Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon Black and White (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Grey Version: What do you want in the third game for the fifth generation? (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=8935)

Justjack91 August 26, 2011 02:08:31 PM

Grey Version: What do you want in the third game for the fifth generation?

So this is a thread regarding what we as the fans want from the third game (Pokemon Grey or whatever they decide to name it) in the Pokemon Black/White series (fifth generation).

As long time fans of the series, we know that every generation has had one on the handhelds. Yellow had enhanced colors, a few trainer changes, and Pikachu followed you as the main ones. Crystal introduced the move tutor as well as the Battle Tower and a change in the story regarding the three dogs. Emerald featured a different story ending and introduced the Battle Frontier as well as expanded on the Move Tutor. Platinum (my favorite next to Yellow) created a Distorted World as an alternate ending as well as beefed up their Battle Frontier and included many cosmetic changes.

I didn't include all the small/gimmicky changes they did in each one, but we all know them and they've usually been included in then new games the following generation to some extent.

So my question is what do you expect/want in the next version of the Unova series? What do you think will be added? Is there something that will be changed this next generation?

On the top of my list are move tutors again. I want Dark Pulse and Superpower so bad and it's so frustrating how they're not easy to get this generation.

So, on that note, post your thoughts.

7dewott8 August 26, 2011 02:12:50 PM

I really want a second forum of Kyremu! I have been making drawings of them! I can't Imagin what iit would look like, other than being Really Cool!

kakashidragon August 26, 2011 02:16:10 PM

It would be cool to see kyrem as the main character like rayquaza was in emerald. But i would like to see some sort move tutor(s) maybe get heatwave or earthpower for some 5th gen. pokemon i want them to learn but really cant at all.

Idno58 August 26, 2011 02:16:59 PM

First thing I want: Battle Frontier. The subway doesn't really cut it.

Shiny August 26, 2011 02:38:50 PM

Black & White were great games, but I feel as if they didn't do enough with Unova, which I hope that Grey covers.

Just a basic list of some features I'd love in Grey.
  • More Triple Battles and Rotation Battles. It bothered me that BW brought these new battles, yet they rarely appeared. Perhaps a Rotation Battle or Triple Battle gym leader like RSE had?
    Maybe even adding them to the Battle Subway or a possible future Battle Frontier
  • Gym leader rematches. Just like in HGSS. You'll be able to rematch the gym leaders with their new, improved team.
  • More season differences. I hardly noticed any difference between seasons beside a palette swap and different Pokemon. Winter would affect more areas, rather than just two cities fulled with snow.
  • Being able to visit both Black City and White Forest.
    Maybe even a new Grey area which lets you battle trainers and catch wild Pokemon.
  • The return of Pokemon following you. I loved this feature in HGSS, and I'd love to see it return in Grey.
  • More stuff to do post-game. This was my main disappointment in BW. I had nothing else to do after I finished the main story except battle and capture Pokemon.
  • Return of the Trick House. Just a little feature I'd like in Grey. I loved going to the Trick House in RSE. It was a fun feature.

Shadow August 26, 2011 03:26:44 PM

1) The single most important thing I want to see in the upcoming title is updated Wi-Fi options; I want a 6 vs. 6 option as well as automatic elevation to level 100, just like the previous titles.

2) The other change which seems almost essential to B/W is post-game modification. As soon as I was done with the plot, there was suddenly nothing left to do except for catching legendaries and filling up the Pokédex. More exciting stuff should be added.

3) As the person above me stated, we need gym leader rematches in the new title. I found it strange that B/W did not allow players to battle against gym leaders with stronger teams after the plot ended.

Magmaster12 August 26, 2011 05:28:19 PM

Give us trainer rematches and gym leader rematches.

Give the E4 five pokemon each on the first battle.

There should also be an extra side quest post credits.

Leaftail August 26, 2011 05:50:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiny (Post 191746)
Black & White were great games, but I feel as if they didn't do enough with Unova, which I hope that Grey covers.

Just a basic list of some features I'd love in Grey.
  • More Triple Battles and Rotation Battles. It bothered me that BW brought these new battles, yet they rarely appeared.
    Maybe even adding them to the Battle Subway or a possible future Battle Frontier
  • Gym leader rematches. Just like in HGSS. You'll be able to rematch the gym leaders with their new, improved team.
  • Being able to visit both Black City and White Forest.
    Maybe even a new Grey area which lets you battle trainers and catch wild Pokemon.
  • The return of Pokemon following you. I loved this feature in HGSS, and I'd love to see it return in Grey. I used to hate Pokemon following you... but then I beat HGSS again after like a year and realized this feature was awesome :3
  • More stuff to do post-game. This was my main disappointment in BW. I had nothing else to do after I finished the main story except battle and capture Pokemon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 191755)
1) The single most important thing I want to see in the upcoming title is updated Wi-Fi options; I want a 6 vs. 6 option as well as automatic elevation to level 100, just like the previous titles.

