Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Your greatest stories of playing D/P/Pt (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=1777)

Quadcentruo January 25, 2010 05:54:09 PM

Your greatest stories of playing D/P/Pt

Besides catching legendarys (unless it was like with a pokeball when an HM slave was out)

One time when i was playing Diamond on the bus ride to school, i was in the cave where you get Riolu (can't remember the name... Iron Island? :oops: ).
I was just training my Poke's when we pulled into the bus loop and...
A shiny golbat appears!
Me and my friends were very surprised! I was being very careful not to faint it, and after much pressure, i was able to catch it in a ultra ball.

I still have that shiny Golbat today in my platinum Soul Silver, except now its a shiny crobat that is level 100 :D

I didn't even have any sort of advantages (like super shiny badges)No such thing as "advantages",
that 1 in 8,192 chance of finding a shiny, and i got super lucky!

If you want to talk about stories and Hg/Ss, go here.

Charizard98 January 25, 2010 06:25:08 PM

I once got a shiny geodude. :D... But, then I was stupid and I erased my game for no reason.:(:oops:(and kept erasing) Well, other then that Pearl was the first game I ever beated (that wasn't a spin-off). :D I never erased the game after that/when I beat the game. That's how I loved the Pokemon series.

P.S I even got my shiny geodude up to a shiny golem. :(

Serenade January 25, 2010 09:42:20 PM

I caught regigigas on my first try, the second time around in a luxury ball, the previous time, I tried 68 times, making it the 69th ball tossed that caught it....

Shadow January 26, 2010 08:15:05 AM

I encountered a legit shiny Dialga in my Diamond with literally no soft-resets.

Of course, I spent, if I remember correctly, about 13 Ultra Balls trying to catch it, then I was able to catch it when I randomly used a Great Ball.

I still have it.

Quadcentruo January 26, 2010 10:42:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 26958)
I encountered a legit shiny Dialga in my Diamond with literally no soft-resets.

Of course, I spent, if I remember correctly, about 13 Ultra Balls trying to catch it, then I was able to catch it when I randomly used a Great Ball.

I still have it.

The great ball reminds me of something I did, but it was in Fire red version

LiteTheIronMan January 26, 2010 03:40:08 PM

I grind through the Elite 4 so much, the Hall of Fame recorder has had to delete about 20 previous Hall of Fames. Incidentially, the most recent Hall of Fame is 42.

Magmaster12 January 26, 2010 04:45:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan (Post 26992)
I grind through the Elite 4 so much, the Hall of Fame recorder has had to delete about 20 previous Hall of Fames. Incidentially, the most recent Hall of Fame is 42.

Same for me.

Also because I wanted to battle all the trainer at the battle grounds I ended up constantly resetting my clock until I battled everyone.

Sableyed January 26, 2010 05:04:28 PM

I got a shiny zubat, yet to train it. My favorite moment in Diamond was probably fighting Giratina with Staraptor, because Giratina can do NOTHING against Staraptor. That and completing my pokedex, finally.

Serenade January 27, 2010 08:33:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan (Post 26992)

I beat it around 57 times on my crystal version back in the day, when all the re-battle-able trainers weren't as re-battle-able.
I usually re-beat the gym leaders now.

Sableyed January 28, 2010 07:46:19 PM

Can we include past games?

Cat333Pokémon January 28, 2010 08:42:24 PM

Appending to the last post, can we include HeartGold and SoulSilver? Because I think my Suicune capture might be my single best story.

Quadcentruo January 29, 2010 07:37:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 27229)
Appending to the last post, can we include HeartGold and SoulSilver? Because I think my Suicune capture might be my single best story.

Sure, why not?

RK-9 April 12, 2010 02:55:02 PM

I was training my pokemon, and suddenly, BOOM! A shiny Machop appeared! I caught it on my first try, and then noticed it had a Jolly nature! EAT MAH DUST.

Alakazamaster April 12, 2010 04:02:48 PM

Without damaging or statusing Raikou in HG, I threw a Heavy Ball at it and caught it, first try. ^_^

AuraKshatriya April 12, 2010 05:36:51 PM

Not sure.....if it were R/S/E I could say something similar to Lite, except I beat the E4 so many times when I had it that you weren`t able to access the first 60 or so records, it was a little over 200 times.

