Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   VRAC (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Surprise, surprise! (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10776)

Cat333Pokémon November 8, 2012 11:31:52 PM

Surprise, surprise!
 
I've got a surprise coming for when we hit a million clicks. ;)

(We're at 959,683 now.)

Quadcentruo November 9, 2012 12:21:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 267856)
I've got a surprise coming for when we hit a million clicks. ;)

(We're at 959,683 now.)

Quickly - everyone be super friendly and generous to each others' pets.

Fubab_107 November 9, 2012 12:28:00 PM

Shame I'll be at work when it does hit a million. Ah well, I can still help with clicks.

teamplasma November 9, 2012 01:43:37 PM

Woot!

Looks like we are gong to using this thread more often.

Cat333Pokémon November 9, 2012 02:02:52 PM

Once we get to 990,000, I think I'll reveal part of what it is.

RotomGuy November 9, 2012 02:07:36 PM

Quick, click everything. Everything.

GalliumGrant November 9, 2012 10:01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 267902)
Once we get to 990,000, I think I'll reveal part of what it is.

Ooooooooh, boy! I can't wait! :D

*takes a Nintendo Turbo Controller and attaches it to his laptop* Will this work?

PokeRemixStudio November 10, 2012 01:55:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubab_107 (Post 267891)
Shame I'll be at work when it does hit a million. Ah well, I can still help with clicks.

You will say "lol" as you click the millionth click and Jad will get angry because he got a million and one.

Cat333Pokémon November 10, 2012 02:05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio (Post 267948)
You will say "lol" as you click the millionth click and Jad will get angry because he got a million and one.

*chuckles a bit*


Actually, I have another idea! I will still implement the surprise, but I'd love to get everyone's input too. Come up with your best ideas for something to do when we reach a million clicks, whether it's something for a single day, something doable only once, adding a special pet, giving away a special pet for a limited time, or anything else. :D

RotomGuy November 10, 2012 03:19:23 AM

I have ideas.

Minecraft Mob Adoptables.

A Goomba Adoptable.

Trading

A Scavenger Hunt sort of thing:
Spoiler Alert:    
Upon loading a page, in a random place on that page, a berry may appear. The player should try to find every berry. 
Upon finding all the berries, a special adoptable (Victini?) is awarded. The players can view their berries through a Berry Basket.


A Search mechanic:
Spoiler Alert:    
Every Pokemon has the ability to search, however the player can only search 10 times a day.
Searching could be a way to obtain the evolution items, and rarely, maybe even a code for a special Pokemon or something.
The higher level your Pokemon, the more likely the search will succeed.
Every Search, there is a chance that the search will fail. And, after the 10 per day limit is reached, the search will always fail, showing this message:
"[Name] searched and searched, but didn't find anything."


Just a bunch of random ideas.

teamplasma November 10, 2012 05:06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RotomGuy (Post 267951)
I have ideas.

Minecraft Mob Adoptables.

A Goomba Adoptable.

Trading

A Scavenger Hunt sort of thing:
Spoiler Alert:    
Upon loading a page, in a random place on that page, a berry may appear. The player should try to find every berry. 
Upon finding all the berries, a special adoptable (Victini?) is awarded. The players can view their berries through a Berry Basket.


A Search mechanic:
Spoiler Alert:    
Every Pokemon has the ability to search, however the player can only search 10 times a day.
Searching could be a way to obtain the evolution items, and rarely, maybe even a code for a special Pokemon or something.
The higher level your Pokemon, the more likely the search will succeed.
Every Search, there is a chance that the search will fail. And, after the 10 per day limit is reached, the search will always fail, showing this message:
"[Name] searched and searched, but didn't find anything."


Just a bunch of random ideas.

If you feel like submitting them go here. That sounds a lot like ******** too, and this is a rather simple wesite.

RotomGuy November 10, 2012 05:09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamplasma (Post 267954)
If you feel like submitting them go here. That sounds a lot like ******** too, and this is a rather simple wesite.