Other things I'd like them to change:
  • Make the IRL tournaments actually use full battles (it's 4v4 right now iirc) without any stupid rules like only Gen V Pokemon and unlimited number of Ubers on your team or whatever.
  • Change that generic surfing Pokemon sprite to the Pokemon you're actually sufing on. And change the wake the Pokemon produces so it doesn't completely disappear when you change direction. Just a few little things that bothered me...
  • More underwater areas. BW has a whopping one (though I'll admit it's flipping beautiful).
  • Bring back the HGSS touch screen interface. I never even use C-Gear anyway...
  • Stop asking me if I want to turn on the C-Gear on startup.
  • Introduce a Battle Frontier, but keep it separate from the Battle Subway. It could possibly be located at Anville Town.
  • Ability to fly to Anville Town.
  • Give bosses higher leveled Pokemon and an actual AI. The final boss barely even has any. He kept using innefective moves against me... and I think it's sad that the highest leveled Pokemon in the game pre-national dex is underleveled by 10.
  • Introduce an extended Pokedex to include old Pokemon. Even if it doesn't include old Pokemon, they're gonna have to extend the Pokedex to include Kyurem. That is, assuming he's gonna be the game's mascot.
  • Give the Elite Four 6 Pokemon each.
  • Change Alder's team. He was way too easy.
  • Make the Team Plasma grunts stronger. And give them more variety. They all have nothing but Watchog, Liepard, Krookodile, and the occasional Trubbish...
  • It would be nice if the Sages actually battled you.

GalliumGrant August 26, 2011 06:41:14 PM

I agree with pretty much all of these, but there are two things I'd like which haven't been mentioned yet (except for like, ONE YouTuber in which I totally agree with him).

- A sound test (unlocked after you beat the main storyline of the game)
- and Multiple save files

Idno58 August 26, 2011 07:10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaftail (Post 191789)
  • Change Alder's team. He was way too easy.

also, it's probably a long shot, but I think Alder's battle theme is terrible. It would be nice if they gave him a new one.

kakashidragon August 26, 2011 07:45:56 PM

I would like to see a thing where you get to customize the main character like in the yugioh games on the DS, or at least if you change the trainer in your Trainercard to the one you picked to walk around with.

If they did bring back the pokemon walking behind thing, at least have a off/on opition in case it gets boring to see this.

A place like in Firered/leafgreen, where you get to travel to a small set of islands.

11Trident11 August 26, 2011 07:49:53 PM

visiting other regions, not to outlandish, the game takes place in the modern era, why not take a plane to sinnoh or something.

kakashidragon August 26, 2011 07:51:45 PM

That would be cool take a plane somewhere. !! oh and have it where you can battle N after he leaves (Where ever he went) and a team of his at lv's 85-90 and have his legendary be at lv100 (If he gets one)

11Trident11 August 26, 2011 07:53:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 191901)
That would be cool take a plane somewhere. !! oh and have it where you can battle N after he leaves (Where ever he went) and a team of his at lv's 85-90 and have his legendary be at lv100 (If he gets one)

I like the lvl 100 part, so you could finally fight someone with equal power once you get a team of lvl 100's

kakashidragon August 26, 2011 07:55:38 PM

Ya cause RED was at what lvl's again 80-88 (88 for pikachu)

11Trident11 August 26, 2011 07:57:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 191911)
Ya cause RED was at what lvl's again 80-88 (88 for pikachu)

exactly, npc's never have lvl 100's even at their strongest

kakashidragon August 26, 2011 07:59:34 PM

You know if they do add N as a post-e4 rematch, and if they dont include the traveling to another place thing, at least have it where you battle him either in the left-hand of the map (Cause nothing is there in B/W) or battle somewhere of the map. (Like the shinjo ruins)

Idno58 August 26, 2011 09:11:38 PM

Maybe in this new version, you could battle all of the Striaton gym leaders at once after you beat the E4.

The Spirit of Time August 27, 2011 04:26:02 AM

-A better post-game experience, since the one in BW is really not entertaining.
-A lot of cool moves gone missing this generation, which I like them to re-add, whether as Move Tutor or TMs.
-WiFi options to be updated to the one we had in the past generation.
-Give a good plot behind the two trios, since both are cool and can be enhanced with a side-plot, like the one for Heatran.
-The menu appears again in touch screen, not the useless (I forgot its name).
-Pokémon follow the trainer.
-More triple battles and rotation battles.
-A well-made Battle Frontier, which is challenging and interesting.
-Gym leaders rematches.

Plusleplusminun August 27, 2011 05:15:37 PM

I'd wanna see these things:
-Old pokémon in the main storyline such as Pikachu and Meowth
-You can catch all 3 weather trio members in this game
-Chansey is like Audino and you can find it commonly in shaking grass for a ton of exp
-gym leader and trainer rematches
-released in japan in 2013 since next year the RS remakes SHOULD be coming out next year in Japan

[TRDRS]PokeTrader August 27, 2011 05:54:43 PM

I don't think anyone has said this yet but this is about the main thing I want:

~A AUTO-LEVEL ON WI-FI!!!

Reuniclus August 27, 2011 08:48:03 PM

What I'd want to see in Grey:
- Your first gym battle against Chili, Cress, and Cilan should be a triple/rotation battle of all the elemental monkeys.
- Gym leader rematches
- Return of the VS seeker
- More areas to use the move "Dive" in. (or more water routes in general)
- A new form for Kyurem.
- Make the Elite 4 have 5 pokemon when you first battle them instead of 4 to make it more challenging.
- Being able to battle N after beating the game.
- More berries should be available to obtain besides the ones from Rangers.
- More of a backstory of Lunacosa Town.
- Being able to catch both Reshiram and Zekrom (after catching Kyurem).

