Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon X and Y (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   The Shiny Thread (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11481)

RotomGuy October 20, 2013 11:48:39 PM

The Shiny Thread

Shinies have been made much less troublesome to get this Gen. In this thread, you can post Shinies you have found, and new methods to make Shinies easier. Here are some rumoured methods to increase chance of Shinies.

Tipping - The more you tip, the more likely Shinies will come. Failing to tip will completely reset any previous tipping bonus.
Safari - The Safari has a higher chance for Shinies to appear.
Masuda Eggs - Breeding a foreign Pokemon with a Pokemon from your country has a higher chance to breed a shiny.
PokéRadar - Keep chaining until you find a shining patch.
Fishing - Keep chaining until a shiny appears.

The last two are much deeper than I wrote, but these are the current rumoured methods to make Shinies more common.

Cat333Pokémon October 21, 2013 12:03:02 AM

Here is the one I found:
http://victoryroad.net/showthread.ph...065#post287065
Using the fishing trick.

I think the latter four have all been confirmed, but the tipping is still in the air.

Cyrus October 21, 2013 12:20:19 AM

You fancy people with your shinies. I feel like the only person who hasn't found one yet, and I've been tipping like crazy...of course that is still unconfirmed though. I've never done this "chaining" thing before.

RotomGuy October 21, 2013 01:14:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Yup, I tried the Fishing Trick and got a Shiny Dragalge shortly after!

TurtwigX October 21, 2013 02:56:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus (Post 287073)
You fancy people with your shinies. I feel like the only person who hasn't found one yet, and I've been tipping like crazy...of course that is still unconfirmed though. I've never done this "chaining" thing before.

Oh please, I never find any shinies. I used to tip, but until it's confirmed I refuse to give these greedy Kalosians anymore of my cash.

Chaining has been a confirmed thing with the PokeRadar ever since 4th Gen, but fishing chaining is certainly new. And somewhat better, you don't have to move OR defeat the Pokemon to keep up the chain? Splendid.

Twiggy October 21, 2013 03:02:36 AM

Looks like I'm going to have to try my luck in getting a Shiny Pokémon myself. What do you think is the most reliable way, by the way?

TurtwigX October 21, 2013 03:02:40 AM

I saw the title of this thread and only came here for a very sarcastic "Never get any~!" post, but hey.

I'm glad to see the PokeRadar has made a comeback. It was complex and I never got a shiny because of how bad my luck is, but it's the most familiar method to me~ Ah, Sinnoh~<3 Using it is simple, just aim for the brightest sparkling patch far enough away.
But now this fishing trick seems even BETTER. Keeping up a fishing chain is very easy, and I might actually have to try that today.

I was never a Masuda Method person, and tipping is very unconfirmed. I used to do it, but I need to reserve that for actually items and junk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 287077)
Looks like I'm going to have to try my luck in getting a Shiny Pokémon myself. What do you think is the most reliable way, by the way?

I would say the chaining methods. I don't know how fishing chaining works, but the PokeRadar guarantees a shiny after 40 chains of a Pokemon. The farther away the patch the more likely it is to be the same Pokemon. You have to catch or defeat them in battle.

Twiggy October 21, 2013 03:12:20 AM

Where can I find tight coves? I'm now interested in chain-fishing.

Though, having a Suction Cups Pokémon in the front means no way to nudge the nature in favour of what I want to get, huh?

RotomGuy October 21, 2013 03:12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 287080)
Where can I find tight coves?

You don't really need one if you have Suction Cups.

Twiggy October 21, 2013 03:14:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RotomGuy (Post 287081)
You don't really need one if you have Suction Cups.

So Suction Cups make it a matter of timing only?

TurtwigX October 21, 2013 03:17:41 AM

If you've got Suction Cups you just gotta be attentive so's you don't miss the !!
And with that, I'm going to defeat the champion and take a dip in the nearest body of water.

Cyrus October 21, 2013 09:16:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 287076)
Oh please, I never find any shinies. I used to tip, but until it's confirmed I refuse to give these greedy Kalosians anymore of my cash.

