Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   PokéNews (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Pokkén Tournament Confirmed for Japanese Arcades (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11767)

Cat333Pokémon August 26, 2014 10:15:10 AM

Pokkén Tournament Confirmed for Japanese Arcades

The Pokémon Company International has revealed that the rumored Pokkén Tournament, a crossover between Pokémon and Tekken, will be coming to Japanese arcades sometime in 2015. No information has yet been posted regarding its release outside of Japan.

As can be seen in the video, Lucario and Machamp duke it out in a one-on-one fighting environment focused on the duel between the two.

The previous video simply showed Lucario and Blaziken standing in a fighting formation on a city street.

Source: Pokémon.com: A New Collaboration from Pokémon and TEKKEN!

Cat333Pokémon August 26, 2014 10:16:47 AM

Very interesting indeed. I look forward to seeing more about this, and I predict a console release soon after its arcade release. Arcades are all but dead in the United States, at least. I also am willing to bet this will be the first Pokémon title to get a "T" rating from the ESRB.

Also, it's a pain typing "Pokkén." I keep typing it as "Pokkémon."

Dragonite August 26, 2014 12:44:28 PM

So I'm getting that this is sort of like a Super Smash Bros. custom-fit to Pokémon? (I'm not familiar with Tekken.)

kakashidragon August 26, 2014 12:58:25 PM

Tekken is like Street Fighter but more harder with button combos

Magmaster12 August 26, 2014 06:11:28 PM

I'm excited here is my character wish list.
Wish List    
Charizard
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Clefable
Golduck
Gengar
Kangaskhan
Kabutops
Mewtwo
Blaziken
Breloom
Sceptile
Infernape
Lopunny
Weavile
Emboar
Zoroark
Krookodile
Wigglytuff
Alakazam
Poliwrath
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Heracross
Deoxys
Toxicroak
Gallade
Genesect
Darkrai
Conkeldurr
Sawk
Throh
Leavanny
Excadrill
Bisharp
Greninja
Hawlucha

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 28, 2014 05:40:37 AM

This kind of reminds me of Pokemon Type Wild, have you guys heard or played it? It's a fan-made Pokemon Fighting game, it's loads of fun but kind of confusing since a lot of it is in japanese and it's played on a keyboard. Anyways, this looks really awesome and helluva lot better than Pokemon Type Wild! T

he only thing is that I hope they expand this to more than an arcade game, and if it goes to consoles, more than just Wii U. Its very unlikely, but I wish they'd expand some of their Nintendo games to other consoles if it was possible. But like Tekken was for the Xbox too, and if it's a collaboration.. it's possible maybe! Idk I'm just wishing..

Sub-zero August 28, 2014 10:59:23 AM

I never played Tekken because 3D fighters are just kind of awkward to me (although I know how well balanced can be) but this Pokemon fighting game is weird. Weird in that I dunno if they're gonna go for a Wii U release only. Probably so, but this kind of has a possibility of going third party..

Edit: I just noticed Phantom said the same thing, lol. Have this thing multi-console!! I'd rather play it on my PS3 controller because better controls. Wait... I forgot the PS3 is "old gen."

Cat333Pokémon August 28, 2014 11:55:42 AM

I doubt Nintendo would expand beyond their own consoles. Don't forget that much of their business model is in console sales. Even if they don't profit immediately, they will over time. I don't think they want flagship titles selling Xbox Ones and PS4s. :P

As for Type: Wild, it was okay but was also fairly glitchy and difficult to manage at times. It also felt like a cheap Pokémon-only M.U.G.E.N. clone.

Sub-zero August 31, 2014 01:51:02 AM

Nah, I figured they won't. But that'd be neat. :3 Sweet controls, good online, and fanboys annoyed about a "kids" game going into the fighting genre on "adult consoles."

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 31, 2014 07:27:40 AM

I think I'm just biased on wanting it for the Xbox One cause it's the only new gen console that I have besides for the handheld 3DS. It'd be cool if they brought this to the 3DS too though, this is pretty neat!

kakashidragon September 3, 2014 10:58:54 AM

Serebii kinda gave an update to this, but i did see something interesting in the paragraph: "Mega Evolution a major factor in the game" So im thinking that all the pokemon in the game will Mega Evolve? Maybe even Machamp?