They were just random ideas off the top of my head. Except Mnecraft Mobs. They would be amazing :D

NismoZ November 10, 2012 05:27:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 267949)
Actually, I have another idea! I will still implement the surprise, but I'd love to get everyone's input too. Come up with your best ideas for something to do when we reach a million clicks, whether it's something for a single day, something doable only once, adding a special pet, giving away a special pet for a limited time, or anything else. :D

Hmm. How about this: put a legendary or something else of the sort up for adoption with a limited quantity - say, 10 - and people can only adopt one of them to keep someone from hoarding them.

Ebolette November 10, 2012 11:05:50 AM

You should have the Articuno-Moltres-Zaptos fusion from the manga available for adoption.

Or B-Kyurem or W-Kyurem.

RotomGuy November 10, 2012 02:16:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolette (Post 268011)
You should have the Articuno-Moltres-Zaptos fusion from the manga available for adoption.

Or B-Kyurem or W-Kyurem.

We would need the unfused legendaries first :razz:

Terry807 November 10, 2012 02:25:02 PM

*Begins clicking like a madman*

teamplasma November 25, 2012 12:03:02 PM

It seems that we are getting close! Lets just get it done this week! You can do it.

RotomGuy November 25, 2012 12:03:31 PM

In 500 clicks, I beleive we are owed a hint!

Cat333Pokémon November 25, 2012 01:03:07 PM

Less than 10,000 away. Hint time~! :D
  1. There will be a special limited-time pet.
  2. Something will happen to all new pet adoptions for about 36 hours.
  3. It will likely happen on a day I have off.

Quadcentruo November 25, 2012 02:16:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 269727)
Less than 10,000 away. Hint time~! :D
  1. There will be a special limited-time pet.
  2. Something will happen to all new pet adoptions for about 36 hours.
  3. It will likely happen on a day I have off.

-Kyurem
-Shiny and/or special title
-Wednesday

Boom, got it.

Cat333Pokémon November 25, 2012 02:19:37 PM

I will say that you're very close, but not quite.

teamplasma November 26, 2012 04:37:23 PM

Only a thousand away! (More specifically 963)

ThePokeMan November 26, 2012 06:53:28 PM

http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8715

It would appear that I double-clicked one, the counter notched up from 999,999 to 1,000,001 :P

So, I wonder what the surprise could be...

EDIT: Since I felt it deserved the justice, I dug in my closed-tab history, and found the reciever of the millionth click.

http://adopt.victoryroad.net/pet/194498
Who belongs to: http://victoryroad.net/member.php?u=4963

Cat333Pokémon November 26, 2012 07:31:15 PM

As I know I'll have a bit of work on Tuesday, I think I'll put it up on Wednesday.

In the meantime, I shall inform you all what it is:
  • 100% chance of shinies for about 47-48 hours, starting at the beginning of one day and ending at the end of the next. However, each day, you will only be allowed to adopt three pets, so you can get up to six from the event. (The Pet of the Month will be disabled during that time.)
  • A special two-day adopt will be released after (with standard shiny odds).
  • Special giveaways throughout all four days.

Super Pichu62 November 26, 2012 07:48:52 PM

Everybody pick wisely on what shinys they want~

Twiggy November 27, 2012 12:13:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Pichu62 (Post 269882)
Everybody pick wisely on what shinys they want~

Indeed. I think I'll even take some duplicates!

...If only Axew could be taken out as normal.

Quadcentruo November 27, 2012 12:14:40 PM

Well, I did get "All shiny" and "Wednesday" correct with my guess.

RotomGuy November 27, 2012 12:28:05 PM

Why can't you take out Gible, Rotom and Cranidos normally? :C

Will the giveaways also be shiny?

Cat333Pokémon November 28, 2012 09:39:30 PM

Just accept what you're getting. :p

Might need to delay it to Friday. Mmm, school.

The Spirit of Time November 28, 2012 10:13:25 PM

Black Charizard, here I come!

Music November 29, 2012 03:18:39 AM

Can't wait!

Cat333Pokémon November 29, 2012 08:28:08 PM

Aright, I'm putting it up SATURDAY at a little after midnight, and it will end Sunday, a little before the end of the day. Times are in Pacific and should total about 47 hours.

