Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Other Pokémon Gaming (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pokémon Mercury (Hack of Ruby) (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=1111)

alternateshadow300 November 11, 2009 03:39:33 PM

Pokémon Mercury (Hack of Ruby)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...uryVersion.png
(Title made by Yoshizard.)

Staff:
Yoshizard, Sphinx - Spriting
EmporerEmpoleon2 - Music(I'm actually unsure if he really wants to contribute to Mercury now, but just in case)
ValoryTheEevee - Full-Body Artist
Because this hack has been slow lately, there are some members who may or may not really want to help out. This may be my fault for not handing out requests, but some haven't logged on in some time. So for now, unless they come back, I'm the only map editor.
*SCRIPT EDITORS WANTED(pros)*
*GRAPHIC EDITORS WANTED*

So far we've got these:

PLOT
Like every other kid who turns 10, the protagonists of the Sinja region go on a quest to collect all the gym badges and become the champion. However, in the middle of their adventure, they find a gang named "Team Mercury", full of people who call themselves "the Mercurists", who plan on creating a duplicate of planet Mercury. The founder of the gang, Merchrome, is doing this because he wants revenge on Arceus, and with the help of his uncle, Samuel, it's bound to be a success...

SO, in order to end their schemes, making sure their plan is a failure, you have two people on your side, trying to put an end to Team Mercury:

Neptine:
A long-time friend of Merchrome, and has tried to convince Merchrome that what he's doing is wrong. With Merchrome refusing to listen, Neptine has no option but to thwart the plans of Team Mercury.

Samuel Jr.:
Son of Samuel, and cousin of Merchrome. Samuel Jr. is four years older than Merchrome. Samuel Jr. and Merchrome used to be best friends as well, but when Merchrome, Merchrome's mom, and Merchrome's sister went homeless, Samuel and Samuel Jr. had completely lost touch with them, until 20 years later, Samuel Jr. noticed Merchrome was broadcasting commercials saying he will help everyone change the world. It wasn't until later that Samuel Jr. found out that Merchrome was lying, and decided to help Neptine put an end to their plots. After the fifth time you meet up with Samuel Jr., he completely goes missing without saying anything.

List of Gym Leaders    
#1: Hector, Petalburg city
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ard/Hector.png
#2: Gordon, Mauville city
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ard/Gordon.png
#3: Kata, Lavaridge city possibly Fallarbor town
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...izard/Kata.png
#4: Avery, Fortree City
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...zard/Avery.png
#5: Richard, Lilycove City, or Mosdeep City
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...rd/Richard.png
#6: Secia, Dewford Town
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...zard/Secia.png
#7: Draglok, Sootopolis City
**the sprite is not yet created**

#8: Jeremy, Rustboro City
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ard/Jeremy.png

List of Elite Four    

Jane (#1, Normal-type user)
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...izard/Jane.png
Botan (#2, Grass-type user)
**the sprite is not yet created**

Bould (#3, Rock-type user)
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...zard/Bould.png
Sparky (#4, Electric-type user)
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ard/Sparky.png

Please Read This    
I had a lot of ideas for this project. A lot of ideas in which I found to be very chilling. Although I for one did enjoy the majority of the ideas I'd come up with, it seems as if they will not see the light of day.
For all of you who contributed to this ROM hack, I sincerely thank you for devoting some of your time to do so. I'm angry at myself for making you do that. It's mostly my fault because I haven't thought of any ideas since November, or for that matter, I haven't even thought of this project in general.
I am canceling Pokémon Mercury Version. Mostly due to the fact that I really just do not have the time or opportunity to even open any of the tools I use to modify. Also because, again, I haven't enough contributors. I had enough for a while, but I never handed out requests to any of the said contributors, which led to a lot of them forgetting about the project. Hell, one of them just left VR completely.
I am very sorry to everyone who I made do any of this. If I could repay you for even deciding to work on this with me, I would.

Sableyed November 11, 2009 04:10:12 PM

Re: Watch this video, it's about my Pokémon hacks.

Sadly, I'm no Hacker, so I can't help you.

