Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How did you find this website? (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=1856)

Alakazamaster February 2, 2010 02:40:19 PM

How did you find this website?

The internet is an interesting place, as you can stumble across various websites, some good and some bad.
Back when you found this website, did you join immediately? Join because of the forum? For some of you it may have happened so long ago the details are foggy, at best, so just try to remember :D.

I joined a little while after watching Cat's videos on YouTube, and made it just in time for the Brawl tournament. I liked the feel of the forums, and the main site, so I decided to plant my roots, so to speak. :)

GreenLiquid February 2, 2010 03:31:06 PM

Through USTREAM. It's actually a somewhat humorous story that I think some people here remember. Basically, I was watching one of Cat's streams during the time that he was using the Xat client. Seeing a large viewer count, I kept posting comments to no avail. Finally, I was redirected by Cat himself to the Xat, where I found a link to Floatzel.net. The whole circumstance was a bizarre instance of serendipity.

Magmaster12 February 2, 2010 03:39:50 PM

Kept on going to watch Cat's vids since 2007 came to site once, I thought it was lame and then I subbed to him in July 08 and joined when Cat talked about it on his youtube page in late August.

Jaredvcxz February 2, 2010 04:15:58 PM

Pokezam's merging to here, so, yeah.

wowinim February 2, 2010 05:50:58 PM

I joined 'cause of the Brawl tourney...

SK February 2, 2010 06:30:40 PM

The guys over at PZ informed me. :P

LiteTheIronMan February 2, 2010 07:43:10 PM

The long story or the short story?

Short: I found Cat's channel on YouTube and joined Buizel.net's forum.

Long: Ohhhh...boy....

I saw in my Friend Activity tab on YouTube, someone had favorited a Mario Paint Composition. I think it was AngryTigerP's version of What I've Done- Linkin Park. Either him or buckyboy2009's. Either way, I clicked the link, and it was good. I saw some MPC's in Related Videos from a few other people who have also become big YouTube favorites of mine. They were cat333pokemon (obviously), WaluiJay, balloon303, and arghivebeenshot. I saw Cat had some DPP walkthrough segments up, and I posted comments on his videos asking what I realize now were somewhat common knowledge. Through Cat, I also found chuggaaconroy (again, through Related Videos.)

After a while, I saw that Cat had a link to Buizel.net on his channel. I clicked the link, and at the time I don't think it was as big of a site as Floatzel.net and Victory Road are now. And that's how I found out about buizel.net, then floatzel.net, then victoryroad.net.

Blood, sweat, and tears right here. Blood, sweat, and tears.

Yoshi648 February 2, 2010 07:48:51 PM

I've been a friend of Cat so obviously he told me of this site way back in 2006 when he had his little-known website Mario Minus World. It definitely has been interesting to watch the website grow and evolve (Poképun not intended) to what it is now. I still remember the very first forum, with all of two members (us two obviously).

Shadow February 3, 2010 09:05:41 AM

My friends at Pokézam told me about the forums, so I joined it.

Sub-zero February 5, 2010 05:32:06 PM

Cat's YT account.

Luxray13579 February 5, 2010 07:28:28 PM

I had actually ran across it a few times, mentioned on youtube, Cat's youtube page, went looking for a pokemon test found the purity test, looking for comments about Darkrai, found "Darkrai stories". Finally decided to join and WOW was that a good choice!

Jaredvcxz February 6, 2010 02:59:57 AM

In a world where people join on first sight... there's luxray <.<

The Spirit of Time February 6, 2010 08:25:05 AM

Zam merged with this forums in December.

ShadowCharizard February 17, 2010 12:43:59 PM

easy Pokedoptables

Zega March 6, 2010 12:28:19 AM

Being a fair friend of Cat, I think it's pretty simple.

piexing March 6, 2010 12:45:08 PM

If you'll look at my profile, I've been here forevar. Since THE BEFORE TIME. I found Buizel.net from Cat's videos and the forum from Buizel.net, before it evolved. :D I think.
I didn't start posting until Cat posted videos advertising the forum and I don't remember much from THE BEFORE TIME.

Ayunnuya April 2, 2010 03:29:49 PM

Got attracted here cuz of the BRawl tourney.

