Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Official VR Minecraft Server (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Cat's Official VR Minecraft Server [v1.5.1] (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=8988)

Cat333Pokémon September 6, 2011 05:19:22 PM

Cat's Official VR Minecraft Server [v1.5.1]

Welcome to Victory Road's Minecraft Server

«Server Information»

http://mc.victoryroad.net/multicraft...r=status/1.png
Server Address: mc.victoryroad.net
Minecraft version: 1.5.1
Play mode: Survival
Difficulty: Normal
Player vs Player: Off
Item retention upon death: On for all items and all death types
Server map: http://mc.victoryroad.net
Plugins:
  • Essentials
  • DeathControl
  • Lockette
  • SimpleCensor
  • DCReason
  • Multiverse

«How to Join»

If you would like to join our server, please add your Minecraft username to your profile at About Me > Minecraft ID. You will immediately be added to the whitelist, but you will be placed in a group without building permissions. An administrator may grant you permission to build. Once you are added, open up minecraft, go to multiplayer, click on "Add server", type any name you wish, and in the "server Address" field, type mc.victoryroad.net, then click done. The server should be added to your list, make sure you read the rules below and have fun.

«Rules»

As this server is official and tied with the forum, breaking these rules could lead to infractions against your account.
  • Griefing is not allowed against other users, this includes: Any form of destruction (regardless of reconstruction), item theft, killing or bypassing locks, traps, and walls. If you find someone griefing, please take a screenshot (F2) and report them to moderator.
  • Usage of any modifications or texture packs to locate ores, dungeons or other goods constitutes cheating. You are not allowed to use these for personal gain.
  • Do not destroy any building within the town, which is the spawn area with large walls around it. Building is allowed within certain areas of the town, but please confirm with a moderator before doing any large construction.
  • Significant activity on the forum is required to be whitelisted.
  • Be mature, responsible, and respectful.
  • No profane/insulting language or structures/signs.
  • Listen to moderators and admins.
  • Have fun!

«Basic Commands»

CommandWhat it does
/spawnTeleports you back to town
/backTeleports you back to where you last died
/kit StarterIssues you the basic tools in stone, can be used an unlimited number of times
/sethome [name]Assign a home (coordinates) you can teleport to; [name] is optional
/home [name]Go to a home; [name] is optional

To prevent griefing with anonymous usernames, you are required to own Minecraft in order to use the Victory Road server.
You may buy Minecraft here (€19.95 EU, $26.95 US/CA, Ł16.95 UK). If you need help purchasing Minecraft or lack parents who will allow you to use their credit card, please send Cat a private message here.

Alakazamaster September 7, 2011 06:22:38 AM

Will the server be a Vanilla Server? That is, will there be mods or not? There are some useful mods for multi-player servers such as the ability to lock personal chests and the like, and some of them could be quite useful to keep people from having to hide their stuff.

NismoZ September 7, 2011 06:32:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazamaster (Post 199283)
Will the server be a Vanilla Server?

Seeing this, I doubt it.

Cat333Pokémon September 7, 2011 07:13:15 AM

I'm going to limit how many mods I install, but yes, I will certainly be allowing mods that enhance gameplay.

Ninja September 7, 2011 10:58:36 AM

I'd probably wait a little bit before getting a server up - Chances are you'll want to use a Bukkit server for various plugins to make it more manageable for a community this big, but also 1.8 is not going to be released until at the earliest next Monday, and the new Bukkit server software will come out even later (And it'll probably be quite buggy for a week or so).

SK September 7, 2011 12:06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 199288)
I'm going to limit how many mods I install, but yes, I will certainly be allowing mods that enhance gameplay.

I'd like to request that you don't have block duplication.

Alakazamaster September 7, 2011 12:17:00 PM

I would also be more than willing to go without mods for a while if it meant having the server up faster. Having open chests would be a-ok with me, since I am not half-bad at hiding them!

But yeah, drastic mods would not be my favorites, especially ones like item duplication.

RK-9 September 7, 2011 02:24:53 PM

Wantwantwant in! Ala told me about it and seduced- I mean convinced me into coming!

Whitelist me as Eeeveee, please!

Firo September 7, 2011 02:53:11 PM

Add Pokemobs. Certainly fits with the theme.

Cat333Pokémon September 8, 2011 10:45:38 AM

I did check out Pokémobs and Pixelmon a few days ago. I'll probably test them out for stability purposes first.