However, speaking as an actor, you need to speak with more confidence. You don't make a very convincing video. Who are you sending this out to?

alternateshadow300 November 11, 2009 04:14:26 PM

I was quiet because my sister was asleep.

I'm sending this video out to people who want this opportunity. You don't have to join if you don't want to. You can't get your job if you can't hack though.

Yoshizard November 11, 2009 04:43:18 PM

What kind of spriting? I might be able to help you, but I need to know what you need.

Ditto616 November 11, 2009 04:53:11 PM

I'll totally help if I learn how to hack better and if my computer complies with me. It sounds fun, plus, my birthstone is Amethyst.

alternateshadow300 November 11, 2009 05:48:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditto616
I'll totally help if I learn how to hack better and if my computer complies with me. It sounds fun, plus, my birthstone is Amethyst.

Is it? Then I think you'd be perfect. Select a job from the description of the video. I'll only accept 4 people because 4 jobs are the only ones available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshizard
What kind of spriting? I might be able to help you, but I need to know what you need.

Since you look incredibly professional at sprite designing, you can be sprite designer. I'll need trainer sprites and Pokémon sprites. Credit will be given in the credits after the game is beaten. If that isn't what you meant then you'll have to describe what you mean, otherwise I don't understand.

Yoshizard November 11, 2009 05:53:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternateshadow300
Since you look incredibly professional at sprite designing, you can be sprite designer. I'll need trainer sprites and Pokémon sprites. Credit will be given in the credits after the game is beaten. If that isn't what you meant then you'll have to describe what you mean, otherwise I don't understand.

Well mainly like...

This is "Name". He is the "Type" Gym Leader.

You know, just some boundaries so that I know what to sprite.

Ditto616 November 11, 2009 05:58:51 PM

Sprites I cannot do. I am not what you would call... "Artistic"... :?
I could certainly try to learn HEX editing, and I'm sure I could come up with a few Pokémon, with the help of a friend or two.

Sableyed November 11, 2009 06:39:29 PM

Tell me, do you want people to do the designs, or do you already have the designs and just want people to sprite them?

Cat333Pokémon November 11, 2009 06:47:42 PM

I've been working on music for Coolboyman's Pokémon Prism hack, but I have no idea how to do music on a DS ROM.

By any chance were you playing a ROM of Platinum on your computer? :ugeek:

alternateshadow300 November 12, 2009 04:20:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Well mainly like...

This is "Name". He is the "Type" Gym Leader.

You know, just some boundaries so that I know what to sprite.

Oh, now I understand.
That I don't know. But we'll start from Gym 1 first so it's easier.

GYM #1 is in MISTITH CITY
Gym leader: GORDON
Type: Ground

Is that okay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sableyed
Tell me, do you want people to do the designs, or do you already have the designs and just want people to sprite them?

I've only made 3 of my own sprites... and they suck... really bad...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon
I've been working on music for Coolboyman's Pokémon Prism hack, but I have no idea how to do music on a DS ROM.

By any chance were you playing a ROM of Platinum on your computer?

Hacking Pokémon DS ROMS is highly complicated. Yes, I've done it, but it's hard as crap. I'm hacking Ruby ATM.

Sableyed November 12, 2009 05:22:00 AM

I can't do any spriting, but I have a lot of ideas for pokemon games so if you need any help with the concepts of the game I can help.

alternateshadow300 November 12, 2009 01:47:26 PM

Ideas, huh? Hmm... do you have ideas for Pokémon?

Sableyed November 12, 2009 05:29:03 PM

Sure. Are we looking for evolutions or new ones entirely? I could give ideas for both. I've also got some ideas for gym leaders, cities, moves, and general game concepts.

Luxray13579 November 12, 2009 05:37:42 PM

Quote:

I could give ideas for evolutions gym leaders, cities, moves, and general game concepts.

Yep, I would love to help with all of the above.

Sableyed November 12, 2009 05:47:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxray13579
Quote:

I could give ideas for evolutions gym leaders, cities, moves, and general game concepts.

