Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Have you ever.... (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=1654)

DashArmy January 13, 2010 03:48:33 PM

Have you ever....

Smuggled a DS to school, when you weren't? I did. I do that all the time.

And my friend brought pearl, so we went in the bathroom and traded Pokemon. :D Although, trading pokemon in the bathroom doesn't sound...appropriate. Ha.

I mean, it's a MIRACLE he likes Pokemon.

Slix January 25, 2010 05:33:33 PM

I've brought my DS to school. I actually did that last week! We had basically a free day, so I trained up my team a little.

Magmaster12 January 25, 2010 06:19:48 PM

I did in the eighth grade but I lot of people made fun of me so I stopped but I did bring in my DS and started playing it on the last day of school last year.

LiteTheIronMan January 26, 2010 04:03:08 PM

I always bring my DS to school. One guy caught me Battle Arcading in Science. Instead of making fun of me for playing Pokemon, he said, "Are those guys EV trained?" I replied, "Nope." He said, "Haha, noob." Then we had a conversation about our teams. I told him about my non-EV'd and EV'd teams, and he told me about the team he uses online. It was cool.

Serenade January 27, 2010 08:18:50 PM

Lol, never. I take school too seriously to do it, but other events...
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan (Post 27000)
I always bring my DS to school. One guy caught me Battle Arcading in Science. Instead of making fun of me for playing Pokemon, he said, "Are those guys EV trained?" I replied, "Nope." He said, "Haha, noob." Then we had a conversation about our teams. I told him about my non-EV'd and EV'd teams, and he told me about the team he uses online. It was cool.

That is truly awesome.

FreezeWarp January 30, 2010 03:25:14 PM

I never have, though I've seen many other people (not playing Pokémon) bring their DS to school, especially for use on the bus. This was especially prominent two years ago.

Kin Gikaru January 30, 2010 04:05:18 PM

I suppose I'm lucky, then. I bring it whenever my sister let's me, and there's actually a room where most gamers (in general) go, and fortunately several of them play Pokemon, too. They do a lot of battles with each other, really. :3

Luxray13579 January 30, 2010 04:05:51 PM

Always, always during lunch I play Diamond or Platinum or Scribblenauts or others.

Charizard98 January 30, 2010 06:11:18 PM

I don't play that much pokemon at school. But, I did it (one,two) two times. I brought Kirby Super Star Ultra to school though. :D

Yoshi648 January 30, 2010 07:03:53 PM

During high school we always brought GameBoys/DSs to school. Cat, GreenMan, I and some others would play games with them during lunch. In fact around the time Diamond/Pearl came out during lunch you would see practically every other table had a DS with someone playing Pokémon. I remember one day Cat, GreenMan and I all brought our original GameBoy bricks with Tetris and link-cables. We had people that would walk by and be like "OMG The old GameBoy, I used to have one of those!" Sadly during our last year we could no longer use that stuff during lunch, but we still had a "portable gamers club" where people would meet after school before the buses left and play. We even held a few tournaments (I remember we had one for Mario Kart DS where I made it to the semi-finals and Cat murdered everyone during the one for Tetris DS).

Garchomp January 31, 2010 09:21:03 AM

Through the years i have took my ds and pokemon games to school and played during lunch. Im not able to take it to high school now where it might be stolen and also i have collage to think about also. =)

Manny1250 January 31, 2010 10:44:04 AM

I don't bring my DSi to school
theres a lot of theft in school

Serenade January 31, 2010 09:54:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny1250 (Post 27786)
I don't brought my DSi to school
theres a lot of theft in school

Please read that out loud. I don't brought? Wtf?

:headbang:

Sunny January 31, 2010 10:23:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshi648 (Post 27652)
During high school we always brought GameBoys/DSs to school. Cat, GreenMan, I and some others would play games with them during lunch. In fact around the time Diamond/Pearl came out during lunch you would see practically every other table had a DS with someone playing Pokémon. I remember one day Cat, GreenMan and I all brought our original GameBoy bricks with Tetris and link-cables. We had people that would walk by and be like "OMG The old GameBoy, I used to have one of those!" Sadly during our last year we could no longer use that stuff during lunch, but we still had a "portable gamers club" where people would meet after school before the buses left and play. We even held a few tournaments (I remember we had one for Mario Kart DS where I made it to the semi-finals and Cat murdered everyone during the one for Tetris DS).

I envy you're schools yoshi. .-.

LiteTheIronMan February 1, 2010 07:58:25 AM

See, the thing about Cat/Yoshi/KingofKYA/GreenMan's old school, A-Tech, is that it was full of... well, for lack of a better word, "nerds." I suppose a better word would be otaku...but we're not Japanese. So, to put it bluntly, I expect that a lot of days would follow suit according to Yoshi's story.

...Or...Yoshi's Story.

Magmaster12 February 1, 2010 11:03:16 AM

I go to a Tech shcool but the adminstration there sucks, they now give you three days of suspension if they catch with a hoodie, cap, or cell phone. They are also thinking about giving us uniforms.

But then again our most unpopular shop is electronics.

Usually most of the people in my class played pokemon (mainly the TCG) except for one kid who has never heard of it.

