Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   What parts did HeartGold/Soulsilver dissapoint you while playing the game? (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=2229)

Charizard98 March 15, 2010 08:47:40 AM

What parts did HeartGold/Soulsilver dissapoint you while playing the game?

This is not meant to be copying "What dissapointed you in HeartGold/SoulSilver" forum. This is meant to tell people what parts they got dissapointed during playthrough! Now, I've got something really disapointing to say. I was trying to get the Eevee from Bill when suddenly I didn't save my game before it. I was trying to train Eevee at night to become an Umbreon ,but the most idoitic part of this game is that It had to be a female to become a Umbreon...OMG! I was training it to death ,but all that hard work was for nothing. The most frustrated part is that I'm going to need to get one from my bro's platinum which is at a different house right now doing college homework so yeah that Umbreon I was talking about won't be around for a WHILE! And that's what completely destoryed some of the experince for me. Just remember that this is Nothing compared to the fun I'm having with the game right now. In fact, this may win best ds game of the year! I shall be doing a review on this game from my review's choice when I get the chance. And remember to type what dissapointed you during playthrough.

Magmaster12 March 15, 2010 10:45:50 AM

The fact that they changed the game corner, they were better off taking it out of the game.

Bread March 15, 2010 05:45:22 PM

Are you sure about the Umbreon part? That just seems idiotic. Instead of leveling, after leveling, after leveling, focus on it's Happiness statistic. While leveling does help the statistic, giving items, haircuts, just walking with it for a given amount of steps, and not allowing it to faint helps tremendously. In Platinum, I raised my Eevee into an Umbreon within five levels just focusing on what allows the Happiness stat to develop.

piexing March 15, 2010 05:57:47 PM

Bread is a good adviceperson. :3
I don't have it yet, but I think I'd like to just see the Game Corner fully intact. :lol:

Sunny March 15, 2010 05:58:11 PM

I agree with the grain food above me. :V

Umbreon evolves via happiness. It also will not evolve into umbreon if its day. Make sure its night dangit!

piexing March 15, 2010 06:08:30 PM

SUNNY, I'M NOT A GRAIN FOOD. :P
Yes. Eevee + Happiness + Nighttime = Umbreon.

Flare Soru March 15, 2010 09:26:39 PM

I lol'd at the umbreon part. Where the heck did you come up with that crazy (untrue) notion? xD

I don't like how the pokemon in the forest are lv. 5 :/
I've beaten 2 gym leaders, why are the levels at 5?!?

Charizard98 March 15, 2010 10:36:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny (Post 34652)
I agree with the grain food above me. :V

Umbreon evolves via happiness. It also will not evolve into umbreon if its day. Make sure its night dangit!

Yes everyone, I know ,I trained it at night for 10 freakin levels and it loves me to death at night and STILL NOTHING! That sucks. I mean you have only one Eevee in the game for now at least and it HAS TO BE A FEMALE TO BE A UMBREON. Hey Gamefreak, I worked hard for that Eevee so why not just let it be both genders Umbreon. Anyways, like I said let's get back on topic. I want to hear your minor or major nit-picks during playthrough.

Flare Soru March 15, 2010 10:55:15 PM

probably doesn't like you enough. It has to be pretty much ready to marry you before it'll evolve. I've evolved umbreons and espeons all the time, and it takes FOREVER. A heck of a lot more than ten levels.

Recent failure found: Win the bug catching contest, and get a evolution stone...the problem is, THE STONE YOU GET IS RANDOM!!! Looking for a certain stone? Too bad! Go through hours and hours of bug catching contests, constantly resetting the game when you lose / don't get the stone you need.
Fail nintendo. The only other way to get the stones is by way of one of your phone friends finding it for you.
"Hey, player? Guess what I found! The exact item you've been looking for! Actually, I'm just kidding, I only called to tell you that my venonat sneezed today. See ya later!"

Fat chance.

>_>

EDIT: I believe I have figured this out, and it's even worse than the above statement. The first prize you win is a sun stone, then you have to wait 2 whole days to try again and win a different stone. Who knows what stone that is? then 2 more days to win a different stone...etc. etc. Basically, my water type on my team is a vaporeon, and I kinda need a water stone to make that happen, so just because of this, it could be a possible 1-2 WEEKS before I can move on in the storyline! (surf) Unless of course one of them calls on the phone with finding the item...
Who knows how long this will take? :/
*gets them on plat and trades over*

Bread March 16, 2010 12:01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charizard98 (Post 34692)
Yes everyone, I know ,I trained it at night for 10 freakin levels and it loves me to death at night and STILL NOTHING! That sucks. I mean you have only one Eevee in the game for now at least and it HAS TO BE A FEMALE TO BE A UMBREON. Hey Gamefreak, I worked hard for that Eevee so why not just let it be both genders Umbreon. Anyways, like I said let's get back on topic. I want to hear your minor or major nit-picks during playthrough.

