Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Other Pokémon Gaming (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Mirage Island (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10798)

Cat333Pokémon November 16, 2012 07:43:34 PM

Mirage Island

To access Mirage Island, a value attached to each Pokémon must match a number randomly generated each day (until the game clock maxes out), with a chance of 1 in 65,536 per Pokémon on the team.

Without cheating, has anybody ever managed to visit Mirage Island in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald? I personally have never seen it and originally thought it was one of those silly rumors that was originally spread by the official strategy guides.

Reuniclus November 16, 2012 09:47:10 PM

I have never been able to make it to Mirage Island in RSE. I heard it was possible to visit Mirage Island and receive a Liechi berry while being able to catch Wynaut, but it required an intense amount of luck. I remember my friend saying how he was able to go there, but then again he tended to lie a lot (ie. he said he caught a wild Charizard while on the island).

TurtwigX November 16, 2012 10:17:07 PM

I've never been able to get there. On all my Gen III games the battery has run dry. So clock based events are are pbbth. But I think Emerald's is still good, so I MAY try that. Although that sounds like you need extreme luck, and I have no luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 268776)
He said he caught a wild Charizard while on the island.

Your friend is definitely lying. The only instance like ever of you being able to catch a wild starter is a Torchic on some Pokewalker Route.

Cat333Pokémon November 16, 2012 10:21:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 268779)
I've never been able to get there. On all my Gen III games the battery has run dry.

The same is true for my Ruby. I think Crystal has been dead for years, but my original Silver and Sapphire are still ticking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 268779)
The only instance like ever of you being able to catch a wild starter is a Torchic on some Pokewalker Route.

Don't forget Pikachu. ;)

Oh, and yes, Liechi Berries and Wynaut are the only things on the island.

TurtwigX November 16, 2012 10:34:23 PM

Except that PIKACHU IS NOT A TRADITIONAL STARTER. Not only does it have an ability that doesn't raise Electric moves in a pinch, it has 2 weird evolution; one by friendship and the other by stone. It's also not at the start of its Pokedex. THAT WAS FOR A SPECIAL EDITIIOOOON! (Yes, I still consider it a starter, too.)

I heard that you could get a legendary Pokemon of some sort on Mirage Island, too. It is the only area in Pokemon that I know nothing about. Is it really just only Wynauts?

Cat333Pokémon November 28, 2012 11:04:28 PM

It is really just Wynaut.

If you want to be REALLY picky, I think you can get Latias/Latios on the island when they're roaming, but that's just a technicality.

The Spirit of Time November 29, 2012 09:18:19 PM

The reason people were crazy about Mirage Island is the Liechi Berry, more than Waynut. That berry grew only there.

PHANTOMxTRAINER November 30, 2012 03:27:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time (Post 270147)
The reason people were crazy about Mirage Island is the Liechi Berry, more than Waynut. That berry grew only there.

Well also, back then Wynaut and Wobbuffet were broken and I think put in Ubers :P

The Spirit of Time November 30, 2012 03:35:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 270161)
Well also, back then Wynaut and Wobbuffet were broken and I think put in Ubers :P

Yes, but Whynaut was available as an egg to hatch to all players, so it wasn't hard getting one.

Cat333Pokémon November 30, 2012 11:59:49 AM

Y'know what's funny about that is I still remember where to find the incense for Wobbuffet to hold (even though I haven't actually bred a Wynaut since Pearl in '07): Mt. Pyre.

Pingouin7 November 30, 2012 07:10:46 PM

I actually did, in Emerald.
Got to win a Master Ball at the lottery in a different save file too.

Twiggy November 30, 2012 11:37:26 PM

Nope, not me. Not even once. And I never bothered with cheating because I wasn't capable of it back then.

PureAurorae December 1, 2012 02:35:09 AM

Nah haven't seen it before but I really want to see as only the select few get to see it.