Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Music and Audio (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   R/B/Y Trainer Midi Remix (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=9142)

Yoshizard September 30, 2011 07:59:35 PM

R/B/Y Trainer Midi Remix

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. I made a midi remix of the Kanto Wild Pokemon battle theme a while ago, and would like some feedback on it. It is my first 100% custom midi sequence. Tell me what you think of the arrangement. Any feedback is welcome, including negative.

Twiggy October 17, 2011 03:49:16 AM

Overall, pretty nice. But there seems to be some kind of volume balance issue... The trumpets seem to be too quiet in the beginning part of the music. Also, some of the music sound like it's going off-key. Is it just me?

That said, I wonder what's up next?

Yoshizard October 19, 2011 07:08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophiuchus (Post 210573)
Overall, pretty nice. But there seems to be some kind of volume balance issue... The trumpets seem to be too quiet in the beginning part of the music. Also, some of the music sound like it's going off-key. Is it just me?

That said, I wonder what's up next?

Thanks.
What part sounds off key? I don't really hear it.

Twiggy October 20, 2011 07:21:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshizard (Post 210984)
Thanks.
What part sounds off key? I don't really hear it.

I think I'll just tell you my full opinion about your remix.

Great choice of instruments, but don't you think that marimba could be substituted for something with a little bit more... "oomph"?

The quieter part is quite jarring...

The bass sounds disappointing. I think synth bass isn't quite suitable for this kind of song, if you're going to use trumpets.

The trumpets, as I said, are too quiet. Also, I wonder whether you could make it go with the main melody?

The percussion is good, but... I wonder whether you have tried having the percussion change positions?

I see that there seems to be a lot of instruments used in the MIDI file, but some of them seem to be underused. The French horn, English horn, rock organ and orchestra hit seem to be the underdogs of this song.

...You're right, nothing's off-key. Maybe I'm just too used to official remixes.

(Seems like the whole song is mono...)

Yoshizard October 20, 2011 03:03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ (Post 211026)
I think I'll just tell you my full opinion about your remix.

Great choice of instruments, but don't you think that marimba could be substituted for something with a little bit more... "oomph"?

The quieter part is quite jarring...

The bass sounds disappointing. I think synth bass isn't quite suitable for this kind of song, if you're going to use trumpets.

The trumpets, as I said, are too quiet. Also, I wonder whether you could make it go with the main melody?

The percussion is good, but... I wonder whether you have tried having the percussion change positions?

I see that there seems to be a lot of instruments used in the MIDI file, but some of them seem to be underused. The French horn, English horn, rock organ and orchestra hit seem to be the underdogs of this song.

...You're right, nothing's off-key. Maybe I'm just too used to official remixes.

(Seems like the whole song is mono...)

Oh wow! Thank you!
This is the kind of feedback I need. Everybody is too afraid to tell me what they really think. I'm going to go work on it.