Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   The Media (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Last film you watched thread (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=7435)

Falco March 2, 2011 07:21:54 AM

Last film you watched thread

I'm not entirely sure if this will work but I thought it would be a cool idea to have users post the last film they watched and give a quick rating/review. Nothing to in depth but a quick rating out of 10 and if you recommend it or not.

So for example:

I watched Gnomeo and Juliet. A comedy film about the story of Romeo and Juliet but set in a garden full of gnomes.

I give it 4/10, found the characters where dull and uninteresting and I would not recommend watching it.

What film did you last watch? It can be any film, old or new...

The Spirit of Time March 2, 2011 07:33:35 AM

The last movie I watched was Just go with it. It was a good comedy, but certainly not the best. I would give it a score of 6/10.

Ningamer March 2, 2011 07:52:28 AM

The last movie I watched was Pokémon - Zoroark: Master of Illusion. It was surprisingly good for a Pokémon movie, I can't really say I'm a huge fan of them though. 7/10

OMGITSJAD March 2, 2011 08:36:48 AM

Last film I watched was Smoke Signals, in Film & Literature class. Pretty good comedy about two indian young adults going on an adventure from their reservation in Idaho to Arizona to get one of their(Victor's) dad's ashes. I really recommend it, it may look like some stupid family movie by the cover but it's pretty funny and interesting.

Shadow March 2, 2011 09:33:01 AM

The last movie I watched was "Just Go With It" (with Spirit). However, my rating for it would be 7/10.

Atherrien March 3, 2011 04:24:56 AM

The last film I watched was "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son" (Big Momma's house 3)...

It wasn't all that good in my opinion, though it had it's moments.

Shade March 3, 2011 06:45:16 AM

The last movie I watched was Arceus and the Jewel of Life.

Arceus's voice in it failed hard.

Cat333Pokémon March 3, 2011 09:44:04 AM

The last movie I watched was Alpha and Omega. Even though a lot of critics said it had a cookie-cutter love plot, I still liked it and chuckled a few times while watching it. 7/10

Mario227 March 3, 2011 10:39:34 AM

Just watched Saving Private Ryan, saddest film and probably the best way of them telling the story of World War II. 9/10

Note: I only watched it because I played Conker's Bad Fur Day which had a scene rip off from the film.

Alakazamaster March 3, 2011 04:01:28 PM

The last film I saw was Misery, a classic psychological thriller movie about a famous writer and his "number one fan." I like thrillers like this because its not just loud hacking and slashing with blood spilling, but an actual chilling story. 9/10, no doubt. It stars James Caan and Kathy Bates, the latter of which got a Golden Globe for her performance.

Shiny March 3, 2011 05:34:29 PM

Last film I saw was Cheech & Chong: Up In Smoke.
It's a comedy about Anthony Stoner and Pedro de Pacas and their adventures in Mexico and Los Angeles.
I give it a 9/10 mostly cause it's one of my favorite movies, and I'm a sucker for Cheech and Chong.
I don't really suggest it if you're anti-weed or pot, since it has a lot of that in it.

Falco March 4, 2011 12:23:57 AM

^^Ahaa gonna give that one a go.

Watched Zoroark: Master of Illusion last night, like Ningamer thought it was actually decent. Had so many Pokemon in it, i'd give it a 6/10. I can be pretty harsh.

Magmaster12 March 4, 2011 03:07:30 PM

The last film I watched was The Butterfly Effect, it's a terrible film that tries to be pyscollogical but just completly fails at it and just comes has very stupid. That and it was one of the acting perfomances I've ever seen. 2/10

Kirby-Chan March 12, 2011 06:44:35 PM

I recently watched Toy Story 3 and it is the best movie out of the 3 Toy Story movies. There were twists and emotional parts in the film and the ending wraps up nicely that made me feel satisfied. 10/10

Kero March 13, 2011 03:08:29 PM

I was apparently almost a year late on watching Hot Tub Time Machine.

