Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Victory Road Network Support (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Pokékaki Updates and News (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=6243)

Cat333Pokémon November 12, 2010 01:46:52 PM

Pokékaki Updates and News

I'll use this thread to blog about the updates to the Pokékaki as I release them.

If you haven't messed with the oekaki yet, feel free to give it a shot.

The newest additions are:
  • Revised layout for submission viewing pages
  • Slightly cleaned up display of usernames, submission names, and submission descriptions
  • A preview of a user's submissions on his/her oekaki profile
  • Cleaned up search engine
  • Some basic help text
  • Now defaults to actually publish works instead of scrap them immediately by fixing up the saving

PokeRemixStudio November 12, 2010 07:10:06 PM

Great job! ^~^
And cool, an oekaki sub-board. What would it be used for?

Yoshi648 November 12, 2010 07:41:04 PM

Good job with the updates. I look forward to finally being able to add comments.

Fubab_107 November 12, 2010 07:47:12 PM

I love the Mini Update to the Oekaki,(If thats what you'd call it.)

Keep up the good work Cat!

The Spirit of Time November 13, 2010 12:05:43 AM

I never knew we had such a thing. Good job Cat.

Cat333Pokémon May 16, 2011 04:07:39 AM

I picked up a little more work on the oekaki. (Hey, I promised that I'd resume it once school ended. :P)
  • URLs in descriptions: I've got most URLs working in the descriptions, but I had some trouble with word wrapping. This isn't finalized, and certain types of links don't work correctly.
  • Commenting: I'm starting to work on commenting, but I know it won't be easy, especially because I have to simultaneously implement moderation.
  • Last modified date: I fixed a little issue with the last modified date. It now only shows up if you have edited the actual image. For anything that took less than 5 minutes to fill in the description information before, the last modified date has been removed. However, for anything that has been edited long after that, it still stands.
  • User list: Fixed it to show the people who do not have avatars but still made submissions. It also shows how many submissions are actually public as well as the total number.
  • E-mail: I just got e-mail working. There will be a Subscribe button, where the oekaki will e-mail you when a user puts up a new public image. Comments on your posts will also (optionally) e-mail you.

Cat333Pokémon June 14, 2011 03:40:03 PM

Some more updates:
  • The layout has a new Zoroark color scheme to match Victory Road and Floatzel.Net.
  • Commenting now works a little more, but you still can't post. I've got to get moderation implemented before posting will be allowed.
  • Thumbnails are now saved as JPEGs. Getting the backgrounds to be white instead of black on transparent images was not easy. This should hopefully make pages load significantly faster on slow connections.

Aquablast June 14, 2011 05:34:53 PM

I loved the new theme for Pokekaaki.

Cat333Pokémon July 11, 2011 01:54:45 PM

• Finally got commenting working! Took quite a while, but it finally works. Admins, artists (on their own pics), and commenters (for their own comments) can delete comments, too.
  • Fixed some faulty links.
  • The main page lists the three highest-rated images from the past month along with the three newest images.

Edit (July 12, 2011):
  • Edit times work now. If you edit a drawing, it now adds the new time taken to edit to the old time through a proper system. There is a warning for submissions before today's date.