Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   The Media (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   What's your favorite band and why? (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10435)

JeffTheKiller August 20, 2012 02:07:50 PM

What's your favorite band and why?

My favorite band has to be Queen for the simple fact that they set the bar higher for Rock, then they reset it.

Shiny August 20, 2012 02:11:36 PM

ajnasf It's not really a band, but more a gorup, but my favorite is ODFWGKTA or Odd Future for short. Or I could say Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All. Or the more longer OFWGKTADGAFLSYKWTFWA.
Most of their work is too HARDCORE for some people I've heard. Everyone's all "omgg they say triple six and have upside down crosses in their songs and talk about misogyny and murder let's get rid of them!!!"
But really that's only Tyler, the Creator, and he's overrated as is. Odd Future is really just a mix of everything, and that's why I like them.

Music August 20, 2012 02:29:55 PM

Sum 41 mainly because I just love the punk music they do.

NismoZ August 20, 2012 02:37:49 PM

My favorite's got to be Splashdown. They're a little-known band that died out like 11 years ago, and they do sort of, well, music that covers quite a lot of genres. From rock to sort of acoustic stuff, to trip-hop, and stuff you can't really explain. They also have an amazing vocalist and they never became mainstream, so they were never ruined by the industry.

Soulradio August 22, 2012 10:09:55 PM

Well my favourite Band is and always will be Linkin Park. I don't care what others say but Linkin Park is very inspirational and not at all depressive. When I listen to Linkin Park I go into a trance and it feels like I'm floating in a vast ocean of bone chilling water that paralysis me temporarily from the pains of the world, I don't even have to breathe, so long as the music is playing, my heart doesn't stop beating, practically fusing with the music beat. The pain is just gone long enough for me to heal on my own and I'm ready to face the world once again. Those who think LP is all about cutting and angst never had the guts to go under the surface of music or turn some negatives into positives.

Fubab_107 August 22, 2012 10:16:42 PM

The Flogging Molly's is mine. I just really like the Celtic Punk music, not much I can elaborate on other than that.

Cyrus August 23, 2012 05:28:06 AM

Guns N Roses, now and forever. I always get chills listening to a guitar solo from the one and only Slash...I still retain the hope that they will have a reunion tour...someday...

Soulradio August 23, 2012 12:12:42 PM

I should expand my mind a bit with the music. Maybe check out some of the bands you guys posted here.

I have more than one favourite band though. I don't love ALL their albums like I do for LP but Some of their songs are good to listen to.

Evanescence, Three days Grace, Greenday, Hollywood undead. They're pretty good.

TurtwigX August 25, 2012 02:39:22 PM

My band choice is usually mainstream stuff that I hear everyone talking about like The Beatles and whatnot, but one I genuinely love is Crush 40. Yes, they do the Sonic music, but what I love about them is their sound. They have that certain sound to their guitar playing that I can only really describe as "Jun Senoue stank" and I LOVE it. Plus the lyrics are catchy and easy to remember, so memorizing a song of theirs is simple. In other words, ♥♥♥ them.

teamplasma August 25, 2012 04:00:45 PM

I have A LOT of favorite bands. I will post more later.

Adele Adkins - She has an amazing vocal range and write very meaningful and emotional songs. She really has the voice of an angel. Stunning voice.

Coldplay - They also have very emotional songs. They actually do have some fast and happy songs, but I like the slow ones. I love the music of them and what they do!

Marina and the Diamonds - Like Adele, she has an AMAZING voice and range. I like how dynamic and... new her music is. He music also really speaks. Some of it isn't good, and some are meaningless and fun, though.

Eagles September 15, 2012 05:59:18 PM

My number 1 Favorite is probably Queen, I've listened to their music for as long as I can remember, and the earliest memory I have of listening to them would be at least when I was 4... So yeah. Also, their music is just Godly. Runners-up would be the Beatles, Journey, both self-explanatory, and then also my favorite electronic/dubstep group, Knife Party.

JDxImpetus September 15, 2012 06:18:57 PM

Mine is a Tie between, Queen, X-Japan, and probably Journey or the Jimi Hendrix Experience
Bohemian Rhapsody...First queen song i heard

Digimon Kaiser September 16, 2012 07:03:13 AM

Slipknot. Because they're totally kickass!

Fubab_107 October 12, 2012 04:39:35 PM

A close second for me is Sabaton. I may not be a metal fan, but I'm a fan of their theme for their songs.

Absol October 13, 2012 12:36:55 PM

Linkin Park.

Because they are 20% cooler than all the other musical artists.