Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Minecraft (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Minecraft General Discussion (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11682)

Reuniclus April 24, 2014 07:48:52 PM

Minecraft General Discussion

I don't know if a general discussion thread exists, but I'll make one anyway.

In my recent discoveries, I found out that arrows actually stick to you if you're hit by one.

I thought it was cool until I saw an arrow stuck in my butt. :oops:

MattyBrollic April 24, 2014 07:56:19 PM

Wow

SpikyEaredPichu96 April 24, 2014 07:59:09 PM

I've seen them stuck in stranger places; I once saw one stuck in a player's chin, pointing up like it'd been shot from right below him.

Dragonite April 24, 2014 08:03:37 PM

1. Go into a Skeleton dungeon.
2. Kill the skeletons.
3. hit E
4. Laugh
5. Repeat

So, has anyone ever found a mushroom island? Been searching for one for a little bit now, no such luck : /

Cat333Pokémon April 25, 2014 12:45:10 AM

Nope, haven't seen a mushroom island, not even in a creative world while flying around. I haven't seen any mesas yet, either, nor any of that biome with the ice spires.

Dragonite April 25, 2014 04:13:07 AM

I spawned in a mesa once, but aside from the funny colored ground and a single tree there wasn't that much I could make use of and I think I deleted it :P

Reuniclus April 25, 2014 09:24:49 AM

I spawned quite close to a mesa in the first world I made since the most recent update. I built my house on top of one of the big clay hills. :3

GreenMan April 25, 2014 02:29:07 PM

Since starting a new world I haven't found a single Village or any of the stuff from the new updates. In anouther world I keep finding emeralds and it's crazy.

Reuniclus April 25, 2014 04:38:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenMan (Post 293111)
Since starting a new world I haven't found a single Village or any of the stuff from the new updates. In anouther world I keep finding emeralds and it's crazy.

Really? I've already found 2 villages in my world, yet I can't find any emeralds underground. Oh, and I found a horse, but I didn't have a saddle. :-|

GreenMan April 26, 2014 01:27:53 PM

Yeah, no villages but skelletons keep dropping gold armor that's enchanted.

Reuniclus April 26, 2014 02:44:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is news to me, you can find wild melons growing in jungles.

SpikyEaredPichu96 April 27, 2014 04:45:22 PM

So I just played lorgon111's Minecraft Bingo map with my brother. I won, but it got pretty close in the end; all he needed was Mushroom Stew. It was pretty laggy, but I think it has more to do with our computers than with the map itself.

Dragonite April 28, 2014 04:23:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I learned that someone had made a Minecraft clone for the DS.

Doesn't do much, as far as I can tell there's no way to break blocks or anything and there are no mobs or anything and the project is on "indefinite hiatus," but the idea is sort of cool.

Edit: oh yeah and here's the link in case anyone else wants to try it out.

Cat333Pokémon April 28, 2014 11:10:02 AM

That reminds me of all those "lite" versions of Minecraft, such at the Raspberry Pi version, or Minecraft 4K.

kakashidragon April 28, 2014 07:15:53 PM

The 3ds needs something like that. Be cool to play MC on the DS

Dragonite April 28, 2014 07:35:39 PM

Only thing is the (3)DS doesn't have as many buttons as other controllers or a keyboard. You have the D-Pad for moving around, you need something to tilt up and down, hit something, place a block, jump, and preferably sneak or sprint. Inventory and Pause could theoretically be put on the bottom screen.

The DS clone that I played had a few options for controls and didn't actually hit stuff (as far as I could tell) and it was still awkward.

Or maybe they could use the gyroscope to handle tilt up and tilt down? Playing that in a car or plane or train or something would be even better than Mario Kart 8)

Shade April 28, 2014 09:17:32 PM

There was a Minecraft clone for the PSP called Lamecraft that worked rather well. It had a limited world size [like the mobile version] but the controls were very solid and it was perfectly playable. And the 3DS has around the same number of buttons as the PSP does, so setting up a decent control scheme shouldn't be impossible.

kakashidragon April 28, 2014 11:41:08 PM

I could see the touch screen to be used to mine, craft, build, ect.
Then jump can be set the B button, Looking around can be with Joy-stick (Maybe holding R or L to look up and down), the D-pad can be used to scroll through your items, The A button can be used as a normal button that A always is, X&Y buttons can be used to attack and defend. You know stuff like that, it could be possible u know.

Dragonite April 29, 2014 07:22:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Or maybe instead of moving around with the D-pad:

- D-pad for looking around
- A for moving forward
- B for moving jumping
- X for hitting stuff
- Y for placing blocks

Edit: latest snapshot is going to be FUN.

Cat333Pokémon May 1, 2014 02:02:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonite (Post 293101)
So, has anyone ever found a mushroom island? Been searching for one for a little bit now, no such luck : /

Oh, you're gonna love this. You're really gonna love this. :gwah:

I dug through my old worlds, including one where I tested out release 1.2. I just had a tiny room in the side of a mountain with a small chest containing some iron ore, coal, and torches. Out of curiosity, I decided to wander around to see if I could find where new terrain would generate to find the farthest I explored. Well, within about a minute I found this beauty. Notice the stone tools in the hotbar. Also notice how close it is to where land stopped generating.