The Spirit of Time November 29, 2012 10:08:05 PM

At the same time I have my midyear exams. Bad Luck Spirit.

Cat333Pokémon December 1, 2012 12:02:54 AM

The event has started!

Reuniclus December 1, 2012 12:04:28 AM

Time to get my favorite shiny Pokemon! Whoooo! :D

The Spirit of Time December 1, 2012 04:23:12 AM

I got Charmander, Vulpix and Budew.

RotomGuy December 1, 2012 04:24:56 AM

I already have a literal ton of shinies, so I chose some favourites I already like. Yanma, Scyther (for evolution) and Scraggy.

TurtwigX December 1, 2012 09:29:09 AM

Ferroseed, Shroomish, and Budew! 3 of my favorites~!

Quadcentruo December 1, 2012 09:33:07 AM

Corsola, Aron, and Ralts. I'll give you 10 Korean Won if you can tell me the reference of Ralts' name and another 10 Won for telling me the reference to Aaro- I mean Aron's name.

PureAurorae December 1, 2012 10:08:38 AM

Got Shiny Togepi, Zangoose and Archen, few of my personal favs. :D

DiamondEdge December 1, 2012 10:20:35 AM

I got a second Buizel, Zangoose, and Misdreavus.
Some of their names are based on OCs of mine. :3

Cyrus December 1, 2012 10:29:42 AM

I went ahead and adopted a shiny eevee, charmander, and solosis.

GalliumGrant December 1, 2012 11:10:55 AM

I adopted a Sneasel and a GeckoYamori Treecko! :3

It's actually quite nice to have a shiny Pokémon.

PHANTOMxTRAINER December 1, 2012 12:17:33 PM

I bought a $500 Magikarp today! :D Also, I got a Scraggy and Ralts.

RotomGuy December 1, 2012 12:22:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 270327)
I bought a $500 Magikarp today! :D Also, I got a Scraggy and Ralts.

Heck yes. I need to think who I might grab tommorow.

Magmaster12 December 1, 2012 12:57:09 PM

I already have all my favorite pokemon in shiny form.

Cat333Pokémon December 1, 2012 06:05:11 PM

I already had Typhlosion, so I picked up Zigzagoon, Rainbow Dash, and Zorua. (Hey, having access to the password list has its advantages. :p)

Also, Yoshi now has a separate color for its shiny form. I finally fixed it.

PHANTOMxTRAINER December 1, 2012 07:22:20 PM

YES. NOW MY SHINY YOSHI HAS MEANING :D... Salvation is here.

Luxray13579 December 1, 2012 07:33:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 270352)
I already had Typhlosion, so I picked up Zigzagoon, Rainbow Dash, and Zorua. (Hey, having access to the password list has its advantages. :p)

Also, Yoshi now has a separate color for its shiny form. I finally fixed it.

I call hax. The wealth should be shared.

Anyways, I picked up a Totodile and a Charmander. And because I didn't want anything else at that moment, I thought, "Why not get another shiny Shinx to accompany my many other shiny Luxray!" Yay!

Fubab_107 December 1, 2012 07:38:40 PM

Just got a Chikorita and Mudkip...... Wasn't looking out for many shinies so... ye...

Twiggy December 3, 2012 10:42:07 AM

Is it a bit crazy that I'm still able to take out Shiny Pokémon on 3 December? Granted, I forgot about it on the second day...

PureAurorae December 3, 2012 10:45:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 270489)
Is it a bit crazy that I'm still able to take out Shiny Pokémon on 3 December? Granted, I forgot about it on the second day...

Your not the only one I picked up two shinies today.

Cat333Pokémon December 3, 2012 11:49:15 AM

I de-shinified any extra pets for anyone who adopted more than six. Seems the dang time zone was set incorrectly again.

As for today's surprise, that's gonna need to move to next weekend. Sorry.

GreenMan December 3, 2012 11:54:03 AM

I wanted six but I only picked up five since I wanted one and could not get it but that's cool. Got Magnemite, Swablu(I have a shiney in black 2 :D), Gastly, and Charmander.