Chaining has been a confirmed thing with the PokeRadar ever since 4th Gen, but fishing chaining is certainly new. And somewhat better, you don't have to move OR defeat the Pokemon to keep up the chain? Splendid.

I can see that chaining is a guaranteed way to increase your odds, but what I was trying to say is that I don't know what chaining is. Never tried it because I don't know how to.

Cat333Pokémon October 21, 2013 09:31:34 AM

Another "trick" to add to the list is horde spamming. If you have a Pokémon with Sweet Scent, you can force a horde to appear. Each one gives you five chances at a shiny.

RotomGuy October 21, 2013 10:17:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 287098)
Another "trick" to add to the list is horde spamming. If you have a Pokémon with Sweet Scent, you can force a horde to appear. Each one gives you five chances at a shiny.

I knew I was forgetting something. I got a Shiny Trevenant this way.

kakashidragon October 21, 2013 11:22:37 AM

When u encounter a shiny in these games, what does the animation look to show u a shiny appears? Is it the same as past games or does it show something different when the game zooms in when the encounter happens?

Reuniclus October 21, 2013 11:23:28 AM

You sure you can run away when in a fishing chain? I don't know if it's like the Pokeradar where you find a shiny after ~40 encounters, but I've had nearly 50 consecutive encounters with no shiny appearing. And I'm using an Octillery with Suction Cups too.

isbragg October 21, 2013 11:23:41 AM

Shiny Wingull in a horde battle and a shiny Charmeleon in the Friend Safari.

Cat333Pokémon October 21, 2013 11:29:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 287108)
You sure you can run away when in a fishing chain? I don't know if it's like the Pokeradar where you find a shiny after ~40 encounters, but I've had nearly 50 consecutive encounters with no shiny appearing. And I'm using an Octillery with Suction Cups too.

Yeah, I ran away from half of them in my chain, or maybe it was an extreme coincidence that I found one. Remember the statistics of multiple consecutive, independent trials.

kakashidragon October 21, 2013 11:48:49 AM

I never seen a 6th gen. pokemon shiny in my game yet (or any pokemon) but i got to friend safrai alot i spent awhile there never seen a shiny there. But fishing i could try it if i get lucky to get a bite.

Reuniclus October 21, 2013 12:38:00 PM

I just read a tab on Serebii entailing Chain Fishing. It IS easier to find shinies this way. They don't have the exact probabilities yet, but they do have important details concerning this- most of which was already covered in the thread.

-Streak is broken if you pull the rod in too early.
-Streak is broken if you get the text box saying that you didn't get a nibble.
-Streak is broken IF YOU MOVE FROM THE SPOT WHERE YOU STARTED FISHING.

I think the reason why I failed last time was because of the third point. >_>

Reuniclus October 21, 2013 05:51:53 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I found one, I found one, I FOUND ONE!
Attachment 5726Attachment 5725

I didn't keep count of how many random encounters I had, but I think it was over 50. This only proves that chain fishing is all the more legit. This was the shiny I wanted too. ^~^

EDIT:
Well, 5 encounters later I found this. Yeah...I was pretty surprised. ._. After catching Staryu, I decided to try continuing the chain; I guess it was high enough for this to happen?

Attachment 5727Attachment 5728

Sub-zero October 21, 2013 07:32:38 PM

Wat? I don't get this at all. Oh well. I never really cared enough for shinies, but cool! Only Shiny I ever got was a Woobat. Yay me! Oh, and that was in White 2.

ThePokeMan October 21, 2013 08:20:25 PM

Well, I certainly do feel happy for everyone who did get a shiny to this point, but once again my game stubbornly refuses to acknowledge the existence of them... even after trying ALL THREE non-breeding methods ;_;

All I'm left with after shiny-grinding today is-

-2 hours of (attempted) Poké Radar chaining (not too good at this one yet)
-3.5 hours of random encounters in one Safari (according to some rough math, that was ~450 encounters)
-An impressive chain fishing outing that, according to the fisherman on Route 16, lasted 64 reel-ins (and about 30 minutes total)

Still though, with so many easy odds in my favor hopefully some kind of luck will be thrown my way soon and I can have my first shiny... hopefully...