I had to laugh at the beginning where it shows the kid in the basement playing Second Life. Playing on the typical mouse potato stereotypes, Hollywood? :lol:

4/5.

The Tropius of Tropiuses March 19, 2011 06:45:20 AM

(Bump?)
I just watched Rango. I loved the movie! It had an interesting plot, good characters, and the ending was staisfying. I really liked Rattlesnake Jake! :) 9.5/10

Shadow March 27, 2011 11:34:45 AM

Today I watched Rango, and I thought it was great too! The plot was well-made, the characters were not superficial and the animation was beautiful. 8.5/10

Shiny March 27, 2011 03:53:58 PM

Recently watched Grownups. My friends forced me to watch it with them.

One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. The actors are great, and there is some good comedy in there.
I'd personally give it an 9/10

Kirby-Chan March 27, 2011 06:26:52 PM

Watched Despicable me and it's better than I thought. Funny and charming. 8/10

The Spirit of Time March 28, 2011 10:56:01 AM

I watched Rango, which was quite good and pretty much interesting. I would give it an 8/10.

PokeMaster March 31, 2011 12:53:12 PM

The last film I watched was 'Repo! The Genetic Opera'. I give at 9.5 out of 10; my reasoning being that while it is an AWESOME movie with extremely good music and an very good storyline, there's just one scene and one error that bothers me greatly [watch the scene here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFWn_MBokLM ] it seemed to be completely uneeded. The error was the mom's death on her tombstone, which says 2011-2050, while the father is 40 at the time of the film, this says that the mom died at age 39, which means the father must be much older than indicated. Overall, this is a movie I'd recommended, but do not watch if you do not like sexual references/scenes and very gory scenes.

DashArmy March 31, 2011 05:24:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazamaster (Post 144537)
The last film I saw was Misery, a classic psychological thriller movie about a famous writer and his "number one fan.'

I saw this, I give it a 8/10, not bad. Not the last movie I watched but have seen it. The last few movies I watched was Paranormal Activity 2 [7/10], The Legends of The Guardians: Owls of Gahoole [9/10, not as well with critics but did like it], Jackass 3D [8/10], and, well, The Goonies [8/10].

LucarioMario June 25, 2011 02:42:08 PM

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP.

Just watched Green Lantern (Even though I'm not really interested in super hero films), and it, was, epic. The plot and action really kept me in suspense thoughout the movie. 9/10

NismoZ June 25, 2011 04:24:08 PM

The newest Pirates movie or something. I dunno, it was a while ago.

Sphinx June 25, 2011 06:19:53 PM

Kung Fu Panda 2. Nothing special. 7/10

pokemoneinstein June 25, 2011 07:03:28 PM

X-Men 3. I like to watch a lot of movies over the summer and over the course of the past 2 weeks or so, I saw every movie in the series except for X-men Origins: Wolverine. They're very fun to watch, but I wouldn't call them film at its best. Unfortunately, though, now that I'm done with this series, I need to find something else to watch on Netflix, and I'm terrible at thinking of movies to see XD

LucarioMario June 26, 2011 05:28:57 PM

I just watched Tron (I was kinda forced to, actually. :P Well, "forced" is way too big an overstatement, but whatever.), and it was decent. 7/10

mariothecellist June 27, 2011 07:31:08 AM

Last one I watched was Inception.

A bit confusing at first, but I love the whole concept of the dream (not spoiling it).

I'd probably say 10/10 because I enjoyed it. I'm not exactly the movie
connoisseur, so I can't give specifics about the techniques used or the actors or anything like that.

In the end, good movie.

Kirby-Chan June 27, 2011 03:37:59 PM

I recently watched Super 8 and it was good. Has some surprising scenes and kept me in suspense. 8/10

PokeRemixStudio June 27, 2011 04:48:21 PM

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix via Netflix
It was pretty decent, with some cool scenes, though I have yet to see a Harry Potter that delights me as much as the first two movies. Oddly enough, I had already seen The Half Blood Prince. As much as I hated her, that pink-and-kitten-obsessed lady was a totally awesome character for the movie since she provided for a nice subplot for the movie and introduced a more mundane level of conflict.

