Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   MATTYBROLLIC'S BI-ANNUAL VICTORY ROAD CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11848)

MattyBrollic December 15, 2014 03:07:41 PM

MATTYBROLLIC'S BI-ANNUAL VICTORY ROAD CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT

Hello people of Victory Road! It's that time of the year again! Time for another VICTORY ROAD CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like the one held in the summer, the tournament will be held in the OU tier. However, this time around, the tournament will be ORAS OU!!!

This tournament will start on Saturday January 10th, and end on Saturday January 24th.

The style will again be a double elimination bracket open to as many people willing to play! If we get an odd number of players, Kakashidragon will be guaranteed a bye because he won the last tournament!

ORAS has brought us some really awesome new megas, moves and more! So let's have a great tournament guys, and lets determine the CHAMPION OF VICTORY ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-I'm planning to begin the tournament either around New Years or some time in the middle of January. Give me some feed back as to which time is most preferable to you all!

HERE IS THE OU BAN LIST: (M stands for mega) Aegislah, Arceus (all types), Blaziken, M-Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys (all forms), Dialga, Genesect, M-Gengar, Giratina (all forms), Groudon, P-Groudon, Ho-Oh, M-Kangaskhan, Kyogre, P-Kyogre, Kyurem-White, M-Lucario, Lugia, M-Mawile, Mewtwo, M-Mewtwo X/Y, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, M-Salamence, Shaymin-Sky, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom.

Also: The Soul Dew items are illegal as well.

HERE IS THE LIST OF CLAUSES: Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. Thus:
A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling.
Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or or Minimize.
Moody Clause: Players cannot use a Pokémon with the Moody ability.
OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
Sleep Clause: Players cannot induce sleep to more than one Pokémon on the opposing team at the same time.
Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
Swagger Clause: Players cannot use the move Swagger.
Baton Pass Clause: Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass.

Dragonite December 15, 2014 03:16:17 PM

Just finished getting walloped in the first round of another ORAS tournament. I'm probably in on this!

Reuniclus December 15, 2014 03:21:21 PM

I've added a poll for when the tournament should start. Don't forget to vote people!

EDIT: I've made it so that you can select more than one option too

PHANTOMxTRAINER December 15, 2014 07:03:15 PM

damn, I can't make any of those dates... sorry :\

Bidoof December 15, 2014 07:12:22 PM

Ooh, I'll join this. But, one question, is it OU according to Smogon, 'cause I really want to use my Aegislash.

MattyBrollic December 15, 2014 07:31:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bidoof (Post 296727)
Ooh, I'll join this. But, one question, is it OU according to Smogon, 'cause I really want to use my Aegislash.

It's OU according to smogon, sorry =/

kakashidragon December 15, 2014 07:50:07 PM

I might as well enter to defend my title. Plus with Oras's new megas and move tutors, i got a few tricks up my sleeves ;)

MattyBrollic December 15, 2014 09:15:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 296729)
I might as well enter to defend my title. Plus with Oras's new megas and move tutors, i got a few tricks up my sleeves ;)

You're totally going down this time!

kakashidragon December 16, 2014 01:48:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyBrollic (Post 296730)
You're totally going down this time!

We will see. Once again i'll use all my power to try to win again....haha!

Dragonite December 16, 2014 01:49:41 PM

Assuming I don't make the same airhead mistakes I did in another recent ORAS thing . . . this should be interesting :>

MattyBrollic December 16, 2014 04:24:04 PM

So excited for this!!! :)

Sub-zero December 16, 2014 07:11:14 PM

I'm down. I haven't looked at Smogon's OU for ORAS yet so I've got some research to do prior. Also, with new megas, with the fact that some aren't OU, will we still be able to use them? My guess is for stuff like Mega Pidgeot (not looking down on it, it's def a threat) and so on.

Voting for the 10th since the 1st might result inconvenient and the latter being too late. xD

Cat333Pokémon December 16, 2014 09:10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyBrollic (Post 296728)
It's OU according to smogon, sorry =/

You can change it if you want to have exceptions. ;)

kakashidragon December 16, 2014 09:14:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 296741)
You can change it if you want to have exceptions. ;)

Yeah what Cat said. I dont know any of Smogon's recent tiers list as ive ignored them since the Aegislash ban.

Dragonite December 16, 2014 09:22:44 PM

They seem to change every five minutes anyway, surely none of us will be too annoyed if you go outside the restrictions so long as you give us warning . . .

