Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   DECEMBER BRAWL TOURNEY BRACKETS: MUST READ (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=6739)

Alakazamaster December 29, 2010 10:21:40 AM

DECEMBER BRAWL TOURNEY BRACKETS: MUST READ

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/448/bracketsk.png

Confused a little? I will explain. You basically just have to fight the person you are assigned to, and then fight the winner of the connecting bracket. For example, if Tune beat LiteTheIronMan, and Magmaster12 beat Zekrom123, then Magmaster12 and Tune would fight next.

As for that odd-looking separate bracket, the first round is a normal round. Then, the winning three must compete in a Round Robin. Basically, they all have to fight each other once, and whoever gets the most wins is the one who moves on. If two people tie for most wins, they do ONE more battle to determine the winner. If all three win once, then the whole Round Robin process restarts. Remember, in a Round Robin, the best two out of three rules is ignored. It is only one battle when you fight someone.

The three players who reach those golden circles then compete in a Round Robin to determine the tourney's victor. For an explanation of a Round Robin, look up.

He arrived late, but Shamjam96 is in this tourney. Sham, you are to fight Kyogre545.

Rule Recap:

Best 2 out of 3 (unless its a Round Robin, then its just best 1 out of 1)
3 Stock
8 Minutes
No Items
Any Character

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (the one with the changing seasons)
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

I would suggest going to the Chatbox to interact with your opponents, including getting FCs and after-battle banter. Be sure to post questions for me, if you have them.

Good luck!

Alakazamaster December 29, 2010 10:23:31 AM

THE TOURNEY STARTS AT 3 PM EST, SO DON'T FIGHT YOUR PERSON YET. AT THIS MOMENT IT IS 37 MINUTES UNTIL THE TOURNEY, SO WAIT UNTIL THEN.

Shadow December 29, 2010 10:28:12 AM

How long do I have to wait for someone to turn up against me?

Also, being in the Robin Round (that's if I make it this far) will be a bit time-consuming, so I probably have to stay up all night. Oh well... =P

Alakazamaster December 29, 2010 10:29:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 127296)

Also, being in the Robin Round (that's if I make it this far) will be a bit time-consuming, so I probably have to stay up all night. Oh well... =P

Good job bringing that up.

BATTLERS ARE ALLOWED TO BE 15 MINUTES LATE. AFTER THAT TIME, I WILL EITHER RE-ASSIGN BATTLES OR YOU GET A FREE MOVE UP.

EsojestMort December 29, 2010 10:44:08 AM

Actually, which Yoshi's Island stage is the allowed one?

Alakazamaster December 29, 2010 10:47:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsojestMort (Post 127301)
Actually, which Yoshi's Island stage is the allowed one?

The one that is new to Brawl, with the changing seasons.

umbreon7 December 29, 2010 10:50:35 AM

can rainbow cruise be taken out. i find it extremely annoying

Alakazamaster December 29, 2010 10:57:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umbreon7 (Post 127303)
can rainbow cruise be taken out. i find it extremely annoying

3 minutes before the tourney to change the rules? No, Rainbow Cruise is staying.

Zodishya December 29, 2010 10:59:47 AM

hey how come i dident get in and someone else was behind me too may be i can fight him?

Dark Angel Frank December 29, 2010 11:00:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 127296)

I'm able to brawl you now.

COrnRollz December 29, 2010 11:01:25 AM

Why arent i in this i asked to enter and my name was on the list too?

Alakazamaster December 29, 2010 11:02:24 AM

Those of you who are confused as to why you aren't in it, you missed the check-in thread which was kind of necessary for me to make the brackets.

Alakazamaster December 29, 2010 11:02:54 AM

Those of you who are confused as to why you aren't in it, you missed the check-in thread which was kind of necessary for me to make the brackets. Keep in mind, though, that in case people on this bracket list do not show up, you will be first in line to substitute them, so please hang tight around the site.

Shamjam96 December 29, 2010 11:12:28 AM

Kyogre545 isn't online yet. :(
Also I keep getting Database errors randomly on the site?
Also sorry about being late for checkups.I'm new and thought they were on the sign-up thread.
Anyway it's always nice being mentioned on the opening post :).

Kirby-Chan December 29, 2010 11:16:50 AM

SpitFire didn't show up and I waited for 15 mins. Someone will replace him to fight me.

Alakazamaster December 29, 2010 11:24:59 AM

Spitfire is replaced by Zodishya.

Shiningbolt is replaced by Cornrollz.

Shamjam96 December 29, 2010 11:27:39 AM

Who's replacing Kyogre545?

Dark Angel Frank December 29, 2010 11:33:50 AM

I don't think Shadow is online anymore... I've been waiting 33 minutes...

Scratch that NVM...

Alakazamaster December 29, 2010 11:35:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Angel Frank (Post 127321)
I don't think Shadow is online anymore... I've been waiting 33 minutes...

Shadow sent you a lot of PMs. Battle him now, I would suggest going to the Chatbox to talk with him.

Spitfire December 29, 2010 11:46:48 AM

I didn't know there was a time we needed to brawl at. I just thought it needed to be finished today. Oh well.

Alakazamaster December 29, 2010 11:54:17 AM

Cornrollz, go to the Chatbox and message Sunny. You are battling him.

Shamjam96 December 29, 2010 12:18:49 PM

Any wins/losses from the Shadow vs. Dark Angel Frank or the Sunny Vs. CornRollz battles?

ultrathing December 29, 2010 12:32:38 PM

Uhm okay I just over slept and didn't know the tourny started a few hours ago. Turns out the person I'm assigned to hasn't shown up or given me word either. (or at least I think)
So what now?

Alakazamaster December 29, 2010 12:33:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrathing (Post 127346)
Uhm okay I just over slept and didn't know the tourny started a few hours ago. Turns out the person I'm assigned to hasn't shown up or given me word either. (or at least I think)
So what now?

You missed pretty much everything. We skipped over you and had to modify the brackets.

Alakazamaster December 29, 2010 12:35:40 PM

Oh, and Shamjam, you are fighting Shadow and Sunny Round Robin style. You should hop on over to the Chatbox.