Shiny August 27, 2011 09:14:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 192979)
- Make the Elite 4 have 5 pokemon when you first battle them instead of 4

I feel stupid for barely noticing they only have 4 Pokemon when you first challenge them...

Glitchy Furrystuff August 29, 2011 05:37:03 PM

Though in a rush, I agree with the Sage on Route 17... I wanna see N confront Ghetsis.

NitroStorm September 2, 2011 09:26:29 PM

What I want

*More legendaries
*Ability to go to liberty garden as soon as you get to Castelia city.
*More tripple battles.
*Expansion to 210 pokemon in game.
*Entire unava reagin in main game
*Battle kyurem at dragonspiral tower
*sound test
*Team maker for wi-fi battles

PHANTOMxTRAINER September 2, 2011 09:43:59 PM

Just saying guys, they're probably not gonna make new pokemon. they would have to be in the b/w pokedex. Or, if they do make new pokemon, u wont be able to face others in b/w..

Firo September 2, 2011 10:54:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun (Post 192607)
-released in japan in 2013 since next year the RS remakes SHOULD be coming out next year in Japan

Due to the fact Lucas/Dawn had beaten Cynthia upon fighting her in Undella Town, it takes place after HG/SS/D/P/Pt, which those take place after R/S/E/FR/LG, which means Hoenn remakes would cause an issue with time-space. You probably said tl;dr, They take place in different times.:-?

Aquablast September 3, 2011 05:51:07 AM

This is what I think.

- A chance to get one of the starters from the other generations.

- More Non-Unova Pokemon (They didn't have Pikachu being able to catch wild.)

- More Secret stuff in the game when you beat it.

- Kyurem to be the main character with an Alternate Form.

- Being able to rebattle each gym leader.

- Gray Town (since in Black there is Black City and White there is White Forest.)

- More of a background story of Team Plasma.

- Being able to catch both Reshiram and Zekrom, and anyother Pokemon that have a opposite.

- Being able to actually have a Dad.

- Being able to travel to different regions (I doubt that but still it would be cool.)

- Being able to walk with your Pokemon.

Fly Guy 2 September 3, 2011 08:22:29 AM

-New form of some Pokemon
-Gym rematches
-Sage Battles
-Bring back Pokemon following you
-More postgame
-Water routes please!
-Finding out what happened to N would be nice

Plusleplusminun September 3, 2011 08:37:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firo (Post 196028)
Due to the fact Lucas/Dawn had beaten Cynthia upon fighting her in Undella Town, it takes place after HG/SS/D/P/Pt, which those take place after R/S/E/FR/LG, which means Hoenn remakes would cause an issue with time-space. You probably said tl;dr, They take place in different times.:-?

They would be sequels like how HGSS was 3 years (or generations) after RBY, then the RSE remakes would fit perfectly for next year. I just sense them coming next year and Grey should be the last game on this gen.

Firo September 3, 2011 08:45:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun (Post 196194)
They would be sequels like how HGSS was 3 years (or generations) after RBY, then the RSE remakes would fit perfectly for next year. I just sense them coming next year and Grey should be the last game on this gen.

That would mean FR/LG takes place at a different time than R/B/G/Y.

Plusleplusminun September 3, 2011 10:47:37 AM

Oh you're right

CheatMasterK September 19, 2011 04:01:35 PM

Hm... If I had to pick some, it'd be these:

-More of a post-game story
(Sort of like in D/P/Pt.)
-Kyurem is the mascot, and has an alternate forme
-An elaboration on Lacunosa Town's legend and the Tao Trio's legend in general
(Is Kyurem just some monster from a comet? Or is it indeed a Dragon Corpse?)
-Re-battle-able Gym Leaders
-A Double Battle with N against Ghetsis post-game
-N is re-battle-able as well, with stronger Pokémon
-A Battle Frontier, separate from the Battle Subway
-Alternate formes for a few Pokémon
(I don't know which ones, but it's be cool to see.)
-Reshiram and Zekrom BOTH catch-able post-game
-A back-story for Keldeo and Meloetta
-Battling the Seven Sages
-More triple/rotation battles, maybe implemented in the battle against the Striaton Leaders
-Stronger Alder, because he was very easy to beat
-Somehow implementing Arceus, because it's Poké-God and will probably have an event
-Genesect event? :D
-Stronger/more varied Pokémon in Team Plasma
(Because let's face it, I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of beating their Watchogs.)
-More Wi-Fi battle options
-Beast-looking box-art, featuring Kyurem's alternate forme
(Like Platinum had Giratina's Origin Forme.)

That's all I can think of for now... Not a bad list, if I do say so myself. ^_^

kakashidragon September 19, 2011 11:25:53 PM

You know if kyrem would be the main legend of the game, they should make a specail area for it when battle/catch for the first time. (Like how giratina had)

The Spirit of Time September 20, 2011 06:48:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 203813)
You know if kyrem would be the main legend of the game, they should make a specail area for it when battle/catch for the first time. (Like how giratina had)

I prefer it to be as unique as possible, but probably improving the Great Chasm rather than copying Giratina's idea and creating another world. It won't seem as original then.

Dead4life September 20, 2011 12:03:44 PM

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/there-wil...o-pokemon-gray
could this help? i found it when googleing for it

kakashidragon September 20, 2011 12:41:43 PM

I dont believe that is true as what they found. But i could be wrong.

JC September 21, 2011 08:56:38 AM

As black and white where more focused on the story, I would love to have a small post game story as well.

