Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon X and Y (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   Pickup (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11520)

Sub-zero November 14, 2013 05:02:00 PM

Pickup

Did anyone else notice that Pickup has been updated? At the end of a turn, if an item has been used and is "disposed of" (I.E. Sitrus Berry) a Pokemon with this ability will pick it up and use it as a new item if it isn't holding an item.

This turned out great on my Gourgeist since it's holding the Kasib Berry. I never went into making one with Frisk so I stuck with Pickup. xD

Reuniclus November 14, 2013 05:03:18 PM

Sounds like an automatic Recycle.

I use Pickup more for getting rare items. If your Pokémon is above level 81, it has a small chance of picking up Leftovers. :P

JDxImpetus November 14, 2013 05:04:29 PM

Oh..So it's like Harvest, w/o being Sun Dependent.
That definitely Sounds interesting.

Sub-zero November 14, 2013 05:05:21 PM

^ Indeed. Pickup is suddenly kinda useful. D:

Indeed. Sounds good on paper, but in Triples or Doubles, I guess a Pokemon with Recycle holding a Sitrus Berry and a Pokemon with Pickup could tango pretty well. Gimmick, but eh.

Really? I gotta level mine up. O.O

Edit 2: Actually, it isn't like Harvest because Harvest only works with berries. I've picked up Focus Sashes, too. O.o I don't quite understand the mechanics, but I guess it takes any single use item after being consumed by it's original holder granted the the Pokemon with Pickup isn't holding anything.

kakashidragon November 14, 2013 11:02:09 PM

And i have 2 pokemon with pick-up around lvls 91-100 and not once have i gotten leftovers from it, but i get everything else. (I hate getting normal revives all the time)

KrayzeeGuy November 15, 2013 01:30:51 PM

Serebii states this has existed since Black and White. I wonder why this went so far under the radar.

Sub-zero November 15, 2013 02:26:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrayzeeGuy (Post 288329)
Serebii states this has existed since Black and White. I wonder why this went so far under the radar.

Awww, really? Bummer. I thought I'd be cool for making a discovery. I dunno, but this works well with Knock Off and a Pokemon with Pickup. xD I run Drapion and Gourgeist on the same team, so it helps. Kind of.

KrayzeeGuy November 16, 2013 04:59:34 AM

I'm actually preparing a test group of two Pick-up users to see how it'd work mechanically to have the two Pick-uppers juggle stat boosting berries.

Sub-zero November 19, 2013 12:35:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrayzeeGuy (Post 288371)
I'm actually preparing a test group of two Pick-up users to see how it'd work mechanically to have the two Pick-uppers juggle stat boosting berries.

How is that working out? But aren't those berries consumed when you're in red? Would be kinda "eh" to use due to priority moves. D:

KrayzeeGuy November 23, 2013 03:33:32 AM

Well the thing I was going to attempt was to use two different Endure pokemon with Pickup, but only one pokemon with Pickup can learn Endure. So I'm just breeding my singles generations team before I see if I can just wing this at doubles.

Sub-zero November 23, 2013 04:17:27 PM

Ah, gotcha. No worries. Are you giving both a stat boosting berry or just one? I don't think this'll work on the first turn.

kakashidragon November 23, 2013 08:50:22 PM

Well i have 4 pokemon with the pick-up ability around levels 91-100, and still no leftovers :( But i keep getting everything else.

Like this:
Over 15 moonstones.
Over 30 sunstones.
At least 10 prism scales.
Recived at least 20 rarecandys. (mosty to get to these levels)
And about 50+ revives. (Both kinds put together)
Not but not yet 0 leftovers.

BluFire1337 November 25, 2013 05:31:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub-zero (Post 288274)
Did anyone else notice that Pickup has been updated? At the end of a turn, if an item has been used and is "disposed of" (I.E. Sitrus Berry) a Pokemon with this ability will pick it up and use it as a new item if it isn't holding an item.

This turned out great on my Gourgeist since it's holding the Kasib Berry. I never went into making one with Frisk so I stuck with Pickup. xD

Nice! Time to test this out! How exactly does pickup work to get items? I've never used it O:

KrayzeeGuy November 26, 2013 03:06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub-zero (Post 288619)
Ah, gotcha. No worries. Are you giving both a stat boosting berry or just one? I don't think this'll work on the first turn.

I'm going to give one of them it, have my friend whittle the non-holding one to red, and then whittle the holding one to red and see what happens.

Sub-zero November 29, 2013 10:23:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 288627)
Well i have 4 pokemon with the pick-up ability around levels 91-100, and still no leftovers :( But i keep getting everything else.

Like this:
Over 15 moonstones.
Over 30 sunstones.
At least 10 prism scales.
Recived at least 20 rarecandys. (mosty to get to these levels)
And about 50+ revives. (Both kinds put together)
Not but not yet 0 leftovers.

Can't buy leftovers with BP anymore? I haven't checked. D:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrayzeeGuy (Post 288698)
I'm going to give one of them it, have my friend whittle the non-holding one to red, and then whittle the holding one to red and see what happens.

Ah, ok. Still wonder if it'll become an "infinite". I guess this could work for something that's fast with the Pick Up ability with a berry to boost Attack.