Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Other Pokémon Gaming (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - 5th gen. (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=5730)

_.-Mew October 2, 2010 05:39:52 AM

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - 5th gen.

Do you think Nintendo is making one, or will be making one?

GrassPokemonFTW October 2, 2010 07:06:00 AM

Definitely will be made. 'Nuff said.

Fubab_107 October 2, 2010 08:25:16 AM

I can't see why they wouldn't, since the series does do well.

The Spirit of Time October 2, 2010 08:34:22 AM

They are making it right now, if not finished it already.

RotomGuy October 2, 2010 08:41:15 AM

They ARE???

The Spirit of Time October 2, 2010 08:48:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RotomGuy (Post 106543)
They ARE???

I assume, not sure.

Shadow October 2, 2010 10:39:09 AM

Well, if they're going to keep the series running (which probably is the case), then I'm guessing they're already working on it.

Magmaster12 October 2, 2010 10:44:43 AM

My guess is that is that Keldeo might might have same important role in the plot.

pmd 2 spoilers    
Just like darakrais role in pmd2

So maybe maybe pokemon mystery dungeon warriors of the earth/light.

Remember guys I got the titles to Black and White correct. :cool:

PokeRemixStudio October 2, 2010 11:57:53 AM

There should be one, and if there was I would totally get it. And it would be awesome if it had the 3D graphics!

_.-Mew October 2, 2010 05:21:42 PM

I think they are because each pokemon generation, they created a pmd game.

Magmaster12 October 2, 2010 05:33:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio (Post 106623)
There should be one, and if there was I would totally get it. And it would be awesome if it had the 3D graphics!

I really hope so pmd 2 made no graphical changes to anything leaving the animation of moves from gen III and nearly everything looked like it was for GBA so they better try to redo the graphics.

Natures for pokemon

Male/Female

pokabu - relaxed/Jolly
tsutjuta - sassy/relaxed
mijumaru - hasty/naive

Chillarmy could be a new option as your partner.

_.-Mew October 3, 2010 06:04:53 AM

They should also make a quest when Zorua asks to save Zoroark. A reference from the movie.

Quadcentruo October 3, 2010 06:39:30 AM

I somehow doubt that Nintendo will make another Mystery Dungeon game. Nintendo seems more focused on the Ranger series than any other spin-off series at the moment.

AnathemA October 3, 2010 06:55:10 AM

Although ive never played any of the Mystery Dungeon games, I can see that its doing pretty well, they probably will. I'm just hoping they make more Ranger games.

Magmaster12 October 3, 2010 08:20:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 106859)
I somehow doubt that Nintendo will make another Mystery Dungeon game. Nintendo seems more focused on the Ranger series than any other spin-off series at the moment.

Well technically there are more Mystery Dungeon games then Ranger games because of the Japanese only one last year and Tracks of Light just came out so I dought they'd want to focus on another one so quicky.

_.-Mew October 3, 2010 10:37:53 AM

buizel should be a starter as well as hitomoshi.

EricThePelipper October 9, 2010 09:04:51 AM

As long as a new gen comes out I think they will continue the somewhat popular PMD and Ranger series games.

_.-Mew October 10, 2010 11:42:14 AM

I agree with ericthepelipper.

[TRDRS]PokeTrader October 10, 2010 03:25:58 PM

Same here, I am sure they will continue the series. I have loved the PMD and Ranger games and they really sell in stores, so I dont see why they wouldnt.

pokemoneinstein October 11, 2010 02:01:36 PM

Really, you all want more Ranger games? The second one got so childishly preachy that the game play got drowned out by all the dialogue. "We can do it if we have faith in each other and strive to better ourselves each and every day!" I had to put it down only a few hours into it. Is it worth picking up again? I'm kind of curious. Also, is the third one any good?

Leaftail October 11, 2010 05:46:21 PM

I didn't play the newest Ranger game, but I really didn't like the first one. I'd much rather get another PMD game. PMD2 is probably my favorite game, closely followed by B/W. I just loved the plot and the ending definitely beats any other in the franchise by far. I'd love to see them top that in gen V.

And increased 3D graphics would be awesome. The games look WAY too 2D, even for the DS.

AnathemA October 13, 2010 05:23:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokemoneinstein (Post 109261)
Really, you all want more Ranger games? The second one got so childishly preachy that the game play got drowned out by all the dialogue. "We can do it if we have faith in each other and strive to better ourselves each and every day!" I had to put it down only a few hours into it. Is it worth picking up again? I'm kind of curious. Also, is the third one any good?