Shadow September 21, 2011 09:29:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead4life (Post 203924)

There's actually no confirmation that a third main title will be released after Pokémon B/W, so the article's claim might not be entirely false. However, only time will tell (and frankly, I wouldn't mind a third, more rounded title).

AuraKshatriya September 21, 2011 12:27:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 191755)

2) The other change which seems almost essential to B/W is post-game modification. As soon as I was done with the plot, there was suddenly nothing left to do except for catching legendaries and filling up the Pokédex. More exciting stuff should be added.

3) As the person above me stated, we need gym leader rematches in the new title. I found it strange that B/W did not allow players to battle against gym leaders with stronger teams after the plot ended.

I actually like them not including it, even if rematches are fun. Knowing that you'll only ever face a Gym Leader once not only makes the battle more fun, but the encounter more memorable as well. They also made the Gym Leaders characters in their own right this time around, instead of simple gameplay mechanics, which I loved and hope they continue to do.

Roxas September 21, 2011 01:23:18 PM

...If you ask me, Grey needs:

Keldeo, Genosect and Melotta events! (Not just some lame event that you have to go to a game shop to get said pokemon!)
More types for Genosect!
Zoroark, Victini and Zorua being able to be caught in the wild. (..Instead of missing the Wi-Fi events/Game Shop event for 'em..)
C-Gear with more functions, or alternitively, no C-Gear at all.
More backstory into Lanosca Town and the Village Gate (..I think that's what they were called..)
More story added to N and his childhood (We don't really see much, other than his room (Creepy theme..) and the intro flashback.)
..And everything everyone else mentioned.

R.M.S Titanic September 22, 2011 05:26:40 AM

Things I'd like:

1. Access to Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh! (Hoenn sucks).
2. Bigger storyline, Ship and Iceberg collision anyone?
3. The return of Oak!

SyracuvatTenlii September 22, 2011 07:19:09 PM

You know what I want to see out of Gray Version? IT NOT BEING CALLED GRAY VERSION.
I'm sorry, but that's just a lame title. Why not something that relates to Kyurem, who's most likely going to be the mascot, and call it Clear Version or something?
Either way, I'd like to see a little extra to the story of N, legitimate access to both legendaries, and more Triple/Rotation battles. I mean, what's the point of having a triple-gym-leader and you only getting to battle ONE of them in the story?

The Spirit of Time September 23, 2011 07:30:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead4life (Post 203924)

This sounds unique to an extent, but I wonder how valid the statement is. By ending the series with B&W, they are losing a lot of potential profits. That doesn't seem quite logical.

Ningamer September 23, 2011 09:49:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya (Post 204240)
I actually like them not including it, even if rematches are fun. Knowing that you'll only ever face a Gym Leader once not only makes the battle more fun, but the encounter more memorable as well. They also made the Gym Leaders characters in their own right this time around, instead of simple gameplay mechanics, which I loved and hope they continue to do.

Bull

Crap

I'm sorry, but do you play Pokémon so that you have memorable matches with fictional characters? I sure as hell know I don't, I play Pokémon for the excitement of a close fight, during the fight and at no other time. That's why whenever I play a Pokémon game now I try to keep my team 10 levels below what they should be. Fighting a Gym Leader only once does not make the battle any more memorable than battling any old trainer you come across, nor does it make it more fun. In my Yellow at the moment I'm fighting against the Pokémon League with a team of level 37 - 45s, slowly getting further and further each time, developing my tactics for the most efficient approach possible. This is technically re-matching, since I fight Lorelei pretty much every time, and since the matches are always so close they're a lot more fun, and that goes for every single battle, not just the first one.

Roxas September 23, 2011 11:21:04 AM

A quick off-topic rant/reply to a rant    

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ningamer (Post 204823)
Bull

Crap

I'm sorry, but do you play Pokémon so that you have memorable matches with fictional characters? I sure as hell know I don't, I play Pokémon for the excitement of a close fight, during the fight and at no other time.

In your own words..
BULL CRAP.
It's a video game. How the 'hell' can it be exciting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ningamer
In my Yellow at the moment I'm fighting against the Pokémon League with a team of level 37 - 45s, slowly getting further and further each time, developing my tactics for the most efficient approach possible. This is technically re-matching, since I fight Lorelei pretty much every time, and since the matches are always so close they're a lot more fun, and that goes for every single battle, not just the first one.

That's not exciting. That's called being underleveled. I do agree with the 'fun' bit, however. Pokemon is a game for ENTERTAINMENT. Not excitement. Or so I think.. Now, enough off topic-ness.

I also hope for:
Past Player Character Battles (As in, VS May/Brandon, Dawn/Lucas, Gold/Ethan/Lyra/Kris. And VS Hilda/Hilbert. Using either pokemon obtained in events (like Red, for the past player characters) or their Battle Subway team (Hilbert/Hilda)

Plusleplusminun September 24, 2011 07:07:02 AM

I wanna see an updated Unova dex with old pokémon

Magmaster12 September 24, 2011 08:58:15 AM

Some gym leader team changes would be nice.

First battle should be a triple battle team up with Bianca and Cheren against the Straiton City trio.

Give Lenora a Cinccino or Audino.

Burgh's team is fine.

Elesa should get a Tynamo or Eelektrik.

Give Clay a Stunfisk or Golett.