UltimaRaichu April 12, 2010 04:40:31 PM

That HG/SS Party in March.

smartguy01 April 15, 2010 12:55:51 PM

I think I found this from Floatzel. I found floatzel trying to find some item on the internet and stumbling upon it. After a few months there, I found this forum.

EricThePelipper April 15, 2010 01:03:29 PM

I used to be staff on PokemonLegend. PokemonLegend is what was turned into PokeStation. The owner Chris and I talked like forever all the time, and he told me about his new partner website, Floatzel. I was interested and I gave it a check up and Cat's YouTube and BAM! That is my story.

Jaredvcxz April 15, 2010 01:08:32 PM

I have an interesting story on how I found Pokezam, if anyone wants to hear it...

BlackRayquaza April 15, 2010 01:59:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLiquid (Post 28204)
Through USTREAM. It's actually a somewhat humorous story that I think some people here remember. Basically, I was watching one of Cat's streams during the time that he was using the Xat client. Seeing a large viewer count, I kept posting comments to no avail. Finally, I was redirected by Cat himself to the Xat, where I found a link to Floatzel.net. The whole circumstance was a bizarre instance of serendipity.

Now I don't have to say much because GL explained the whole thing. XD I wasn't on Xat but I was mained on TheSpeedGamers and USTREAM. I kinda was surfing USTREAM one day and saw Cat333Pokemon. I said to myself: "Isn't that the Mario Paint Composer?" And I saw the link to www.floatzel.net . That got me into the forum. So, yeah.

Flare Soru April 15, 2010 02:10:42 PM

Same as you pie...joined Buizel.net when I say it in one of cats YT vids
It bacame Floatzel.net right afterwards though.

Ditto616 April 15, 2010 02:17:25 PM

Well, I started watching Cat's videos soon after he started. I also liked to watch his streams. One stream, I came and there were people, obviously, and I kept coming back. I made friends, like Lite and Pikaluv, and I was convinced to join.

Blues.EXE April 15, 2010 08:25:49 PM

Though PokeRemixStudio's YT Chanel.

OMGITSJAD April 16, 2010 08:51:52 AM

Well, I saw Cat's awesome Mario Paint compositions and subscribed eventually, then when he had one stream for...I think HG/SS JP, I didn't join the forum, but the one after wards, his Emerald stream, I joined during.

Never really stuck to a forum and when I joined I thought, "Oh, I'll probably just let it fade out eventually, like other forums i've joined."

And now I visit it about every day. :p

Luxray13579 April 16, 2010 05:36:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz (Post 28661)
In a world where people join on first sight... there's luxray <.<

Well yea, I didn't want to commit to the site if I wasn't gonna come on. After running into it, I could swear it was like 10 time on one day so I was like "eh, what the heck." and that is how Luxray13579 was born. (This was the first place I used that name, pretty awesome.)

pokewalker1205 April 16, 2010 06:03:19 PM

My friend GuildmasterWigglytuff told me. GuildmasterWigglytuff is my buddy!

TheRagingTyranitar April 24, 2010 09:14:41 AM

A friend of mine(who is also a member of this forum) on YouTube told me about it.

LoPun May 10, 2010 06:53:16 AM

I know my ways.ok, I found it on cat333pokemon's youtube channel. He posted a video advertising it or something.

Ningamer May 10, 2010 07:14:37 AM

My friend and I were browsing Youtube, and hit a lot of Mario Paint/Composer videos. We were immediately hooked on the Mario Paint music and, with Cat's videos being very popular, I eventually came across his. So I subscribed, and liked his MP/C skillz so much that I decided to go to Buizel.net. There I took the Pokemon Purity Test, and found the forum. This was only last September, when there were only a couple of hundred members (I'm member 153 =3) . So yeah, that's my story.

Amir May 10, 2010 01:57:38 PM

Well, I went to Buizel.net a couple years ago (I was entering random Pokemon names to see if they were websites), and I ended up finding this place again much later through Cat.

XP May 15, 2010 11:37:25 AM

I knew Cat had a website, and a couple of months ago I checked it out and enjoyed it. And now people like Amir and Tainers14 have joined, I felt I should join and relax some more.

Snow May 19, 2010 03:31:42 PM

A friend linked me.
~Snow

Searinox May 20, 2010 12:11:35 PM

Bailed out from a dying forum lol.

piexing May 20, 2010 01:02:51 PM

Cool story, bro. Dying forums are cool. Especially after they're dead and you can spam them and nobody will care. :3 Though I hope that won't happen here for a while. :wink:
Any more detail to that story?

