Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Blogs (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   A Grassy Blog about Grassy Things (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11419)

GrassPokemonFTW September 22, 2013 06:47:06 PM

A Grassy Blog about Grassy Things

What's this? GPFTW is making a blog? Madness, I say, madness! Well, I've sort of floated around the blog forum to see what people were up to, and I suppose that I'm just jumping into the crowd. In any case, I'll try to keep my blogs updated as often as humanly possible. See how that turns out.

Enough dillydallying, then! For those of you who don't know, I'm GrassPokemonFTW, GPFTW and Grass for short. I've been on and off the Victory Road scene, but if you want official numbers, as of yet, I've been signed onto the forums for a little over 3 years. Ouch, that makes me feel old. Anyways, if you haven't formally met me yet, then I sure would love meeting you! I always enjoy making new friends. :3

With intros out of the way, I have quite a first entry to start the day off with!

Entry 1: 9/22/2013 - Of Technology, Math, and New Towns

Ah, I like Sundays. Anyways, today was particularly interesting as my mom finally went out to get my belated birthday gift. I was somewhat aware of what she was getting for me, since my previous DSi did decide to stop working with me not too long ago. So while she was out, I got to studying for my upcoming Calculus and Physics exams. And the way things are going, I'm going to be mincemeat by the time first quarter grades come out. Totally serious, I think I've bitten off a little more than I can chew as far as academics go.

Anyways, she returned a while later with my gift, which confirmed my suspicions; she had gotten me a 3DS! Yippee! That totally makes up for my mathematical failures! Anyways, she was going to make another shopping trip to the mall later, so I decided to accompany her to see if there were any games that I was interested in buying as my first 3DS game.

When I saw Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I couldn't resist. I got the game and instantly started playing it when I got home. Sheesh, my interest is influenced so easily. Of course I plan on getting Pokémon Y once it comes out, but until then, I'll occupy myself in New Leaf.

That said, I've yet to learn about the intricacies that the 3DS has to offer. I've seen and heard what StreetPass is, but I still haven't the faintest idea what it is. Plus, since my last experience with Animal Crossing was with the original on the Gamecube, the whole thing with the Re-Tail, how the Able Sisters' shop works, and being a mayor!? I'M NOT READY FOR THIS! Although the fact that I paid off the initial 10000 Bell fee in one hour I guess is any indication that I'm doing things right...I hope...

Well, that's all I have for today. Perhaps my life will have more interesting things in store for me? Who knows. But in the meantime, I'll be in a different world. *goes to play some more New Leaf*

TurtwigX September 22, 2013 07:05:04 PM

As a 3DS ambassador (that feels funny) I can explain StreetPass quite easily. When you're makin' your way through town and you walk past another 3DS owner, you instantly share data with each other and the indicator light will flash green when this happens. TADA, STREET PASS! The effects differ between games, but using StreetPass Mii Plaza as an example you swap Mii data, games last played, and their Miis for the little included minigames.
For New Leaf, you share houses through StreePass, which is good cause then you get to buy up their furniture~ It's really fun to use at conventions and such.

Seeing as how it took me like days to pay off that fee, you're gonna do great in New Leaf :P But don't burn yourself out too fast, you won't last through all the seasons.