Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   The Media (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Happy Back to the Future Day (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11928)

Cat333Pokémon October 21, 2015 08:05:28 AM

Happy Back to the Future Day

Today is October 21, 2015, which is the future date that Marty goes to in Back to the Future: Part II. It's rather wild how accurate some predictions in that film were, while others...not very close.

Twiggy October 22, 2015 01:50:29 AM

I probably should go watch BTTF. :P

Dragonite October 22, 2015 08:54:44 PM

I'll just stick a mention about the Chicago Cubs here before going back to losing my heads over the NL pennant o~o

Also I love how last century's future always basically involved "we invent magic" and nobody ever thinks of, like, video games and stuff. SUPER MARIO BROS WAS ALREADY FOUR WHEN BTTF2 CAME OUT, GUYS.

edit Oh yeah these are all over the Internet but for whoever hasn't seen one yet, this isn't bad:

Cat333Pokémon October 22, 2015 09:06:45 PM

They did bring up video games in the second film. At the café, when Marty plays Wild Gunman, the kids say that playing games with your hands is like "a baby's toy." I think that somewhat predicted the Kinect. :-o

Yoshi648 October 22, 2015 09:20:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 298046)
They did bring up video games in the second film. At the café, when Marty plays Wild Gunman, the kids say that playing games with your hands is like "a baby's toy." I think that somewhat predicted the Kinect. :-o

And on that gaming tangent, right before that when Marty passes the vintage item store (the one where he buys the sports almanac) you can see a few boxed NES games (including Jaws) and an old Apple Macintosh (and a nice looking JVC RGB studio monitor :p)

PHANTOMxTRAINER October 23, 2015 05:31:33 AM

I'm just so happy that the Cubs prediction didn't happen, because I am from NY. Lets go Mets!

Also, I have tried those new "hoverboards" (the self-balancing segway) that they have, and they are actually really fun to use!

Another predicition that I was excited about that was predicted in Back to the Future is the Nike Air Mag with self tying laces! They're not available to the public until Spring 2016 in an auction with proceeds going to Parkinson's Disease research. As much as I want the shoes, they'll probably go for $5000+, which is money I can not afford to spend on sneakers. Oh well!

Dragonite October 23, 2015 08:27:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 298046)

Weird, not exactly sure how I could have missed that . . .

kakashidragon October 23, 2015 09:37:24 AM

I hear that they are making a part 4 soon.

Cat333Pokémon October 23, 2015 07:16:20 PM

Oh yeah, I'm also pretty surprised how accurately they predicted ~40" flatscreen TVs being mounted on the walls, especially with the gradual progression of television technology since '89. And that's not to mention watching multiple channels at once, which is part of various sports packages (like NFL Sunday Ticket) on the satellite providers.

MattyBrollic October 30, 2015 02:27:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 298048)
I'm just so happy that the Cubs prediction didn't happen, because I am from NY. Lets go Mets!

Also, I have tried those new "hoverboards" (the self-balancing segway) that they have, and they are actually really fun to use!

Another predicition that I was excited about that was predicted in Back to the Future is the Nike Air Mag with self tying laces! They're not available to the public until Spring 2016 in an auction with proceeds going to Parkinson's Disease research. As much as I want the shoes, they'll probably go for $5000+, which is money I can not afford to spend on sneakers. Oh well!

HECK YEAH BABY LETS GO METS