True, the dialogue in Shadows of Almia was cringe-worthy, but nevertheless, I enjoyed the gameplay. From what I hear, the third one is pretty decent. Fans of the previous games would like it. But if you didnt like it before, there isnt anything thats going to change your mind.

pokemoneinstein October 13, 2010 02:37:03 PM

Well I didn't get far into SoA, I just sorta left the game after they wouldn't stop babbling about teamwork. I remember loving the first one, though. Of course, i was in like 4th grade or something. Still, though.

teamplasma October 13, 2010 03:23:17 PM

they will make one NO question

Arceus is Epic October 13, 2010 04:46:55 PM

I'm pretty sure that both will come out but PR3 is gonna come out first.

Dasgust October 14, 2010 05:57:50 AM

I agree with ArceusIsEpic. I hope there'll be another PMD game. :)

AnathemA October 15, 2010 05:53:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokemoneinstein (Post 109815)
Well I didn't get far into SoA, I just sorta left the game after they wouldn't stop babbling about teamwork. I remember loving the first one, though. Of course, i was in like 4th grade or something. Still, though.

I just got Guardian Signs yesterday. There are some noticeable improvements from SoA. Battles are less draggy and more fun. Im not sure how to explain that, but you can definately feel it when you play it.

Dialogue is.. um.. improved, I guess, theres some kinky repetitive dialogue which gets quite funny.

If you didnt like SoA, I'd maybe get this a few months down the road, when its on sale or something. Its definately worth playing.

Krista December 12, 2010 06:34:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurusu Lapras (Post 109343)
I didn't play the newest Ranger game, but I really didn't like the first one. I'd much rather get another PMD game. PMD2 is probably my favorite game, closely followed by B/W. I just loved the plot and the ending definitely beats any other in the franchise by far. I'd love to see them top that in gen V.

And increased 3D graphics would be awesome. The games look WAY too 2D, even for the DS.

omfg you stole the words right out of my mouth PMD is by far my most favorite pokemon series. followed by the main series then by the ranger games. I am looking forward to PMD3 and i hope it makes me cry just like the first one. oh and btw if they dont have a new PMD we will have www.youtube.com/blizzzardmamoswine, his pokemon plush chronicles remind me so much of a pokemon ranger game seriously guys go check him out.

LucarioMario December 12, 2010 11:50:24 AM

I wouldn't see why they wouldn't make another game. Along with what some other people said, I think they should increase the graphic quality a bit. I don't really mind the old graphics, but Black and White's graphics are outstanding. There'd be no excuse not to revamp them in this game.

Aquablast December 13, 2010 04:42:23 AM

They will probably made a new one.

EricTheVenusaur December 30, 2010 03:17:38 PM

They aren't focusing more on Ranger from what I've seen.
PMD 1
PMD 2
PMD 3
PMD Wii
-----------
Ranger 1
Ranger 2
Ranger 3

They have more PMD games and the last one had the best graphics using Ranch models, they will most likely do it since it'd be weird to stop making the spin offs.

lucarioLOVER January 6, 2011 03:23:34 AM

i think they will make one game with 5th gen's pokemon

pokemontrainer150 January 23, 2011 05:08:21 PM

of course they are they made one with sinnoh pokemon when dp came out so they have to make one with isshu pokemon

Pflanze April 19, 2011 11:17:54 PM

I think there will be, since the explorers of time/darkness had even another version, like the main games...unless explorers of the sky was already planned. But if they make one, I hope the plot is good like the previous ones (explorers of time/dark/sky)

Plusleplusminun April 24, 2011 10:59:02 AM

My guess is that instead of explorers or rescuers,you'd be pirates or archaeologists. I would really like to see 3D graphics and like in Black and White they would ONLY have Unova pokémon for the main game. The only problem with that is that there would be a smaller cast of characters because only using 153 pokémon would kind of make it smaller. But then again, 153 is ALOT so they could definatly pull something off. Then again, I don't think they're gonna do that because most of my predictions I ever make are wrong.

Magmaster12 April 24, 2011 11:19:17 AM

I can sort of see the game being based around them being the Musketeer quartet who ultimate explorers since they did stand up for pokemon rights.