Milstraiton gym's trainers need to use more diverse pokemon enough said.
Get rid of her Unfezant and give her a Archeops, Rufflet or Vullaby.

Give Brycen a Vanilluxe and a better moveset for his Beartic.

The final gym leader should be a new character and also have a Zweilous.

The E4 should also have 5 pokemon.
Give Shauntel a second Cofagrigus.
Get rid of Grimsley's Scrafty and give him a Zoroark and Mandibuzz.
Give Caitlin a Beheeyem.
Give Marshal a Scrafty.

Plusleplusminun September 24, 2011 06:46:25 PM

Here's the teams I wanna see:
1. You face all 3 trio badge leaders in a row, if you loose then you start over
2. Lenora- Watchog, Bouffalant, Herdier
3. Burgh- Scolipede, Dwebble,Leavanny
4. Elesa- Zebstrika, Tynamo, Pikachu
5. Clay- Golem, Excadrill,Krokorok
6. Skyla- Archeops, Swanna, Pelipper, and Altaria
7. Brycen- Beartic, Vanilluxe, Glalie,Froslass
8. Drayden (Since Iris is away)- Druddigon, Haxorus, Zweilous, Kingdra
Elite 4 (Round 1)
Shauntal: Cofagrigus, Banette, Gengar, Golurk, Chandelure
Grimsley- Zweilous, Bisharp, Houndoom, Sharpedo, Umbreon
Katilyn- Musharna, Espeon, Hypno, Alakazam, and Sigilyph
Marshal- Scrafty, Machamp, Conkeldurr, Lucario, and Heracross
Alder- Volcarona, Solrock, Bouffalnt, Luxray, Druddigon, and Lilligant

Justjack91 September 24, 2011 07:10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun (Post 205321)
2. Lenora- Watchog, Bouffalant, Herdier, Chansey
Elite 4 (Round 1)

I'm going to assume you mean post game, because I couldn't beat these teams with a Unova team alone under normal circumstances (as in through the story part of the game).

Also, if you're saying these are the first teams you fight, it's suppose to feature only Unova Pokemon, but I'm going to assume you mean if you re-match them again.

Magmaster12 September 25, 2011 03:55:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun (Post 205321)
2. Lenora- Watchog, Bouffalant, Herdier, Chansey
Elite 4 (Round 1)

I really don't like this.

Why should the gym leaders have pokemon from regions were the other gym leaders use them?
Wouldn't that seem a bit repetitive?

Also Lenora's team is way to hard for that early in the game most people can't even defeat her current team.

Plusleplusminun September 25, 2011 05:24:06 AM

umm... well, I want to see older pokémon in the third game before the national dex so the gym leaders and elite four will have more of a variety. ANd JustJack, those are pre national dex. It would be much more challenging than BW at the very least and Alder is post game.

Plusleplusminun September 25, 2011 05:27:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magmaster12 (Post 205405)
I really don't like this.

Why should the gym leaders have pokemon from regions were the other gym leaders use them?
Wouldn't that seem a bit repetitive?
They always do that. Wouldn't it be nice to see some good ol' pokémon anyway?

Also Lenora's team is way to hard for that early in the game most people can't even defeat her current team.

Well, she only had 2 pokémon. And plus, she'd be even more of challenge. That's what the third game is supposed to do, provide a bigger challenge.

Furret~ September 25, 2011 02:20:51 PM

Quote:

Well, she only had 2 pokémon. And plus, she'd be even more of challenge. That's what the third game is supposed to do, provide a bigger challenge.
It took me three tries to get past Lenora on my first try, but I agree the third game is supposed to provide a bit more of a challenge. I'd like to see Kyurem play a bigger role in the third game, or a chance to get both Zekrom and Reshiram without trading. Like how in Platinum you could get Dialga and Palkia, along with Giratina.

7dewott8 September 25, 2011 02:42:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furret~* (Post 205562)
It took me three tries to get past Lenora on my first try, but I agree the third game is supposed to provide a bit more of a challenge. I'd like to see Kyurem play a bigger role in the third game, or a chance to get both Zekrom and Reshiram without trading. Like how in Platinum you could get Dialga and Palkia, along with Giratina.

Problem would be how to get them to come out of the stones, Let alone how it would happen.

Furret~ September 25, 2011 02:50:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 205581)
Problem would be how to get them to come out of the stones, Let alone how it would happen.

Oh yeah, didn't think about that part...

Pwesty September 25, 2011 03:39:15 PM

Personally, I want something new, original. Not to say a new form of Kyurem or a Battle Frontier wouldn't be cool, but I want a game changer. Kinda like D/P's, but more throughout the entire game. I also would want the towns that vary from game to game to be somewhere in the middle, or maybe even have half the town be modern and one be retro.

Justjack91 September 25, 2011 10:11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun (Post 205415)
umm... well, I want to see older pokémon in the third game before the national dex so the gym leaders and elite four will have more of a variety. ANd JustJack, those are pre national dex. It would be much more challenging than BW at the very least and Alder is post game.

I'm not saying you're wrong to have an opinion on this, but to me, the whole idea of Black and White was to get "away" from having old Pokemon like Geodude or Zubat in the new games. It felt like a fresh start for Pokemon this generation not having to catch any previous gens throughout the story (or fight any for that matter). We love all the old Pokemon, but is it too much to ask not to run into Zubat in every cave of the Pokemon World? Or Magikarp? Or any other Pokemon that's been in all four previous generations?

