Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   PokéNews (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Pokémon X/Y midnight release at GameStop (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11448)

Cat333Pokémon October 5, 2013 01:01:28 PM

Pokémon X/Y midnight release at GameStop

It appears as though some GameStop stores across the United States will be participating in a midnight release on October 12. If you don't know, a midnight release is where you can pick up a game at midnight instead of the store's usual opening time.

To check if your local GameStop is participating, go here:
GameStop Pokémon X/Y Midnight Launch

Cat333Pokémon October 5, 2013 01:02:30 PM

Looks like the only one near me is on the other side of town, so I'll just wait until the morning.

RotomGuy October 5, 2013 01:18:41 PM

Bwahaha, I get it a day early anyway.

Eagles October 5, 2013 01:42:29 PM

I'm really unsure whether to get X at first. I mean, I just dumped 50 bucks for Windwaker HD, I really don't want do make it 90. But at the same time, I'm probably going to get it anyways, so it doesn't really matter when I spend the money. I dunno, what do you guys think?

TurtwigX October 5, 2013 01:47:47 PM

Midnight release? For a Pokemon game? I know both midnight releases and crowds and this is one thing I don't think I'd do even if someone paid me to. Besides, I got better things to do on Fridays. Like sleep.
Ooh, and the closest location is 10 miles away in a city I've never heard of. Pass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagles (Post 286214)
I'm really unsure whether to get X at first. I mean, I just dumped 50 bucks for Windwaker HD, I really don't want do make it 90. But at the same time, I'm probably going to get it anyways, so it doesn't really matter when I spend the money. I dunno, what do you guys think?

Wait a couple weeks if you have to. I have no problem dropping the $90 I've been saving since January~

Reuniclus October 5, 2013 02:07:27 PM

Looks like I'm able to get Pokémon X Friday night. The nearest Gamestop is 1.6 miles away from my house- and it's the one I usually go to.

Sounds like a great start to Fall Break. :3

kakashidragon October 5, 2013 02:18:00 PM

Highly unlikely i wont be doing this, reasons for this is that a gamestop near me is like 30mins away (a Plan n trade 25mins away) and plus noone will drive me there at midnight just to buy a game.

Yoshi648 October 5, 2013 02:26:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 286209)
Looks like the only one near me is on the other side of town, so I'll just wait until the morning.

This store actually happens to be 3 miles away from me. :p However I'm weird and prefer sleeping during the night so I have full energy to game during the day (that and I didn't pre-order it at GameStop).

Eagles October 5, 2013 02:38:47 PM

I like both to be completely honest. Midnight releases have the excitement of being among the first to play the game and look through it along with the excitement leading up the stores opening. Whereas the morning releases are usually more peaceul and exciting and more fitting for getting a new game. I'm still thinking about it, though.

Magmaster12 October 5, 2013 02:52:10 PM

I'm not a late night person not sure if I'll bother.

TurtwigX October 5, 2013 02:55:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagles (Post 286223)
I like both to be completely honest. Midnight releases have the excitement of being among the first to play the game and look through it along with the excitement leading up the stores opening. Whereas the morning releases are usually more peaceul and exciting and more fitting for getting a new game. I'm still thinking about it, though.

Last time I checked, you don't live in Canada or Italy :P

I prefer day releases. I won't be touching the game until I wake up anyway, so I don't even bother going through the trouble of being surrounded by unknown nerds.

Kirby-Chan October 7, 2013 07:49:08 PM

I never did any midnight release for games or movies. And I don't have a 3DS so I won't do the midnight release.

Sub-zero October 19, 2013 06:59:02 PM

Ours didn't happen due to "gang" activity. Well, probably just wanna-be's stirring up trouble around town. Bunch of punks, ruining Pokemon GLORY.

josegold February 20, 2014 02:31:57 PM

It's about time Pokemon gets the respect it deserves. Far too long has the game been ignored for a midnight release. It has the potential of selling 7-10 million copies worldwide within the first few weeks. I hope there is one near my hometown. I would to pick this up at midnight.