Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   PokéNews (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Pokémon X and Y Sold Before Street Date in Canada and Italy (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11437)

Shade October 2, 2013 07:01:07 AM

Pokémon X and Y Sold Before Street Date in Canada and Italy

"A number of reports are coming in online suggesting that Pokemon X & Y have been released early in both Italy and Canada. The game is supposed to be released on October 12th worldwide, but it seems a small number of stores have already received the game and have broken the street date. I’m not entirely sure which stores are breaking the street date, but it’s worth hunting around."

Source: My Nintendo News

Many are speculating this will ruin any future plans of doing worldwide releases of Pokémon games in the future.

NismoZ October 2, 2013 07:16:35 AM

One of the commenters wants Nintendo to bomb Canada. I think Mag just got a new best friend.

Yoshi648 October 2, 2013 10:51:15 AM

Ugh, just in case there weren't enough leaks online already now those of us who are doing something crazy and AVOIDING INFORMATION TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME THEMSELVES TO DISCOVER STUFF now have to avoid EVERY WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET POSSIBLE. And how the eff does this happen 2 weeks early? A day or two I can understand, but two entire weeks?

RotomGuy October 2, 2013 10:54:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshi648 (Post 286090)
Ugh, just in case there weren't enough leaks online already now those of us who are doing something crazy and AVOIDING INFORMATION TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME THEMSELVES TO DISCOVER STUFF now have to avoid EVERY WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET POSSIBLE. And how the eff does this happen 2 weeks early? A day or two I can understand, but two entire weeks?

It's too hard now :(

I've melted down and stared at everything revealed today.

kakashidragon October 2, 2013 10:57:44 AM

I hate canada now, u to italy i really do :(

Reuniclus October 2, 2013 11:54:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
>_> These next two weeks are going to be a pain, I can feel it.

And I think after an event like this, we'll probably kiss any chance for a future worldwide release for a Pokémon game goodbye.

Aaaaand look what I found on ebay:
Attachment 5394

Cat333Pokémon October 2, 2013 11:59:46 AM

Dang, some of you folks are overreacting. Calm down, it's not the end of the world. :P

Reuniclus October 2, 2013 12:01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 286104)
Dang, some of you folks are overreacting. Calm down, it's not the end of the world. :P

Really? I was expecting you to overreact the most...

Cat333Pokémon October 2, 2013 12:06:25 PM

It doesn't change the fact that we're getting the game on October 12, and we've been avoiding spoilers enough so far that it shouldn't be much of a problem avoiding them for a bit longer. :P

Magmaster12 October 2, 2013 12:17:25 PM

Apparently the only safeheaven from Nintendo's violation claims is ironically the site that Cat has censored for some reason but is notorious for spam, memes, and anti-bronies.

kakashidragon October 2, 2013 02:02:28 PM

Well if some people do have thos early then, then maybe they can shed some light to see if we get the auto-lemvel system back. If they can confirm that then i guess i can be happy about this.

TurtwigX October 2, 2013 07:23:15 PM

So the stores got it when they were supposed to but released them early because the managers are too chill to follow Nintendo's rules.

Oooohhh noooooo. This is a global catastrophe! We have to do something... let's shut down the government!

I expected this would happen, just not this early. Then again, we're almost a week to release, and I'm starting to get pretty lax on the spoiler-block. Just a little while longer for regulars.

kakashidragon October 2, 2013 08:11:12 PM

I think these new games are eating aways peoples waitingness. Thats why leaks happen.

GrassPokemonFTW October 2, 2013 09:15:32 PM

So Canada and Italy got it early. Big woop, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. After all, it's a mere 10 days to go, we won't have to endure the madness for much longer, so I'm just going to sit over here and see what new Pokémon we get.

Although I do not like waiting, with only a little time left, it's all I can do. Endure.
GrassPokémonFTW endured the hit!

Pokemanmdj October 3, 2013 09:53:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 286093)
I hate canada now, u to italy i really do :(

B-but... :<

Actually, I think they got to one of the guys who had leaked a bunch of info.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/03/poke...scated-report/

And either way, only a handful of people actually got a copy. Through non-conventional ways, as well. It's not the worst thing that could have happened.
Not really going to worry over it.

kakashidragon October 4, 2013 12:21:24 AM

Yeah a couple of people gave back there copys when a guy from nintendo went to one of stores that sold the games.

josegold February 20, 2014 02:45:19 PM

What a darn shame. I remember when my parents bought me pokemon blue when it was new way back when. Such an amazing journey, so many surprises. Now, it’s hard approaching a new generation without already knowing what your team is going to be ahead of time.

I hope these retailers are punished. That’s just not cool.