I don't understand, are you angry that the Eevee you obtained was female? Or do you believe Nintendo just wants all our Umbreon to be girls, and therefore, that's making you angry? Either way, breed the female Eevee until you get a male Eevee, so everything is all well and wonderful in the world. But here's some quick information that can help you even further.

In order for a Pokemon to evolve via "Happiness" it's "Happiness" level needs to be around 250-255. This will have the Friendship Rater give you something along the lines of, "This Pokemon absolutely loves you, you two should make wonderful babies together."

Assuming your Eevee isn't in a Luxury Ball...

Quote:

• Walking 256 steps: +1 Happiness point.
  • Massage, Veilstone City: +3 Happiness points.
  • Massage, Ribbon Syndicate: +5 Happiness points.
  • Using vitamins: +2 Happiness points.
  • Gaining a level: +2 Happiness points.
  • Using EV Berries: +2 Happiness points.
  • Using healing items: +1 Happiness point.
    -----------
  • Fainting: -1 Happiness point.
  • Using EnergyPowder: -5 Happiness points.
  • Using Heal Powder: -5 Happiness points.
  • Using Energy Root: -10 Happiness points.
  • Using Revival Herb: -15 Happiness points.
    -----------
  • Trading to another game/Pal Park: Resets to 70 Happiness points. (If I remember correctly, 70 is the base Happiness stat for all Pokemon.)

In Heart Gold / Soul Silver's case, I'm assuming it depends on the Hair Cut Brother you get, as opposed to what massage you get in D/P/Pt.

So, it's not just about raising your Pokemon's level, it's also about making sure you gain all the Happiness points you can in order for it to evolve. To make the process go faster, give your Eevee a Soothe Bell, it will give an additional point for each situation. ^_^

Charizard98 March 16, 2010 12:36:01 AM

Now, I know what to do... give it a Moon Stone and show it love at night. Well, I geuss that it could be a Umbreon after all. *Char thinks of another complaint*

Bread March 16, 2010 12:40:35 AM

You can still raise it's Happiness level during the day, just don't allow it to evolve during the day if you want an Umbreon.

Charizard98 March 16, 2010 12:41:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bread (Post 34704)
You can still raise it's Happiness level during the day, just don't allow it to evolve during the day if you want an Umbreon.

I understand!

Bread March 16, 2010 12:46:57 AM

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/v...reapproved.png
OKAY!

Charizard98 March 16, 2010 12:59:43 AM

LOLWTF? Well, I do have one other thing. I wish the game had a more new..er story. I didn't play Silver ,but I'm pretty sure the story's the same. And a more deeper story.

FreezeWarp March 16, 2010 01:17:19 PM

Eevee doesn't need to be a certain gender to evolve. Its worth noting that day/night evolution works very oddly - if it appears to be night, it may still be too early or too late for a Pokémon to evolve. I believe this applies with Eevee as well - generally by 8PM all Pokémon that evolve through night will evolve, but only until 3AM. (Note, this is a problem I had evolving Umbreon, Weavile, and a third in Platinum - I can't confirm it in HGSS).

I also have to disagree tremendously with Magmaster - the reason they did this was because of a European law. In Japan, you can basically do what you can already do it D/P/P. This is completely new, and completely unique to non-Japanese copies. It also is a helluva lot easier to get coins - with the slots, it can take hours or even days to get 2,000 coins. Here, you never lose any, and I was able to get 2,000 coins in only about an hour.

I'm only up to Olivine (playing it slow, enjoying the scenery), but there wasn't a whole lot I can really complain about. Its obvious that a lot you see in these games will be in all Pokémon games to come, and are serious improvements: ambient noises (more realistic), outside Pokémon, complete touch-screen control, 3D gameplay (already in DPPt, but still), and Pikachu (i.e. Pikachu's forest).

Sunny March 16, 2010 03:02:47 PM

Just got it today~! Im not really dissapoint in anything, and instead amazed. =p
Only think I kinda don't like is how frequent the random battles are. .-. Did they kick it up or something? o3o

LiteTheIronMan March 16, 2010 03:13:53 PM

Yes, in regards to the Eeveelution thing:

Eevee - Eevee : No change
Eevee - Jolteon: Thunderstone
Eevee- Vaporeon: Water Stone
Eevee- Flareon: Fire Stone
Eevee- Espeon: Happiness during the daytime
Eevee- Umbreon: Happiness during the nighttime
Eevee- Glaceon: Levelup around the icy stone on that... one route... forgot already.
Eevee- Leafeon: Levelup around the grassy stone in Eterna Forest

No gender requirements neccesary, unless they randomly decided to change it in HGSS.

As for one part of HGSS that dissappointed me...

I'll be honest, I gotta say that this sounds like that already existing thread, despite you saying it's different.

Turtwig March 18, 2010 06:10:13 PM

I would like the game to have more features, that would be cool :D

Alakazamaster March 18, 2010 06:16:21 PM

Oh how I wish trainer battles were more of a challenge. A trainer with two level 10 Ratttatas? No thank you. The game would be far more interesting if you fought trainers with complete teams, not just two or three mediocre Pokemon. More Double Battles would also be cool. I remember in Diamond there was an awesome double battle right before you get to Veilstone. It was a double battle where the oponnents have 6 Pokemon, and they are good too. I want more battles like that.