If you watch the anime for Pokemon as well (I prefer the Jap version of "Best Wishes" myself), they make a point that Pokemon like Pikachu and Meowth are very rare or non-existent in Unova. Having previous generations in the main parts of Unova in Grey defeats that concept.

I would say re-matches are fine for the teams you suggested, and a little level twicking with "slight" adjustment to teams (still Unova and not major Pokemon though) would be fine, but your idea for complete team makeovers in the story itself makes the fifth generation (no offense) unoriginal.

Again, it's your opinion what they do with Grey, but no other generation has done this and for a reason. The whole idea was to use Unova Pokemon "only" for the story and create new strategies with said Pokemon.

SyracuvatTenlii September 28, 2011 08:45:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justjack91
I would say re-matches are fine for the teams you suggested, and a little level twicking with "slight" adjustment to teams (still Unova and not major Pokemon though) would be fine, but your idea for complete team makeovers in the story itself makes the fifth generation (no offense) unoriginal.

Well, you remember the rematches in Emerald, right? They usually had some National Dex pokemon on their team. The Kanto Gym Leaders had a lot of Gen III and IV pokemon on their teams in HGSS, as well. I think that Gym Leaders in Clear Version (what I think it should be called, anyway) should have their pokemon fully evolved for rematches, as well as some National Dex pokemon on their team by the same token.

Also, Alder should have at least 1 revamped team after you beat him for the first time. Just throwing that out there.

Glitchy Furrystuff September 29, 2011 05:04:27 AM

"Wild Zubat appeared" vs "Wild Woobat appeared"

Except the latter didn't happen every five steps, and Swoobat is adorable.

Another thing that was actually expected by me in BW: 3DS support. I know the mechanics for games are different these days, but I don't yet know why they can't make 3DS advancements (3D support, StreetPass tied to the console rather than being independent, etc) and still support backwards compatibility with the other DS models. At least, they managed to do that for Gold and Silver, with real color support on Gameboy Color and whatever else that I admit I am rambling on about.

Justjack91 October 2, 2011 12:12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyracuvatTenlii (Post 206544)
Well, you remember the rematches in Emerald, right? They usually had some National Dex pokemon on their team. The Kanto Gym Leaders had a lot of Gen III and IV pokemon on their teams in HGSS, as well. I think that Gym Leaders in Clear Version (what I think it should be called, anyway) should have their pokemon fully evolved for rematches, as well as some National Dex pokemon on their team by the same token.

Also, Alder should have at least 1 revamped team after you beat him for the first time. Just throwing that out there.

Rematches are fine, but the guy I was quoting suggested battling them in the first matches with those teams. It just doesn't make sense...especially if there are people who play that version first and want an original experience or don't know the games as well as other players. They won't be ready.

The original battles were very fair and didn't need any major changes. Rematches though, anything's game.

Tepig122 October 2, 2011 06:17:02 AM

Hmm I think Alder needs a higher leveled team.

kitsunaii October 13, 2011 07:07:16 AM

I want there to be some sort of contests, or some other way to use the Poffin/Pokeblock berries that have absolutely no use (unless there's something I don't know about) in B/W. A way to transfer berries from the game to the DW would be amazing, too, so that one could produce extra berries of ones obtained in-game.

I also wish that they hadn't made it so easy to fight the E4 and N, and then suddenly you walk into the new area unlocked by finishing the story and the Pokemon are nearly twice the levels you needed to get through in the first place. That was not a fun experience, since I tried my best to not spoil anything TOO major and had no idea that would happen :<

Also I would love for there to be more event Pokemon, more wild previous-gen Pokemon post-story, rather than just the swarms, and a different way to keep your city/forest/whatever Grey has nice and full of Pokemon/trainers so you don't NEED another person/two DS's and games to not have an empty place. I have two DS's and both versions, but I hate when things like that are two-player only D:

Twiggy October 15, 2011 02:52:42 AM

Let's see... what I'd like in the third version?

A version of Battle Frontier tailored specifically for Gen V.
A sound test mode for listening pleasure.
Increased battle graphics detail.
An instant text speed option.
Better item arrangement (Items displayed as icons on a full-screen grid with tabs on top?)
Pseudo-surround support (Could really help with the audio - the stereo separation isn't good with just the speakers)
The ability to access and use menu functions without having to press X or A
Walking Pokémon
Greater variance on overworld graphics
3DS enhancements, if possible, even if it means ditching support for DS
Expanded story, way more than what Pt did to DP

...Wow, I think I dream a lot.

7dewott8 October 15, 2011 06:10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophiuchus (Post 210093)
Let's see... what I'd like in the third version?

3DS enhancements, if possible, even if it means ditching support for DS

I'd rather not that happen. Otherwise, people might be forced to buy the 3DS just so they can play pokemon. I'd rather not have the 3DS become too major of a gaming system.

A few other thing I thought might be better:
When the Gym leaders come to battle the sages, the elite four shouldn't really be sitting on their asses like it's a normal thing. They should really come help.

Also, maybe Ghetsis could have Zekrom and N could have Reshiram. This would make the game even harder.

Twiggy October 15, 2011 06:49:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 210115)
I'd rather not that happen. Otherwise, people might be forced to buy the 3DS just so they can play pokemon. I'd rather not have the 3DS become too major of a gaming system.