Manny1250 February 1, 2010 11:39:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenade (Post 27911)
Please read that out loud. I don't brought? Wtf?

:headbang:

already fix it

James February 1, 2010 12:24:13 PM

I use to bring my DS to school. Now I don't for two reasons.

1. My teacher is a not nice word.
2. Girls don't dig guys who play pokemon in my school.

=P

piexing February 2, 2010 03:42:36 PM

Any girl I'd "dig" would "dig" "guys" who "play" "pokemon" in "my" school. I don't think I'll ever have any children. Among other things. :wink:
I haven't brought my DS to school much, but I play my GP2X Wiz on the bus. There's no other time I can play it, though. :|

DashArmy February 14, 2010 05:41:42 PM

Most of my teachers and stuff hate anything electronics, and it's been this way for quite some time. Some don't care. But yet during parties they have two Wiis and a ps2 set up. Though during that party I brought it with me, and I also saw another kid playing Guitar Hero DS on his lite, which was sorta cool.

The only good memory is always bringing it on the last day of school. They told us not to but we did anyways. Some guy had fun slicing Cucoos in Phantom Hourglass in 6th, only to find out he made a horrible mistake; they strike back. :razz:

I wish there was some sort of after-school club that targeted gamers and other types of Hobbiests. I wish I could be the boss of that, but many think video games rot your brain, when it doesn't. It makes you smarter. Sort of.

I've been smuggling electronics since I was seven, which makes seven years, now that I'm fourteen. I would be proud to admit my Pokemon gaming habits. to anyone.

Fubab_107 March 13, 2010 04:53:49 PM

I only Brought my DS to school on days I know were not doing normal classes. Or in other words, Days before holidays or Vacations.

reiyokou April 4, 2010 08:21:17 PM

our librarian doesn't care if we play in the library i walk in and there's always 5-7people playing pokemon/ds and i know a few guys that play on the bus =P

Ningamer April 5, 2010 04:53:49 AM

Yeah, I bring my DSi to school. Though I rarely play it during school time. It''s mostly for after school when I have to wait upwards of half an hour for my ride home. I also bring my Pokéwalker in to school every day, but put the main bit inside my pocket and the clip outside, for bulling/theft reasons.

Sphinx April 5, 2010 07:13:17 AM

I rarely bring my DS to school. I have before, but only because it was a free day. Me and three others (two help me run a site, and one's a close friend) did a 2-on-2 battle. SO fun :D

Flare Soru April 5, 2010 08:42:54 AM

Yes, but I never have anyone to play with...
least it's better than sitting around for 2 hours in-between 2 of my classes

My University/high school are not big on that stuff...It's all about CoD, Halo, and other shoot em' up X-box games.

mariothecellist April 5, 2010 09:06:14 AM

I'm not someone who brings my DS to school. I don't bring my Zune either. I'm afraid I'm going to lose it or someone is going to steal it. It took me a few days to convince myself to bring my Pokewalker to school too. Some people in my AP Music Theory Class also got HGSS and have the Pokewalkers. Now that Yellow Forest is out, I might have to bring my Pokewalker to school.

Bread April 6, 2010 04:32:44 PM

I would always bring my DS to school when I was in high school. Mostly just to play Advance Wars and Mario Kart with my friends. =) I would bring Pokemon with me sometimes...I was the only person in our group who played Pokemon. T-T

JaaykiiD2o1 April 6, 2010 05:06:14 PM

LMAOO ive taken my PSP and my DS [ the first 1 ] to school. I remember me and my friend trading pokemons together. He had Saphire and i had Ruby. :) fun times. ;)

RK-9 April 9, 2010 01:22:45 PM

I've seen someone bring his gameboy in to play pokemon FireRed, and his DS for platinum, with my giratina that I traded him. My friend brang a pokewalker, aswell. But me, I never played DS/gameboy during class. And I told my friend that the pokewalker thing was GENIOUS. [edit] I noticed this was for d/p/p, sorry.

Yoshizard April 11, 2010 04:46:50 PM

I brought my DS to school in the 7th grade quite a bit. Me and a few friends used to play Animal Crossing Wild World. I also played New Super Mario Bros. in science class. :p

EricThePelipper April 12, 2010 09:29:55 AM

6th grade I pretended to sleep in class I turned it on in my hoodie and play Pokemon Diamond ;) all the best.

BlackRayquaza April 15, 2010 01:37:28 PM

O' course! I never play it because guess what...? FRICKING TEACHERS WOULD TAKE IT AWAY. My friend got caught playing with his Pokewalker.. XDDD He got it back but he never could let ANY teacher see it again. So... I can't play. But I do on the bus! I like to murder people on MarioKartDS. They get pissed off and start f-bombs at me. I love when that happens...XD

kakashidragon April 18, 2010 12:41:16 PM

when i was in school i always brought my game to school, (Back then all we had at the time was gba pokemon games to play cause the ds wasnt even around yet for pokemon, if it was pokemon wasnt on ds) but i mostly played it on the bus and somtimes during lunch.