MattyBrollic December 17, 2014 07:09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub-zero (Post 296738)
I'm down. I haven't looked at Smogon's OU for ORAS yet so I've got some research to do prior. Also, with new megas, with the fact that some aren't OU, will we still be able to use them? My guess is for stuff like Mega Pidgeot (not looking down on it, it's def a threat) and so on.

Voting for the 10th since the 1st might result inconvenient and the latter being too late. xD

Yes of course you can use any lower tier Pokemon!!!

MattyBrollic December 17, 2014 07:16:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bidoof (Post 296727)

Okay here is my final decision on this... I will allow you to use Aegislash! However, I would advise that others try to refrain from using Aegislash because it heavily checks and even counters a great deal of the new mega Pokemon in ORAS OU making it much more over powered in this meta game as opposed to XY OU where it was debatable over whether it was even over powered or not.

GrassPokemonFTW December 17, 2014 05:55:28 PM

I suppose I'll join. I'd like to improve on my previous standing, and with some tweaks made to my team since then, I'd like to see how I'd fare.

MattyBrollic December 17, 2014 07:44:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrassPokemonFTW (Post 296752)
I suppose I'll join. I'd like to improve on my previous standing, and with some tweaks made to my team since then, I'd like to see how I'd fare.

Awesome!!! So pumped!!! :D

Twiggy December 18, 2014 08:29:57 AM

I don't really like Smogon tier lists, and I don't even bother to read about them. Out of curiosity, what would be Pokémon that are unusable under standard unofficial competitive play? (Me, I prefer sticking with the games' "no cover legends for the most part and event-only Pokémon" rule. Simple!)

I guess I'll still sign up, anyway. Double Battles, right?

MattyBrollic December 18, 2014 09:53:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 296755)
I don't really like Smogon tier lists, and I don't even bother to read about them. Out of curiosity, what would be Pokémon that are unusable under standard unofficial competitive play? (Me, I prefer sticking with the games' "no cover legends for the most part and event-only Pokémon" rule. Simple!)

I guess I'll still sign up, anyway. Double Battles, right?

AWESOME!!! So glad to have you!!! Okay so it will be 6v6 singles styled format. I am on my phone at work right now so when I get home, I will post the ban list regarding the Smogon Overused tier. Once again, thanks for joining :)

MattyBrollic December 18, 2014 08:11:39 PM

Hey guys, refer to my original post for all of the information on the rules of the OU tier! Have fun team building :)

Twiggy December 19, 2014 01:23:12 AM

I just hope that I'll be able to make it to an actual battle. Time zones and all that. Can you guys be a bit more flexible?

MattyBrollic December 19, 2014 10:27:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 296766)
I just hope that I'll be able to make it to an actual battle. Time zones and all that. Can you guys be a bit more flexible?

We are usually pretty flexible with these tournaments. They usually last around 2 full weeks which is plenty of time to complete all of the battles. Plus, due to a lot of students being on winter break, many of us will be able to stay up later if need be.

kakashidragon December 19, 2014 11:33:00 AM

The banned list looks ok. (Dont have to worry about MegaMence) Now off to come up with a team!

~Whimsicott~ December 19, 2014 05:34:28 PM

Reeeeally wanna join....but I still dun have ORAS yet.
. u.

MattyBrollic December 20, 2014 10:23:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Whimsicott~ (Post 296772)
Reeeeally wanna join....but I still dun have ORAS yet.
. u.

We would love to have you :) If you get ORAS soon, perhaps for Christmas, I would be more than happy to help build you a team :)

Bidoof December 21, 2014 03:13:43 PM

My Wi-Fi is down, so I probably won't be able to participate :(

MattyBrollic December 21, 2014 06:48:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bidoof (Post 296790)
My Wi-Fi is down, so I probably won't be able to participate :(

Give it time... Don't give up yet!

Magmaster12 December 22, 2014 05:02:40 AM

I'll join.

pianomaster19 December 22, 2014 12:42:43 PM

I'll be joining as well.

Can't wait to get crushed...

MattyBrollic December 24, 2014 10:30:12 AM

Let's get some more players!!!!! :D

MattyBrollic December 29, 2014 06:37:04 AM

ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS: The poll results show that the preferred time for the tournament to start is on January 10th. However, because we are running a little low on participants, I will extend the deadline to the 17th if it means we are able to snag more players. If you are reading this, please let me know if the extension would be beneficial to you or not!!! THANK YOU!