Yes, I would like to help you with everything he mentioned.

There! How does it feel to be misquoted? :o

Yoshizard November 12, 2009 06:02:05 PM

Quote:

Oh, now I understand.
That I don't know. But we'll start from Gym 1 first so it's easier.

GYM #1 is in MISTITH CITY
Gym leader: GORDON
Type: Ground

Is that okay?
Ok. Here's a first draft of Gordon.

Gordon:
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ard/Gordon.png

Sableyed November 12, 2009 06:04:48 PM

Do you have any personality in mind for Gordon? What does he act like and what city does he live in? What pokemon does he use? Or are we just talking spriting here?

alternateshadow300 November 12, 2009 06:19:02 PM

Ugh, I have to quote everyone! Screw it, I'll skip that.

@Sableyed
I'm using some existing Pokémon as my own custom Pokémon and some you can make yourself. Since Gordon trains Ground type Pokémon, any Ground type is fine. You can be creative enough to make your own Pokémon, right? Gordon is aggressive, and thinks he's overcome the world because he's the weakest Gym Leader. We're not only talking spriting, we can talk personalities.

@Yoshizard
I think it looks great, and matching for a Ground person. I need to work the palette is all. Any Unlz professions?

@Sableyed again
Yes, I need Pokémon, Gym Leaders, and trainers. Can't forget the Elite Four, and most important, the champion.

Yoshizard November 12, 2009 06:35:30 PM

Quote:

Ugh, I have to quote everyone! Screw it, I'll skip that.
@Yoshizard
I think it looks great, and matching for a Ground person. I need to work the palette is all. Any Unlz professions?

Sorry. I can provide the sprites, but you're on your own on UNLZ.

Sableyed November 12, 2009 06:37:36 PM

Let me list off my Gym Leader and Elite Four Ideas:

#2: Hector: A bug maniac super nerd with hexagon goggles and a white shirt
#3: Kata: A steel type trainer. She is a small girl, silent, trained with a sword. She has red hair in a bun.
#4: Avery: A professor in rocket science, but he prefers to hang glide. Uses flying pokemon. A bit nutty, to say the least. Has a beak nose and thick goggles giving him hawk-like eyes
#5: Richard: A psychic business man. Runs a highly successful company which he started by predicting stocks. Thick set, in a suit, with red hair and beard
#6: Secia: A poison trainer. A retired spy, now living on a romote island trainind her poison pokemon. Wears a sleek black body suit.
#7: Lord Draglok: A dragon type trainer. Draglok rules a small island nation next to the region with an iron fist. Muscular, wearing red armor, a dragon helmet, and a cape that looks like wings in the wind.
#8: Jeremy: A traveling showman. Dark type trainer. Thinks everything is a show and loves dramatics. Helps you along your journey, but you don't fight him until the end. Wears sunglasses and a top hat.

Elite 4
#1: Jane: Fairly plain, compared to the rest. Loves pink and cute pokemon. Uses Normal Types.
#2: Botan: A Professor who studied with avery an the region's professor. Uses Grass pokemon. Wears a lab coat, has jet black hair with streaks of grey.
#3: Bould: A rock type trainer. A full out Cowboy, is hugly muscular and tough.
#4: Sparky: An electric type trainer. Only about 7. Is very young but very in tune with electricity. Wears and Orange Baseball cap and vest.

As you can see I've put a lot of thought into this. Please only take the ones you like.

Yoshizard November 12, 2009 06:41:40 PM

Quote:

Let me list off my Gym Leader and Elite Four Ideas:

#2: Hector: A bug maniac super nerd with hexagon goggles and a white shirt
#3: Kata: A steel type trainer. She is a small girl, silent, trained with a sword. She has red hair in a bun.
#4: Avery: A professor in rocket science, but he prefers to hang glide. Uses flying pokemon. A bit nutty, to say the least. Has a beak nose and thick goggles giving him hawk-like eyes
#5: Richard: A psychic business man. Runs a highly successful company which he started by predicting stocks. Thick set, in a suit, with red hair and beard
#6: Secia: A poison trainer. A retired spy, now living on a romote island trainind her poison pokemon. Wears a sleek black body suit.
#7: Lord Draglok: A dragon type trainer. Draglok rules a small island nation next to the region with an iron fist. Muscular, wearing red armor, a dragon helmet, and a cape that looks like wings in the wind.
#8: Jeremy: A traveling showman. Dark type trainer. Thinks everything is a show and loves dramatics. Helps you along your journey, but you don't fight him until the end. Wears sunglasses and a top hat.

