parents. I snuck into the kitchen, and immediately downed two bowls of Reeces Puffs w/ Milk instead of the usual one. Then my parents woke, took me to wrestling practice (yep, no days off, even on holidays) and I worked my butt off! Seeing how hard I worked, my dad actually decided that I could choose how much I wanted to eat today.

Oh boy did I eat a lot! We had a lunch/dinner thing at 4:00 at this pretty fancy buffet restaurant. I had two plates of actual dinner food. Each plate contained mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, salmon, turkey w/ gravy and cranberry sauce, ham, stuffing, and mac and cheese! Then, my dad even let me have dessert! Had four scoops of ice cream w/ rainbow sprinkles, oreos, whipped cream and hot fudge, three cream puffs, and a couple of strawberries. At the end of it all, I weighed 120 lbs which is only 7 lbs above what I need to be next week. Eating was so worth it, and I'm still full! (doesn't mean I won't eat if there's food in front of me)

The food made this Thanksgiving great and all, but what made it really special was the time I got to have with my parents, cousins, aunts and uncles. We all bonded through dinner conversation, had some good laughs, it was great. I'm truly thankful for moments like the ones I had tonight, God, my family, my friends, all of y'all on the forums I visit, wrestling... there's just so much to be thankful for, and I'm thankful for it all even on the days that aren't Thanksgiving.

and on this last note....
(Unfezant the Thanksgiving Turkey)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO THE CITIZENS OF VICTORY ROAD!http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/521.gif

PHANTOMxTRAINER December 4, 2014 07:11:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
12/4/14
Goals

Lately, during study hall, I haven't been able to sleep like my usual routine. I have just been staying awake, thinking about what I am to accomplish this wrestling season/this year in general... I've come up with a few goals for myself and wrote some quotes to live by, and put them in my planner:

Goals:
- Lead a healthier lifestyle w/ diet and discipline
- Live more faithfully
- Make Honor Roll
- Make the National Honors Society
- 2x Catholic State Championship in a row at 113
- Place in the New York State Public High School Tournament (6th or higher)
- Least amount of losses as possible
- Be the hardest worker in my High School's room.

I've literally written "CHSAA STATE CHAMP 2015" or CATHOLIC STATE CHAMP 2015" on every single school book that I have. I want this more than anyone, and I will achieve it with the help of God. I trust that He will help me through the season and He will work in mysterious ways that I probably won't even notice until later on in my life.

He's already doing work, as tonight, I picked up my first win during my first match of the season. I pinned my opponent in the first period, I was so psyched. GAH I COULD WRITE ON AND ON, but I'll end it here. Until next time!

MattyBrollic December 7, 2014 10:43:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 296616)
12/4/14
Goals

Lately, during study hall, I haven't been able to sleep like my usual routine. I have just been staying awake, thinking about what I am to accomplish this wrestling season/this year in general... I've come up with a few goals for myself and wrote some quotes to live by, and put them in my planner:

Goals:
- Lead a healthier lifestyle w/ diet and discipline
- Live more faithfully
- Make Honor Roll
- Make the National Honors Society
- 2x Catholic State Championship in a row at 113
- Place in the New York State Public High School Tournament (6th or higher)
- Least amount of losses as possible
- Be the hardest worker in my High School's room.

I've literally written "CHSAA STATE CHAMP 2015" or CATHOLIC STATE CHAMP 2015" on every single school book that I have. I want this more than anyone, and I will achieve it with the help of God. I trust that He will help me through the season and He will work in mysterious ways that I probably won't even notice until later on in my life.

He's already doing work, as tonight, I picked up my first win during my first match of the season. I pinned my opponent in the first period, I was so psyched. GAH I COULD WRITE ON AND ON, but I'll end it here. Until next time!

Where is Catholic States being held this year? Or Chsaa duels?

PHANTOMxTRAINER December 13, 2014 06:19:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyBrollic (Post 296650)
Where is Catholic States being held this year? Or Chsaa duels?

I think they're being held at Farrell!

BlackRayquaza December 16, 2014 12:32:39 PM

get it boy mm