JDxImpetus December 29, 2014 08:26:54 AM

...Hm...I'll join xD

MattyBrollic December 30, 2014 05:40:01 AM

THIS IS A REPOST

ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS: The poll results show that the preferred time for the tournament to start is on January 10th. However, because we are running a little low on participants, I will extend the deadline to the 17th if it means we are able to snag more players. If you are reading this, please let me know if the extension would be beneficial to you or not!!! THANK YOU!

Tarellethiel December 30, 2014 09:11:23 AM

I've been playing around with some new ORAS stuff, would be fun to test it out! I'll participate, although I am unsure if I will be capable of doing so on the 17th. The other dates work.

Twiggy December 31, 2014 05:21:10 AM

Hmm...how will mid-battle communications be handled outside of the game itself?

MattyBrollic December 31, 2014 10:21:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 296858)
Hmm...how will mid-battle communications be handled outside of the game itself?

What do you mean?

Cat333Pokémon December 31, 2014 02:05:38 PM

I don't think we've ever had to worry about talking during the middle of a battle during a tournament. If something goes wrong or the other guy doesn't show up, what I've seen happen most often is to leave a visitor message on your opponent's profile.

Sub-zero January 1, 2015 01:25:33 AM

Nah, I'm cool with the new date. I haven't even been able to trade over my items or other Pokemon yet anywho.

@ Mid-battle talking: I remember me and PhantomxTrainer were both online and talked about the games trolling during the battle by posting visitor messages on here.

MattyBrollic January 1, 2015 08:23:34 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT: THE POLL IS NOW CLOSED AND THE STARTING DATE OF THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE JANUARY 10TH AND IT WILL RUN UNTIL JANUARY 24TH!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL UPDATE THE ORIGINAL POST AS WELL.

- This is shaping out to be a fun tournament, guys. We have around 12 people committed so far so if you know ANYONE who might battle, PLEASE encourage them to join. Thanks guys!

~Whimsicott~ January 2, 2015 02:28:31 PM

8 days until the tournament, and I just got my game xwx
Most likely won't be able to join...again XD

Sub-zero January 2, 2015 09:51:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Whimsicott~ (Post 296876)
8 days until the tournament, and I just got my game xwx
Most likely won't be able to join...again XD

Negative, the date has been moved to the 17th.

I'm kinda leaning towards using Pokemon I like rather than going on a pure competitive route. I've grown fond of this one team I've been using on wifi that's pulled through some pretty difficult teams. Not super balanced, but it's a decent team. Yeah.

Edit: Your avatar... Y-your avatar...

MattyBrollic January 3, 2015 09:01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub-zero (Post 296878)
Negative, the date has been moved to the 17th.

I'm kinda leaning towards using Pokemon I like rather than going on a pure competitive route. I've grown fond of this one team I've been using on wifi that's pulled through some pretty difficult teams. Not super balanced, but it's a decent team. Yeah.

Edit: Your avatar... Y-your avatar...

This is not true!!! The start date of the tournament by popular vote is JANUARY 10th AND IT WILL SPAN UNTIL JANUARY 24th!!!!

MattyBrollic January 6, 2015 07:55:59 AM

GUYS THE BRACKETS HAVE BEEN MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERYONE FINISH UP YOUR TEAMS, CONTACT YOUR OPPONENT, AND GET READY TO BATTLE ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9

kakashidragon January 6, 2015 11:02:13 AM

Dang i got 4 days to make a team

Sub-zero January 6, 2015 09:30:36 PM

Oh, I thought the date was being pushed back to the 17th. o.o Anywho, yup. Good thing I'm trading my pokes and items tomorrow.

Edit: Aww, I have to against Kakashi first? Those set up sweepers though. >.>

MattyBrollic January 7, 2015 05:34:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub-zero (Post 296897)
Oh, I thought the date was being pushed back to the 17th. o.o Anywho, yup. Good thing I'm trading my pokes and items tomorrow.

Edit: Aww, I have to against Kakashi first? Those set up sweepers though. >.>

Yes good thing!

Cat333Pokémon January 7, 2015 08:37:03 AM

I've got at least one more Pokémon that still needs training, but I should be able to make it. Considering I'm against you, Matt, the first round, I'm going to lose quickly. :P

MattyBrollic January 7, 2015 08:46:32 AM

ATTENTION EVERYONE: THE BRACKETS HAVE BEEN CHANGED UP A BIT DUE TO A LAST MINUTE NEWCOMER!!! I WILL UPDATE THE ORIGINAL POST AS WELL

HERE IS THE NEW BRACKET: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9

~Whimsicott~ January 7, 2015 10:33:12 AM

Darnit, now I can't battle JD XDD

Sub-zero January 8, 2015 12:21:30 AM

I didn't watch the vid with pianomaster, so I dunno what to expect on the team. Interesting!