Elite 4
#1: Jane: Fairly plain, compared to the rest. Loves pink and cute pokemon. Uses Normal Types.
#2: Botan: A Professor who studied with avery an the region's professor. Uses Grass pokemon. Wears a lab coat, has jet black hair with streaks of grey.
#3: Bould: A rock type trainer. A full out Cowboy, is hugly muscular and tough.
#4: Sparky: An electric type trainer. Only about 7. Is very young but very in tune with electricity. Wears and Orange Baseball cap and vest.

As you can see I've put a lot of thought into this. Please only take the ones you like.

Sounds great. I'll start a sprite for each if alternateshadow wants to use them. I'll start tommorow.

alternateshadow300 November 12, 2009 06:55:21 PM

Perfect! I'll give credit to everyone who decide. I'll put your names in the description tomorrow. Thanks for the help, guys!

Sableyed November 12, 2009 07:01:26 PM

Where do we find said description?

Yoshizard November 12, 2009 07:25:42 PM

Quote:

Perfect! I'll give credit to everyone who decide. I'll put your names in the description tomorrow. Thanks for the help, guys!

Don't worry about it. :D

Quote:

Where do we find said description?

Yes, I would like to see my name in the credits of somthing. :bowlaf:

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 05:02:49 AM

I'm talking about the description of the video. Don't worry guys.

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 05:51:46 PM

Excuse me for double-posting, but I have a couple things to say.

@Yoshizard
Your sprite of Gordon is in the game! Palette is fine, now to make his personality! Thanks! Also, your name is in the credits.

@Sableyed
I don't know how people will pass the 7th Gym Leader unless they have a strong dragon themselves, but a nice challenge.

Sableyed November 13, 2009 06:00:36 PM

Well, in my mind his main pokemon would be an evolution of Dunsparce, now a dragon type. There should be plenty of ice and dragon types in the game, including Glaceon and Dragon-Eevee.

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 06:03:05 PM

True, but Dunsparce isn't gonna stay the same. We're changing him too. But you're right, an evolution would be good.

Sableyed November 13, 2009 06:05:07 PM

Quote:

True, but Dunsparce isn't gonna stay the same. We're changing him too.

To what? My idea was a giant dragon snake looking like him but longer. What's yours?

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 06:09:37 PM

Dunsparce IS going to be a dragon, and evolve into a big dragon.

Sableyed November 13, 2009 06:14:09 PM

Fair enough. Can he still be Draglok's signature pokemon?

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 06:18:06 PM

Oh, yes! Yes he can! For sure!

Yoshizard November 13, 2009 06:24:57 PM

I got Hector done. I added suspenders and a net. It finishes the look in my opinion.

Hector:
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ard/Hector.png

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 06:27:30 PM

*puts in game* Keep em' coming, Yoshizard! You're doing great! Sorry if I'm rushing you.

Yoshizard November 13, 2009 06:28:38 PM

Quote:

*puts in game* Keep em' coming, Yoshizard! You're doing great! Sorry if I'm rushing you.

That's ok. That's my job. Also, I don't have anything better to do right now. :marlaf:

Sableyed November 13, 2009 06:31:02 PM

Well may I suggest some pokemon?