TurtwigX October 21, 2013 08:28:01 PM

Let me just say firsthand that chaining with the PokeRadar is incredibly difficult. You have to devote time to learning how to use it right, and even then it's still too difficult. I think I might have the most luck with the fishing one. It requires no movement and that sounds perfect to me.

TPM you sound so desperate and it makes me sad. Have you tried the tipping rumor? I mean, you should be willing to try anything.

Twiggy October 22, 2013 08:49:34 AM

I've noticed that with chain-fishing...

If you're on the retail game cartridge, there will be a short, but noticeable pause right before the "!!".

Use this to your advantage. (It's kind of generous - if you can reel it in within 0.5s, you're set, and Suction Cups make the prompt almost always happen)

Reuniclus October 22, 2013 09:15:12 AM

I'm almost certain it depends on the location where you're fishing too. You definitely want to fish where there are a bunch of rocks or tight spaces. When I tried fishing in the open sea, my chain broke at 13, but when I fished in a tight cove on Route 8, I was able to chain up to 121. (This is with Suction Cups in effect, by the way) The 121 chain was the one where I found a shiny Staryu and shiny Clauncher- I even deliberately broke the chain at that point because I was getting bored.

kakashidragon October 22, 2013 09:48:45 AM

Without suctioncups my chain brakes after the 3rd or 4th catch. I hoping to get a shiny luvdisk as i was farming heart scales at the time. Like i asked a few posts back, does the game show anything when its shiny before being shown in the close up?

Reuniclus October 22, 2013 10:30:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 287159)
Without suctioncups my chain brakes after the 3rd or 4th catch. I hoping to get a shiny luvdisk as i was farming heart scales at the time. Like i asked a few posts back, does the game show anything when its shiny before being shown in the close up?

It doesn't. When you get to the close up, the Pokemon cry will play and then the shiny sound will immediately follow that.

Twiggy October 22, 2013 10:39:31 AM

Guess what I caught just now?

Took me 155 tries, though, in the same spot...

TurtwigX October 22, 2013 12:47:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2nd period teacher wasn't here today (or was taking senior photos, most likely the latter) so I took this as an opportunity to shirk work and chain fish!

Attachment 5730
I can't believe it actually worked. If it worked for me then it's a really real thing. But I don't exactly like Octillery, so I think I'll be giving it up through Wonder Trade. Before that happens, anyone want it?

Alakazamaster October 22, 2013 12:49:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 287167)
2nd period teacher wasn't here today (or was taking senior photos, most likely the latter) so I took this as an opportunity to shirk work and chain fish!

Attachment 5730
I can't believe it actually worked. If it worked for me then it's a really real thing. But I don't exactly like Octillery, so I think I'll be giving it up through Wonder Trade. Before that happens, anyone want it?

As long as you are giving away shinies, I would be happy to throw my hat in the ring. It sure doesn't hurt that I'm a fan of Octillery!

Cat333Pokémon October 22, 2013 01:56:55 PM

I'd like it too, and I have some perfect Zorua to offer. :P

TurtwigX October 22, 2013 02:46:39 PM

Ooh, wasn't expecting this. That offer of yours sounds incredibly nice, Cat. What've you got to put on the table, Kazzy?

TPM is gonna be so mad at me for giving away yet ANOTHER shiny X3

RotomGuy October 22, 2013 02:50:23 PM

What went from me being a shiny-less guy became me being a guy with 8 Shinies under his belt. (3 are Foongus, mind)

I traded one of my spare Draglage for a shiny Gabite.

GrassPokemonFTW October 22, 2013 03:29:07 PM

I still don't have any shinies...
#shinynoob

Magmaster12 October 22, 2013 06:31:17 PM

Anyone a fan of Shiny Pellipers or Gulpins?

