Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Victory Road Network Support (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   ASB (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11418)

Aquablast September 22, 2013 04:07:52 PM

ASB

For those people who don't know what the ASB is, it stands for Anime-Style Battling. I personality really hope it here, and I am upset that it been close for a year. Anybody have any opinions about it being closed?

Reuniclus September 22, 2013 04:18:42 PM

I honestly don't care about ASB right now. It's been down for over a year because people have lost interest in it. For me, it was fun for a little bit, but then it got kind of repetitive and boring. If enough people seem interested in reviving ASB, then my opinion will probably change. Right now though, I don't have an interest in it returning.

GrassPokemonFTW September 22, 2013 04:24:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 285807)
I honestly don't care about ASB right now. It's been down for over a year because people have lost interest in it. For me, it was fun for a little bit, but then it got kind of repetitive and boring. If enough people seem interested in reviving ASB, then my opinion will probably change. Right now though, I don't have an interest in it returning.

I agree with this. I sort of wish that there were more interest in it, but as it stands, such interest doesn't really exist. Come to think, the Role-Playing board in general has been rather dead as of late, so I don't really see any reason for it to make a return.

IF it happens to come back, however, I wouldn't mind jumping in and doing my old duties again, for sure. But that doesn't seem at all feasible, at least for right now.

Cyrus September 22, 2013 04:38:48 PM

ASB was a fun idea for the forum, although I myself never tried any of it. It seems like interest in it was solid at first, but no real direction and management of it lead to it's decline in activity. It didn't help that around the time it started to slow down, forum activity overall was decreasing as well. I would welcome it back, but there would need to be a strong show of support for it.

TurtwigX September 22, 2013 05:36:50 PM

Like most things on the forum, I'd like to see a return.

I can see this happening after the release of X and Y. It'll have loads of new features that would add to the creativity of ASB and increase excitement. Then over time people will slowly begin to stop. Boredom, better things, the usual inactivity periods. Then perpetually all interest in it will come to a halt, leaving it as dead as it is now.

And in the end, a fad's just a fad. It'll return, but the question is for how long?

Cat333Pokémon September 22, 2013 07:01:53 PM

The times I tried to get into it led to really slow battles. The major problem is that three users are required to be active for every battle, and we all know how easily people can get sucked into projects or life matters.