Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=261)
-   -   ORAS Midnight Events. (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11825)

Dragonite November 19, 2014 01:37:13 PM

ORAS Midnight Events.

Couple stores are doing midnight events for ORAS. I'm going to try to get myself down to GameStop at midnight (and play as long as I can in the parking lot before my 3DS battery dies!) Anyone else? Or are you going to try to get through the DDoS that will be the Eshop at midnight? Or are you just going to wait a week and examine the smoking remains then?

Reuniclus November 19, 2014 02:07:12 PM

Is there a way to find out which Gamestops are doing a midnight release?

I want to go to a midnight release at Gamestop, but I can't find anyone to drive me there >_<

GreenMan November 19, 2014 02:52:48 PM

I will be going to the Midnight release and then enjoying the game for a bit before I pass out since my sleep schedule is more fixed and I don't stay up till 6 anymore haha.

Dragonite November 19, 2014 03:03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 296332)
Is there a way to find out which Gamestops are doing a midnight release?

I want to go to a midnight release at Gamestop, but I can't find anyone to drive me there >_<

They posted this page earlier, but I'm not sure if it actually tells you where the events are or if it's just the regular store locator with a fancy banner on it.

I found out mine because I got a text message telling me to show up for the pre-order, but that's it :P

Cat333Pokémon November 20, 2014 05:06:31 PM

I'm going to a midnight release in six hours. I found out directly from the employees there (on two separate occasions) that they will indeed be having one, and I confirmed just now from the link above that they were telling the truth. It'll be my first midnight release. :P

Magmaster12 November 20, 2014 06:23:19 PM

If I preordered the game from a store without a midnight release can I get my preorder from a different store with a midnight release?

Cat333Pokémon November 20, 2014 06:44:20 PM

No, your pre-order is only at that specific store, as that is where they will be holding the game for you. You probably could've gotten it transferred, but it's a bit close to the release date to do that now. ;)

Dragonite November 20, 2014 09:41:44 PM

Stood out in sub-32 temperatures for almost an hour. Worth it. Would do again.

Cat333Pokémon November 21, 2014 12:40:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The picture is bad, but it doesn't matter. The number on the receipt represents the position (50th) that I was to go into the store to pick up my copy. If you hadn't paid the games/figures off yet, you had to do so before you could be given a number. You also had to make any other purchases you wanted at that time. At midnight, only those with numbers could go into the store, meaning nobody could hold up the line with any purchases, until the line was exhausted. I believe there were about 75 people in line.

I StreetPassed a total of 23 people on one system and 17 on the other. (Oddly, the one with more people has the weaker Wi-Fi antenna, as it gets far fewer people around campus.)

Mistral December 12, 2014 07:40:14 PM

I could've gone to one, but I didn't feel like transferring my preorder. n_n I had plans around the area where my preorder was made anyways on the day of launch, so it was easier just to keep the preorder where it was & not go to a midnight release.

Maybe next time. :3