I received both of them in trades

ThePokeMan October 22, 2013 06:32:18 PM

Chain fishing. I love you. Like, forever. If only there weren't only like 8 Pokémon that you can catch via fishing...

I really wish I knew how to attach pictures so you all could see how it almost looks like a different shade, but the shiny Poliwhirl I caught would've been another one I ran from in a ~150 chain, if it weren't for the sparkles and the accompanying sound.

Bold nature (-Atk, +Def), so it became a Politoed, as well as my first attempt to EV train something for competitive use through Super Training. Stay tuned for that, I guess xD

Cyrus October 22, 2013 07:22:49 PM

Okay, I want to be a member of the Sixth Generation Shiny Club. For someone like me who has never done this "chaining" trick before, how does it work? I have days off from work coming up that I can devote time....lots of time to....

TurtwigX October 22, 2013 07:30:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus (Post 287184)
Okay, I want to be a member of the Sixth Generation Shiny Club. For someone like me who has never done this "chaining" trick before, how does it work? I have days off from work coming up that I can devote time....lots of time to....

If TPM could do it, EVERYONE can do it.

Consecutive Fishing seems to be the popular thing these days.
First, find a closed in body of water or get a Pokemon with Suction Cups out in front, to almost guarantee a hit every time.
Next, stand in a spot and whip out your rod. Make sure you reel something in every time. You can battle, catch, or run away from the Pokemon, but you can't move from your spot in the overworld.
Then just keep doing that until a shiny shows up. It's really that simple, it just takes time and failure.

The PokeRadar is much harder and requires counting and an explanation too in depth for now.

Cyrus October 22, 2013 07:34:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 287185)
If TPM could do it, EVERYONE can do it.

Consecutive Fishing seems to be the popular thing these days.
First, find a closed in body of water or get a Pokemon with Suction Cups out in front, to almost guarantee a hit every time.
Next, stand in a spot and whip out your rod. Make sure you reel something in every time. You can battle, catch, or run away from the Pokemon, but you can't move from your spot in the overworld.
Then just keep doing that until a shiny shows up. It's really that simple, it just takes time and failure.

The PokeRadar is much harder and requires counting and an explanation too in depth for now.

I see. I'll start to try this then. I know that shiny hunting involves patience, I had just never done the "chaining" method and didn't know how it works.

TurtwigX October 22, 2013 08:08:40 PM

I love how you keep putting chaining in quotes. Pokemon chaining is simply a method of stringing together Pokemon battles. PokeRadar chaining involves using said item to "specialize" certain patches of grass so that you'll run into the same Pokemon more often, with a chain of 40 guaranteeing a shiny. Fishing chaining is a successful string of battles held from one fishing spot.

Cyrus October 22, 2013 08:17:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 287187)
I love how you keep putting chaining in quotes. Pokemon chaining is simply a method of stringing together Pokemon battles. PokeRadar chaining involves using said item to "specialize" certain patches of grass so that you'll run into the same Pokemon more often, with a chain of 40 guaranteeing a shiny. Fishing chaining is a successful string of battles held from one fishing spot.

Is that something you really feel the need to point out? I tend to quote those who are either directly or indirectly responding to my post.

Also, I've started fishing in one spot...does it matter which rod I use?

TurtwigX October 22, 2013 08:23:20 PM

Nah, I just love the way you emphasize the word, is all~

All the rods work in consecutive fishing, but the Super Rod seems to be the most popular. (And I think it has the highest rate of success. Just don't use the Old Rod is the rule, I guess.)

Reuniclus October 22, 2013 08:23:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus (Post 287189)
Is that something you really feel the need to point out? I tend to quote those who are either directly or indirectly responding to my post.

Also, I've started fishing in one spot...does it matter which rod I use?

The type of rod doesn't matter, but I don't know if changing rods during a chain would break it.

Fishing chaining requires a bit more patience. The higher your chain is, the more likely you'll find a shiny. Even if you get up to 60 random encounters, don't give up.