Disabling block duplication may be necessary. Personal chests sounds like a very big plus. It'd save the hassle of having to hide them.

I'll also be appointing ops. I'm not sure who was an op on Jared's server, but if anyone knows, please post. (If anyone has already posted by the time you're reading this, please use the Like button or your own reply to confirm they are correct. I don't want to appoint a griefer. ;) And yes, blowing up others' chests to pillage their contents counts as griefing. Never mind, that's not possible.)

So, let's see here:
Simplified Chest Locking
Pokémobs

After looking through the mods Jared had installed, I think these would be nice too:
Remove Explosions
Message of the Day
Disconnect Reason
DeathCounter

Also, SK, are you referring to water/lava duplication?

Yay or nay?

zsaberslash September 8, 2011 11:14:23 AM

If memory serves Umbreon7 and Chibi were ops. And I believe SK's referring to any mods that duplicate any blocks.

SK September 8, 2011 11:54:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 199538)
Also, SK, are you referring to water/lava duplication?

Jared had a mod that let you type in "/more" to get a free stack of any block that you had highlighted in the bottom bar of your screen. Don't get that one. :P

11Trident11 September 8, 2011 12:00:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja (Post 199306)
I'd probably wait a little bit before getting a server up - Chances are you'll want to use a Bukkit server for various plugins to make it more manageable for a community this big, but also 1.8 is not going to be released until at the earliest next Monday, and the new Bukkit server software will come out even later (And it'll probably be quite buggy for a week or so).

USE CANARY, BUKKIT S*CKS! also i suggest the stargate mod like on jareds server and world edit to fix griefing.

Alakazamaster September 8, 2011 12:19:34 PM

Relevant

SK September 8, 2011 12:49:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Trident11 (Post 199548)
USE CANARY, BUKKIT S*CKS! also i suggest the stargate mod like on jareds server and world edit to fix griefing.

Bukkit doesn't suck.

11Trident11 September 8, 2011 05:44:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK (Post 199560)
Bukkit doesn't suck.

canary is still better, even if bukkit doesn't suck

Cat333Pokémon September 8, 2011 10:14:55 PM

If you guys can come to a conclusion with valid reasons why Canary is better than Bukkit or vice versa, I'll choose whichever sounds most appealing.

As for the quoted tweet, what exactly does that mean by "regeneration?" Will the map be effectively wiped, or will it simply have to be fully reloaded?

NismoZ September 9, 2011 05:18:34 AM

According to rando, it'll regenerate unedited land (i.e. the land outside of the main area of houses around spawn, etc.).

Or at least that's what I think he was saying; it was in a completely different context <_<

umbreon7 September 9, 2011 01:54:13 PM

Vanilla is probably your best choice.
Some useful plugins would be
/cprivating and /lwc- they allow you to lock chests, dispensers, furnaces, doors, trapdoors, etc. using /cprivate, then you can use /cmodify to add people to the chest permissions. and you can also lock them with passwords and then just tell your friend the password.

Messaging-This allows people to use /msg *playername* and converse with them privately.

Channels- This puts channels in chat. So if many people are doing several things in small groups, they can just type /ch local and they will only hear the people within their small area. and then /ch g to return to "global chat". There can also be various other channels

Homesetting- you can use /home set to create your own personal spawn point that you can /invite *name* people to. and when you die you respawn there. and if you type /home you tp to there.

World Edit- if you want to have fun cat. It doesn't really do anything important. I'm not sure if it has rollback on it but if it does then definately get it, you can practically rollback anything that happened in a specific area. Good for undoing greifing or retards building where their not supposed to.

Protections- these are nice, if you want to preserve some things so no one can touch them ever.

Some fun ones are

Riding- allows a mod to ride mobs and other players

Chess- allows those given permission to play actual chess in minecraft. the board is like 50x50 i think. each square is a 5x5 square and the pieces are enlarged. It's fairly simple to use and pretty cool.

/Jumpto- Allows people with given permission to point to a spot and type /jumpto and they are teleported to the nearest flat surface at that spot.

Advanced tp/warps- allows people with permission to tp to players and tp players to other players and allows people with permission to warp to public warps and even their own private warps (if given permission to create them)

Ranks- This allows you to promote different users to different ranks, and makes it much easier to deal with permissions. You can set each rank group to have certain permissions and simply type in chat something like "/rank *user* *rank name*" and they have all permissions given to that rank.

