Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Victory Road's Yearbook of 2012 (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10936)

The Spirit of Time January 1, 2013 12:37:27 AM

Victory Road's Yearbook of 2012

A new page of 2013 has unfolded, holding memories of 2012 and announcing those who had an impact on other members, securing themselves a position in one of the titles of Victory Road.

Victory Road's first new feature was the Last 15 Posts, which later evolved to become Last 14 Posts and more if required by the member. This feature is found on the home page, right at the top. It was made due to the thought that it would raise the activity of threads in the forums, and we certainly hope that it has achieved its purpose and is well-received by the members.

We then witnessed the fall down of Victory Road Instant Messenger, which was sucking out the life of the forums. Its closure helped in reviving the forums, albeit slowly.

As a comeback, Victory Road Gym League woke up from its hiatus in a new structure. The Gym League currently holds the eight gym leaders and is waiting for those who can conquer it, in order to raise them as its Elite Four.

The forums then took a minor restructuring phase and added to its arsenal a new Blog board and Competitive Battling sub-board.

Lastly, Cat333Pokémon gave the forums a Christmas gift, that is, Victory Road's own Team Builder, in the hopes that it would help everyone design their teams efficiently, whether for competitive reasons, or in-game.

It is time now for the Nominations Awards. Remember, all nominees have been chosen by the members in a voting session. Those nominees might not necessarily be what they have been nominated as, but it is their impact on other members that mattered in such a situation.

Apart from the titles, each member in the first position of every title will have an Articuno as an adoptable pet. Those in the second and third positions will have a shiny Bonsly as their adoptable pet.

Let's start!

The Most Missed Member
First, with 25 points, LiteTheIronMan.
Second, with 20 points, Eagles.
Third, with 12 points, Sunny.

The Friendliest Member
First, with 35 points, LugiaDialga.
Second, with 32 points, Reuniclus.
Third, with 22 points, Cat333Pokémon.

The Funniest Member
First, with 25 points, Fubab_107.
Second, with 20 points, Soulradio.
Third, with 15 points, PokeRemixStudio.

The Most Knowledgeable Member
First, with 40 points, Cat333Pokémon.
Second, with 27 points, Quadcentruo.
The third position has been eliminated because it was shared among more than three members.

The Best Pokémon Battler
First, with 60 points, Reuniclus.
The second position has been eliminated because it was shared among more than three members.

The Best Role-Player
First, with 37 points, SpikyEaredPichu96.
Second, with 20 points, GamernamerJJ.
Third, with 15 points, NismoZ.

The Best Artist
First, with 52 points, TediousRamen.
Second, with 25 points, Twiggy.
Third, with 17 points, PokeRemixStudio.

The Best Spriter
First, with 50 points, teamplasma.
Second, with 45 points, Idno58.
Third, with 9 points, 7Dewott8 and NismoZ.

The Best Photographer
First, with 15 points, GreenMan.
Second, with 10 points, TurtwigX and JeffTheKiller.
Third, with 5 points, Twiggy.

The Best Remixer
First, with 65 points, LugiaDialga.
Second, with 40 points, PokeRemixStudio.
Third, with 27 points, Reuniclus.

The Biggest Minecraft Fan
First, with 65 points, Shade.
Second, with 27 points, A'bom.
Third, with 15 points, Isbragg.

The Best Blogger
First, with 45 points, SpikyEaredPichu96.
Second, with 32 points, Cyrus.
Third, with 22 points, NismoZ.

The Best New Comer
First, with 32 points, PureAurorae.
Second, with 30 points, Trainer_Kylce.
The third position has been eliminated because it was shared among more than three members.

The Most Nominated Member
First, with 134 points, Reuniclus.
Second, with 122 points, LugiaDialga.
Third, with 103 points, SpikyEaredPichu96.

That is all for this year. Good luck next year and Happy New Year everyone!

Quadcentruo January 1, 2013 05:03:18 AM

Now how am I supposed to compete with the head admin for Most Knowledgeable? It's the same thing that happened last year I tell ya.

But either way, congrats to everyone and happy new year.

Twiggy January 1, 2013 05:13:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 272333)
Now how am I supposed to compete with the head admin for Most Knowledgeable? It's the same thing that happened last year I tell ya.

Maybe anyone that won first place for last year will be automatically disqualified the next time around until one more year passes.

PHANTOMxTRAINER January 1, 2013 05:34:38 AM

Happy New Years VR! It certainly has been a fun year, and I hope we can make this next one even better! :)

PureAurorae January 1, 2013 06:05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time (Post 272325)
The Best New Comer
First, with 32 points, PureAurorae.
Second, with 30 points, Trainer_Kylce.

