Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Winner's Path? More like Wiener's Path! (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=3088)

kendowater May 17, 2010 08:40:03 PM

Winner's Path? More like Wiener's Path!

I was really excited to get the Winner's Path route for my PokéWalker and really wanted one of those "bouncing" Magikarps...unfortunately I can't get anything but Bronzor and Duskull!

All I'm able to get is Bronzor and Duskull, I once walked 10,000 steps and I said "I HAVE to get SOMETHING other than Duskull!!!"...but I got more Bronzor instead!!!

So, am I just REALLY unlucky, or is there some sort of problem with my PokéWalker/Game?
I thought it was ludicrous that Magikarp can be found with no steps at all and I can never find even one!!!!

So if anyone can help me that would be lovely!!!! No rude comments please!! :grin:

OMGITSJAD May 18, 2010 07:29:35 AM

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...alker_Route%29

To get certain Pokémon, you need to walk a certain amount of steps. Same with items.
Getting certain Pokémon is all in luck, even if you get 10k steps, if you don't get a [!!!!] box, you wont get a rare Pokémon.

Ningamer May 18, 2010 07:36:48 AM

Also, notice that on that Bulbapedia page, the Pokemon are in groups called A, B and C. Each time you connect the Pokewalker to the game, one Pokemon from each of those groups is selected. The selected Pokemon are the only ones that will appear on your 'stroll'. When you connected your DS to your game, it chose Bronzor and Duskull, meaning you couldn't see Magikarp or Horsea.

Fly Guy 2 May 19, 2010 04:12:17 PM

That sounds like a personal problem to me.

piexing May 19, 2010 05:00:19 PM

One of the Move Tutors will teach Magikarp Bounce, anyway.

kendowater May 19, 2010 06:53:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ningamer (Post 51278)
Also, notice that on that Bulbapedia page, the Pokemon are in groups called A, B and C. Each time you connect the Pokewalker to the game, one Pokemon from each of those groups is selected. The selected Pokemon are the only ones that will appear on your 'stroll'. When you connected your DS to your game, it chose Bronzor and Duskull, meaning you couldn't see Magikarp or Horsea.

Oh! Okay I get it! I didn't know the game selects it for you! Thank you!

Even though I asked for no rude comments I still get jerks...

Turtwig May 25, 2010 01:33:57 PM

It always seems like the Munchlax's are always impossible to obtain, first I get to 10,345 steps and I find 2 of them, their just way too hard to catch.

OMGITSJAD May 25, 2010 01:40:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtwig (Post 55941)
It always seems like the Munchlax's are always impossible to obtain, first I get to 10,345 steps and I find 2 of them, their just way too hard to catch.

Be sure to fight 'em until they get 1 HP bar first.

Quadcentruo May 25, 2010 06:21:43 PM

So, what can you find in the Winner's Path anyway?
I don't find a motivation to use my Pokewalker anymore....

And also, you probably lost.

Unrelated note: happy 700th post to me.

OMGITSJAD May 25, 2010 06:30:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 56166)
So, what can you find in the Winner's Path anyway?
I don't find a motivation to use my Pokewalker anymore....

And also, you probably lost.

Unrelated note: happy 700th post to me.

It's a Wi-Fi Mystery Gift event.
and Congrats.

Magmaster12 May 26, 2010 01:53:45 AM

I don't think Winners path is worth all the walking for the extra pokemon since all the pokemon are already able to learn those moves in some way.

Ningamer May 26, 2010 09:32:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magmaster12 (Post 56312)
I don't think Winners path is worth all the walking for the extra pokemon since all the pokemon are already able to learn those moves in some way.

Go get a Munchlax with self-destruct without using your Pokewalker.

Velociraptor78 May 26, 2010 10:16:07 AM

That actually is the only way to get SD Munchlax.

OMGITSJAD May 26, 2010 10:49:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ningamer (Post 56355)
Go get a Munchlax with self-destruct without using your Pokewalker.

While SD Snorlax is good and all, there a ton of better alternates. :/ (Though Life Orb + STAB = Insta-kill, most likely. :L)

Ningamer May 26, 2010 11:11:11 AM

Maybe I like it though. Maybe I don't want to use it for competitive battling. Maybe I enjoy exploding Snorlaxes.

Dorei_Uchiha36 May 26, 2010 12:37:50 PM

I can't find munchlax anywhere on the pokewalker. It's hard!

Ningamer May 26, 2010 01:12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorei_Uchiha36 (Post 56496)
I can't find munchlax anywhere on the pokewalker. It's hard!

You need to get 8000 steps in one day, then there's a chance that they'll appear before the next day. Howevah, if you've found a Beldum you're gonna have to connect back to your game, because each time you conncet to the game 3 of 6 pokemon are chosen at random. You'll only encounter those three Pokemon, and if you've encountered a Beldum you can't encounter <unchlax. Reconnect and try again. (Yes, you'll lose all your watts.)

RotomGuy July 29, 2010 09:39:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magmaster12 (Post 56312)

Not Beldum. He leans Zen Headbutt in there. Usually, Beldum can only learn Take Down. The only move tutor move he can have is regular headbutt.

Idno58 July 29, 2010 09:52:39 AM

*shrug*
I never got the pokewalker, so... I have no Idea what you're talking about :3