Starters: Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting. The fire type is a living ball of fire. The Grass type is a plant. The water type os an amphibious fish with fighting moves.
A caterpillar type that learns explosion at level 50. Its evolution is a green moth with big eyes and a wide mouth.
A three stage Steel-Fighting pokemon who's main gimmick is having a giant sword for a hand. Human-like. Goes from small an child-like to sleek and with a lance, to bulky and with the sword half the size of his body.
An evolution to Sableye and Mawile.
A dragon evolution to Eevee.
A Girafarig evolution where the bottom head has taken over half of the body.
A Kangaskhan pre-evolution: the baby in the pouch. It can be either gender. If it is female, it is kangaskhan. If it's male, it turns into a quick fighting type kanagaroo.
Heracross and Skarmory pre evolutions.
A Spinda evolution that is a giant hulking panda.

Again, only take what you like.

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 06:38:15 PM

ACTUALLY, I HAVE THE IDEA FOR THE GRASS POKéMON, HE'S A FROG.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS SCREWED UP.

Sableyed November 13, 2009 06:47:07 PM

Can he still be half dark?

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 06:58:16 PM

Yes, I was planning him to be dark anyways, lol. His second and third evolututions are pretty evil looking.

BTW, this is off topic, but can you get a legit Celibi in Platinum?

Sableyed November 13, 2009 07:02:57 PM

We think a lot alike! What ideas do you have?

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 07:03:41 PM

Still thinking up some more. You?

Yoshizard November 13, 2009 07:10:16 PM

Quote:

BTW, this is off topic, but can you get a legit Celibi in Platinum?

No.

Anyway, Here's Kata.

Kata:
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...izard/Kata.png

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 07:21:54 PM

Pokémon Amethyst (Hack of Ruby)

*puts in hack* You can take a break anytime, Yoshizard. Like I said in the video, I'm not gonna force you to do this.

Sableyed November 13, 2009 07:52:51 PM

Still working on pokemon, but here's my general idea of the land:

In the center is a giant volcano that works as a giant mountain. There is a forest to the east. Draglok rules on a fairly big island to the west. There is a lot of rural area where Gordon lives, and where the day care is. The Region's main attraction is it's three big cities of Knowledge, Commerce, and Entertainment. The city of knowledge has an academy where scholars meet, a rocket science laboratory, and is the home of Avery. The city of commerce has the department store and lots of tall buildings, and is the home of Richard. The city of entertainment is home to the contest hall and gambling house, and is the home of Jeremy. In the Forest, Volcano, and Sea live three spirits representing Fire, Water, and Grass. They may or may not affect the plot.

That's what I got. What do you have in mind?

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 08:00:51 PM

Re: Pokémon Amethyst (Hack of Ruby)

I guess we DO think alike lol. I've added a volcano, I'm mapping up the inside right now.

Sableyed November 13, 2009 08:06:31 PM

and what about the cities? Also, I think the name Amethyst is taken.

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 08:09:36 PM

I haven't named all of them, but I have Jular Town, which is where your journey starts, Raineir Town, the second town, the 3rd town is undecided, and the 4th town is Mistish City.

Cat333Pokémon November 13, 2009 08:19:54 PM

Quote:

and what about the cities? Also, I think the name Amethyst is taken.

It is used:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127318
But it's not a hack of any game; it's a new game on its own.

You may want to come up with a new name or state clearly in your first post that its not affiliated with that game.

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 08:21:36 PM

I've played Amethyst. I actually really liked that game.

But 3 years after first playing that game I forgot about the word Amethyst.

Sableyed November 13, 2009 08:22:27 PM

Anywho, Do you like my three cities idea?

alternateshadow300 November 13, 2009 08:25:06 PM

Yes, I like your cities idea. Keep thinking some :D

And script editing and HEX editing isn't so easy, so I guess I'll just take those places.

Cat333Pokémon November 13, 2009 09:13:12 PM

Re: Pokémon Mercury (Hack of Ruby)

I like your changed name of Mercury more. It's original. :D

stumpymcgoat November 13, 2009 11:48:26 PM

I'm willing to help.
I've had some experience in rom hacking (though it's been a while and I forgot what the program was that I used)
I've also had some sprite editing experience.