I highly doubt you want to add all of these. Could possibly lag the hell outta the server. But just some suggestions. You will however have to wait for it all to update. And i don't know the exact names of the plugins. Just what they are called in game and what they do.

Bukkit is limited and i've never heard of a canary server so i doubt it's very good.
Vanilla has a much wider range of possibilities with plugins. Plus some single player mods can be rewired to work in a Vanilla server fairly easily. Anyway. Can't wait for your server.

RK-9 September 9, 2011 03:21:47 PM

Vanilla=/=Commands, or anything to make life easier

Bukkit is very UN-limited; people nowadays make everything good. Get a cross between "Vanilla" and Bukkit, I guess.

Chibi September 10, 2011 11:14:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsaberslash (Post 199544)
If memory serves Umbreon7 and Chibi were ops. And I believe SK's referring to any mods that duplicate any blocks.

I wasn't aware that Umbreon7 was one. But yes, I was. And it was a moderator only, not an op. I only had the power to kick/ban someone from the server, because Jared was still working on finding the permissions for changing the time, etc.

umbreon7 September 10, 2011 03:03:02 PM

I was only a Global Mod on the website, rest it's soul lol.

Cat333Pokémon September 11, 2011 10:57:05 AM

I'm just going to make sure everyone knows. The server will not be up until 1.8 is officially released. I'm sure anyone who has tested 1.8 enough sees some of the pretty critical bugs (notably with furnaces, crafting tables, and map generation) that could cause problems with the server.

SK September 11, 2011 05:47:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 200651)
I'm just going to make sure everyone knows. The server will not be up until 1.8 is officially released. I'm sure anyone who has tested 1.8 enough sees some of the pretty critical bugs (notably with furnaces, crafting tables, and map generation) that could cause problems with the server.

Yep, definitely wait for the bugs to get fixed. I'm glad they did a pre-release, though.

By the way, I think we should make a spawn town - maybe you pop up in the town center and then go from there. We could have small buildings around...one for crafting/furnaces, one for storage (you could grab some "starting items" from there), and then maybe some fun ones like little houses or bars or something. And then maybe no building near spawn town for like a 150 block radius? Just to keep it clean around there. Just a thought. :P

SK September 14, 2011 03:39:56 AM

<Excuse the double post, but you guys aren't talking. :P>

Yeah, looks like 1.8 is officially out. Can't wait for the server to go up! :3

RotomGuy September 14, 2011 08:18:38 AM

I'll be joining. I also agree with the spawn town stuffz!

Ninja September 14, 2011 09:42:56 AM

Looks like Bukkit won't be updated for a bit (They're only now getting a test build ready) so I can't foresee a server for maybe a day or two. As for Bukkit vs Canary, Bukkit is more widely recognised and generally more trusted due to the fact that the Bukkit team work fairly closely with Mojang. Also, from experience, I'd use Bukkit over Canary.

Alakazamaster September 14, 2011 10:30:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja (Post 201560)
Looks like Bukkit won't be updated for a bit (They're only now getting a test build ready) so I can't foresee a server for maybe a day or two. As for Bukkit vs Canary, Bukkit is more widely recognised and generally more trusted due to the fact that the Bukkit team work fairly closely with Mojang. Also, from experience, I'd use Bukkit over Canary.

I am more than willing to go without mods for a few days if it means playing 1.8 with people from the forums. : D

Hiding chests for a couple of days should not be an issue.

Aquablast September 14, 2011 11:06:00 AM

If I made a Minecraft I will check out the VR one for a fact. My cousin told me Minecraft is awesome so I will try it.

Cat333Pokémon September 14, 2011 12:42:31 PM

I'm thinking I might put the server up as mod-free for the first few days (warning: possible griefing, so don't get too much into a project!), then I'll start a new world (with the old world available for download) once the mods go up.

BlackRayquaza September 14, 2011 03:09:40 PM

What's the IP? :\

11Trident11 September 14, 2011 06:39:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja (Post 201560)

well to counter that, even though canary, doesn't update quicky, it gives more options without needing plugins, is sucessor of hmod, and is extremely simple, yet can still preform complex functions.