A few other thing I thought might be better:
When the Gym leaders come to battle the sages, the elite four shouldn't really be sitting on their asses like it's a normal thing. They should really come help.

Also, maybe Ghetsis could have Zekrom and N could have Reshiram. This would make the game even harder.

Precisely. 3DS is the successor system to the DS line. Something will have to be phased out if 3DS were to be a success - and the company afloat. DS isn't all the hotness now these days. I can also see the third game somehow being DS's swan song...

I think the E4's all exhausted by the point you're there... but, hey, that gave me a thought. What if we could actually battle the sages?

And that might break the whole game if there's no post-battle recovery. If they do do that, I sure hope that there's some kind of auto-recovery going on in the gauntlet of battles!

Leaftail October 16, 2011 09:18:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 210115)

...Why?

People were forced to buy the DS if they wanted to play Diamond and Pearl. How is this any different? *cough* Other than the fact that D/P came out when the DS was 3 years old... But still, there were a lot of Pokemon games released for the DS when it was really young. (And anyway, by the time Gray comes out in America, the 3DS would be at least 2 years old.) Also, Nintendo announced a while ago that they have switched focus from the DS to the 3DS, so I find it pretty unlikely they would even let Game Freak make Gray on the DS...

I want Gray to be for the 3DS. IMO, the graphics in B/W are great compared to D/P, but I know they can be greatly improved. I want to see Unova in 3D, with Gamecube-like graphics. And I don't want to wait until 10 years from now when they make the inevitable remakes.

TurtwigX October 16, 2011 07:19:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaftail (Post 210383)
...Why?

People were forced to buy the DS if they wanted to play Diamond and Pearl. How is this any different? *cough* Other than the fact that D/P came out when the DS was 3 years old... But still, there were a lot of Pokemon games released for the DS when it was really young. (And anyway, by the time Gray comes out in America, the 3DS would be at least 2 years old.) Also, Nintendo announced a while ago that they have switched focus from the DS to the 3DS, so I find it pretty unlikely they would even let Game Freak make Gray on the DS...

I want Gray to be for the 3DS. IMO, the graphics in B/W are great compared to D/P, but I know they can be greatly improved. I want to see Unova in 3D, with Gamecube-like graphics. And I don't want to wait until 10 years from now when they make the inevitable remakes.

You are right, a 3DS sequel would be pretty hot, upgraded graphics and all with their special features or whatever.
But with what you're trying to say would be more like them releasing Diamond and Pearl for the GBA right before it died and then releasing Platinum for the DS as it comes to life and gets popular. Which would be random considering the limited connections between the 2 systems.

Justjack91 October 16, 2011 10:46:00 PM

Wow, this is a hard topic here. Would it be better to encourage people to buy the third game on the 3DS and add a main stream Pokemon game on it before sixth gen, or is it safer (and probably more affordable still) to just keep it on the older generation DS and lose the market that would be gained on the 3DS?

This seems like it almost merits a separate topic altogether as they are in a tough spot with this generation in this regard. They've had TWO generations of Pokemon on one handheld (albeit two very good generations). Diamond and Pearl got their Platinum on the same handheld at the right time. With the 3DS out though it's a tough call what they plan to do with the third installment of this generation.

I still half wish they waited on releasing the handheld. This way we could have confidently predict what they would have done next.

Twiggy October 17, 2011 03:34:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justjack91 (Post 210555)
Wow, this is a hard topic here. Would it be better to encourage people to buy the third game on the 3DS and add a main stream Pokemon game on it before sixth gen, or is it safer (and probably more affordable still) to just keep it on the older generation DS and lose the market that would be gained on the 3DS?

This seems like it almost merits a separate topic altogether as they are in a tough spot with this generation in this regard. They've had TWO generations of Pokemon on one handheld (albeit two very good generations). Diamond and Pearl got their Platinum on the same handheld at the right time. With the 3DS out though it's a tough call what they plan to do with the third installment of this generation.

I still half wish they waited on releasing the handheld. This way we could have confidently predict what they would have done next.

Actually, trying to keep the games DS-specific might harm sales, since the DS isn't selling as much as before, especially in Japan. It's a dying system now. Everyone will need to move on to a new platform, which in this case is the 3DS. If they do make the move, I think I can expect great things about it!

CheatMasterK October 24, 2011 07:58:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyracuvatTenlii (Post 204783)
You know what I want to see out of Gray Version? IT NOT BEING CALLED GRAY VERSION.
I'm sorry, but that's just a lame title. Why not something that relates to Kyurem, who's most likely going to be the mascot, and call it Clear Version or something?

I know! Since Kyurem's Ice-Type, they can call it Crystal!

...Oh, wait a minute...

lol I'm kidding... I really think it probably won't be called Gray, but if you think about it... What other names do they really have for it?

ultimateshadowangel November 19, 2011 06:52:24 PM

-It would be great if there was more to do than just battle trainers and catch pokemon 24/7 after beating the game.
-Also mabye a way to rematch trainers and gyms instead of just hanging around in Nimbasa alot
-A little bit more work on pokemon sprites other than the unova ones
-Make there a reason to have trainer personalities.
-Also more pokemon can come in swarms.
-Battle the other 6 sages before you arrest them
-Make it possible to get frilish earlier in game.
-Old rod, good rod, why werent they in this game?
-Battle N after beating game.