Aquablast December 5, 2012 12:30:05 PM

Oh crap, I forgot to check up on this so I guess I lost my chance to get some shinies. Oh well, there is nothing I can do now.

Twiggy December 6, 2012 05:16:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 270494)
I de-shinified any extra pets for anyone who adopted more than six. Seems the dang time zone was set incorrectly again.

As for today's surprise, that's gonna need to move to next weekend. Sorry.

By "next" weekend... I think you need to drop the "next".

Cat333Pokémon December 8, 2012 01:20:14 PM

Dang it, I'm busy this weekend too. I'll just give it out after finals.

Twiggy December 13, 2012 09:55:55 AM

While we're waiting for the finals to go through, maybe the front page news for the adopts need to be changed.

Cat333Pokémon December 13, 2012 12:11:53 PM

Fixed. :p

Kaorto December 23, 2012 05:47:56 PM

Nice work Cat. Keep up the good work. Imma adopt a Cubone! <3

Cat333Pokémon February 24, 2014 09:49:57 PM

I think I might have another surprise in store once we reach 1.5 million clicks, and it won't be a shiny free-for-all this time. ;)

We're currently at 1,418,922.

Cat333Pokémon May 11, 2014 04:52:51 PM

We're now up to 1,482,909! Less than 20,000 to go. ;)

Get clickin'~!

Karpy ~aka Zoroarklover~ May 12, 2014 03:46:34 PM

Seems exciting!

Sub-zero May 31, 2014 04:25:50 PM

What are we clicking?

Cat333Pokémon May 31, 2014 04:48:33 PM

*points at signatures* The pets in those. Just over 7,000 to go. ;)

Sub-zero May 31, 2014 04:53:03 PM

Oooh, ok. Got it. ;)

TurtwigX May 31, 2014 09:01:22 PM

If you want this process to go faster (7,000? Really) then let me just add that this Game Corner thread was optimized for this purpose.
http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=2497

Cat333Pokémon June 15, 2014 01:33:08 AM

Oh dang, I forgot to keep an eye on this, and we're already 11,000 past 1.5 million. I need to get the thing up soon! ;)

Cat333Pokémon June 24, 2014 06:57:25 PM

Alrighty, the first part of the surprise is that it is a giveaway. ;) Can you folks figure out the rest?

Cat333Pokémon May 3, 2015 09:06:34 PM

I'm starting to generate ideas for two million (we're at 1,722,742), but that probably won't be for another year.

Cat333Pokémon October 5, 2015 10:17:00 AM

We're getting decently close to hitting landmarks on all three numbers, including nearly 30,000 pets (29,508 now), but I'm considering what I should do when we hit 2 million clicks (1,855,702 now). It might not happen until early 2016, but I'm still curious what kind of fun ideas folks would like me to try. I've done the shiny days and the goofy April Fools' Day pranks, but in your mind what would make 2 million special?

Also, I've brought a certain thread back from the dead for those who want to get there quicker. :D

Dragonite October 5, 2015 11:29:08 AM

Elements on the periodic table, definitely. Who wouldn't want to adopt Plutonium or Arsenic, really?

kakashidragon October 10, 2015 10:08:23 AM

Be cool if u add smash bros characters as pets. (Heck we have ponys even -.-)

Cat333Pokémon January 26, 2016 02:25:14 AM

And we just passed two million clicks! I'd really love to add Mega Evolution, but I'm not quite sure how to handle it. I programmed the system to only handle a tree with three stages of evolution (i.e. iterating twice for each branch), and Mega Evolution is only temporary anyway (treated canonically as difficult to control and a high chance of going berserk).

I wonder...what if Pokémon could Mega Evolve randomly when leveled up, but it would wear off the next time it leveled up? How else could I do it without being inconvenient?

kakashidragon January 30, 2016 01:51:41 AM

Figure somethig out bro! You can do it! :)

Cat333Pokémon February 2, 2016 01:20:55 PM

I think I might give away a few special legendary Pokémon. Check out this thread for details: http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11934

(I still want to implement Megas, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.)


All times are GMT -8.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Victory Road ©2006 - 2018, Scott Cat333Pokémon Cheney