LoPun May 20, 2010 02:49:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piexing (Post 52675)
Cool story, bro. Dying forums are cool. Especially after they're dead and you can spam them and nobody will care. :3 Though I hope that won't happen here for a while. :wink:

Quoted for truth.
I did that once. I never got caught.:3 I think it was a naruto forum that I spammed on, or was it a general anime?

PokeRemixStudio May 20, 2010 03:17:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piexing (Post 52675)

If it was a really epic forum, you wouldn't want to spam it and taint the legacy it had left behind.

LoPun May 21, 2010 02:12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio (Post 52887)
If it was a really epic forum, you wouldn't want to spam it and taint the legacy it had left behind.

PRS got a point there. Forums that were epic that died doesn't deserve to get spammed on. That quote taught me a lesson here.Dx

lovegames August 12, 2010 11:01:07 PM

I find this just from Google, haha

Cam Chomp August 12, 2010 11:11:30 PM

through the Flotzel.net Pokeadoptables.

NismoZ August 13, 2010 06:33:39 AM

I had been to Floatzel well before I joined VR. I was getting fed up with Bulbagarden, which was the only Pokémon forum I was registered for then, so I decided to give this place a shot.

The Tropius of Tropiuses August 15, 2010 10:37:56 AM

I originally saw Cat's video about a pokemon tournaminte on here. I had never joined a forum before, but the music and tourney drew me back to the video . I thought about it, and thought and thought and thought. Then, I said, "Okay, i've got nothin' to lose!" And joined. The irony is, I wasn't able to join in the pokemon tourney. Hehe.

Turtwig August 15, 2010 11:31:19 AM

I was editing my site one day and I decided I wanted to affiliate with some sites, I found floatzel.net, (funny thing is I never realized my site was so undeveloped), Cat gave me a brief response of what I should work on, and then we became affiliates soon after, I looked around floatzel.net, and I saw the word's, "Victory Road", so I decided to check it out, and I like the forum's so I joined, and here I am, Turtwig ^__^

[TRDRS]PokeTrader August 15, 2010 02:22:51 PM

I found it on Floatzel.net

Leaftail August 15, 2010 08:22:34 PM

I believe I found this place about 2 months ago, but didn't decide to join it. Then PRS referred me here, and convinced me to join.

Shiny August 17, 2010 02:12:41 PM

I was searching random Pokemon names and found Floatzel.net and then registered for the forums :3

RotomGuy August 23, 2010 10:08:22 PM

I was looking for black and white sprites, and floatzel net was the only place to have them. i then found the forums :D

Ashchangau August 24, 2010 10:54:43 AM

One of my friends on Youtube told me about it and asked if I could join. I like forums, so..

Kirby-Chan August 25, 2010 07:51:31 AM

I found it from The Cave of Dragonflies's affiliate.

RK-9 August 25, 2010 08:27:31 AM

I found it through youtube. I actually visited it when it was buizel.net, waaaaaay back (not knowing there was a forum :headbang:)..

Long story: It was one of my normal days browsing through youtube. Probably saw one of cat's videos and went to buizel.net every day of my life there on. 1(ish) year later I noticed a forum. Here this eevee is now, posting this short long story.

Sparkle August 25, 2010 10:47:03 AM

I was on youtube and PokeRemixStudio had posted a link so I decided to sign up (:

Idno58 August 25, 2010 11:21:21 AM

When Cat sent a video on youtube announcing the June Pokemon tournament.

GrassPokemonFTW August 30, 2010 07:27:37 PM

Found this site through a series of events...

I used to be a member of the Pokebeach forums, and I saw the Floatzel Pokedoptables in some people's signature. I clicked it, then I decided to make an account on the Pokedoptables site. A few days later, I decided to see the forums. I found it to be a nice place, so here I am now. ^.^

zsaberslash September 11, 2010 04:26:25 PM

I'd been watching Cat's vids for a long time, and I'd been on the main site when it was Mario Minus World. I then decided to join after one of Cat's streams after I made friends with some of the other viewers there. This was before there was 100 members.

teamplasma September 11, 2010 06:35:44 PM

guildmaster told me!!