Magmaster12 November 20, 2011 05:05:52 AM

Give Glameow and Stunky an in game location!

They haven't been available in a game since Diamond and Pearl, and considering they were version exclusives that's very bad.

Manny1250 November 20, 2011 10:33:46 AM

I'm sure there won't be a Grey version [anytime soon] but the thing i want it are:

*More after-beating-Main-story, Story-line
*Interactive Mini games
*More Triple-battles

Gatorade November 20, 2011 08:08:09 PM

Amazing Pokemon of the Week You Never Knew Could Be So Great
(just call it the APOTWYNKCBSG)
Week 1

[IMG]http://sprites.*********.org/b/634.gif[/IMG]
Zweilous (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Tail
Now your wondering, whaaat? Why the heck is Zweilous up here? Hydreigon is OU, and he has an immunity to ground. Now now. Zweilous has the ever so amazing ability, Hustle which upgrades his attack to sky-high levels, rivaling Rayquaza's and Rampardos'. With that, and 3 swords dances, his outrage can OHKO ANYTHING out there. Literally, anything. Even if it resists it , anything. It has niche coverage in Outrage, Crunch, and Fire Fang, Dragon Tail to force out anything that will kill it. It fits absolutely perfect on Baton Pass teams. Let's now break down the item, nature and EVs. It's item, Eviolite boosts it's defense by 50%. Hooray! He's now bulky, also. It's nature Adamant is because it's special attack is useless. Finally, it's EVs benefit attack and speed, and 4 to HP. Normal physical sweeper set.

Well that's it! Next weeks review will be coming a bit early because I don't have time around christmas! Expect it by 12/22/11, and it will be bigger and more set suggestions. If you liked this, like the post! Later!

Platinummaster1 November 24, 2011 07:13:43 PM

I wouldn't mind new forms of Keldeo and Kyurem. Also would enjoy a new world to explore like they did in platinum and a deeper background story on kyurem.

o_o November 27, 2011 09:53:35 AM

What I want is just not getting 5th genaration pokemon throughout the game. I want the other 4 in them! :3

Plusleplusminun December 1, 2011 04:46:10 PM

Okay I just got a 3DS and played Black and White on it and it defiantly looks crude compared to the 3DS graphics. I think Gray/Gray should be on the 3DS because the DS is pretty much dead and it would look so cool in 3D. Pokedex 3D looks like what the pokemon should look like in Grey. I know it's only the third game and it'd be a big step up, but they only released BW on the DS because the 3DS wasn't in stores yet.

Platinummaster1 December 11, 2011 02:36:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idno58 (Post 191738)
First thing I want: Battle Frontier. The subway doesn't really cut it.

I agree with you. maybe in the third game they can add a new facility or something along the lines.

4Jmaster February 19, 2012 12:29:38 PM

If there WAS going to be a Pokemon Grey, I'd like to see a modified story (much like Platinum when it was released). Right now, the "next game" I'm hoping for are Ruby and Sapphire remakes

Lucario Paws February 19, 2012 07:16:10 PM

i want to be able to battle trainers and gym leaders again like in heartgold and soulsilver

Wildfire28382 February 19, 2012 11:10:37 PM

S**** gray version, what game freak need's to do is make a sort of "best of Pokemon"
e.g. The Ability to walk Pokemon in the game, also bring back the Pokemon contest DX

GrassPokemonFTW February 20, 2012 06:51:01 AM

I've been thinking about it, and I thought about Grey in regards to the Dragon trio of this generation. I'm thinking that Team Plasma will capture BOTH Reshiram AND Zekrom, and you are left to capture Kyurem.

Also, I'd like to have Pokemon Contests back. But I thought that they could make the Musical performance the appeal round, and then continue on the contest as normal.

And of course, I'd like more opportunities to catch more legendaries. None of the legends this generation were that difficult to catch...

kakashidragon February 20, 2012 09:34:37 PM

The idea of having the next game in 3d would be awsome. Then they should have a non-3d version for those without a 3ds

Wildfire28382 February 21, 2012 07:46:17 PM

Hmm capturing both legendary's? one was truth, one was ideal's so what is Kyruem?
also i was thinking just that for the Pokemon contest :3

GrassPokemonFTW February 21, 2012 08:06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildfire28382 (Post 232712)
Hmm capturing both legendary's? one was truth, one was ideal's so what is Kyruem?
also i was thinking just that for the Pokemon contest :3

Kyurem...would be the balance between the two. I guess. I don't really know. :P

Lucario Paws February 21, 2012 09:21:08 PM

grey the neutral way of thinking bypassing black truths and white ideals

PHANTOMxTRAINER February 26, 2012 06:14:41 AM

Should we close this because of B/W 2?

Justjack91 February 28, 2012 04:21:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 233144)
Should we close this because of B/W 2?

Since we still know nothing about the games, it's still fun to speculate what will be in them now that they are actually announced. Still shocked it's a direct sequel and not just a rehash with some minor adjustments...

gokugurl11 March 2, 2012 09:14:46 AM

I just want something new that'll keep me entertained for months like before. What they put it in, as long as it's not a rehash, I think I'm happy. It'll be interestig to see what they actually do though

PokeRemixStudio March 2, 2012 09:20:21 AM

Since the thread beckons speculation of a rehash and we're instead getting sequels, this thread is no longer useful, not to mention we now have a whole board dedicated to speculating about the upcoming games.