Well I am touched, thanks to those who voted me. :o
Anyways, Happy New Year everyone and lets make 2013 on VR be awesome!

RaytwOST January 1, 2013 06:19:04 AM

Congrats and happy new year to everyone !

Fubab_107 January 1, 2013 06:26:41 AM

Well... That outcome was unexpected...

Well Anyway! Happy New Year to all!

Cyrus January 1, 2013 11:01:07 AM

YAY I ALMOST WON SOMETHING!

Congratulations to all the winners, and Happy New Year VR!

NismoZ January 1, 2013 11:04:55 AM

Well, I didn't win anything, but I was at least on the page, unlike the two years prior. And congrats to the winners :3

Reuniclus January 1, 2013 12:02:40 PM

Congrats to everyone here who got a place in the 2012 yearbook and Happy New Year! ^^

...I got most nominated? o-o

Cat333Pokémon January 1, 2013 12:36:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 272335)
Maybe anyone that won first place for last year will be automatically disqualified the next time around until one more year passes.

That's actually a great idea. Spirit, what do you think?

teamplasma January 1, 2013 01:00:30 PM

I am content with these results. I think that some of the results are weird... Congratz to the winners. :)

Yoshi648 January 1, 2013 01:12:51 PM

Yay I'm a loser :faec:

Congratulations to the winners, and a happy and healthy new year to all!

PokeRemixStudio January 1, 2013 01:31:28 PM

Didn't win anything this year, but I think it's cool that I made it into three categories.

SpikyEaredPichu96 January 1, 2013 01:37:55 PM

Oh wow, I got first in two categories? I'm blushing you guys. Thanks to everyone who voted for me, and congratulations to the others that won as well! Happy New Year VR!

LugiaDialga January 1, 2013 01:46:25 PM

It's official, 2013 is now going to be a VERY scary year! Why? Because I somehow won two categories?! Whooaaaaa, that's crazy, that's not supposed to happen! x3 Congratulations to every single person rather they won or not, 2012 was a good year and all, it had it's time now. Welcome to 2013. I am flattered that others think I am friendly, thank-you guyssss, it means a lot~ >w<
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8836

Cat333Pokémon January 1, 2013 09:00:05 PM

I have distributed the Articuno. I shall distribute the Bonsly later. The top three nominated members have also earned a shiny Articuno.

The Spirit of Time January 1, 2013 10:01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 272370)
That's actually a great idea. Spirit, what do you think?

We will talk about it in late 2013, not now, as I am currently sulking for not winning anything this year. :lol:

Trainer_Kylce January 2, 2013 09:58:35 AM

Hey, I placed! And was pretty close to first.
I'm satisfied.

Ultimazone January 2, 2013 12:05:29 PM

Even though I'm not on here (and I feel like a sore loser for being upset about not being in the remixers category), at least I didn't get an award for something I didn't even do, like in 2010 for being the 2nd best Mario Kart Wii player, even though I don't own the game.

Cat333Pokémon January 2, 2013 01:51:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimazone (Post 272522)
Even though I'm not on here (and I feel like a sore loser for being upset about not being in the remixers category), at least I didn't get an award for something I didn't even do, like in 2010 for being the 2nd best Mario Kart Wii player, even though I don't own the game.

Hm, maybe you were mistaken for UltimaRaichu?

Yeah, the previous ones were pretty bad. By far, the worst categories were those involving activity. When we had VRIM, Magmaster12 won the chattiest award in 2011. Most folks should know he almost never said anything. Also, L got second for most active in 2010. Total posts to date? 115.

LiteTheIronMan January 2, 2013 01:57:03 PM

so what exactly is the logic behind awarding the most missed member of VictoryRoad anything?

cynicism aside, Happy New Year or whatever.

PokeRemixStudio January 2, 2013 02:00:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan (Post 272536)
so what exactly is the logic behind awarding the most missed member of VictoryRoad anything?

To bribe them to come back.

Oh hey, it worked. Welcome back.

TediousRamen January 2, 2013 07:00:24 PM

Piece of cake.

isbragg January 3, 2013 03:58:28 PM

I placed?! *faints*

Cat333Pokémon January 4, 2013 10:52:57 PM

I'll get the Bonsly up in a couple days.

Soulradio January 5, 2013 12:32:09 AM

Now I'm a punk for not voting. My apologies for that, but dang I placed 2nd as funniest member? I'm touched. Truly I am.

Cat333Pokémon January 7, 2013 04:03:53 PM

I have passed out the 26 Bonsly for second and third place. Be sure to check your pets to make sure they were properly distributed.