Got all my pokes. Now I'm just battling with random ppls to test the team out. Kind of ready!

kakashidragon January 8, 2015 02:11:08 PM

I'll have a team ready by friday night. Then me and zero can battle

MattyBrollic January 9, 2015 06:35:39 AM

Tournament starts tomorrow!!! :) so excited :)

MattyBrollic January 9, 2015 09:56:05 AM

Also, I will give everyone a span of four full days to complete your matches for each round. Anyone who does not sign on or attempt to contact their opponent within each four day period will receive a loss for that round.

MattyBrollic January 9, 2015 04:54:58 PM

Contact your opponents :)

Sub-zero January 9, 2015 07:11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 296908)
I'll have a team ready by friday night. Then me and zero can battle

You're not battling me, brotha. ;)

I suppose I'm prepared. Didn't have enough time to get battles in to test this team on weaknesses, but oh well. Then again, the battles I had were against people with M-Kang so meh.

MattyBrollic January 9, 2015 08:27:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub-zero (Post 296920)
You're not battling me, brotha. ;)

I suppose I'm prepared. Didn't have enough time to get battles in to test this team on weaknesses, but oh well. Then again, the battles I had were against people with M-Kang so meh.

If you can handle mega Many you can handle anything!

Cowboy January 10, 2015 08:52:57 AM

Hello, everyone! With this new tourney, I hope to be slightly more active than I have been on the forums. And Mag, lemme know when you'd like to battle. It's good to be back!

MattyBrollic January 10, 2015 11:00:12 AM

The tournament has officially begun! Won against CinnabarPyro in a fun game. GG! :)

Brackets thus far: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9

Dragonite January 10, 2015 11:06:09 AM

Hopefully I'll be able to spend most of the rest of today doing all of the last-minute things I need to do. Whimsicott, bug me about it some time tonight, aye?

GrassPokemonFTW January 10, 2015 11:15:57 AM

I got through the first match with a solid 5-2 victory over Luchiano. Good game to him!

Cowboy January 10, 2015 12:14:05 PM

Managed to pull out a 1-0 win against Mag. Very well-played by him.
gg no re

MattyBrollic January 10, 2015 12:22:54 PM

Awesome progress so far guys :)

CinnabarPyro January 10, 2015 12:32:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyBrollic (Post 296925)
The tournament has officially begun! Won against CinnabarPyro in a fun game. GG! :)

Brackets thus far: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9

Hopefully I'll win in the losers bracket!

kakashidragon January 10, 2015 01:21:51 PM

Whos my opponet?

MattyBrollic January 10, 2015 01:46:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 296932)
Whos my opponet?

You play the winner of Tarellethiel and Reuniclus

Sub-zero January 10, 2015 02:20:30 PM

Messaged my opponent. Just fyi on here in general, I'll be working a lot this week. My only day off will be Sunday (tomorrow the 11th) then after that, work work work. I'll only be available for a very limited time, 4 or 5 hours through the day. That'll be around 3-7/8 PM Central time.

Dragonite January 10, 2015 07:58:23 PM

Beat Whimsicott, 1-0. I can't believe I got away with this o~o By all accounts she should have beaten me.

Battle video's KVDW-WWWW-WWWV-5TMU, if anyone's interested.

MattyBrollic January 10, 2015 08:07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonite (Post 296938)
Beat Whimsicott, 1-0. I can't believe I got away with this o~o By all accounts she should have beaten me.

Battle video's KVDW-WWWW-WWWV-5TMU, if anyone's interested.

That's awesome!!! Can't wait to watch it :)))

Sub-zero January 11, 2015 03:35:25 AM

On a side note, shouldn't videos wait until after the tourney?

Twiggy January 11, 2015 05:29:23 AM

*is now waiting for Scotty to actually see his VM and maybe do something with regard to battling*

MattyBrollic January 11, 2015 06:12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub-zero (Post 296940)
On a side note, shouldn't videos wait until after the tourney?

Yes probably but it's up to the descretion of the user on when they want to post the videos I guess :x

Dragonite January 11, 2015 08:33:20 AM

Might make more sense, but I don't mind that much. My team was more of whatever I felt like using than anything that's designed to win anything, it probably won't get very far anyway :P

MattyBrollic January 11, 2015 08:39:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonite (Post 296943)
Might make more sense, but I don't mind that much. My team was more of whatever I felt like using than anything that's designed to win anything, it probably won't get very far anyway :P

This tournament is about having fun and that battle looked extremely fun! Wow what a close one, I love this stuff!

