Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   The Media (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   New Sonic Cartoon by MLPFIM Writer (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11275)

Magmaster12 June 15, 2013 05:36:55 PM

Sonic Boom Cartoon Coming Soon

I'm happy to see a new adaption but between this and Teen Titans Go it's really started to get hard for me to enjoy MLP itself hopefully it will turn out good but the guy doesn't have the best credits.

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/06/15/s...-boom-cartoon/

NismoZ June 15, 2013 07:05:27 PM

The only Sonic cartoons I've seen were Sonic Underground and Sonic X; I barely remember anything about the former, and the latter was decent at best. Let's hope this attempt will actually be pulled off well.

Magmaster12 June 15, 2013 07:19:48 PM

You should be happy you don't remember watching Sonic Underground.

Shade June 15, 2013 08:46:11 PM

I've watched Sonic SAT:AM, the original Sonic the Hedgehog [one with Scratch and Grounder] and Sonic X, with SAT:AM being my fave due to how dark it was.

So they wrote the remake of Teen Titans? I hope it doesn't turn out the same.

DiamondEdge June 15, 2013 10:27:41 PM

Why is it I can see Sega employing "Sonic Boom" as the theme-song, redone for a new generation of watchers and gamers*?

Also, from the way of the description as told by the update, the comedic value could make it more up to snuff with Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog rather than Sonic X. Hopefully less deranged, however.

*read as: either "Crush 40 remake" or "Lots and lots of dubstep". Your call.

Cat333Pokémon June 15, 2013 11:51:15 PM

IIRC, Sonic had one terrible cartoon and one awesome cartoon in the early '90s. I know almost nothing else, though.

Quote:

South Park, Frank TV, Scary Movie, and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
One of these is far worse than the others in quality.

Ditto616 June 16, 2013 06:37:57 AM

As a Sonic fan, I welcome a new cartoon. I just hope it ends up being good. Between this and the Nintendo exclusives, this could be just what the Blue Blur needed.

Magmaster12 June 16, 2013 07:38:34 AM

In honor of this announcement I wrote down my thoughts of the other series in my blog along with what I expect.

http://victoryroad.net/showpost.php?...6&postcount=35

TurtwigX June 26, 2013 02:51:42 PM

He did Class of 3000? Well that was something I loved, there's no way I'm not gonna like this. As long as it's nothing like Sonic X. I hated that only for that annoying and unnecessary CHRIS guy.

Magmaster12 October 2, 2013 12:11:54 PM

Well Sega has now confirmed the show and it coming to Cartoon Network.
http://sickr.files.wordpress.com/201...c_tv.jpg?w=604

Oh man the fandom gonna have a party with these new designs :roll:
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-15826...-gonn-5Tpl.gif

TurtwigX October 2, 2013 07:25:17 PM

The fact that it's coming to Cartoon Network makes me sad D: That channel NEVER gets any good shows.

And... just why is Knuckles so THICK? Is that REALLY him? And why does he have FINGERS?

Magmaster12 February 6, 2014 03:35:06 PM

Okay here's a trailer.

TurtwigX February 6, 2014 03:40:35 PM

Not to mention there's also a game coming with.

Now, how do I feel about this? Well:
-Sonic has too many bandages
-Knuckles just makes me feel uncomfortable with his stick legs
-Tails looks perfect'
-I've hated Amy since her voice actor change

So far it's low hopes but I won't judge until I've seen the first episode. But I know the game will be awful now.

NismoZ February 6, 2014 03:55:51 PM

...Oh god, and I was confident that the character updates weren't gonna stick in the game continuity... oh well, it's not like I have a Wii U to play any new Sonic games on anyway (and I wouldn't be willing to buy the scaled-down not-as-good-as-the-console-version 3DS versions). I guess I should have known it would happen given the big Sonic X voice-actor stuff in 2005.

But... still... all that internet backdraft just from the moment the characters' shadows are shown and Sega is convinced that this is the best course of action... wow. You know those Genesis-era Sonic purists who complain all the time about how tall and lanky Sonic has gotten since the Dreamcast? ...Yeah, now I'm complaining about it in Sonic Boom, so that means they're really doing something wrong.

I do have to say that Sonic Boom is brilliantly written though. I could probably get some enjoyment out of it if I listened to it.

Nytz February 7, 2014 04:39:14 AM

as a Sonic fan, I have to say, the designs I could say ehhh to. But I still will give the game a shot and also the tv series a go as far as viewing it.

still... it pains me because with every generation, sonic loses friends. I mean, take the SatAM series. He lost so many people who was beside him, like Sally and the gang, not to mention the game series with Bark the polar bear, fang the weasel, and Bean the duck only appearing in the Sonic the fighters game... let me not get started on Tiara. I have a feeling that this will be a generation where Shadow and silver, or even cream and rouge will feel the same abandonment as past generation characters....

*Sigh* If sonic were a real person, he'd probably be melancholy... with all the friends he made and lost in time....

Magmaster12 February 7, 2014 09:57:12 AM

I really like the new designs the characters look more diverse and detailed now which I think is good.

PokeRemixStudio February 7, 2014 10:30:56 AM

Looks like Knuckles has been skipping leg days at the gym. C'mon Knux, it's not all about upper body strength.

Reuniclus February 7, 2014 10:43:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Why are they wearing bandages over their shoes and hands? I'm not too crazy about the voice acting from the trailer. Also, Knuckles is going to give me nightmares. Why couldn't they just keep Knuckles looking like this? He looks too disproportionate around the arms and legs now.
Attachment 5924
(Not to mention this would probably be his reaction to his new look)

Ayunnuya February 7, 2014 08:56:25 PM

I'm actually really excited for the new Sonic universe. Granted, while the characters look different, it doesn't mean much of anything in the long run. Maybe Knuckles's face could have changed with proportion to his new body, but it's nothing to get upset over.

I really like the new Amy design here too. She seems entirely different from her classic counterpart, sporting ninja like maneuvers and athletic skill. We also haven't heard her voice actress yet, so maybe she could be an entirely different character: more confident, and capable.

Overall, this shows some promise. I'm literally praying that this becomes the Sonic06 we all wanted. Here's to Sega and the new series! Huzzah for the Blue Blur!

Magmaster12 June 10, 2014 02:58:52 PM

Here's the first real trailer and I think this will be pretty good.