Make sure you're fishing in a tight space too; like a cove or a place surrounded by rocks. Location actually does matter so that you don't get the text box "Not even a nibble..." appearing as often.

Alakazamaster October 22, 2013 08:29:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 287192)
Make sure you're fishing in a tight space too; like a cove or a place surrounded by rocks. Location actually does matter so that you don't get the text box "Not even a nibble..." appearing as often.

Is this at all confirmed? I was fishing on the open seas and as long as I had a Pokemon with Suction Cups I was able to catch a Pokemon every time I cast out.

TurtwigX October 22, 2013 08:31:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazamaster (Post 287193)
Is this at all confirmed? I was fishing on the open seas and as long as I had a Pokemon with Suction Cups I was able to catch a Pokemon every time I cast out.

That's because the overworld effect of Suction Cups is an almost definite bite on the rod. Without it there's a chance of failure to get a nibble, and that's when you'd look for the tight spaces.

Reuniclus October 22, 2013 08:38:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazamaster (Post 287193)

I don't know for sure if it is confirmed, I'm just going off of my experience. When I fished in open space my chains broke after 3 and 12 with Suction Cups in effect. When I went to a tight space, one of my chains lasted as long as 121. I don't know if I just had a stroke of really bad luck or if it was just coincidence.

Sunny October 22, 2013 11:42:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 286779)
Has anyone found a shiny yet? I've heard the rate is higher.

JUST GOT
SHINY FLOATZEL
SHINY FLOASJOIDJWOIEJSAIOJDOIWJEIJSAODWE

http://media.tumblr.com/0051d4726865...8kl1soaq8e.gifhttp://media.tumblr.com/0051d4726865...8kl1soaq8e.gifhttp://media.tumblr.com/0051d4726865...8kl1soaq8e.gif

kakashidragon October 23, 2013 11:43:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 287167)

Attachment 5730

I'll take it! Not sure what to trade though?

Reuniclus October 23, 2013 08:28:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have no idea why I'm getting so lucky with these shinies. I was looking in Quad's Friend Safari for a Pokémon to use for IV breeding and I found this.

Attachment 5734Attachment 5733

This Swalot is Mild and it has max IVs in SpAtk. :P

Cat333Pokémon October 25, 2013 01:01:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Holy crap, a shiny Ninetales!

19/31/8/9/31/18, Mild, Drought

It's not too useful with a spread like that, but with perfect Special Defense, decent HP, and decent Speed, it could still be a special wall.

(Also, if you're wondering why it's Mild and not Modest, that's not actually my Synchronizer Espeon; it's Zoroark.)

Attachment 5741Attachment 5742

Edit: ...OH MY ARCEUS, ANOTHER ONE.

Attachment 5743

2/16/18/31/31/2, Bashful, Drought

RotomGuy October 25, 2013 03:48:45 AM

I think its safe to say that the Safari = More Shinies theory is correct.

Twiggy October 25, 2013 03:51:53 AM

Clearly, something is up with the rate of shiny Pokémon in the games.

kakashidragon October 25, 2013 12:05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 287373)
Clearly, something is up with the rate of shiny Pokémon in the games.

No kidding, i havnt had no luck yet and these guys are getting them left and right. And i go to friend safari alot to catch certin pokemon only found there and never ran into a shiny yet, also no shiny yet from chain fishing. (i actully had at least 20 or 30 chain going)

Cat333Pokémon October 25, 2013 02:29:11 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention, those two shiny Ninetales were almost back to back. Probably only like five encounters between them.

TurtwigX October 25, 2013 07:48:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 287399)
Oh, I forgot to mention, those two shiny Ninetales were almost back to back. Probably only like five encounters between them.

I wish I could go into my own safari. My Pokemon are badass, and I could use a shiny Drought Ninetales. I always knew I had a fiery spirit~

I must be pretty darn unlucky. I know a lot of people who have run into shiny encounters in the safari. I spent 2 hours collecting Synchronize Abra and ignoring Espurr, and not a single one came forth.