Cat333Pokémon September 14, 2011 10:16:33 PM

Again, I would like to remind anyone that the server still needs to be setup, and I make absolutely no guarantees on its quality for about 5-10 more days. The connection will be flaky, and it may lag a bit with many users. Due to waiting for some of the good mods to be verified and updated for 1.8, as well as Bukkit itself needing a full update, it could be a week or two more before the server is fully ready (at least until 1.9). There are also no guarantee of anti-griefing measures beyond standard op/admin powers until then. With this said, I will be quite lenient on griefing for now, but please don't go raiding others' chests or destroying their land.

Please have patience. I'm doing the best I can with this, and I want to ensure the best experience for all fellow Minecraft players.

Edit: As 1.8.1 has just been released, there may be slight additional delay.

Cat333Pokémon September 15, 2011 03:26:48 PM

This is a double post to say the server is currently up and running, but it is currently being tested. I do not yet have a static IP, nor do I have any mods installed.

MotD is included with 1.8, and the whitelist is currently functional. Please be sure to post in the other thread if you haven't and would like access once it's ready.

RK-9 September 15, 2011 04:15:34 PM

How would one, say... get access to testing the server?

Cat333Pokémon September 15, 2011 04:24:17 PM

At the moment, you cannot, but you may be able to during the second round of testing.

RotomGuy September 15, 2011 10:25:34 PM

I'll be around waiting for the testing to be available :D
BtW, you might want to get mob disguise to help the ops to spy on griefers.

Cat333Pokémon September 16, 2011 11:00:05 PM

Bukkit is currently working, but it seems to lag when more than two people connect via Internet. LAN seems unaffected, so it's definitely my connection. I'll talk with KYA about leaving the computer over at his house.

Here is my release wave schedule:

Wave 1: Setting up permissions and confirming the system is working correctly
Wave 2: Letting more people on for gray-/white-hat hacking and testing (looking for security holes and glitches)
Wave 3: Allowing the whitelisted people to check out the server (in limited-sized groups) and make sure it works well for them
Wave 4: Physically moving the server and assigning a static IP, connection testing
Wave 5: Public release

Currently, I'm near the end of Wave 1 and about to enter Wave 2. I predict Wave 5 should be ready by September 25.

If you would like to be a Wave 2 and/or 4 tester, please make a post here with a reason why. If you are selected, you will receive a PM. History of griefing will automatically discount you from being eligible for any testing before Wave 5.

Alakazamaster September 17, 2011 02:07:12 AM

I would be interested in testing during Waves 2 and 4. I am all for getting the server up and running with as little lag and as quickly as possible, and would definitely be willing to lend a hand. I was also one of the main players on the old server, and intend to keep up that reputation on this server!

Ninja September 17, 2011 03:02:47 AM

I'd like to test during wave 2 - Getting past security holes and finding bugs is kinda my speciality, and on previous public servers I have found quite a few ways of getting places that I shouldn't be (And I reported them, of course).

11Trident11 September 17, 2011 05:17:12 AM

i'd like to be in the wave 2 and wave 4 testing, since i run a server myself for me and my friends irl, and i'm constantly trying to fix their problems, so i have seen many problems myself that i could help with.

RK-9 September 17, 2011 08:36:23 AM

I claim wave two tester! I'm really wise with bukkit etc
and I can make some houses for the public!

RotomGuy September 17, 2011 12:21:27 PM

Claiming tester for wave 2! :D

SK September 17, 2011 05:31:10 PM

I think I'll just wait until Wave 5 - already have a server that my friends and I have to get started. ;)

11Trident11 September 17, 2011 05:56:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK (Post 202707)
I think I'll just wait until Wave 5 - already have a server that my friends and I have to get started. ;)

hmph i had the same thing, but don't forget vr, because when i came back from setting up my server jared shut down his

SK September 17, 2011 08:11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Trident11 (Post 202713)
hmph i had the same thing, but don't forget vr, because when i came back from setting up my server jared shut down his

He's not gonna close it the day he releases it to the public... xD

Cat333Pokémon September 17, 2011 11:05:48 PM

Alright, seems like it has been working, so Wave 2 should be ready today. If not, I'll try to see about doing it at odd hours over the next three days. I'm just a bit busy (and was busy yesterday as well), and I have class on Monday through Wednesday.

Again, I really would like to apologize to everyone for taking a long time with this.

