Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon X and Y (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   (SPOILER) Sylveon revealed in CoroCoro (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11052)

Magmaster12 February 11, 2013 05:54:31 PM

(SPOILER) Sylveon revealed in CoroCoro

1 Attachment(s)
A new Eeveelution, Sylveon (ニンフィア Ninfia) has been revealed in this month's issue of CoroCoro. While its type is not revealed in the image, its weight is 23.5 kg (~51.8 lb) and its height is 1 meter (~3' 3").

This confirms the previous rumor of a new Eeveelution debuting in Pokémon X and Y and the Pikachu and Eevee Friends short.

http://victoryroad.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4542

Cat333Pokémon February 11, 2013 06:17:55 PM

Oh jeez, does that mean we're still going to be relying on leaks for new information? I thought this generation would be smarter and have the official sources revealing things online at the same time. Oh well.

Magmaster12 February 11, 2013 06:59:30 PM

Serebii says from a trusted source that the name of it could possible be Ninfia.

Reuniclus February 11, 2013 07:19:59 PM

A full image on Serebii was found that could be what Ninfia is, but it's still unconfirmed.

Ninfia(?)    
http://serebii.net/ninfia.jpg

All I know is that it looks adorable. o3o

teamplasma February 11, 2013 07:24:44 PM

Pokebeach says

Quote:

February's CoroCoro cover has just leaked, revealing a brand new Eeveelution named Ninfia (ニンフィア). Its type and method of evolution were not revealed, but it is 1.0m high and weighs 23.5kg. Its name follows the same naming conventions of Glacia and Leafia (Glaceon and Leafeon). This means that other older Pokemon may get new evolutions again in this generation too.
EDIT: Picture removed, Reun posted same one. :P

Cat333Pokémon February 11, 2013 07:31:16 PM

Ooh, I hope it's real~! Should this be edited and moved to the news?

Magmaster12 February 11, 2013 07:38:37 PM

Looks like an Eevee made an egg with a Milotic :/

Reuniclus February 11, 2013 07:40:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magmaster12 (Post 274862)
Looks like an Eevee made an egg with a Milotic :/

More like it stole Victini's colors. :p

Magmaster12 February 11, 2013 07:43:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 274863)
More like it stole Victini's colors. :p

That's because of the eyes, but it has the fin things like the ones Milotic has.

Ditto616 February 11, 2013 07:45:44 PM

When the games were announced, I was excited, but now with more new Pokémon leaks coming, I'm boarding the hype train! I'm really wondering what type it is, with no obvious cues coming from the body. You could analyze that it looks normalish, maybe giving Eevee a true evolution, but it's really hard to say. I'm hoping otherwise, to be honest.

Cyrus February 11, 2013 07:48:50 PM

This might be just a tad crazy, but maybe...it's somehow multi-type. Like, it's not just one single typing. It's unlikely, but it would cool as heck if it was.

Soulradio February 11, 2013 08:24:46 PM

Highly unlikely. They'll stick to the Traditional Eeveelution single Typing~

Magmaster12 February 11, 2013 08:27:44 PM

There's a rumor floating around it's Fire/Flying.

LugiaDialga February 11, 2013 08:35:11 PM

I am going to be the party-pooper and say my honest opinion that I dislike it. The ribbons/bows on it look... awkward. I'm not sure what type it is, my guess is either Normal (but... Eeeve...), or Flying. But how the heck could it fly with bows and ribbons...? It looks like an over-sized rabbit to me right now, hopefully my opinion will change depending on if it's real or not, and what type it is. But right now, my personal opinion just by visual appearance is not too high. But glad to see other's like it at least instead of a LOT of LD-Opinions running around.

Soulradio February 11, 2013 08:47:53 PM

I don't mean to be rude but that's kinda expected of ya LD, I know you like cute things but you also like dark things so I never pegged you as one who'd have an interest in something that looks so fufu.

kakashidragon February 11, 2013 11:11:56 PM

Heck the type it is could be fusioned or the method to evolve to be fusion. (or have 2 eevee types in the party and lv it up somewhere) or a whole new type as they said its a secret.