OMGITSJAD April 20, 2010 09:08:56 AM

Nope.
I'd rather not let it get stolen, or knowing my luck, have someone kick my backpack or something and harm it. =|
Plus the whole "NEEEEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!" thing would be expanded even more than it already is. =\

Quadcentruo April 21, 2010 01:43:43 PM

I used to bring my DS to school and play it on the bus,
but now I don't because I said
Quote:

I can't get much done within 5 minutes on a bus.

TheRagingTyranitar April 23, 2010 05:26:27 AM

I once bought my DS in 8th grade(I'm in 9th grade right now).But I only played it in my bus.Never took it out in school.

Aries May 18, 2010 04:00:55 PM

I do it all the time. I battled someone and lost. LOL!!

Quadcentruo May 18, 2010 05:59:56 PM

I say there should be free time in schools. A period where we can do whatever we feel like.

KrayzeeGuy May 20, 2010 11:53:08 AM

I bring my DS daily to school, especially moreso now that it is the end of the year!
Huzzah!

LoPun May 20, 2010 02:48:19 PM

I have never done that before, but that's a great idea! When I get a DS I could actually do that.XD Never heard of that idea. Its sounds epic. But I'm afraid of getting my DS taken away.

TurtwigX May 20, 2010 03:13:33 PM

Well, yeah, I did. In fact, I did it today!
Just getting more BP cause school is boring, the usual.
Then my friend brought in his Platinum, and he was about t catch Giratina. I helped him through it, being the Master Catcher I am!

Madhound26 May 26, 2010 12:29:43 PM

i WOuld Nver, In my School They Steal Your ds If its anyehere near you.

Frossvee June 5, 2010 05:42:37 PM

At our school they take away your DS if you're cought with it during school, plus if they don't, the freak (I don't know WHO, I just know someone is) that keeps stealing stuff out of my backpack would, so I've never taken my DS to school.

Jason_Henge June 5, 2010 09:49:45 PM

I'm in college. A DS isn't the worse thing they're worried about. I play mine in class before it starts and between classes.

Buizel456 June 5, 2010 11:59:53 PM

When I was in elementary, I'd put my GBA in my desk and put in my Gold Cartridge, when the teacher looked at me suspiciously, I asked to go the the washroom :razz:

Velociraptor78 June 6, 2010 02:00:07 PM

I do it all the time now. I'm also allowed to have all the food and drink I want, come in whatever clothes I want (or no clothes at all), and do as much or as little as I want.
HOW!?

Neo Aurora June 10, 2010 06:59:47 AM

I can still remember taking the original Game Boy to school to play Red and Blue...that thing was huge!

GrassPokemonFTW July 2, 2010 08:44:44 AM

My friend once played PMDEoT and Diamond (I think...?) during Science Class. Our teacher was so oblivious that she didn't even notice he was playing it...even when the volume was partly on.

As for me, I never brought my DS to school, for theft safety. Also, at that time, I didn't really have any game worth playing, along with the fact that I didn't want to get in trouble. Besides, my mummy says I'm a good boy! ^-^

Quadcentruo July 20, 2010 02:49:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrassPokemonFTW (Post 71304)
Besides, my mummy says I'm a good boy! ^-^

Because, you know, your world would come crumbling down if your mom didn't think positively of you... oh wait.

Idno58 July 20, 2010 02:56:13 PM

I do that all the time.

.name//Technomancer July 20, 2010 08:49:40 PM

DS?

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFF

When I was younger, my sister and I would smuggle our Gameboys into school. >:l We were the only kids who could afford Game Boys, the connection cable, and the games, so we were popular.

Game boys turned into GBAs, and the DS came out right before I graduated. Well, I didn't graduate, but uh... >.>;

Yeah, I used to sneak my Pokemon into school all the time. It was a mainstay of my gear. o_o;

The Tropius of Tropiuses July 21, 2010 05:54:26 PM

Once I brought my Game Boy to school. But, I only played on the bus. Once I fell asleep while surfing on my Emerald, and everyone stared at me. Then, after like 10 mins. my brother woke me up. At this new private school i'm going to, they have Wii club ,and how to make video games class! ;)

Cam Chomp July 29, 2010 03:51:43 AM

I don't take my DS to school

LucarioMario August 19, 2010 05:50:34 PM

You guys are so lucky... >.>

There is a Wii after-school activity, but ironically(Sp?) the Xbox 360 is popular in my school. Despite it being the lousiest of all the major game consoles with only the dumb, pointless CoD games keeping it in the market. >.>

They really need to add some DS club or something, though. At least that's decent in my school. ;)

Quadcentruo August 19, 2010 07:39:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucarioMario (Post 88584)
the Xbox 360 is popular in my school. Despite it being the lousiest of all the major game consoles with only the dumb, pointless CoD games keeping it in the market. >.>

Well, on the defense of the 360, there are some cool Arcade games along with multi-platform games such as Assassins creed and Left 4 dead.

But now that you mention it, 360 is lacking in the games department.
Nintendo has a perfect opportunity to blow Microsoft out of the water.

Serenade August 19, 2010 09:42:19 PM

I'm probably going to start a pokemon club this year, due to the rising number of people at my school who enjoy playing the games.