I would like to say that getting the server on the network was fun because I completely forgot that the modem had a router in it, so I had to port-forward two routers.

zsaberslash September 18, 2011 01:16:34 AM

I'd like to sign up for Wave 2/4 testing. I helped you when you first had the idea of a MC server.

JC September 19, 2011 10:02:15 PM

Ah, the world's not that bad HOWEVER, I think the world should be used as testing area, Cat was planning the Town grounds and it was over the spawn which is protected EXCEPT from OPs.

Cat333Pokémon September 19, 2011 10:17:25 PM

I'll be trying to move it once it nears release if we keep the same world. I'm kind of thinking we will, but I may take away some of the extra items (there will be a limit on what I allow the give command for; if you want a diamond pickaxe, you're gonna have to find diamonds).

Alakazamaster September 20, 2011 05:22:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 203803)
I'll be trying to move it once it nears release if we keep the same world. I'm kind of thinking we will, but I may take away some of the extra items (there will be a limit on what I allow the give command for; if you want a diamond pickaxe, you're gonna have to find diamonds).

Can we just not use the /give command whatsoever? It kind of tampers with the worth of items, especially when trading with people.

zsaberslash September 20, 2011 05:37:14 AM

I suggest only using /give for Sponges. And to repair stuff after someone griefs.

JC September 20, 2011 06:27:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazamaster (Post 203838)
Can we just not use the /give command whatsoever? It kind of tampers with the worth of items, especially when trading with people.

THIS ------------^

/give ruins the game, I'm sorry Cat but, don't give people /give.

RotomGuy September 20, 2011 07:53:11 AM

Where's the IP? :3

zsaberslash September 20, 2011 08:03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RotomGuy (Post 203863)
Where's the IP? :3

63.532.332.86, if you looked in the first post you'll have seen it.

EDIT: Because people don't realise that this post is a joke, I shall say this: This post is a joke. The IP is a fake. Cat's only given the IP to the people on the first post of the whitelist topic. Even if you did have the IP anyway, you can't access it unless you're on the whitelist.

JC September 20, 2011 08:16:35 AM

I have the IP, but it's up to Cat to share it.
Also, only the people on the whitelist is allowed on.

11Trident11 September 21, 2011 05:50:05 PM

i say have a normal rank and a builder rank for those who want /give

RK-9 September 21, 2011 05:59:54 PM

Or instead of /give features, creative mode?

JC September 21, 2011 06:28:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RK-9 (Post 204458)
Or instead of /give features, creative mode?

Cat tested that on my own personal server, he said NO WAY there will be a creative mode.

e: maybe we can see if he can make a second world or something like that for creative play. (same server just a different world)

11Trident11 September 21, 2011 07:12:23 PM

awn that means no canary...

JC September 21, 2011 07:21:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Trident11 (Post 204552)
awn that means no canary...

the server's been using bukkit this whole time, Cat's just waiting on a recommended build to be released.

Cat333Pokémon September 21, 2011 08:51:06 PM

Might be able to skip Wave 2 and go straight to Wave 3. I was going to launch Wave 2 tomorrow (Thursday), but Wave 3 seems possible late Friday, probably Saturday.

Edit: 1.9 is already almost out, so Wave 2 will be after that occurs.

JC September 22, 2011 08:03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 204566)
Might be able to skip Wave 2 and go straight to Wave 3. I was going to launch Wave 2 tomorrow (Thursday), but Wave 3 seems possible late Friday, probably Saturday.

Edit: 1.9 is already almost out, so Wave 2 will be after that occurs.

Of course we need everybody that plays Minecraft, currently to keep their Minecraft at 1.8.1 until Bukkit releases a 1.9 compatible Craftbukkit server.

Cat333Pokémon September 22, 2011 11:17:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notch
We'll do a 1.9 pre-release today, and a full release after feedback. More Adventure Mode content will come in 1.10, we're splitting it up!

http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/116848037707513856

So yeah, we're sticking with 1.8.1 for now. I don't exactly want to put a really unstable version up. I actually have an idea. Just don't build anything in the Nether. That way, I'll be able to easily delete that so we can have it generate a fresh Nether for 1.9.

JC September 22, 2011 06:06:39 PM

Well anyways. I got the server plugins in the plugins board that I used (before giving the server software to Cat) as my personal server was a major testing.