MattyBrollic January 11, 2015 10:38:26 AM

Had a really fun match against Cowboy! GG brother!
Keep the battles going, everyone! :)

Updated brackets: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9

Sub-zero January 11, 2015 10:52:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyBrollic (Post 296942)
Yes probably but it's up to the descretion of the user on when they want to post the videos I guess :x

Ok! :3

I'm just waiting for pianomaster to look at the message. My friend code is on my profile so I dunno.

Edit: contact made. Also I'm using my phone abd just woke up. Too lazy to change font.

kakashidragon January 11, 2015 01:57:52 PM

Lol my team is slightly the same as last time, but with a few changes in the pokemons.

Dragonite January 11, 2015 04:56:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyBrollic (Post 296944)
This tournament is about having fun and that battle looked extremely fun! Wow what a close one, I love this stuff!

Pretty much! Part of the fun of battling is trying to make something out of Pokémon you've never used before. In this case I mixed in a few things I did know how to use so that I wouldn't get flattened in eight turns, but hey. If fun wasn't involved, this would probably be called a "chore" instead of a "game."

Also Tara, Reun and Kakashi, get your battles in already! I have the patience of a first grader! (ノ °益°)ノ 彡 ┻━┻ (That was a joke, take your time and be prepared!)

MattyBrollic January 11, 2015 04:59:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonite (Post 296949)
Pretty much! Part of the fun of battling is trying to make something out of Pokémon you've never used before. In this case I mixed in a few things I did know how to use so that I wouldn't get flattened in eight turns, but hey. If fun wasn't involved, this would probably be called a "chore" instead of a "game."

Also Tara, Reun and Kakashi, get your battles in already! I have the patience of a first grader! (ノ °益°)ノ 彡 ┻━┻ (That was a joke, take your time and be prepared!)

You're right! The ending of that battle was SO epic XD

Sub-zero January 11, 2015 05:11:07 PM

After va battle that could've gone longer than it did (a bit over 30 mins) I ended up losing to pianomaster!! Was too close for my liking. D:

Edit: lost 3-0

MattyBrollic January 11, 2015 05:13:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub-zero (Post 296951)
After va battle that could've gone longer than it did (a bit over 30 mins) I ended up losing to pianomaster!! Was too close for my liking. D:

Edit: lost 3-0

That sounds intense!!!!! That's awesome. Great job to both players!

Reuniclus January 12, 2015 01:06:24 PM

I won my battle against Tarrel 1-0 I would have lost if I didn't make the right decisions in the end.

UKRG-WWWW-WWWV-VWMN

MattyBrollic January 12, 2015 02:37:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 296961)
I won my battle against Tarrel 1-0 I would have lost if I didn't make the right decisions in the end.

UKRG-WWWW-WWWV-VWMN

All of these close games!!! Great job to both players :)

Nytz January 13, 2015 06:33:54 AM

AAAND Ladies and Gentlemen, I am Nytz, here live at Victory Road Arenas checking in on the first VR tournament of 2015! We have seen some amazing battles today, with the crowd turned up to 11, but this is only the beginning. I'm here with the host of this here tournament, Mattybrollic. Matty, would you care to share the statistics of these brilliant trainers? The crowd wants to know!

MattyBrollic January 13, 2015 07:04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nytz (Post 296964)
AAAND Ladies and Gentlemen, I am Nytz, here live at Victory Road Arenas checking in on the first VR tournament of 2015! We have seen some amazing battles today, with the crowd turned up to 11, but this is only the beginning. I'm here with the host of this here tournament, Mattybrollic. Matty, would you care to share the statistics of these brilliant trainers? The crowd wants to know!