7dewott8 June 27, 2011 06:16:37 PM

Tron #1
I am not one of those people who like movies. I thought it was boring

Shadow June 28, 2011 09:37:33 AM

Today I watched "Bad Teacher". I give it a 7/10 for being mostly funny yet unnecessarily sexual in some parts, but otherwise, I thought it was really worth it. :D

Shark August 12, 2011 06:24:27 PM

Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I liked it.

Shiny August 12, 2011 06:27:30 PM

Netflix finally mailed me Kung Fu Hustle.
It's always been a favorite of mine, and it's really great.
I give it a 10/10

SK August 13, 2011 11:30:47 AM

I watched 4 movies with my friends last night. Inception was probably my favorite of all of them and we watched it first... I dunno, I guess I just really like the fact that they had action combined with a very confusing concept that I somehow understood. :P After that we watched Paranormal Activity 1 and then Paranormal Activity 2. Definitely creepy, but it's all paranoia, so it had some scary moments but I was fine after it. Honestly though, I might not have been able to sleep in peace if we hadn't watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World after those two scary movies. That was a pretty awesome movie, pretty funny too, I enjoyed that as well.

Shadow August 13, 2011 12:25:39 PM

I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 while I was on vacation. Being a massive Harry Potter fan, the movie was as promising as I expected it to be: packed with action and true to the book. However, if I'm being completely honest, I didn't think it was mind-blowing. Nevertheless, I thought it wrapped up a decade of wonderful memories in the exact way fans were hoping, and I'm really going to miss the series.

The Tropius of Tropiuses August 13, 2011 02:03:52 PM

Yesterday I saw Scott Pilgrim vs. the World... and it was AWESOME!

Loved the fight scenes ,references, pretty much everything about it!

7dewott8 August 13, 2011 03:21:22 PM

yesterday I watched Dracula, dead and loving it. Funny like always ^_^

TheTreecko August 13, 2011 04:31:13 PM

...Smurfs in 3D....it was pain for my Eyes ._.

I blame my Mother!

Kirby-Chan August 23, 2011 06:32:27 PM

Rented an old film called the Flower Drum Song. It was alright and I did enjoy it even though it was corny and I am not a fan of musicals. 7/10

Still beats Justin Bieber: Never Say Never which my sisters rented it and I watched parts of it and could not stand watching it more than a few minutes. Plus I can still the screaming girls in my head from the movie. So annoying. There is no point of rating this movie.

7dewott8 August 23, 2011 06:35:19 PM

Cowboys&Aliens

Now I may not be a film watcher, but I LOVED that movie. Great for an alien movie ( cuz I hate aliens)

Shiny August 23, 2011 06:35:44 PM

Watched Stand and Deliver earlier.
Great movie, and I loved it. I like how the gangster cholo got a 5/5 on the AP exam. C:
Plus it was my dad's old high school, so it was cool.

The Spirit of Time August 24, 2011 02:16:47 AM

The last thing I watched was Hot Tub Time Machine, which I thought would be funny, but it wasn't...

Alakazamaster August 24, 2011 09:52:25 AM

Last week I watched the cult classic Eraserhead. The film is pretty indescribable, but is pretty surreal and at time unnerving. Definitely worth watching, since it has its place in film history. Just make sure you watch it at night, and not while doing anything else. The effect of the film kind of disappears when you do that!

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 25, 2011 08:36:09 PM

Today, I watched Cool Runnings. BEST. MOVIE. EVER!

The Spirit of Time August 26, 2011 04:24:29 AM

I finally watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. It is, of course, a fantastic movie, but I expected more from The Battle of Hogwarts, since it was quite thrilling in the book.

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 26, 2011 06:17:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time (Post 191513)
I finally watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. It is, of course, a fantastic movie, but I expected more from The Battle of Hogwarts, since it was quite thrilling in the book.