Cat333Pokémon September 25, 2011 06:05:09 PM

The server has now entered Wave 3! Many thanks to KYA for hosting it. Now we should be able to have more than one person online without it slowing to an absolute crawl. :)

Wave 4, where I let most of the people who posted in the whitelist thread on, should be in a few days. Be sure to report any bugs or security holes.

To connect, use the domain zorua.co.cc with port 333. So, enter this in Minecraft:
Code:

zorua.co.cc:333

JC September 25, 2011 07:08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 205665)
The server has now entered Wave 3! Many thanks to KYA for hosting it. Now we should be able to have more than one person online without it slowing to an absolute crawl. :)

Wave 4, where I let most of the people who posted in the whitelist thread on, should be in a few days. Be sure to report any bugs or security holes.

To connect, use the domain zorua.co.cc with port 333. So, enter this in Minecraft:
Code:

zorua.co.cc:333

it's faster and smoother looks like.

Cat333Pokémon September 26, 2011 11:26:42 PM

I've gone ahead and banned the most annoying auto-griefers (that is, the Endermen) by setting the difficulty to peaceful. I will put it back up to easy when 1.9 is installed, where the Endermen won't be able to damage structures.

SK September 27, 2011 03:39:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 205991)
I've gone ahead and banned the most annoying auto-griefers (that is, the Endermen) by setting the difficulty to peaceful. I will put it back up to easy when 1.9 is installed, where the Endermen won't be able to damage structures.

Shouldn't you just make a creative server then?

JC September 27, 2011 06:48:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK (Post 206000)
Shouldn't you just make a creative server then?

actually in creative, you can remove bedrock, so yeah, I don't think Cat will do that.

Pwesty September 27, 2011 07:45:04 AM

Yeah, and creative just makes griefing easier anyway.

JC September 27, 2011 02:55:54 PM

anyways, two portals now exists now and they're relatively close to each other in the Nether.

however, we need to have a community Portal as well guys... just saying.

Cat333Pokémon September 27, 2011 05:22:32 PM

I don't really want people to just be able to abuse the ability to give themselves unlimited items.

Jared September 27, 2011 08:32:25 PM

Posted this in the SimpleChestLock thread too:

You may want to look into http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec...556-1185.4336/

Lockette is a little bit like SimpleChestLock yet has a lot more features which makes sharing chests a lot easier. You can use lockette to have only certain users access chests, furnaces, dispensers, and doors. Lockette can also be used with the Permissions plug-in to have certain groups such as Admins only able to open a certain door or chest.

By default all OPS on the server can override locks.

JC September 28, 2011 02:04:53 PM

Built a community Portal anyways, since the rest of the Nether is going to be deleted when 1.9 comes out.

SK September 28, 2011 02:30:35 PM

Can't wait until wave 4. :3

Cat333Pokémon September 29, 2011 01:19:03 AM

I decided it would be best to move my home out of the spawn area, as that zone is not only locked but the first thing seen upon spawning and initial login. Instead, a city center of sorts may be more appropriate.

We've also got the railway working properly, including some roller coaster features, with much thanks to KYA and Chibi.

I now live next 'door' to Shade.

R2P September 29, 2011 05:30:50 AM

Minecraft with friends FTW.

Jared September 29, 2011 07:31:17 AM

Cat whitelist faster! Haha, can't wait to get on and build, I consider myself a skilled builder :p

JC September 29, 2011 07:38:18 AM

needs to be whatever phase that you are going to be allowed in, also Cat's taking his time

Cat333Pokémon September 29, 2011 12:46:05 PM

Wave 4 begins Saturday!

And yes, I'm taking my time because there are still some things need to be finished: some bugs with things like the chests (can't have folks stealing items, after all), organization of rules, and finishing the town center.

1.9 may delay Wave 5. Speaking of updates, though, there are chances (and yes, I'll post in this thread if I do anything like that) that the server could be shut down if an update causes major issues or mod breakage.

Jared October 7, 2011 02:30:02 PM

Glad you decided to put in Lockette ;3

Cat333Pokémon October 7, 2011 08:42:50 PM

Yeah. As for the delays in the whitelist, I've been quite busy and depressed lately. I hope to be able to setup the whitelist with more users soon.