Ningamer November 14, 2009 01:43:10 AM

Spriter's Taken, Ideas are taken, and I have no clue how to edit HEX (I know what it means...ish) or script. I could help sprite if it'll be quicker with 2 people, but I can't say I'm the number one spriter around XD

stumpymcgoat November 14, 2009 02:07:22 AM

I can do some HEX but I'm not 100% with it.
I could make scripts for it but they would need some fine tuning

Magmaster12 November 14, 2009 03:35:31 AM

What if the champion is your father?

Also maybe the starting town in the the game is a big city and your older brother is the gym leader but he won't battle you until you get a couple gym badges.

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 05:51:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
If you wanna join sprite editing, then join Yoshizard. Yoshizard, you're okay with them joining you, right?

I've already got mapping and texting covered, so I'll have to look for something for you guys to do.

Here's the 2 sprites I've made:

RahTheLucario November 14, 2009 06:09:10 AM

I'll be happy to help with the script

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 06:17:18 AM

Are you good at it? It's very hard.

RahTheLucario November 14, 2009 06:17:54 AM

I can try

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 06:21:32 AM

k. Good luck. :)

Also, a while back, I've planned a champion, and guess who it is!

Cat333Pokémon November 14, 2009 07:26:58 AM

Leasive looks like a mix between a frog and a Yoshi.

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 07:32:08 AM

Valory thought the same thing. I don't wanna change it because Yoshi rocks. :D

ValoryTheEevee November 14, 2009 07:47:54 AM

Trent, I know this may not be a big help, but I can test out what you have so far.

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 07:49:57 AM

Fine, come here.

Sableyed November 14, 2009 07:51:07 AM

I like the Grass starter. I think the last one has to be really evil.

For the Fire starter, I'm thinking a thing that evolves into a living ball of flame. In the center of it's head it has a giant diamond where it's mind is.
The Water Starter is a sort of fish that stands on two fins. It lives on the land and is trained in fighting. It is colored blue and is koi-like.

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 08:09:10 AM

I'll give him red eyes. But he will look evil, when really he's very nice, unless he's trained to be a jerk.

The 3 starter's names are:
Growsive
Magmiby
and Bubblot

How's that?

Sableyed November 14, 2009 08:19:01 AM

Fine, but what do they look like?

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 08:34:33 AM

Your ideas.

Magmiby's definition:
MAGMIBY is a small fire that melts into magma. It
can be found near Valcanos and caves. Sometimes
it can be found in the shore of beaches.

It can stretch its arms and start a fire in a quick
snap!
Bubblot's definition
A tiny blue fish that can spit bubbles. The rest is
undone. I need ideas for this one.

Sableyed November 14, 2009 08:44:13 AM

Quote:

Your ideas.

Magmiby's definition:
MAGMIBY is a small fire that melts into magma. It
can be found near Valcanos and caves. Sometimes
it can be found in the shore of beaches.

It can stretch its arms and start a fire in a quick
snap!
Bubblot's definition
A tiny blue fish that can spit bubbles. The rest is
undone. I need ideas for this one.

Cool! Okay, here's one for Bulbblot
A tiny blue fish that can spit bubbles. Due to the bubbles keeping it moist, it can live on land.
It evolves into a fighting type, so the later ones will have to mention its fighting skills.

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 08:45:31 AM

Very good! Then it's settled!

I already have the 3 grass starter's definitions.

Sableyed November 14, 2009 08:48:20 AM

All right! Now what should the first pokemon you encounter be? I'm thinking a bird type, a caterpillar type, something bidoof/rattata/sentret/zigzagoon-like, and maybe Electrike.

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 08:50:13 AM

Think up a name, I'll add it.

Sableyed November 14, 2009 09:00:48 AM

I was thinking that the bird pokemon could have a pilot theme, like they were world war 2 aces. The Caterpillars would be very silly, almost cartoony. For the love of me, I don't know what to with the Bidoof/mammal pokemon, but we need one.

Yoshizard November 14, 2009 09:10:52 AM

I noticed that your sprites don't fit the Pokemon Ruby style. They look good, but just a different style. So, I tried my hand at making Growsvive into a Pokemon Ruby style sprite. Here it is.