I never read any harry potter books, and im not planning to do so, but I saw the movie, and it was pretty great. But yeah, the battle wasn't too interesting. And I lol'd sooo much at one part that was supposed to be so dramatic. It was when this girl dropped the chain thing, and right when it hit the ground, someone from across the theater... "Lets just say he blew air..." but it was loud, and pretty much everyone was laughing. But anyways, it was disgusting. :lol:

Shadow August 30, 2011 03:26:07 PM

I watched "Captain America: First Avenger" today, and I must say that it was quite awesome. Packed with action and based on an interesting plot, it's definitely a must-watch for summer. However, the movie seems to suffer from unbelievable effects/stunts which look ridiculously silly as well as an ending which is disappointing and a little random. If it wasn't for these two things, this movie would've become one of my all-time favourites. Score: 8/10

The Spirit of Time August 30, 2011 04:08:17 PM

I watched Clash of the Titans recently. Not the greatest of all, but it can keep you entertained as long as you are watching it.

DashArmy August 30, 2011 06:09:45 PM

I recently watched "Killers" with Ashton Kutcher. Not bad, but the ending left to be desired. 8/10

Mario227 August 31, 2011 12:50:54 AM

I'm gonna base off the last movie in theathers I saw, Rise of the Planet of the Apes was my last movie at theathers and it was better then I thought. Too bad the trailer shows the last 30 minutes of the film just like with Capt. America. :P 8/10

The Spirit of Time August 31, 2011 01:00:44 AM

I watched yet another movie yesterday; Grown Ups. Although there were some funny scenes here and there, the movie lacked a real plot, which made it look shallow, giving it a score of 4/10.

AuraKshatriya August 31, 2011 01:43:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario227 (Post 194621)
I'm gonna base off the last movie in theathers I saw, Rise of the Planet of the Apes was my last movie at theathers and it was better then I thought. Too bad the trailer shows the last 30 minutes of the film just like with Capt. America. :P 8/10

Luckily I never really intended to see the movie, and thus never bothered watching the trailer, so it was so much more impactful. I should really start not watching trailers more often.

Also @Shadow: the ending was as such to set up for Avengers, hopefully you stayed after the credits and saw the awesome bonus trailer.

Shadow August 31, 2011 02:42:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya (Post 194629)
Also @Shadow: the ending was as such to set up for Avengers, hopefully you stayed after the credits and saw the awesome bonus trailer.

Oh crap, I left before seeing the bonus trailer. I'll try to find it on YouTube. :P

Shiny August 31, 2011 02:49:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 194830)
Oh crap, I left before seeing the bonus trailer. I'll try to find it on YouTube. :P

How could you? They're in almost every Marvel movie. xD
That's the only reason I stay after the credits. To see if they have teasers for the next movie.

The Spirit of Time September 1, 2011 04:00:56 AM

I watched Spiderman during midnight. Yes, I know it is old, but I never watched any Spiderman movie before, as I was never interested in it anyway. It was good enough with a good plot, giving it a score of 8/10.

Orpheus September 9, 2011 03:20:44 AM

500 Days of Summer.
It's one of my favourite movies. Gotta love Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

The Spirit of Time September 9, 2011 07:44:35 AM

The Bounty Hunter: A movie that is funny. I really liked it (10/10).

Falco September 12, 2011 01:30:09 AM

Watched 'Howl's Moving Castle' again last night for like the twentieth time. It gets me every time. 10/10

Shiny September 16, 2011 04:32:13 PM

The Hangover II

I was really disappointed with this one; wasn't as funny as the first. But, then again, sequels are never as good.

LugiaDialga September 29, 2011 03:34:48 PM

The Thin Red Line, uggh it was for a class essay project thing... one of the worst war movie I ever saw haha so I don't suggest it unless you want to bore yourself for a good 2 hours.

Digimon Kaiser October 8, 2011 12:14:04 PM

The Lion King.... IN 3D!