As for D/P/Pt, in Platinum, I ended up hatching a Riolu with even higher Attack then Special Attack from my Iron Island egg. I got pretty lucky with Giratina, too, and caught it in my second Ultra Ball/Dusk Ball (can`t quite remember which it was) without any status ailment on it.

Yoshizard April 12, 2010 07:17:31 PM

My greatest story isn't even really my story. My friend was going to catch Heatran in Stark Mountain. When he got there, he realized he didn't have any Pokeballs, so he went back out to get some. On the way out, he ran into a Shiny Geodude. He couldn't catch it, because he was on his way to get Pokeballs. It kinda sucked, considering it was the first shiny he ever encountered, and the only one since.

EricThePelipper April 13, 2010 06:49:34 AM

I thought this thread was for DPPT look at the title.

Diamond Version, I started a new game once I got Poke Balls a Shiny Starly appeared, caught then when I finished Eterna Forest and walked in the grass, Shiny Bidoof and caught it.

Quadcentruo April 13, 2010 10:46:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricThePelipper (Post 40901)
I thought this thread was for DPPT

It is.

But I suppose Hg/Ss is allowed because I made this thread before I knew about those two games... I think....

TheRagingTyranitar April 23, 2010 05:49:57 AM

Once I was playing Shiny Gold X.I was training my Wooper in the Dark Cave.Since it was getting boring defeating the Pokémon,I turned in Auto Fire(Auto Fire allows you to keep clicking certain button without eve touching the button).Then suddenly a shiny Nosspass pop out!(In Dark Cave getting a Nosspass is pain).But guess what?
Before I could turn off the Auto Fire,Wooper used Water Gun and knocked it out :(

GuildmasterWigglytuff April 23, 2010 06:34:59 PM

When I was playing Platinum, I came across a shiny giratina with no cheats.

Quadcentruo April 23, 2010 06:36:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuildmasterWigglytuff (Post 43461)
When I was playing Platinum, I came across a shiny giratina with no cheats.

Did you soft reset a thousand times?

GuildmasterWigglytuff April 23, 2010 06:38:34 PM

What is soft resetting?

mariothecellist April 23, 2010 06:41:23 PM

In Diamond, I have beat the E4 many times (records have been dropped off the Hall of Fame), I completed the Pokedex (something that I had never done before), and legitly obtained one of every Pokemon! No shinies...

HOWEVER!!!

In Platinum, I was training my Ralts and a shiny Budew popped up. I caught it, but I haven't trained it yet. I don't know what I want to do with it though.

Quadcentruo April 23, 2010 06:44:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariothecellist (Post 43472)
I don't know what I want to do with it though.

Give it to me? *Tilts head*

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuildmasterWigglytuff (Post 43468)
What is soft resetting?

*Face Palm*
Never mind....

mariothecellist April 23, 2010 06:46:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 43474)
Give it to me? *Tilts head*

No. It is my first shiny! Minus red gyarados.

Blue Umbreon April 24, 2010 12:04:20 AM

I found a shiny voltorb once, and then after 3 years of gaming ive managed to catch 3 shiny eevees. But the first shiny ever, was in gold version. Me adn ym friend were playing, and I was surfing to kanto, and then a shiny tentacool showed up!! i was so happy..then i checked my bag :D ..and there was no pokeballs o.o...i was one devastated little 5 year old lol

Randomaximus April 30, 2010 08:53:00 PM

For a few days, I decided to go on a honey tree spree in an attempt to catch a wild Munchlax in Platinum. After 4 days of trying, I pretty much gave up while on my latest runthrough.

I was about to reach the tree on Route 214 when I ran into a wild Pokémon. Frustrated with my recent failure, I said " Oh, you'd better be something freakin' shiny!"

I now have a brown Rhyhorn to call my own.

BlackRayquaza May 2, 2010 12:38:10 PM

Here's my most exciting one. I was on my way to catch Shaymin... I was bored so I Pokeradar'd some. On my second Pokeradar, I got a shiny Bellsprout! It's not a Victribell.
:D

mariothecellist May 2, 2010 12:57:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 26886)
I didn't even have any sort of advantages (like super shiny badges),
that 1 in 8,192 chance of finding a shiny, and i got super lucky!

That can help you get shinies?

Quadcentruo May 3, 2010 03:16:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariothecellist (Post 45787)
That can help you get shinies?

According to my friend, yes.