Cat333Pokémon October 18, 2011 09:57:29 PM

Alright, here's the real reason why I'm taking so long with the whitelist: I want to have a sense of security by "verifying" everyone who joins and allocating appropriate moderators, but I have been extremely busy with site projects, school, and family stuff and haven't had a lot of time to even play Minecraft. I also want to keep a close watch on the server resources and not have fifteen people flood the server only to have it lock up in minutes. Therefore, I will steadily stream folks (yeah, there will be some bias) until everyone is added.

Cat333Pokémon October 30, 2011 01:59:43 PM

We had the first official corruption on the server this morning. One chunk (thankfully, in the middle of nowhere) was causing loading errors and the server seed was different. The chunk has been regenerated and the seed has been reset.

We also took this time to bring to you the /home and /sethome commands. You can use these commands to assign homes that you can instantly teleport to. To use them:
/sethome [name] - Assign a home (your current coordinates)
/home [name] - Go to a home

You can also assign a home with no name at all.

JC November 10, 2011 10:02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 212947)
We had the first official corruption on the server this morning. One chunk (thankfully, in the middle of nowhere) was causing loading errors and the server seed was different. The chunk has been regenerated and the seed has been reset.

We also took this time to bring to you the /home and /sethome commands. You can use these commands to assign homes that you can instantly teleport to. To use them:
/sethome [name] - Assign a home (your current coordinates)
/home [name] - Go to a home

You can also assign a home with no name at all.

so basically /spawn and /home interesting. this might cause the server/clients a bit of lag though.

Cat333Pokémon November 11, 2011 08:05:34 PM

Yeah, there is some noticeable lag and occasional "falling" into the void, but it otherwise seems functional.

Cat333Pokémon November 22, 2011 09:06:52 PM

There will be a migration soon to a new server. KYA has obtained a much nicer one that should work much better than our current one.

Kinda coincidentally and convenient that it times with waiting for Bukkit to update?

JC November 22, 2011 10:20:34 PM

yeah, Bukkit's updated, but the build is not it's recommended build yet.

also use an OS that would dedicate most of it's RAM on the MC server

umbreon7 November 23, 2011 04:40:32 PM

Well I'd love to play when you put me on the list. So whenever I've been screened in gimme a shout.

Cat333Pokémon November 24, 2011 02:52:21 PM

Will do. For now, the server is off until the migration.

Cat333Pokémon November 28, 2011 10:13:59 PM

Alright, the new server seems to be setup. I just need to migrate some stuff from the old one, then I'll let a few testers on. After the full thing is out, time for the waves again, and this time, given this server can handle it, we should be able to let folks on faster.

JC November 28, 2011 10:16:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 219516)
Alright, the new server seems to be setup. I just need to migrate some stuff from the old one, then I'll let a few testers on. After the full thing is out, time for the waves again, and this time, given this server can handle it, we should be able to let folks on faster.

Nice, I would remove admincmd/permissions and put in essentials though, it's kind of nice to use, if you'd think in all regards, dev-bukkit (Craftbukkit build 1530) is a nice and stable right now though.

KingOfKYA December 7, 2011 08:50:30 PM

You jealous (here is out world map)

http://mc.victoryroad.net/

JC December 7, 2011 08:57:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingOfKYA (Post 220988)
You jealous (here is out world map)

http://mc.victoryroad.net/

lol not really, I have a dozen servers I can go on at anytime, If I want.

e: Also how much RAM is dedicated to the server?

KingOfKYA December 7, 2011 09:29:42 PM

its a vm that has 8gb and 4 core cpu. The real server is a 2x quad xenon with 48gb of ram attached to a san that gets 10gbs harddisk transfer.

JC December 7, 2011 09:39:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingOfKYA (Post 220990)
its a vm that has 8gb and 4 core cpu. The real server is a 2x quad xenon with 48gb of ram attached to a san that gets 10gbs harddisk transfer.

if what you said is correct.. then you have a maximum of 160 players.

e:if so, I would put this number at 150 players. just to allow Bukkit the room to use the unused dedicated RAM for it, for plugins.
(basically 50mb per player slot)

JC December 12, 2011 03:19:51 PM

Recommended build: http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/1597/

Cat333Pokémon December 12, 2011 03:49:13 PM

Alrighty, we'll be getting it setup over the next two days. Nobody new until my class is over, though (which will be Wednesday).

Jared December 14, 2011 05:06:37 PM

I've been waiting forever and a half, go public already ;3