Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon General (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Favorite Opening Theme (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=5494)

Jason_Henge September 18, 2010 06:24:03 PM

Favorite Opening Theme

Please wait while the videos in the spoiler are being loaded. :)

Pokemon Theme Videos    

(Original) (Orange League)

(Johto Journeys) (Johto League Champions)

(Master Quest) (Advanced)

(Advanced Challenge) (Advanced Battle)

(Battle Frontier) (Diamond and Pearl)

(DP Battle Dimension) (Galactic Battle)

(Sinnoh League Victors) (Best Wishes teaser)

In the spoiler (which may take a while to load, sorry!) are all 13 of the current Opening Themes. Which opening theme is your favorite out of all of them? I threw in Best Wishes just because of an awesome Iron Tail @ 0:15 - 0:17. :) Please understand that this thread has NOTHING to do with the season of anime at all! This is a discussion of the evolution of the themes. You'll notice that the first few get you fairly pumped and excited, while the later ones are more lax and have a bland tone about them.

Magmaster12 September 18, 2010 06:32:29 PM

A poll should be added to this.

Needless to say I love them all, but if I had to choose I'd say I wanna be hero.

It's a shame though the song is only 42 seconds and there's no extended version unlike the other ones.

I also thinking that once 4kids lost the rights all the intros sucked and sound like bad christian rock songs.

It seems like they all just gradually keep getting worse I mean Sinnoh League Victors barely had a rythme.

Jason_Henge September 18, 2010 06:47:03 PM

CRAP!!! I knew I forgot something! >3<

AnathemA September 18, 2010 06:57:28 PM

The Original Theme will always be my favorite. No competition. But the next three in my list would be Born to be a Winner, Stand Up, and the Johto Theme :D.

The entire show has really evolved quite alot since it first started, the theme songs clearly reflect that. I can still remember some of the inconsistencies and accidental real world references in the first few seasons.
I hope Best Wishes is recieved well by fans.

The theme songs that were made after 4kids lost their rights were actually quite okay in my books, i was getting tired of all the Hoenn theme songs, they all started sounding the same after a while. It was nice to see a change in the Battle Frontier and Diamond/Pearl seasons. But the Sinnoh League Victors theme song is just a sin against mankind.

Jason_Henge September 18, 2010 07:16:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnathemA (Post 101602)
i was getting tired of all the Hoenn theme songs, they all started sounding the same after a while.

Hm... Pokemon Advanced, Pokemon Advanced Challenge, Pokemon Advanced Battle... I see no similarity.[/sarcasm] Lol

I have a weakness for Johto Journeys. It's that do do-do do-do do part that's fun. :3 The other Johto one was fun. It's sound different for being the same region, you know. Johto Journeys was all happy-pappy and Johto League Champions was all hardcore. Do you want to be a master of Pokemon!? ._. Yes please...

MultiWishMaker September 18, 2010 09:43:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magmaster12 (Post 101592)
A poll should be added to this.

Needless to say I love them all, but if I had to choose I'd say I wanna be hero.

It's a shame though the song is only 42 seconds and there's no extended version unlike the other ones.

I also thinking that once 4kids lost the rights all the intros sucked and sound like bad christian rock songs.

It seems like they all just gradually keep getting worse I mean Sinnoh League Victors barely had a rythme.

Hahahahahaha Bad christian rock Mag???!!!

But anyway Johto journeys and Advanced battle get to me and don't get me started on We will be heroes thats my fav for some reason :)

Yoshizard September 19, 2010 04:57:33 PM

I've gotta say, my favorite is still the original. Second is probably Advanced Battle.

Also, this is my 300th post!

Justjack91 September 25, 2010 05:28:58 PM

The original theme, along with the first remixed version of it for The First Movie.

Kirby-Chan September 25, 2010 07:28:30 PM

The original opening will always be my favorite. It brings back the memories...

I also like all the the Johto openings because they have great beats and it's catchy for me. Advanced Battle is also my favorite opening. Battle frontier wasn't that bad, but it's nothing special. After the first DP opening, it sounds the same,and become boring. At least they have a different approach on Diamond and Pearl even though the ending with the gang smiling clashes with the song. I am not fond with the DP openings and the Sinnoh League Victors is the worst of the DP openings. The song is suppose to be upbeat and it fails that since the beat is so slow.