Maybe the name will be pokemon mystery dungeon warriors of the sea/land.

Plusleplusminun April 24, 2011 01:07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magmaster12 (Post 155226)
I can sort of see the game being based around them being the Musketeer quartet who ultimate explorers since they did stand up for pokemon rights.

Maybe the name will be pokemon mystery dungeon warriors of the sea/land.

The musketeer concept fits because Terrakion,Virizion,and Cobalion are based off of musketeer characters. Possibly the story focuses on the musketeer trio and Keldeo?

_.-Mew July 8, 2011 03:15:08 PM

I agree with Plusleplusminun. It may be similar as to the first PMD, with the trio being Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.

7dewott8 July 8, 2011 08:05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.-Mew (Post 106475)
Do you think Nintendo is making one, or will be making one?

Their are two ways I can awaser this quetion

YES: Yes because the team of creators would be creative and determind to finish the project of lets pokemon explorers of Dawn (heh just an example) and have the Final boss like a pokemon as Reshiram for pokemon dawn and pokemon Dusk would be pehaps zekrom

NO: They probably might be out of ideas for the game names, the dugeons names might have been to hard to think of. zWhat would the final boss be? What would the plot be? Where would you be seen as a pokemon if you were a human origanaly? Examples of why they may not make a 5 gen Dungeon game.

Hmm... Pehaps I should give a hand to hacking. I really like pokemon Dusk

Magmaster12 July 9, 2011 04:51:40 AM

Well I already have an idea for what the game could be about and that is they should follow the basics of the musketeer trio.

Basically what they will do is rescue the needy and stand up for the weak.

_.-Mew July 9, 2011 06:57:06 AM

you know, they could be working on it right now and we dont even know it!

And I hate the idea of making another game of the opposite, such as pmd explorers of light/darkness. Its basically the same thing.

Plusleplusminun July 11, 2011 02:32:57 PM

Yeah they should make just one. And for the 3DS!

_.-Mew July 11, 2011 05:28:00 PM

Personally, I really don't like the idea of making it for the 3DS. Im not getting one, and I'm certain that many others aren't getting one because of the high price, and they already have a DS/DSi. If it were on the 3DS, they would really need to change the storyline and improve the game.

Magmaster12 July 11, 2011 07:29:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.-Mew (Post 169117)
Personally, I really don't like the idea of making it for the 3DS. Im not getting one, and I'm certain that many others aren't getting one because of the high price, and they already have a DS/DSi. If it were on the 3DS, they would really need to change the storyline and improve the game.

So you don't want the game to be on 3DS all because you're not getting one?

If they do put on the 3DS hopefully they won't use the same GBA graphics they've been using since the first game. This includes changing all the attack animations since they were unchanged in PMD2

Plusleplusminun July 12, 2011 07:17:51 AM

Maybe they will make a version for the DS family and for the 3DS like they did with red and blue rescue team with GBA and DS.

Wulf Cines July 13, 2011 12:10:05 PM

Man, I'm kinda hoping so, because the last one was just essentially a remake of the second one, and not a true third game in the series, in my opinion. Nonetheless, I liked the fact you could start off as a Riolu.

Plusleplusminun July 14, 2011 10:07:26 AM

I would want to see these as player characters/partners:
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Pikachu
Meowth
Vulpix
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Phanpy
Elekid
Magby
Treecko
Torchic
Mudkip
Bagon
Skitty
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Riolu
Starly
Happiny
Glameow
Cranidos
Shieldon
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott
Timburr
Zorua
I would also like to see you being able to evolve throughout the game at the level yor pokemon evolves at in the main series games instead of waiting until the aftergame.

Plusleplusminun July 14, 2011 10:12:04 AM

Also, I want to see you being able to have more members with you and you can stack up with your other team members like you could do in the wii version.Streetpass missions would be nice too. And I REALLY would like it if they put the dungeon bosses' HP in so we can see their remaining health.

_.-Mew July 14, 2011 12:09:55 PM

You double posted.

Also, that waay too many starters.

Plusleplusminun July 15, 2011 03:54:37 PM

Well Mew, think about this: There are a lot of pokemon now, 649, don't ya think there are already a lot of pokemon?

Magmaster12 July 15, 2011 04:41:09 PM

Well they usually base the test about half of the Pokemon natures so if they used all of them there would be 25 so that's about enough.

