Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Minecraft (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Where do you prefer to build? (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10523)

Twiggy September 3, 2012 12:05:35 AM

Where do you prefer to build?

Somewhere close to the town area?
Somewhere deep in the woods?
In some other island or landmass?
Underwater?
Hanging in the middle of nowhere?
Mid-air?

There are a lot of building possibilities with Minecraft. What's your preferred building location, if any?

GreenMan September 3, 2012 12:38:43 AM

Air, away from everyoen where I can be left alone and not bothered by peole moving near or around my house, and I like making it odd or diffcult to get up to my house.

Music September 3, 2012 02:25:13 AM

I like to build wherever the house looks best, I love building big houses with nice designs, usually I build on a beach though.

Shade September 3, 2012 04:53:37 AM

I tend to build underground relatively far from the map's center, usually in an extreme hills biome.

teamplasma September 3, 2012 05:13:30 AM

I build by towns, or where other people have built something. I dont know why, it always seems to work best for me. I also like underground structures so that is another thing I build things.

Quadcentruo September 3, 2012 05:23:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenMan (Post 261094)
Air, away from everyoen where I can be left alone and not bothered by peole moving near or around my house, and I like making it odd or diffcult to get up to my house.

Did you ever take a look at my house before the server reset? It was above the y:128 mark and you needed to run an obstacle course to get to it, and it was in the Extreme Hills biome so consequence for failure on the course meant falling to your death.

I prefer to build things that are a little different than just a standard house; make it a little unique somehow, whether that be making it underground or floating above a jungle is really up to my mindset at the time.

NismoZ September 3, 2012 05:27:52 AM

I prefer to build in the first place I find which is flat with no or little trees. And I'll build it by water if I can. Although when it came to the VR server, I was on it while the map was still temporary, so there was no spawn, so I built in on the closest landmass to x:0 z:0 which was just really convenient since it covered everything I wanted.

Shiny September 6, 2012 05:05:29 PM

I'm not even on the VR server, but I like to build near the water, preferrably a nice looking lake, maybe the ocean. Far away islands are a good place to build too. Actually anything faraway is. c:

TurtwigX September 6, 2012 05:37:09 PM

Although I don't play Minecraft much, I love putting my settlements either far underground or on top of a large mountain. (And if it's not large enough, I'll MAKE it large enough.) I even attempted to do a completely undersea one with a friend once before, since I was jealous of his hidden waterfall house.

Cat333Pokémon September 6, 2012 07:54:49 PM

I just build a generic home to store my chests, away from anyone. I don't really get too fancy or decorative. I prefer mining and hoarding. :p

GreenMan September 6, 2012 09:07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 261689)
I just build a generic home to store my chests, away from anyone. I don't really get too fancy or decorative. I prefer mining and hoarding. :p

Yep I have to agree with anything except the generic home, which actually is what I normally do and then build and upgrade it, or if I feel like it make it something I think is cool.

Twiggy September 6, 2012 10:32:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 261689)

Speaking of being away from anyone, I think I've never seen your house...

Cat333Pokémon September 6, 2012 11:19:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 261699)
Speaking of being away from anyone, I think I've never seen your house...

One of the coordinates (forgot which) is four digits, but I somehow managed to build near someone else by accident.

Twiggy September 7, 2012 09:19:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 261701)
One of the coordinates (forgot which) is four digits, but I somehow managed to build near someone else by accident.

On the new server world, right? Hehe... I think it might be fun to go look for it. Buried?

Reuniclus September 7, 2012 10:28:54 AM

I prefer building in any kind of biome, as long as it isn't a jungle biome (They're too difficult to navigate through IMO). I usually build on Plains since they are usually surrounded by every other type of biome. The house I have on the VR server is also not easy to find, but I'm suspecting someone sneaky was already inside of it recently....

LugiaDialga September 7, 2012 12:05:08 PM

I have this obsession with building in the Desert. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because it feels secluded perhaps? Also, all that sand makes it easier to dig out a hole to build my weird living space into (usually some sort of tower thing), and dig out a moat... I loveee moats for some odd reason.

zsaberslash September 7, 2012 02:07:55 PM

Desert, Plains and Frozen Plains. On occasion I'll build in Taiga. I really hate building in Jungle...

JeffTheKiller September 7, 2012 04:42:49 PM

I always dig into a cavern, use noclip if possible. I then expand the (always small to medium) cavern to include various rooms such as an armory or portal to nether. This takes time however.

Fubab_107 September 7, 2012 04:56:26 PM

I'll often build on the snowy areas away from spawn. Mostly on a mountain if I can.

A'bom September 9, 2012 02:16:27 PM

A plains village. I pick a spot on the fringe of town, then burrow down until I hit a pocket of air/lava/water/mineshaft. Then I evict the current residents and claim the area as my own territory. So, basically, villages and underneath them, preferably in a plains biome.

Eagles September 16, 2012 10:26:24 AM

Hmm... Either in plains or on top of a mountain. I love having a house that's on top of an epic-looking structure and thinking to myself "Yep... I'm a baws"

Blood Swampert September 16, 2012 11:04:12 AM

My living space? A 6x6x4 hole in some god-forsaken wasteland. That's all I need to mine my days away...

Shade September 16, 2012 12:20:04 PM

Lately I've been liking to build into a mountain with a huge forest surrounding it, natural or manmade.