GrassPokemonFTW October 25, 2013 09:28:49 PM

#stillashinynoob

I wonder how long it'll take for me to find one. To be honest, it's probably because I'm not particularly going out of my way to find one. I just figured that if I kept breeding for my mono-Grass team that I would eventually find/hatch one, but no such luck so far, unfortunately. Oh well.

Cat333Pokémon October 25, 2013 10:38:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And now an Eevee!? :o This is nuts!

31/12/22/31/2/22, Adamant, Adaptability (That's a tease, but it might still work as a Flareon or a Leafeon, though.)

Cyrus October 25, 2013 10:44:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 287436)
And now an Eevee!? :o This is nuts!

31/12/22/31/2/22, Adamant, Adaptability (That's a tease, but it might still work as a Flareon or a Leafeon, though.)

Cat, I'm beginning to think your game is enchanted.

Cat333Pokémon October 25, 2013 10:51:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus (Post 287437)
Cat, I'm beginning to think your game is enchanted.

I'm beginning to think the same. Three shinies in two nights, plus the one from fishing before. Excluding the shiny Gyarados, I found only 1 shiny prior to X/Y.

kakashidragon October 25, 2013 11:28:45 PM

Ok that proves it, his game is hacked lol.

Twiggy October 26, 2013 12:17:49 AM

I'm inclined to believe my game is enchanted in some other way, seeing as I have unusually high capture rates for even catch-rate-3 legendary Pokémon... and get almost perfect stuff.

I want everyone's shiny Pokémon at this point :3

kakashidragon October 26, 2013 09:11:56 AM

Im better off RNGing shinys from 5th gen at this rate. >.<
At least i got some legit ones from that method.

Reuniclus October 26, 2013 09:44:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 287438)
I'm beginning to think the same. Three shinies in two nights, plus the one from fishing before. Excluding the shiny Gyarados, I found only 1 shiny prior to X/Y.

I don't know how, but some people are finding shinies every day. I think I just got really lucky when I got that Staryu and Clauncher on the same day.

It's exciting to find a shiny because of how more common they are in 6th gen, but I feel like there's less value in them because they aren't as rare. (this is probably why people are willing to put them in wonder trades)

TurtwigX October 26, 2013 10:06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 287450)
I don't know how, but some people are finding shinies every day. I think I just got really lucky when I got that Staryu and Clauncher on the same day.

It's exciting to find a shiny because of how more common they are in 6th gen, but I feel like there's less value in them because they aren't as rare. (this is probably why people are willing to put them in wonder trades)

I never considered shinies all that special, just rare. A shiny that can't battle to me is just an oddly colored trophy. That Octillery might've been my only 6th Gen shiny, but it's Cat's property now, and I got something much more valuable in return.

ThePokeMan October 26, 2013 10:48:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 287451)
I never considered shinies all that special, just rare. A shiny that can't battle to me is just an oddly colored trophy. That Octillery might've been my only 6th Gen shiny, but it's Cat's property now, and I got something much more valuable in return.

Exactly how I feel about shinies as well. I usually only go after shinies if they look nice, rarely if they have competitive potential, only because they're neat and look neat sitting in a PC box, being all odd-colored and such. They're only really special to me if they can look neat AND pack a punch competitively, because now I get to show it off to everyone I use it against ;P

Cat333Pokémon October 26, 2013 10:55:58 AM

I frankly don't think I'll be able to truly use any of those shinies I found, save for maybe the Ninetales with max Special Defense.

Magmaster12 October 26, 2013 11:04:34 AM

I've decided to not even bother to hunt for shinies until I get the shiny charm.

TurtwigX October 26, 2013 11:28:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePokeMan (Post 287453)
Exactly how I feel about shinies as well. I usually only go after shinies if they look nice, rarely if they have competitive potential, only because they're neat and look neat sitting in a PC box, being all odd-colored and such. They're only really special to me if they can look neat AND pack a punch competitively, because now I get to show it off to everyone I use it against ;P

That's why I'm extra glad I got my Shiny Accelgor from Black 2~ And it's Japanese, which is a cool bonus. It's IVs aren't the best, but it's speed is out there. The shiny Audino means nothing to me and that shiny Ariados is just a nightmare from the past...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 287455)
I frankly don't think I'll be able to truly use any of those shinies I found, save for maybe the Ninetales with max Special Defense.