Growsvive(Ruby Style):
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...d/Growsive.png

Ningamer November 14, 2009 09:29:10 AM

Quote:

the Pokemon Ruby style

Explain?

stumpymcgoat November 14, 2009 09:47:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I also made a little edit to Growsive, just to make it look a little less... plastic.

Yoshizard November 14, 2009 10:10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ningamer
Quote:

the Pokemon Ruby style

Explain?

The way it's sprited.

Let's say that Mario is a Pokemon. Now look at this.

:bidoof: This is a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum style sprite.
:marclap: This is a Mario and Luigi PiT style sprite. If a "Wild Mario appeared" and the sprite looked like this, it would stand out because it is a different style.

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 10:27:59 AM

I like how you guys improve my crappy sprite! LOL

I like both, but I'll put Yoshizard's in.

Sableyed November 14, 2009 10:53:10 AM

Anyway, I think players should get Eevee towards the beginning of the game to help balance out teams. Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, and Umbreon would evolve as usual. Leafeon and Glaceon would evolve by toughing stones at the academy. There should be a dragon Eevee added, but I'm not sure what to name it or how it would evolve.

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 11:13:50 AM

Aight. Eevee will be found in Route 103, aka Bayo Pond.

Luxray13579 November 14, 2009 11:49:03 AM

looks good alternateshadow300

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 11:55:48 AM

Thanks, Luxray!

Hey, Yoshizard, you don't mind redoing Leasive, right? :?:

Yoshizard November 14, 2009 12:00:13 PM

Quote:

Thanks, Luxray!

Hey, Yoshizard, you don't mind redoing Leasive, right? :?:

I was planning to. Just a little later tonight.

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 12:22:53 PM

That's fine, I can wait.

For this, you can design Sycotive however you want. But he MUST look evil. It's Sableyed's idea, and I agreed.

Sableyed November 14, 2009 12:25:45 PM

I was thinking more you're given an eevee, you don't usually find them in the wild. But whatever. I think we should map out how you travel in the region, where you're supposed to go.

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 12:45:17 PM

Sycotive's definition:
Its wings have grown completely, and
is ready to fly. Its wings are big and wide
so it can fly easier.

Its wings get bigger than they look
shown in the diagram above.

Sableyed November 14, 2009 12:49:41 PM

so is it flying type?

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 01:43:19 PM

No, it's grass and dark still. It just has wings is all, so it can fly.

Sableyed November 14, 2009 02:05:39 PM

I'm not sure about that, but whateva. where can I find any info you have on the game? Do you have a website or something?

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 02:34:09 PM

I'd make a website if I had a domain name. I'd get a domain name if I had money.

Ningamer November 14, 2009 03:17:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just made this, could it help?

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 03:19:06 PM

It's okay, but its wings need to be leaves, and just slightly bigger.

Yoshizard November 14, 2009 03:25:01 PM

Here is the redone version of Leasive:
Leasive:
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...rd/Leasive.png

Ningamer November 14, 2009 03:32:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:?:

And Yoshi, it looks like you stole someone's big green nose! :lol:

Yoshizard November 14, 2009 03:38:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ningamer
:?:

And Yoshi, it looks like you stole someone's big green nose! :lol:

I just re-sprited the Pokemon he already made. It does look like Yoshi, but it's not my doing.

Ningamer November 14, 2009 04:20:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The wings aren't leaves, they're more blades of grass. I think this one looks smoother than my previous 2.

Of course, you don't have to use this at all, if Yoshi does a better one use his :lol:

alternateshadow300 November 14, 2009 07:19:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually, it was aimed for looking like Yoshi. I'd appreciate it if you at least thought it looks like Yoshi. Either way, perfect redo.

And Ningamer, that's better. I'll put him in ASAP. His name is Sycotive BTW.

Magmiby:
This isn't a sprite BTW.

Ningamer November 15, 2009 11:51:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've done this, but I'm hopeless at arms.
Btw, am I stealing Yoshizard's job? Spriting's one of my favourite things to do when I'm bored (despite not being great)