Plusleplusminun July 16, 2011 06:33:21 PM

Okay, here are my boss predictions:
1. Woobat + Srcaggy
2.Gigalith (Zoroark disguise)
3.Pirate Zoroark
4. Galvantuala + a bunch of Joltik
5. Regirock (Zoroark joins)
6. Regice (Zoroark joins)
7. Registeel (Zoroark joins)
8. Cobalion
9. Terrakion
10. Virizion
11. Bisharp, Seviper, and Marowak
12. Kyogre (Keldeo joins)
13. Cofagrigus (Keldeo joins)
14. Zekrom
15. Kyurem

Arceus is Epic August 14, 2011 12:04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun (Post 171202)
2. Gigalith (Zoroark disguise)
5. Regirock (Zoroark joins)
6. Regice (Zoroark joins)
7. Registeel (Zoroark joins)
12. Kyogre (Keldeo joins)
13. Cofagrigus (Keldeo joins)

How can you have Zoroark join 3 times if there's only one main one (should there be) in the game? The same applies for Keldeo as well except with 2.

Squirtle102 August 14, 2011 03:13:50 AM

I think they would make a new PMD. After all people would buy it. The PMD market is big. So ya they probably would.

Elaine August 20, 2011 12:36:11 PM

I know I would buy it. They have every reason to make a new one, so wynaut?

SolarYoshi January 18, 2012 06:33:46 PM

There hasn't been one in a while...I really hope a new one is coming out, and if yes, they should make a big storyline just like they did with PMD2.

SilverX January 22, 2012 02:48:58 AM

They should definitely make one...I want to see Zorua as a hero pokemon. :3

The Spirit of Time January 22, 2012 03:45:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverX (Post 228769)
They should definitely make one...I want to see Zorua as a hero pokemon. :3

I can guarantee you it would be one.

Quadcentruo January 22, 2012 08:31:32 AM

If they do decide to make a 5th gen PMD, they need a way to keep players wanting to play it. I got annoyed with doing tediously easy jobs in the first PMD and only played it in very small amounts at a time until the big story parts come around.

If they manage this, then I'll consider saving money for the next PMD game.

Silverlands January 24, 2012 07:39:35 AM

I just loved playing as meowth for the sheer amounts of money you got from using pay day constantly ^^

Magmaster12 January 24, 2012 11:20:58 AM

Well I've got good news and bad news.

The bad news is that Chunsoft the company that makes the mystery dungeon games has been busy making a 3DS game.

The good news is that this means the next PMD might look like this.

In my opinion not having Gameboy Advanced graphics is worth the wait.

SilverX January 25, 2012 02:38:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverlands (Post 229185)
I just loved playing as meowth for the sheer amounts of money you got from using pay day constantly ^^

At least chatot couldn't take that away.

I also wonder what they'll call the rescue teams now...

Arceus is Epic January 27, 2012 04:53:53 PM

Why not reference the original PMD but make it Black and White this time. Nothing wrong with being classic.

Maztaroth January 29, 2012 07:55:29 AM

I always went with the first pmd. pmd2 never realy got me as interested as the first series. this could perhaps be due to my love for the gameboy consoles xD

Fuzzball July 2, 2012 07:17:47 PM

Do you think they'll make it for DS or 3DS? Or do like they did for GBA/DA and make one for DS and the other for 3DS? Either way, I want to be a Purrloin/Liepard. :D

The Spirit of Time July 2, 2012 08:24:59 PM

The only thing I can say is that if they think that Pokémon Conquest is a good substitute for PMD, then they are wrong. I tried it, and it fails miserably compared to PMD.

TurtwigX July 2, 2012 11:02:10 PM

Totally for the 3DS, with some updated graphics. Having a story that tops PMD2 would be hard, though. Seeing everything would be a nice touch, and even though I let fate pick for me, being a totally awesome Ferrothorn or Darmanitan wouldn't hurt.

Fuzzball July 2, 2012 11:42:24 PM

I havent finished my PMD2 yet. I just got it about 2 weeks ago. XD

I would prefer they make one for DS and one for 3DS, but I dont have one and have no idea when I'll be able to afford one. I am of the poor folk....ha ha.

_.-Mew March 24, 2013 03:09:19 PM

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/..._EN_boxart.png
I'm sure everyone knows about this game now, and it's obviously fifth gen. Can someone lock this thread as it is pretty much useless now?

New one: http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11087