Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   is there a cloning glitch in hgss? (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=4528)

JC July 29, 2010 06:59:22 PM

is there a cloning glitch in hgss?

I just want to know is there a cloning glitch, say like with the pc or the gts?

FreezeWarp July 29, 2010 08:05:45 PM

To the best of my knowledge no, since Platinum (despite what some people seem to think) is likewise cleansed of all such glitches.

Cam Chomp August 1, 2010 12:40:36 AM

I think they have patched the cloning glitch

Turtwig August 7, 2010 07:14:35 AM

If there was a way to clone Pokemon on hgss, I would've known already, I usually clone Pokemon in emerald, but no, there isn't a cloning glitch for hgss.

NismoZ August 13, 2010 07:37:33 AM

If there is a GTS of any sort in HG/SS, the cloning glitch would be the same as in D/P.

Ningamer August 13, 2010 08:19:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NismoZ (Post 85963)
If there is a GTS of any sort in HG/SS, the cloning glitch would be the same as in D/P.

True, BUT from Platinum onwards they patched it, so it's only possible in D/P. I think there could be a way to clone through the Pokéwalker, but I'm not entirely sure... I've been experimenting a bit...

NismoZ August 13, 2010 09:06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ningamer (Post 85977)
True, BUT from Platinum onwards they patched it, so it's only possible in D/P. I think there could be a way to clone through the Pokéwalker, but I'm not entirely sure... I've been experimenting a bit...

I'm pretty sure you turn it off while it's saving after you put the Pokémon in, and then hit "Return From a Walk". Never tried it myself, just came up with it on-the-spot, but it makes sense, right? :p

Serenade August 13, 2010 11:42:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ningamer (Post 85977)

You can clone using the pokewalker, but you won't benefit from it, as the game won't accept you pokemon back from it- though it will be in the walker and your game.

_.-Mew August 24, 2010 11:25:54 AM

No, there isn't. I'm happy that there isn't. Even weegee is see? :luilaf:

alternateshadow300 August 24, 2010 04:02:30 PM

Because of the new PC system in Heart Gold/Soul Silver, no, it's impossible to clone Pokémon.

The only way to clone in these games is with an Action Replay, but that cheat sucks because it requires getting rid of another Pokémon permanently(unless there's a Pokémon you don't ever use, then go for it).

Idno58 August 24, 2010 04:03:53 PM

There is when I play.... muahahahaha....