NYTZ!!! My good friend! Welcome back! I would be more than happy to share some statistics of this tournaments participants! This is by far the most competitive tournament that has taken place since I joined the forum a little over a year ago. With 17 active participants, including most of VRs best, this tourney is destined to have an exciting finish.The previous winners of the last 3 VR tournaments, myself Pianomaster19 and Kakashi dragon, are all competing this time around. We also have staples who have done well in the previous tournaments such as Trees, Reuniclus, GrasspokemonFTW, Dragonite, Sub-Zero, and Tarellethiel. Who could forget the strong gym leaders of the forum like JDxImpetus, and Magmaster12!? We have the man who makes all of this even possible in the admin Cat333Pokemon! Finally, we were fortunate to receive a handful of newcomers, namely Cowboy, Whimsicott, Luchiano, CinnabarPyro, and Twiggy, all of which, barring Twiggy because he hasn't been able to battle yet, I have been impressed with thus far!!! I really love running these tournaments, especially with such great participants. I am really looking foralward to see how this huge Victory Road battle royals plays out! :)

Nytz January 13, 2015 07:21:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyBrollic (Post 296965)
NYTZ!!! My good friend! Welcome back! I would be more than happy to share some statistics of this tournaments participants! This is by far the most competitive tournament that has taken place since I joined the forum a little over a year ago. With 17 active participants, including most of VRs best, this tourney is destined to have an exciting finish.The previous winners of the last 3 VR tournaments, myself Pianomaster19 and Kakashi dragon, are all competing this time around. We also have staples who have done well in the previous tournaments such as Trees, Reuniclus, GrasspokemonFTW, Dragonite, Sub-Zero, and Tarellethiel. Who could forget the strong gym leaders of the forum like JDxImpetus, and Magmaster12!? We have the man who makes all of this even possible in the admin Cat333Pokemon! Finally, we were fortunate to receive a handful of newcomers, namely Cowboy, Whimsicott, Luchiano, CinnabarPyro, and Twiggy, all of which, barring Twiggy because he hasn't been able to battle yet, I have been impressed with thus far!!! I really love running these tournaments, especially with such great participants. I am really looking foralward to see how this huge Victory Road battle royals plays out! :)

You've heard it, folks! This coming from the host himself, This epic tournament, these uncanny trainers, such powerful pokemon! This is one tournament that cannot be missed! I'm Nytz, Signing out of VR Sport news!

This has been brought to you in part by Team Lunacy clans Inc.

MattyBrollic January 13, 2015 12:31:45 PM

Shout outs to Trees and JDxImpetus for another very intense battle!!!!!! This is only the BEGINNING!

Keep getting your battles done people :)

Brackets: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9

Sub-zero January 13, 2015 03:40:20 PM

Aww yeah! Going against JDx! Fun fun!!

Reuniclus January 13, 2015 03:42:40 PM

I lost to Kakashi 0-2. It was quite a good battle

Z8TG-WWWW-WWXW-BDF4

kakashidragon January 13, 2015 03:56:33 PM

He caught me off guard for sec with that suprising move

Sub-zero January 13, 2015 03:59:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 296971)
He caught me off guard for sec with that suprising move

I assume that move was Tackle or something awesome like that.

kakashidragon January 13, 2015 04:06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub-zero (Post 296972)
I assume that move was Tackle or something awesome like that.

No an unispected earthquake from a certin mon that i dont see carry often

Sub-zero January 13, 2015 04:14:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 296973)
No an unispected earthquake from a certin mon that i dont see carry often

Gotcha. ;)

MattyBrollic January 13, 2015 06:49:01 PM

All of these amazing games I can't take it! :)

Bracket: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9

Dragonite January 13, 2015 07:24:20 PM

So I finally get to have my second battle. Time to get my butt kicked for real 8D

~Whimsicott~ January 13, 2015 08:44:18 PM

OHGAWWWWWD, I'm battling Reu.
I'm dead.
So very dead.

Sub-zero January 13, 2015 10:20:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonite (Post 296976)
So I finally get to have my second battle. Time to get my butt kicked for real 8D

While that is true, your opponent is Kakashi. I must warn you, the hax Gods seem to favor almighty Kakashi in the most dire of moments, such as when your M-Manetric's Overheat misses causing you lose the match on a 1v1 against Ice type Greninja.

Edit: Also, I got dibs on Pianomaster winning 3-0. :p

kakashidragon January 13, 2015 11:50:57 PM

Im like yugi from yugioh. Instead of "Heart of the cards" its "Heart of the pokemon" lol

MattyBrollic January 14, 2015 05:12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub-zero (Post 296978)
While that is true, your opponent is Kakashi. I must warn you, the hax Gods seem to favor almighty Kakashi in the most dire of moments, such as when your M-Manetric's Overheat misses causing you lose the match on a 1v1 against Ice type Greninja.

Edit: Also, I got dibs on Pianomaster winning 3-0. :p

Wow Sub, you called that one perfectly! Pianomaster escapes with a 3-0 victory over Trees! Keep the battles going guys (Looking at Cat and Twiggy)!

Bracket: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9