Sunny March 18, 2010 06:23:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazamaster (Post 35062)
Oh how I wish trainer battles were more of a challenge. A trainer with two level 10 Ratttatas? No thank you. The game would be far more interesting if you fought trainers with complete teams, not just two or three mediocre Pokemon. More Double Battles would also be cool. I remember in Diamond there was an awesome double battle right before you get to Veilstone. It was a double battle where the oponnents have 6 Pokemon, and they are good too. I want more battles like that.

I want to make a poke-hack like that. =p
The only time wear opponents have big teams are win they have pokemon at ridiculously low levels that you can 1HKO anyways. Either that or magikarp. :V

Charizard98 March 18, 2010 06:54:29 PM

The flying part is pointless. You should go where ever the HELL you want. You can't just go to the pokemon league? Why don't you do it the same way you did in Yellow/ Fire Red/ Leaf Green where you can just go into the pokemon league and have badge requirments to do it? It just seems so pointless!

Mooshykris March 19, 2010 12:24:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charizard98 (Post 35067)
The flying part is pointless. You should go where ever the HELL you want. You can't just go to the pokemon league? Why don't you do it the same way you did in Yellow/ Fire Red/ Leaf Green where you can just go into the pokemon league and have badge requirments to do it? It just seems so pointless!

XD

As for my disappointments: Lack of a Team Rocket Executive and Red Gyarados Battle theme.

~Joshers~ June 24, 2010 07:11:51 AM

Nothing really dissapointed me, just that it was weird walking on air when your on the roof lol

LucarioMario August 20, 2010 10:38:33 AM

I just wish the Game Corner was made differently. How the heck am I supposed to get the 999,999-coin Porygon when I always flip the stupid Voltorb tile? :P

Alakazamaster August 20, 2010 11:28:24 AM

How terrible Mewtwo is in this game. In Gen 1, it knew Recover, Psychic, Amnesia, and Swift. Amnesia meant that it could OHKO ANY Pokemon on your team with ease, and not be touched by special moves since back then it served as both a current-day Nasty Plot and Amnesia. Recover also made it that much harder to catch, because you would have to constantly deal damage to it.

What do we get now? Psycho Cut, Amnesia, Power Swap and Guard Swap. The last two moves are utter trash that won't be doing anything at all, Amnesia barely serves any purpose, and its one attacking move does not run off of Mewtwo's amazing Sp.Atk, and forces Mewtwo to be completely walled by Dark-types. I think Game Freak should have been a tad nicer to the very first legendary ever made.

Sableyed August 20, 2010 01:14:09 PM

Mewtwo was easy in Firered and Leafgreen if you had Sableye. Which I did. :D

But Gen IV is REALLY pathetic.

Shiny August 20, 2010 01:51:22 PM

Ehh I hated not being able to buy coins with my money. Stupid Voltorb flip almost made me throw my DS at the wall <.<

I hated the whole Flying mechanic of if you were in Kanto you had to fly from the Indigo Plateau to get to fly to Johto and vice versa

The trainers seemed kinda weak to. They were easy to defeat

Idno58 August 20, 2010 04:42:37 PM

I didn't like the new PC setup. It was jerky and confusing.

Sableyed August 20, 2010 05:11:27 PM

Ugh, I hated the new PC. The worst part is not being able to move pokemon properly from box to box, it makes organizing them a big hassle.

Alakazamaster August 20, 2010 09:52:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sableyed (Post 89009)
Ugh, I hated the new PC. The worst part is not being able to move pokemon properly from box to box, it makes organizing them a big hassle.

This is actually the main reason Platinum is still my main game that I use for battling and such.

The Spirit of Time August 21, 2010 01:51:15 AM

Now that I am experiencing it, I hate how we rematch the Gym Leaders. It is just annoying.

[TRDRS]PokeTrader August 21, 2010 03:42:54 AM

I dissapointed me where you couldnt fly to a different region on the map, you had to fly to victory road (not this one) first then fly to the to the next.

XP August 29, 2010 02:58:05 AM

That most dungeons and areas on the map that don't look accessible to the naked eye, but on further inspection actually do. For example, Outside the Ruins Of Alph by the Union Cave entrance, Nearly all of Mt. Mortar and at first, Route 32.

Searinox September 12, 2010 04:38:27 AM

Game Corner was a huge letdown. I don't play the game at all but still.... and there's no way to buy coins! Aside from that there's very very little I can complain about regarding the games. They really got it right.

Pflanze April 20, 2011 01:02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sableyed (Post 89009)

Hm, I really liked the new pc. I haven't seen the pc on Platinum, because I never played it...I played Pearl when it was released, and stopped playing on my fourth badge...I agree with you, Gen IV is no good at all. The only thing that saved it was the long awaited HG & SS.

From me, no complaints about it.