Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   COMING SOON: VR Forum RP (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10492)

teamplasma August 31, 2012 08:23:13 PM

COMING SOON: VR Forum RP

1 Attachment(s)
Soon a new addition to VR will be added. It is the new VR Forum RP (It is of course about Pokemon)! It is going to be for everyone on VR who wants to sign up! If you dont know what a Forum RP is, it is simple, it is a forum-wide Role Play that is set with a common story. It is a fun thing to do in your free time on Victoryroad! It is a little different from a regular RP, in it you post what your registered character had done; Then the Mod of the RP (for now it is just me) goes around and tells you the outcome of what happened. I am not going to explain the whole thing to you now, so you can all discover when it happens.

Attachment 3696
This is the map to the new region, is the... Traka Region! And it has many stories and mysteries for you to live!

Now the VR Forum RP is going to be released in the next few days. From tomorrow until Monday morning it will be under construction. So I ask that NO ONE posts a thread, or a post in these boards or Threads until Mondy 6am Central Time. That would make it easier for me.

You may ask some questions and such here. Also leave me some feedback.

The Spirit of Time August 31, 2012 10:53:40 PM

Quite a nice idea. Is there a main plot for the RP, or simple training and such?

john-li August 31, 2012 11:00:52 PM

I don't know if i'm aloud to post here but I think I am. Anyway I find this a good Idea and have a question. What are the locations like towns and such and where are we suppose to start off with our characters?

Super Pichu62 September 1, 2012 03:12:06 AM

Oooo~ I like this plan a lot! I hope free cookies are involved. x3

JeffTheKiller September 1, 2012 05:26:23 AM

I want my starter to be magikarp. Don't let me forget guys.

teamplasma September 1, 2012 06:13:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time (Post 260779)
Quite a nice idea. Is there a main plot for the RP, or simple training and such?

Yes, it does have a solid story. But you can choose to follow it or not, no matter what you do there is always something that can happen. It wouldn't hurt to add that Team Galactic is the team that you must defeat. You do train because there is also gym leaders for you to fight. And an elite four.

Quote:

Originally Posted by john-li (Post 260781)
I don't know if i'm aloud to post here but I think I am. Anyway I find this a good Idea and have a question. What are the locations like towns and such and where are we suppose to start off with our characters?

They are towns, cities, and villages. And sometimes major locations. I tried making the maps so you can easily see what terrain is there. There is a lake, and ice mountain, a huge mine, a volcanic mountain, and a beach.

The Spirit of Time September 1, 2012 08:03:22 AM

Am I sensing a collaboration between RP and Animé-Style battling, or is it just a daydream?

Gamernamerjj September 1, 2012 08:12:01 AM

This sounds like a great idea! It does seem like a lot of work for one person, though.

teamplasma September 1, 2012 08:12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time (Post 260816)
Am I sensing a collaboration between RP and Animé-Style battling, or is it just a daydream?

Lol, no, not now. I haven't even thought about it. This has only been a single person project for a few weeks. Though... That is something good. But even if I would have thought of that before, I wouldn't have purposed for that to happen. But good try :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamernamerjj (Post 260819)
This sounds like a great idea! It does seem like a lot of work for one person, though.

If it gets out of hand for just me I will recruit someone. But I think that isn't going to happen for a while.

PHANTOMxTRAINER September 1, 2012 07:19:54 PM

Hey, this sounds fun! I hope this works out well! Will we get to choose our starters as long as their not too over powered?

teamplasma September 1, 2012 07:25:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 260887)
Hey, this sounds fun! I hope this works out well! Will we get to choose our starters as long as their not too over powered?

In the RPG Basics board there will be a "Starter Pokemon" (or something like that) thread. And out of the 18 pokemon I selected, you will claim on at the beginning of your journey.

PHANTOMxTRAINER September 1, 2012 07:26:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamplasma (Post 260889)
In the RPG Basics board there will be a "Starter Pokemon" (or something like that) thread. And out of the 18 pokemon I selected, you will claim on at the beginning of your journey.