Consider that an unexpected gift from the trade. :P

Cat333Pokémon October 26, 2013 11:32:09 AM

It's annoying how close they are to usable, particularly that Eevee and the other Ninetales.

Luxray13579 October 26, 2013 05:12:58 PM

Cool, I was just browsing this thread, being incredibly jealous of those able to use the safari zone to obtain shinies, and I ran into a shiny Skrelp after my 4th link in one of my first chains. Skrelp is my first ever legit shiny that I have ever found in the wild. Feels good. But I want to get to the safari!

kakashidragon October 26, 2013 10:58:26 PM

AT LAST IT HAPPENED! After what about 45mins fishing on route 19, i finally caught my first 6th gen shiny! (not 6th gen pokemon but an older one) but ya i got myself a lv50 shiny politoad :) Serious nature too. I havnt checked it ivs yet but by looking at another politoad i caught before at the same level and same type of nature, the sp.atk/sp.def&Speed are better than the other one. Now if my luck gets better at this.

Twiggy October 27, 2013 05:30:46 AM

Something is definitely up about the rate of Shiny Pokémon.

I'm not even trying this time.

Shame about the nature, though.

kakashidragon October 28, 2013 12:21:22 AM

Well i got myself a super sized pumpkaboo took an hour to find, so after i caught it i desided to breed it for a adamant nature, after awhile of breeding i got the nature, took that and breed again, then about 30mins later it happened. I got myself a shiny super sized pumkpkaboo with 31 iv in atk with the adamant nature. I think my shiny luck has turned around now. I was also breeding with a japan friend safari ditto.

Reuniclus October 28, 2013 10:21:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Found a shiny Zubat in a horde battle while trying to EV train a Pokémon.

I couldn't get a good picture because Zubat don't like to hold still. :/
Attachment 5750Attachment 5751Attachment 5752

I've actually caught a shiny Zubat before in Emerald version. :P

Magmaster12 November 2, 2013 07:47:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I did it I was hatching Munchlax Eggs and one came out shiny!

It also has an impish nature!

I just realized I now have a shiny to match my signature.

TurtwigX November 3, 2013 06:08:58 PM

A chain of 151 Luvdisc for the past hour, and not a single shiny Pokemon... Oh well, at least I have 78 Heart Scales now. I swear I have the worst luck...

kakashidragon November 4, 2013 10:42:04 AM

Ya i havnt seen anymore shinys in awhile since i got the politoad through fishing and the pumpkaboo through breeding. But if i keep at it i'll get another shiny.

Reuniclus November 4, 2013 02:32:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I was trying to find a shiny Klefki, but I ended up finding this instead.
Attachment 5773Attachment 5774

At least it's not a crappy Foongus. It's a shame Murkrow doesn't have good stats.

EDIT: Murkrow has Impish for a nature- the one I wanted for Klefki. :c

kakashidragon November 4, 2013 09:26:01 PM

I just got a dragon safari with gibite, sliggo, and shelgon. And i found a shiny gibite with 31ivs in atk and speed! But the thing is......its modest nature :( Which sucks so bad. (Well at least i got one on my 5th gen game)

kakashidragon November 7, 2013 12:59:23 PM

Well an hour ago while ditto hunting in the friend safari and got myself a shiny ditto with Max HP and with hidden ability. It also has Max Atk&Sp.atk. :)
So i think im doing pretty good this generation without the need of RNG abuse and stuff.

Wolfbane5001 November 7, 2013 01:14:40 PM

I found a shiny Aipom in the safari zone... why Aipom?