Although, I'm not entirely sure.
He said super shiny badges have the same shine (notice the 4 sparkles on badges) as shiny Pokemon do so that's probably why he said it.

LiteTheIronMan May 6, 2010 09:36:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 46047)
According to my friend, yes.

Although, I'm not entirely sure.
He said super shiny badges have the same shine (notice the 4 sparkles on badges) as shiny Pokemon do so that's probably why he said it.

False rumor. Slicking up your badges does NOT improve the encounter rate of shiny Pokemon.

Fly Guy 2 May 9, 2010 11:39:28 AM

I have quite a few Legendary PKMN capture stories.

JAPANESE PLATINUM:
*I caught Uxie on the 3rd Dusk Ball after whittling it down
*I caught Dialga with 5 Ultra Balls
*I caught Palkia with 4 Ultra Balls
*I had my level 10 Shinx hit the Lv1 Regigigas with 1 Tackle and caught it on the first Dusk Ball.
*I caught Shymin on the 9th Ultra Ball

OTHER STUFF:
*In Diamond, I caught Dialga in a Poke Ball
*After me having to use my Master Ball on Giratina-O all 3 times I played through Platinum, my dad tried in his Platinum, threw some Dusk Balls (which didn't work,) threw a joke Premier Ball, and caught it.
*My dad caught Dialga in a Poke Ball and Palkia in a Net Ball

emperorempoleon2 May 9, 2010 12:31:57 PM

I found that to make a Milotic, all you need is (in this order)

Pamtre - 4
Micle - 1
Chesto - 1
Micle - 1

Those are rare berries, but they still combine to form the ability for a Feebas to evolve.

LoPun May 10, 2010 02:29:14 PM

Aaaah yes.
My most memorable. My weavile, Sharow, who was at level 100 when I was versing Flint, felt all cocky and sent him out to verse a Magmortar. I easily used Surf, and KO'd it. Then I used it on the rest of his remaining pokemon. I love my weavile.X3

TurtwigX May 11, 2010 04:19:59 AM

Well, I'm no epic man, so I never saw a Shiny. But in Diamond, I was a total n00b since it ws m first Pokémon game. And I didn't know Dialga was special in any way. I thught he was with Cyrus. So I One-Shot killed it with Infernape using Focus Blast. And I didn't save before. Lesson Learned: If it looks important, IT IS!
And I also, in Platinum, went to the PokéMart and tried to buy some Super Repels(Max is for wimps) and hen I wetn up there, I had Max Money. I thought someone hacked and I instantly turned off. Turns out, I had fought that rich couple on Route 212 too many times. I love Platinum.

Oh Yeah! And Platinum is where I found many coo tricks and glitches. Like the RebattleGym Glitch and the Easy BP in Battle Hall trick. So mny memories. But I guess we've moved into another fronteir now, and this one has a fully 3d City.
Pokémon Black and White(Possibly Gray ^^) Versions.

Quadcentruo May 11, 2010 11:32:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emperorempoleon2 (Post 47687)
I found that to make a Milotic, all you need is (in this order)

Pamtre - 4
Micle - 1
Chesto - 1
Micle - 1

Those are rare berries, but they still combine to form the ability for a Feebas to evolve.

While this is helpful, this is in the wrong section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoPun (Post 48144)
Aaaah yes.
My most memorable. My weavile, Sharow, who was at level 100 when I was versing Flint, felt all cocky and sent him out to verse a Magmortar. I easily used Surf, and KO'd it. Then I used it on the rest of his remaining pokemon. I love my weavile.X3

2 things.
1, Why does Weavile know surf and
2, Of course you KO'd it, you were level 100!

LoPun May 11, 2010 01:37:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 48469)
While this is helpful, this is in the wrong section.

2 things.
1, Why does Weavile know surf and
2, Of course you KO'd it, you were level 100!

But it felt so epic cuz' I have never done that before and it was totally unexpecting! XD People say weaviles are pretty darn weak to fighting that you can't even use water moves against hardcore pokemon like freaking magmortar and KO it.
Weavile can learn surf.:3 Go to serebii and go to the Hms section for weavile. It can learn surf for sure. Oh and that is just because of me being too lazy to get water type to do all the work.DX Or an HM slave.

Sunny May 11, 2010 01:45:18 PM

Olol yea I trold qaud early weaviles can use surf.