The Spirit of Time October 9, 2011 06:16:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digimon Kaiser (Post 208759)
The Lion King.... IN 3D!

I was thinking of watching that. It seems nostalgic. :P

teamplasma October 9, 2011 12:28:26 PM

I watched "Skeleton Key" and it was dumb ;)

Shadow October 10, 2011 10:14:42 AM

I watched "Real Steel" and it was fantastic - probably one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. The plot moves along at a good pace, it's not very predictable and there's enough action to keep you interested the whole time. 8.5/10

Shiny October 10, 2011 06:54:03 PM

30 Minutes or Less.

Give it an 8. It wasn't as great as I expected it to be, but I was still laughing, nonetheless.

TurtwigX October 24, 2011 12:10:00 PM

The last movie that I saw was SCRE4M (Scream 4 for the illiterate). Essentially, it was a horror movie just like the last 3 except with a remake concept.
I give it an 8/10 for humor, scariness, and story, which are things a good Scream movie has(And they're all good. :P)

LugiaDialga December 13, 2011 02:08:02 PM

I just watched Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 again for the second time earlier this weekend. I've not read the books yet as I am quirky and prefer to watch the movies before I read. This was honestly probably my favorite Harry Potter movie out of all of them since they just did such an amazing job honestly I think, a perfect ending for a legendary and unforgettable story.

Lloyd December 22, 2011 11:44:13 PM

Tower Heist.

Quadcentruo December 23, 2011 04:43:23 AM

I watched Jack and Jill with my mom and her boyfriend. It was an alright movie, a tad difficult to watch sometimes. I wouldn't watch it again if someone offered me to watch it.

TheTreecko December 23, 2011 11:00:14 AM

Planet of the Apes: Prevolution

It was a nice film :3

Shadow January 1, 2012 04:15:16 AM

Mission Impossible 4. I really loved it but I thought there were quite a number of incidents and events which were too exaggerated. 8.5/10

PHANTOMxTRAINER January 2, 2012 05:51:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 224766)
Mission Impossible 4. I really loved it but I thought there were quite a number of incidents and events which were too exaggerated. 8.5/10

Same, got to see it before it came out because of privilages. :D

SilverX January 4, 2012 06:47:38 AM

I watched Harry potter Deathly Hallows and it totally missed the book. (Bad stuff)
Harry: "Let's finish this the way we started it, Tom." *grabs Voldemort's face*
Alternate ending to that scene:
Voldemort: KISS ME, YOU FOOL.

My most recent film I watched was the new Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. It confused the heck out of me, and there were several other things which I probably shouldn't mention here that really made this a bad film. (Old one, though 8 hours long, was WAY better)

My 2nd most recent film was Tron. DAFT PUNK! WOOHO- Okay, there they are! *Looks at Daft Punk* Okay, we can stop watching the movie now. The movie had a horrible plot, it was one epic chase sequence after the next, and the characters were very hollow and void of content. But we got to see Daft Punk, which was about the only cool thing in the movie besides the special effects.

Shadow January 4, 2012 08:12:37 AM

Today I watched Sherlock Holmes 2, and while it was not great by any stretch, it was not bad either. I thought it was fairly confusing and the ending seemed rushed, but overall I enjoyed watching it. 6.5/10

Kirby-Chan January 5, 2012 08:07:39 AM

Watched Sherlock Holmes 2 and it was alright for me, but I find it kinda confusing especially towards the end. I mainly enjoy the Ho yay between Sherlock and Watson. :lol:

Digimon Kaiser January 14, 2012 12:07:06 PM

We Bought A Zoo

Matt Damon was in it.

The Spirit of Time January 15, 2012 06:25:08 AM

Sherlock Holmes 2! Love it!

Digimon Kaiser January 16, 2012 04:54:18 AM

A really long dramatic movie called War Horse. It was OK, I guess.

Lloyd January 18, 2012 02:24:15 PM

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.

