Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Victory Road Gym League: Grand Opening (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10735)

The Spirit of Time October 28, 2012 01:48:37 AM

Victory Road Gym League: Grand Opening

2 Attachment(s)
Victory Road Gym League: Grand Opening

http://victoryroad.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1351416216

Today marks the day in which the Gym League finally opens. Throughout the course of the past few weeks, you all have been updated with various instructions and mechanics that the League will follow, thus, it is pointless to go over them here again. What should be told, however, are the new additions!

1-Events & Tournaments

The Gym League Administration decided to spice up the battles within the League by introducing special events and challenging tournaments.

Events are occasions which both gym leaders and challengers participate in. These events occur every two or three months and last for one month. In an event, the Gym League runs normally, but with few rules changed. A little peak to what these changed rules could be: certain Pokémon can be used; certain type(s) can be used; certain style of battling can be used.

Tournaments are different. Gym Leaders will be the only ones to participate in those. The point of these tournaments is to determine any changes in the ranking of the gym leaders. In other words, a current gym leader, who possibly has a low rank, has the opportunity to go up the hierarchy system by proving his strength against stronger gym leaders.

More information will be provided in a separate thread.

2-Elite Four

The new project we promised.

The Elite Four is an extension to the gym leaders we already have. However, these four members will not be chosen in the normal way; applications and such. Instead, we decided to use a much better method: the first four members to defeat all eight gym leaders have the right to become the Elite Four. So... I guess you better start right now!

Remember, the League is for all members. You don't have to be competitive battlers to participate. This League is much simpler and has been made to mirror the one in the games.

Good luck to all challengers!

-The Gym league Administration

RotomGuy October 28, 2012 01:49:31 AM

Haha! At last! I cannot wait until I get my last Pokemon into the 80's so I can start challenging them!

btpoke October 28, 2012 03:12:05 AM

I, too, am excited to see how awesome this League will turn out to be :D

I need to start training!

Rankumander November 12, 2012 03:52:03 PM

This looks neat! Is there anyway I can sign up as a gym leader?

Reuniclus November 12, 2012 03:58:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rankumander (Post 268380)
This looks neat! Is there anyway I can sign up as a gym leader?

All sign-ups for becoming a gym leader are closed currently. The only case I can think of when there will be a chance to sign up to be a gym leader is if a Gym Leader decides to resign their position. Otherwise, you can always attempt to become an Elite 4 member. The first 4 people who make it through the Gym League have the liberty of becoming part of the Official Victory Road Elite 4. ^^

Also, for any further questions about the Gym League, please post them here: http://victoryroad.net/showthread.ph...231#post267231

Trainer_Kylce November 12, 2012 04:25:54 PM

Looks like it's time to intensify my training.

This is gonna be fun.

MaNiAc November 12, 2012 06:17:25 PM

I'm getting pretty close to the end of White 2. Shortly after, I'll begin intense training of my competitive team to take on the VRGL!

The Spirit of Time November 13, 2012 05:32:14 AM

Remember, the quicker you are, the higher your chance of becoming one of the Elite Four.

MaNiAc November 13, 2012 03:01:06 PM

We'll see if I even get that far xD

TurtwigX November 13, 2012 08:00:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trainer_Kylce (Post 268536)
But...What if we choose to be competitive?

Then you just have a higher chance of winning, because that's what competitive teams are made to do. I'm not a particularly competitive person when it comes to Pokémon battling, I just happen to know the mechanics, what separates strong from weak, and I like to have fun with it. And lookie what happened.

Trainer_Kylce November 13, 2012 08:06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 268538)
Then you just have a higher chance of winning, because that's what competitive teams are made to do. I'm not a particularly competitive person when it comes to Pokémon battling, I just happen to know the mechanics, what separates strong from weak, and I like to have fun with it. And lookie what happened.

Awesome.

Looks like I'm going to be training hard, then.

zero212 November 18, 2012 09:29:15 PM

im going to shoot for the best and become a member if i don't well i will beat every member mark my words

PHANTOMxTRAINER November 19, 2012 03:25:00 AM

Oh I didn't see this thread before.. Well just know that now that im back I am going to plow through the league as quick as I can. Then I can become an E4 member! Besides, I already promised Reun I would >:0 SO GYM LEADERS, PREPARE TO FEEL MY WRATH!!!!
*laughs maniacally*