But hes into competitive play (as am I =p). Surf is a special attack which ain't that good on a weavile. Weavile TRULY kicks butt with physical attacks like night slash and ice punch~! ;3

LoPun May 11, 2010 01:47:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny (Post 48581)
Olol yea I trold qaud early weaviles can use surf.

But hes into competitive play (as am I =p). Surf is a special attack which ain't that good on a weavile. Weavile TRULY kicks butt with physical attacks like night slash and ice punch~! ;3

True. True.x3 I like night slash better than dark pulse, cuz' it has a critical hit + the razor claw + STAB. X3 Surf was there for kicking butt against fire types.

Quadcentruo May 12, 2010 11:19:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny (Post 48581)
Olol yea I trold qaud early weaviles can use surf

Rub it in much? Also, you misspelled the first 4 letters of my name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoPun (Post 48584)
True. True.x3 I like night slash better than dark pulse, cuz' it has a critical hit + the razor claw + STAB. X3 Surf was there for kicking butt against fire types.

You should realize night slash also has boosted critical hit ratio.(Wow, I completely read the above sentence wrong!) Also, if you check smogon for Weavile's stats, you will see this:

Attack: Min-(lowest it can be) 248
Sp. Attack: Max+(highest it can be) 207

As you can see, Weavile has terrible Special attack. And these stats are for level 100. So you made a bad choice with a special attacking Weavile.

Sunny May 12, 2010 12:15:48 PM

Sheesh I ain't rubbin it in. Don't take everything to offense. =w= Also she doesn't really do competitive play so let her put whatever moveset she wants on weavile.

Quadcentruo May 12, 2010 12:20:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny (Post 49049)
Sheesh I ain't rubbin it in. Don't take everything to offense. =w= Also she doesn't really do competitive play so let her put whatever moveset she wants on weavile.

Ok then.
And you have a good point...

LoPun, join competitive battling.

Sunny May 12, 2010 12:23:49 PM

Awww sorry though. That was rude of me. .-. I'll watch my mouth lil a more. :<

Buizel456 May 12, 2010 01:43:05 PM

I spent an hour looking for where to continue on in the Distortion World. Then I found the awesome waterfall. Done

Luxray13579 May 12, 2010 02:57:09 PM

I beat the Distortion world my second time in about 13 minutes. I was so fast.

UltimaRaichu May 12, 2010 04:00:51 PM

I gotten a shiny pidgey in Diamond(thats what happens when you train repeatedly in the same spot ;))

To bad my data got corrupted.

Quadcentruo May 12, 2010 04:20:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimaRaichu (Post 49200)
To bad my data got corrupted.

That's what happens when you turn off the game while saving.

UltimaRaichu May 12, 2010 04:29:13 PM

Quote:

That's what happens when you turn off the game while saving.
1. I known that
2. It corrupted even though i didnt turn off while saving*sigh*:(

Shiny May 12, 2010 05:13:28 PM

I once caught a Giratina on my first try with a Dusk Ball. No status ailments and no health lost. I tried it once again on Dialga and Palkia in Platinum and it worked. I have been using Dusk Balls ever since then xD.

Nightshade Darkrai May 15, 2010 05:55:22 PM

After Cresselia left Fullmoon Island I tracked her down several times, inflicting her with Poison and using False Swipe to reduce her HP to one. when I was certain that she was as weak as I could make her, I sought her out and threw the first of what I expected to be a long series of wasted Ultra Balls. To my utter disbelief, she was captured on the very first try.

Madhound26 May 15, 2010 10:23:24 PM

Mine Was whwn i found about ev training, And wen i got a Electvire from PBR AND MAGMORTAR.

LoPun May 17, 2010 03:25:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 49055)
Ok then.
And you have a good point...

LoPun, join competitive battling.

I am now.XD That was my first time playing pokemon again starting with pokemon diamond..>w>
I'm still a n00b though, cuz' I'd forget stuff and I don't play pokemon all the time.

Turtwig May 21, 2010 02:42:36 PM

I was walking around in the great marsh, and after a few minutes of walking through the thick mud I found a shiny Bibarel, unknowingly giving it food encouraged the Bibarel to run away...after that I have never found a shiny since.

Quadcentruo May 24, 2010 01:22:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtwig (Post 53472)
after that I have never found a shiny since.