Quadcentruo January 21, 2012 08:21:41 PM

Juno. It's a nice movie with a nice story to it. Micheal Cera needed to be shown more though.

Lloyd January 23, 2012 02:07:36 AM

War Horse. Really enjoyed it and I'll probably watch it again.

The Spirit of Time July 15, 2012 10:27:15 AM

How about a bump?

I watched The Amazing Spider-man today, and it was amazing indeed. I loved it more than the past 3 movies. It has a better story, a darker tone and the actor is more Spider-man-like than the previous one.

Luxray13579 July 15, 2012 04:57:23 PM

I recently watched the Katy Perry movie, but you guys don't want to hear about that, so like Spirit I also saw the Amazing Spiderman, and Andrew Garfield did an AMAZING job, as did Emma Stone. The story was so much better this time around than the other three, but one thing I didn't like was
Spoiler Alert:    
how instead of Spiderman having those natural web-slinging powers, he built the little widget for his wrists that shot webs.

TurtwigX July 15, 2012 05:19:40 PM

Fright Night 2011. That was one of the worst remakes I've ever seen. Although, the action near the end was pretty cool, and it brought the AWESOME back in to vampires. That was necessary.

Quadcentruo July 15, 2012 07:02:36 PM

Project X (a few weeks ago). It seemed like a movie that would be about me if I threw a party.

teamplasma July 15, 2012 07:28:41 PM

Cyberbully.

Cyrus July 16, 2012 12:10:34 AM

The last movie(s) I saw was the first three Spiderman movies (with Tobey Maguire). It was a television marathon to hype up the release of the new Spiderman movie, and I definitely want to go see the new one sometime soon in theaters.

TurtwigX July 16, 2012 01:24:35 AM

I was supposed to see The Amazing Spider-Man on Saturday, but my idiot father held me up so my mom couldn't buy us tickets. Hopefully I'll be able to see that or Brave soon. But what I'm really holding out for is Wreck-It Ralph.

PHANTOMxTRAINER July 17, 2012 06:46:00 AM

I saw Ted a few days back. Very funny ahaha

DashArmy July 17, 2012 05:02:32 PM

I don't know if this counts, but I watched an episode of Cowboy Bebop. I do intend to watch the movie, though. I can easily see why it's critically acclaimed.

TurtwigX July 20, 2012 09:11:47 PM

I just saw The Dark Knight Rises. Wow. That was way way WAY better than expected. I thought nothing would ever top the Joker's pure insane evil. They didn't but MAN that was good. 10/10 would recommend.
I also so Tangled on TV last night. That mother is eeeevvviiiillll. And her death was pretty surprising, too.

GTP_NickSkyline July 25, 2012 08:24:26 AM

I just watched Die Hard. I love it as an action film and a Christmas movie, because nothing says "Happy Holidays" like watching one of the most hardcore action movies of all time.

Highly recommended to anyone, seeing as it has a well-earned spot on IMDB's Top 250.

Blood Swampert July 25, 2012 08:52:14 AM

War Of the Servers.

A movie about a game shot IN the game itself? I loooove Gmod.

Dark Sonic July 28, 2012 07:06:25 PM

Zathura
Probably one of my favorites.

NismoZ July 28, 2012 07:08:12 PM

The other day I watched Initial D Third Stage: The Movie. I know it's like ten years old, but I still only watched it now.

GalliumGrant July 28, 2012 07:53:13 PM

The Three Stooges. I needed to ask Reuniclus for my brain back after watching that movie. I'm afraid it flew out of my head with all the sledgehammer-cranium whacking.

Shiny July 29, 2012 02:38:37 AM

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay.
tbh, I've always been a sucker for stoner comedies like this.

Paradox July 29, 2012 06:35:21 AM

Last film I watched was "Law abiding citizen". Watched it on my phone during a long train journey. I do love me some mastermind-style shenanigans.

Creepachu July 29, 2012 06:47:34 AM

Ice age 4, with my lil' cousin :)