Seems interesting enough, can't wait for it to launch!

john-li September 1, 2012 07:35:01 PM

What will be the starter pokemon? (crosses fingers)

teamplasma September 1, 2012 07:36:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john-li (Post 260896)
What will be the starter pokemon? (crosses fingers)

You will get to choose 1 of 18 selected ones. (not all are normal starters obviously). But when the thread is made, you will find out.

john-li September 1, 2012 07:37:24 PM

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY! The best part is it seems lot's of people will be joining!

GrassPokemonFTW September 1, 2012 07:48:43 PM

Seems entertaining. Can't wait to see what other kinds of things will be popping up.

SpikyEaredPichu96 September 1, 2012 08:33:43 PM

Looks like fun, Plas! Looks like it's going to be pretty popular, too.

TurtwigX September 1, 2012 09:03:52 PM

I already liked the first post, but I guess it just wouldn't make sense for me not to make an actual post saying how much I like this idea and how much I would like to take part.
...A lot.

john-li September 1, 2012 09:05:05 PM

So were going to be starting out trainers in this one?

teamplasma September 1, 2012 09:15:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john-li (Post 260925)
So were going to be starting out trainers in this one?

Yes, in the beginning you are a trainer who obtains his first pokemon and goes on a journey for the pokemon league, to say the least. The reason you want to do it, and want to leave home is all you. The detail is, but the is all you. You dont really have to follow being a trainer, but to proceed to different towns and such you have to sometimes battle and train.

The Spirit of Time September 2, 2012 01:08:18 AM

Just a question, are you going to make a list of available Pokémon in the region?

PokeRemixStudio September 2, 2012 02:20:07 AM

Uh, so we roleplay as ourselves?

teamplasma September 2, 2012 04:55:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time (Post 260954)
Just a question, are you going to make a list of available Pokémon in the region?

All pokemon should be obtainable some way. because there are various terrains and locations where it would be reasonable for those pokemon to live. But no, there isn't a list, because it is all random on each location. There also isn't one for each place. It is you get what you get. But it will be random each time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio (Post 260955)
Uh, so we roleplay as ourselves?

You create a character as anyone that you would like to be. You get one character and you have to stick with that one character. It can be anyone that you want, as long as it meets requirements. But you cant be an alien or anything. That would just be strange. And your journey will be taken alone. You may invite people on the journey that you meet along the way, but it only starts out with you.

john-li September 2, 2012 03:26:34 PM

Can you be a antagonist to the story or only a protagonist?

teamplasma September 2, 2012 03:32:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john-li (Post 261003)
Can you be a antagonist to the story or only a protagonist?

What do you mean? I said that you pursue a journey to accomplish the Pokemon League. So you are the main character who travels the region. You cannot be like, Cyrus or any other Team Galactic Admin.

Cyrus September 2, 2012 04:32:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamplasma (Post 261007)
What do you mean? I said that you pursue a journey to accomplish the Pokemon League. So you are the main character who travels the region. You cannot be like, Cyrus or any other Team Galactic Admin.

That's good, because if someone tried to pose as me I'd have to file copyright infringement or impersonation or something >:V

But no seriously, it seems like this idea has lots of potential. I'm not usually into this kind of forum stuff, but after it gets going and I see how others are participating in it, I might join, Idk...

teamplasma September 2, 2012 07:11:18 PM

Okay, so it has come to my understanding that people want to sign-up, though I asked them no to post here until the stated time. Sign up... I will not respond to any of them until the time I said I would

PHANTOMxTRAINER September 2, 2012 07:14:28 PM

I think most of them are suggesting that they would like to sign up when it comes out, not actual signing up.

BattleStar September 2, 2012 07:18:33 PM

This sounds like a lot of fun? Would you be able to choose your ailment? Like being able to join Team Galactic?

teamplasma September 2, 2012 08:26:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BattleStar (Post 261054)
This sounds like a lot of fun? Would you be able to choose your ailment? Like being able to join Team Galactic?

Like I said. No, you will not be able to join the villains. You will do like I said, like everyone else you are a trainer that challenges the Pokemon League and tries to defeat Team Galactic. But how you do it, and why is not the same for everyone. Every story is different for everyone.

Cat333Pokémon September 3, 2012 07:46:38 PM

Now that the boards are up, please use the support thread if you need to know more about Plaz's project.