Don't worry, many people haven't even found a single shiny... excluding Red Gyrados if they played G/S/C or Hg/Ss.

I'm still looking for another shiny....

Madhound26 May 26, 2010 12:35:30 PM

Beating the game, Or Getting A swampert off my friend, I love em.

Darkpie June 3, 2010 09:52:28 PM

I encountered a shiny golbat AND a shiny gabite, unfortunately I ran out of pokeballs for the gabite.
The golbat is mine

Madhound26 June 5, 2010 05:23:14 AM

I was training around stark mountain until I found a shiny fearow, it was a awesome sight.

Luxray13579 June 5, 2010 05:30:07 AM

I am one of those people who has never found a wild shiny. Yoshizard gave my a shiny Shinx though. Another great moment, I caught Heatran in a timer ball first turn.

TheRagingTyranitar June 5, 2010 09:22:26 AM

I caught a shiny Shinx a few day ago.

Nightshade Darkrai June 10, 2010 09:54:13 AM

I actually recall randomly finding a shiny Budew in Eterna forest, but I left it alone.

...what? I don't need shinies.

OriginForme February 4, 2011 06:02:47 PM

I once encountered a shiny Magnemite at Fuego Ironworks, but at the time, I HAD NO POKEBALLS :-x :cry:
I swear, I threw my DS lite on the floor.
Since then, I caught a regular Magnemite, which is now my Magnezone.

coteup February 27, 2011 03:22:30 PM

i once caught hetrean in a pokeball . and i caught a shiny diglett in pokemon fire red.

Cyrus February 28, 2011 08:05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coteup (Post 143559)
and i caught a shiny diglett in pokemon fire red.

Firered =/= Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Anyways, one of my favorite memories from my pokemon pearl, I beat Volkner with pokemon in the mid 30 levels. I was way underleveled but somehow won. o_o Needless to say though, I had to train a lot before challenging the elite four.

pietro March 1, 2011 01:18:35 PM

i have founded a shiny golduck and i was going to show to my friends and with the low battery i thin you know the rest of the history...

coteup March 6, 2011 10:32:21 AM

oh ya, and a glitch happened in my soulsilver when i went into the wild....

A wild celebi appeared!

* sparckle sparckle sparckle *

Go! GYARADOS!

The Tropius of Tropiuses March 6, 2011 12:14:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coteup (Post 145201)

A wild celebi appeared!

Go! GYARADOS!

2 things, man.
1: This is the D/P/Pt board.
2: No one, and I mean NO ONE will belive that.

Anyawys, what's the greatest thing I've done?
Hm... Nothing special, but on my Platinum I used my first kinda weird team. I never do anything special...:cry:
loljk

coteup March 6, 2011 12:26:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 27229)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 27250)
Sure, why not?

The Tropius of Tropiuses March 6, 2011 01:57:48 PM

Allright, fine. But still, no one is gonna believe that.
Also, I forgot to mention in my last post that I caught Dialga in a pokeball. My first legendary caught in a pokeball, too!

coteup April 15, 2011 04:50:44 PM

I FORGOT MY BEST MEMORY! I caught a pokerus quagsire in the great marsh. Good thing it didn't run away.

Velociraptor78 April 16, 2011 11:10:09 PM

On my first Diamond cart, I caught Heatran in a Poké Ball, Giratina in a Great Ball, and Dialga in a Heal Ball.
But then it got stolen (along with my red DS Lite I had bought a month prior) from this ******* named... Oh, this isn't the board for that.

Anyways, on my second Diamond cart, I caught Giratina in four turns.

Intro: Giratina appears, send out Magmortar.
  1. Magmortar uses Flamethrower, Giratina uses Slash
  2. Magmortar uses Psychic, Giratina uses Heal Block
  3. Throw an Ultra Ball, shakes twice, Giratina uses Slash
  4. Throw an Ultra Ball, caught

McMasters May 13, 2011 03:35:42 PM

swept e4 with shiny magikarp, meh same ol' same ol'

kakashidragon June 2, 2011 11:50:35 PM

I remeber back when diamond first came out i caught a shiny medicham, it was a serious nature and had bad-good stats and i eved it at some point. But i traded it away for a different shiny and I cant remeber what shiny it was but i wish i had it back sort of miss it i guess.

