Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Debate (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Band or Chorus (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=8436)

Aquablast June 24, 2011 06:44:22 AM

Band or Chorus

Which one do you prefer Band or Chorus or neither or both? I been in Band since the 5th grade and doing Marching Band for High School so I am in for Band.

7dewott8 June 24, 2011 08:20:21 AM

Band is funnr because you actualy get to hold somthng

mariothecellist June 24, 2011 12:41:17 PM

Band for one year
Marching Band for one year
Choir next year
Orchestra (even though it's not listed) for seven years

And I love it all!

Sphinx June 25, 2011 06:26:11 PM

I hate choir. Totally. I can't sing.
I hate band too. Not because I don't like playing music, because I LOVED playing saxophone, but the thing that ruined it for me was that my teacher was a ****** that hated me just because my friend misbehaved.

MaRcHiNg12step June 25, 2011 07:09:25 PM

I've been in band 4 years (clarinet baby) and marching for 2 (hint the user name and location) so band is my choice

.name//Technomancer June 25, 2011 08:06:32 PM

No to this whole thread.

School bands typically suck at actually playing, since they rely on everyone around them to play better and louder than one in question, hoping the poorly-tuned instrument will be drowned out...

And Choir for the same reason.

On top of that, everyone who has participated in either seems to gain an elitist ego towards music. "DERR I WUZ IN BEND SO I NO MUSC SO GTFO"

Here's an idea kids: Go pick up an instrument you like and play that. In the manner you see fit. In the way you want. And who you want to play with. Hell, I've been playing bass [Four-string] since I was twelve, and I get better progressively, as well as being able to play openly, not hoping nobody will notice how terrible I am and that they hear how awful everyone else is around me.

SyracuvatTenlii July 12, 2011 08:59:46 PM

That's a difficult decision. I come from both worlds. Choir is somewhat easier, but band can be more rewarding. I switched from band to choir because MY band was just downhill fast with diminishing quality, drama (not the good kind), and issues with the director's health. Choir is showing a lot more promise.

PHANTOMxTRAINER July 12, 2011 10:17:46 PM

Im in chorus for school, so i guess ill go with chorus

MaRcHiNg12step July 12, 2011 10:21:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 170057)
Im in chorus for school, so i guess ill go with chorus

Squirtle102 July 13, 2011 01:08:50 AM

I can sing and play the Clarinet. So both. Totally.

GuildmasterWigglytuff July 15, 2011 06:36:31 PM

I prefer band because I just don't think I can sing and I don't like singing in public. Sometimes when people catch me singing, they tell my that I have a good voice. I am not courageous to sing in front of people. Plus, being a band geek is kinda fun. I was born into being a band person. My mom and my dad both played trumpet. They handed me a trumpet and I played and played, I began to prefer band over singing then.

The Tropius of Tropiuses July 16, 2011 10:33:33 AM

Band, mainly because you don't have to sing. :P