Cat333Pokémon November 7, 2013 01:16:44 PM

Again, I'll gladly take any undesired shinies. :P

Wolfbane5001 November 7, 2013 01:20:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 288038)
Again, I'll gladly take any undesired shinies. :P

Sorry, traded it for a Spiritomb XD

DiamondEdge November 7, 2013 05:25:22 PM

As of ten minutes ago, I have officially caught a Shiny Dunsparce.

...Good enough! I am pleased.

Reuniclus November 9, 2013 11:15:07 PM

I don't have any pictures yet, but I found a shiny Klefki while using the Pokéradar. It appeared at a chain of about 41. Doesn't have the best nature or IVs, but it looks amazing.

RotomGuy November 9, 2013 11:47:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 287877)
I was trying to find a shiny Klefki, but I ended up finding this instead.
Attachment 5773Attachment 5774

At least it's not a crappy Foongus. It's a shame Murkrow doesn't have good stats.

EDIT: Murkrow has Impish for a nature- the one I wanted for Klefki. :c

* stares at two Shiny Foongus *

Reuniclus November 10, 2013 12:03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got a picture. Golden Klefki~
Attachment 5786

GrassPokemonFTW November 16, 2013 02:06:15 PM

#stillwaitingforthatshiny
Even when I attempt to find a shiny I can't get one. Why must this happen to me.

Cougare November 16, 2013 09:48:43 PM

I caught a shiny Skorubi.
It's not a Pokemon I normally use so, If anyone is interested in trading for it..

kakashidragon November 17, 2013 10:59:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrassPokemonFTW (Post 288391)
#stillwaitingforthatshiny
Even when I attempt to find a shiny I can't get one. Why must this happen to me.

Im kinda getting this too.
When im actully trying to get a shiny (either by fishing or breeding) I cant one. It seems when im not trying to get a shiny i get one. IDK how people can get a shiny through fishing within the first 20 catches.

Wolfbane5001 November 17, 2013 04:19:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 288412)
Im kinda getting this too.
When im actully trying to get a shiny (either by fishing or breeding) I cant one. It seems when im not trying to get a shiny i get one. IDK how people can get a shiny through fishing within the first 20 catches.

Magic... -snort snort-.

BluFire1337 November 18, 2013 03:46:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cougare (Post 288404)
I caught a shiny Skorubi.
It's not a Pokemon I normally use so, If anyone is interested in trading for it..

I will gladly take it if it isn't gone by now. :451:

JDxImpetus November 18, 2013 08:40:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shiny Vanillite....Impish Nature
Fair enough X3

Karpy ~aka Zoroarklover~ November 18, 2013 08:54:21 PM

Shinies huh? Well, the only one I have are from events, ones that are from in-game events, and my shiny Porygon-Z from trade.

Cougare November 18, 2013 10:30:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluFire1337 (Post 288461)
I will gladly take it if it isn't gone by now. :451:

Nope, I still have it :3

What would you like to offer for it?

kakashidragon November 18, 2013 10:32:17 PM

Got a shiny munna today while breeding for a good nature. Also i looked on serebii and if you use the mesuda method, chances to get a shiny is 1 in 1024! With the shiny charm. (Should be right or pretty close) But that explains why everyone gets alot of shinys this gen. by breeding. But these chances are of getting shinys are getting increased alot.

Cat333Pokémon November 18, 2013 11:02:17 PM

The Shiny Charm hasn't been found yet, so that number is probably only an estimate.

kakashidragon November 19, 2013 09:00:54 AM

I think the shiny charm will mostly be found by completeing the whole dang pokedex like in black/white 2. But that will require the pokebank.

Twiggy November 19, 2013 09:18:35 AM

The shiny mechanics has been changed a lot.
  • Shininess is determined by only the Pokémon's Shiny Value and the Trainer's Shiny Value, instead of a lot of variables. If Pokémon's Shiny Value is equal to the Trainer's Shiny Value when it is encountered or hatched, it is a shiny. (Read: the RNG only does the former in practice.)
  • The base shiny rate has been increased to 1/4096 due to SV being a 12-bit integer.
  • The shiny rate for other shiny rate boosters in-game has also been changed to match the above changes.