RageOfInnocence September 26, 2010 07:50:39 AM

In this order:

-We Will Be Heroes (11 - favorite season also)
-Stand Up! (12 - much better with "High Touch" scenes)
-Battle Frontier (9 - love the opening but not the rap end)
-Johto Journeys (3 - close to the Japanese opening)
-Master Quest (5 - great memories)
-Johto League Champions (4 - great variation of the original)
-Sinnoh League Victors (13 - like all dub openings, would be letter if long enough to include all the original scenes in the right order)
-Advanced Challenge (7 - all of advanced rank about the same)
-Advanced (6 - 80s influence)
-Advanced Battle (8 - liked it until 4Kids painted over Mime Jr. and Weavile [not to mention everything else they painted over that year!])
-original (1 - memories, yes, but "Gotta Catch 'em All" gave Pokemon a bad reputation)
-We All Live in a Pokemon World (2 - named my site after it, but not the best theme)
-DP rap (don't know the name - 10 - no comment)

AnathemA September 26, 2010 08:01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfInnocence (Post 104223)
-DP rap (don't know the name - 10 - no comment)

Oh yeah.. i totally forgot about the monstrosity that is the DP rap.

The DP rap and the SLV opening just fail miserably..

Quadcentruo October 1, 2010 02:42:06 PM

I like the original the best, and NOT just because of memories. It's also because it was very catchy and sounded right. To me, the better the opening theme of series, the better the actually series is.

snivy January 13, 2011 06:25:34 PM

I love the original theme because of the part where it goes like "I want to be the very best." Its also really catchy.

Mezase Master January 19, 2011 11:46:18 PM

I like the first four the best, the first and third being particularly good.

MewtwoFreak21 January 30, 2011 09:08:22 AM

I love the original. It has always been my favorite since I was 4 in 2000.

DashArmy January 30, 2011 04:07:52 PM

The italilan version of Battle Frontier. Way better IMO then the english.

Italian Opening 9    

Favorite english is either Unbeatable or Born to be Winner.

Cyber_nuva January 30, 2011 08:27:08 PM

I like Battle Dimension and Galactic Battles' themes. Of course, I like the original theme to..

MewtwoFreak21 February 2, 2011 05:25:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber_nuva (Post 137497)
I like Battle Dimension and Galactic Battles' themes. Of course, I like the original theme to..

Those themes I hear a lot. I like them too,and I look up the themes on youtube all the time.

AnathemA February 2, 2011 07:45:16 PM

Best Wishes Japanese opening.

Fittingly named, Best Wishes. Rica Matsumoto has a freaking amazing voice. Shes like the Japanese Pat Benatar.

Atherrien February 4, 2011 05:22:58 PM

Pokemon Season 9 Italian Opening

"Battle Advanced" by Cristina D'Avena & Giorgio Vanni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AKT0BjySU0

The chorus gets stuck in my head like mad.

isbragg February 12, 2011 08:22:49 AM

<offtopic> 9 of the videos in the spoiler of the original posts have been taken down due to copyright claims.</offtopic>

My favorite theme has got to be the one for the English dub of Best Wishes, Black and White.

Kirby-Chan February 27, 2011 04:04:56 PM

English Dub Opening Best Wishes    

I like both of the dub and the japanese openings of the Best Wishes. The opening has the feeling that everything is new and it makes you feel exciting. One minor thing I don't like the dub opening is that the label Pokemon was place over the majority of the Pokemon so you can't see them. :/

Falco March 1, 2011 06:36:09 AM

I feel they have got worse as they have gone on, i only just caught up with the new series and i couldn't believe how bad this black and white opening scene is. It's terrible.

MultiWishMaker March 1, 2011 10:13:53 AM

I love Best Wishes and We will be Heroes and now even the Italian battle frontier one! :P

Kaorto March 3, 2011 11:54:13 AM

The first Pokemon theme, Orange Islands and Johto Journeys.

lucarioLOVER March 3, 2011 10:18:36 PM

i love the first but my favorite is galactic battles in greek(don't put it you won't understand)oh and johto journeys is good too.

Pflanze April 20, 2011 05:45:28 AM

The Japanese version of Battle Frontier, and Mezase! Pokémon master.
I also like Advance Adventure :]

McMasters May 14, 2011 04:45:34 AM

the original

WherewolfTherewolf May 14, 2011 07:33:38 AM

Original: so be it if it's nostalgia fueled but it's the only one I can listen to without groaning

Shri7 July 14, 2011 04:13:11 AM

Born to be a Winner is the best!

Leaftail July 15, 2011 12:32:37 AM

It's Spoilerific.    

Pokemon at its greatest (back when Ash was still funny and the writers gave a crap) <3

Manny1250 July 15, 2011 07:04:04 AM

The original

PHANTOMxTRAINER July 17, 2011 06:28:07 PM

Master Quest

Squirtle102 July 17, 2011 07:58:20 PM

Battle Frontier. Gotta love that. I can't watch some of them. Some Saporo stuff.

Platinummaster1 July 27, 2011 09:05:47 PM

my favorite has to be the black and white theme. I seem to like the newer intros better than the old ones.

Lucaria July 28, 2011 11:51:33 AM

Always had a great liking for Battle Frontier, and still do.