Cat333Pokémon May 1, 2014 11:56:07 AM

Oh, the seed is 2150614216536345635, and the coordinates are -230x, -120z. This works in 1.7.9. (I cannot guarantee other versions, so if you want to do this, do it soon.) Expect a long boating trek if you create a new world. Heck, it'd actually make a fun little challenge: during the day, collect the things you need to get started (punch down a few trees, grab some saplings and seeds, take the pumpkins next to spawn, scout for sheep), then spend the rest of the game on the island (it's a long swim through ocean, so you consider sundown when you want to head off. You can mine, but you cannot leave the island. It's a rather large island, so you have plenty of space to work with, and as long as you can get wheat growing you can breed the Mooshrooms. Just remember one thing: absolutely no monsters can spawn anywhere within the biome with the exception of dungeons, so it makes the limits of the biome obvious when mining too. :P

I think I might personally give the challenge a try. :P Hm, that means I need to come up with a challenge list, too. I'll probably need to explore the island a bit to see what goodies lurk beneath.

Dragonite May 1, 2014 12:20:17 PM

While you're at it, play on snapshot 14w17a or later and set the resource generation parameters to their maximum. Iron and diamonds galore :>

Cat333Pokémon May 1, 2014 01:03:11 PM

Actually, if you do play on the newest snapshot, set the dungeon parameter a bit higher than usual. More goodies, but you'll actually get monsters so you can farm their drops. :P

Dragonite May 7, 2014 03:22:45 PM

Any chance of the VR server coming back someday, or is that thing long and officially dead?

Cat333Pokémon May 7, 2014 04:06:10 PM

Officially dead. It has a slim chance of returning if enough people show serious interest (and we wouldn't need to use Crap-"Wait Until Next Version Releases"-Bukkit, which is amusing because CraftBukkit was developed by people who work or worked for Mojang), but judging by the constant complaints and the fact that everyone kind of gave up on it throughout the last six or so months of it being around (heck, nobody noticed when the server was accidentally deleted), it's most likely never coming back.

Also, unrelated, but I am working on a little program that generates statistics for Minecraft worlds. Currently, it counts the number of blocks of each type.

Dragonite May 10, 2014 07:54:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I told one of my friends to make a toilet.

He did.

Feraligatr May 11, 2014 04:16:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonite (Post 293398)
I told one of my friends to make a toilet.

He did.

I added a little innovation!

Dragonite October 6, 2014 10:15:51 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Don't remember if I posted this here before, but I've been on a bit of a baseball kick recently. Dimensions are 115 m/314 feet down the lines, but not sure about the outfield because I just sort of made an ellipse with hedges without formal measurements.

I used commands to fill the scoreboard with black wool, but most of the clearing of the outfield was done in Survival. Why I did that, I have no idea. Regardless, I have about twenty chests of dirt and ores now.

If I get bored later I'll probably try a few other builds. Venus Lighthouse, maybe, and have a bit of fun with redstone. Or maybe Whiterun or Winterhold, if I'm still in a Skyrimy mood when I finish.

(Also I appear to be missing a pixel on the scoreboard in the letter "B" but let's pretend I didn't.)

kakashidragon October 7, 2014 12:53:08 AM

Anyone got minecraft for ps3? I'll gladly play with ya :)

Shade October 7, 2014 06:10:24 AM

I have it on PS3/PS4/and eventually Vita, but I'm not good enough with the controls to comfortly play them yet. I'm more of a PC-crafter.

Dragonite June 18, 2016 06:49:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonite (Post 293101)

WELLLLLLLLLLL . . . I started playing again for the first time in a while and spawned right in front of this thing.

Edit: the rest of the world isn't very interesting. Awesome. At least I can say I've found one now, though.

Dragonite September 14, 2017 12:20:10 PM

Sooooooo . . . it finally hit the 3DS, homebrew not required. Thoughts?

kakashidragon September 14, 2017 07:18:10 PM

If we can connect thru wifi for minecraft 3ds, im definitely gonna get a New 2ds to play this. (i want a "New 2ds" anyways) not the standard. My old 3ds is just old.

Cat333Pokémon September 15, 2017 09:21:29 AM

I'm going to guess it will be the Pocket Edition.

KrazyKiwi707 September 15, 2017 05:52:38 PM

Minecraft has made millions, so of course Nintendo wants it on the DS. :)

Twiggy October 11, 2017 04:14:23 AM

I'm seriously considering going to Minecraft "Better Together" and leave the Java version as something of a side thing right now. The game seems to run an absurd amount better than the Java version - you can literally max it out and the game won't chug. I've also been playing using an Xbox One S controller and it felt right at home. Besides, the fact that its multiplayer will work across Windows 10, Xbox One, Android, iOS, VR platforms, and the Nintendo Switch is probably going to be significant in the long term.

I myself am still wondering if there's a good place to find public/invitable Minecraft servers that are based off the newer version and doesn't have a garbage ping (the default 3 public servers that are included in the server list have ping in excess of 3 seconds, so nope).

I do wonder if I should just convert my current game into something online... I think it's possible to do so in the non-Java version, though I still need to work out more details.

Cat333Pokémon October 12, 2017 11:40:24 AM

I think the general idea is for them to gradually try to kill off the Java version because the whole Java Virtual Machine isn't that great and is a resource hog. However, as it stands, that's the only way to play on Mac and Linux.