PokémonGuy June 22, 2011 12:49:33 PM

I got a shiny Chatot on platinum but not just once, I caught 3 shiny Chatots I traded two of them for legendaries and the other I kept for myself

Ultimazone June 22, 2011 01:09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coteup (Post 153239)
I FORGOT MY BEST MEMORY! I caught a pokerus quagsire in the great marsh. Good thing it didn't run away.

That's almost hard to believe with your seemingly compulsive lying, no offense.

Well, I had started a new game on Platinum, and I get all the way to my first 5 Pokeballs, I take a step into the grass, and encounter a shiny Bidoof, which I gladly used as an HM slave afterwards.

coteup June 23, 2011 11:28:27 AM

im not lying.

I jsut thought, meh, i don't have a quagsire yet, and caught it.
I healed at a pokemon center an next thing ya know, BOOM, pkrs pokemon XD

Ultimazone June 24, 2011 02:18:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coteup (Post 164779)
im not lying.

I jsut thought, meh, i don't have a quagsire yet, and caught it.
I healed at a pokemon center an next thing ya know, BOOM, pkrs pokemon XD

Wait, did you do some battling or something after you caught it? You can't regularly damage pokemon in the Great Marsh.

coteup June 25, 2011 02:00:39 PM

NO, i just.. healed. I have no actual idea why.

7dewott8 June 28, 2011 03:17:35 PM

Once, I beat the battle factory on Platium

AuraKshatriya July 2, 2011 07:52:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coteup (Post 145201)

A wild celebi appeared!

Go! GYARADOS!

For the record, that`s impossible. Celebi isn`t coded to be available in the wild at all-and the chances of the game glitching and making a Legendary appear, and a SHINY one at that are exceedingly low. Not to mention how good GameFreak is at making sure the main series games have no major glitches (like that one).

Modest Mouse July 2, 2011 07:09:22 PM

Catching a shiny Dialga after just 18 software resets :D

Lucaria July 20, 2011 09:25:13 PM

I once encountered shiny Zapdos, the one near the Power Plant of course, and it was at extremely low HP. I kept throwing Ultra Balls, Great Balls, even Pokéballs, but I never caught it. T_T

7dewott8 July 21, 2011 09:04:33 AM

I caught a shiny heatran. Although I didn't care it was shiny (like i always do because I only trade shinys) I caught it anyways.

Squirtle102 July 25, 2011 05:41:38 PM

I caught Palkia and Dialga in Platinum with only 4 Dusk Balls (2 each) it was totally awesome.

SuperEspeon25 July 30, 2011 05:43:39 PM

Mine is in my Pokemon Black. About a week ago I caught Volcrona in a single Pokeball! Woot!8-)8-)8-)8-)

Reuniclus August 8, 2011 06:21:09 AM

The first time I used the pokeradar in Pearl, I found a shiny Ralts on my first encounter in the grass by Jubilife city (no chain involved). Its now a shiny Gallade!

Shark August 10, 2011 07:45:29 PM

I found my first shiny Pokemon ever. It was a Wingull, unfortunately. I was still excited to finally encounter a shiny, though!

Shiny August 10, 2011 11:45:48 PM

I wouldn't say it's as great as the stories posted here, but I enjoyed getting lost or sidetracked in Turnback Cave and the Dream World. Even if it took me a while to reach my destination. :p

7dewott8 August 11, 2011 07:34:02 AM

I was just raining my pokemmon, minding my own buisnuss, when suddenly a shiny chatot showed up. I couldn't catcht it, but a few months later, I caught a sjhiny azumaril. I always think the chatot asked a shiny azumaril

EDIT: I don't do hacks

Kaveman August 13, 2011 04:46:08 PM

Hmm... In HG I caught Mewtwo with a fast ball, no damage, and no status infliction.

CheatMasterK September 19, 2011 03:02:53 PM

While playing the JP version of Platinum (Before it was out in the US, 'cause I like seeing if I can do it. lol), I ran into a Shiny Shinx on the route right after Sandgem Town.

After buying the English version, I was playing through and found a Shiny Shinx. In the SAME patch of grass. I felt amazing afterwards.

...Then my data got corrupted. :cry:

I DID manage to get it up to a Lv. 70-something Luxray, though, so there's that. :D

Cat333Pokémon February 28, 2014 10:45:09 PM

I think I'll bump this thread up to let a new wave of folks share their stories. ;)