Cat333Pokémon February 12, 2013 12:14:51 AM

Given it's pretty much confirmed at this point, I have edited the first post and moved it to PokéNews.

I'm suspecting its English name will be something like "Ninfeon" based on how Leafeon and Glaceon were named.

Maybe it's Bug type and based on the word "nymph?" (Nympheon? Nymfeon? Nimfeon?)

hinorashi February 12, 2013 03:56:03 AM

Dear Game Freak,

Is it too late to trade this Victini-Mienshao in for this cool bird?

http://goput.it/n6t.png

Regards,

Hino

EmeraldRuby February 12, 2013 03:58:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 274874)

I'm suspecting its English name will be something like "Ninfeon" based on how Leafeon and Glaceon were named.

Maybe it's Bug type and based on the word "nymph?" (Nympheon? Nymfeon? Nimfeon?)

Maybe, given that it's a meter tall.

Shade February 12, 2013 04:39:40 AM

When I see the prefix "nin", I am reminded of ninjitsu. Ninjutsu translates into "the art of stealth/secrecy", so maybe its typing will deal with stealth? In my opinion, Ninfia will most likely be a flying type, with those ribbons that are flying in the wind. Maybe the fact that many ninjas strike from the sky [it is a means to retain stealth, as not many will expect an attack from the sky] supports that a little?

teamplasma February 12, 2013 06:26:19 AM

In the picture (right about Ninfia's head) there is a smaller (and not fully shown) picture of what looks like Ninfia in battle. It is on the ground and there are shiny things around it.

But those darts could be an effect of the pokeball.

PureAurorae February 12, 2013 08:16:42 AM

Oh my this new one does look cute I suppose, especially it's little bowtie!

teamplasma February 12, 2013 09:35:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another new photo~
Attachment 4543

Plusleplusminun February 12, 2013 03:02:01 PM

Well this confirms evos/pre-evos for gen 6! Yay! Hmm as for typing I suspect it's either fighting or a whole new type. I probably will use this in my team in my playthrough of Y (I'm getting Y first) but if it's fighting type and if Kirlia is in the regional dex (Gallade is my favorite Pokémon) then that'd be a small problem but oh well.

teamplasma February 12, 2013 03:42:01 PM

I just think that it is a normal type. Why can't Eevee have a normal evolution?

Sheep February 12, 2013 07:17:17 PM

Ninfia looks adorable omg, but the only type I can imagine it being is normal. Kind of odd since I assumed Eevee would be the only normal type but I guess we don't actually know yet - maybe it can transform those ribbons into boxing gloves or something haha. I won't be surprised. xD;

Reuniclus February 12, 2013 07:21:18 PM

I'm hoping Ninfia is a Normal type evolution...unless it's going to be some sort of new type. (It kinda looks like a fairy)

I've recently contemplated the possibility of there being a Fairy type, but this ain't Yugioh. :P

Twiggy February 12, 2013 11:49:27 PM

I think I want a plush of the new guy here. It's Victini-cute - so much that I want to take one home! I'm a sucker for cute things, and this new Eeveelution is no different.

Probably has a normal type

kakashidragon February 13, 2013 08:20:09 AM

to me this game is another diamond and pearl as eevee might have another new stage besides just ninfia.

Super Pichu62 February 13, 2013 08:54:00 AM

Im quite excited for Ninfia to be an adorkable Eevvelution, but at the same exact time im unhappy that they revealed another Eevee evolution. I feel like they should reveal more evolutions that Pokemon should have. Like for example...I feel like Riolu or somebody like that can get a second line evolutin or maybe even a baby Pokemon to get people hyped up. I feel like we have enough Eeveelutions and can stop.

Luxray13579 February 14, 2013 04:49:26 AM

UPDATE: Moments ago @Pokémon tweeted a link to Pokémon.com, announcing Eevee's new Eeveelution, Sylveon! No type information was given, but there is battle footage and images!
Pokémon XY Official

Twiggy February 14, 2013 06:01:33 AM

Sylbeon looks all cuddly there. Looking at the name, well... it's probably way easier to figure out the type now. Normal, or new type?

kakashidragon February 14, 2013 08:15:26 AM

i cant even say say its name hard to pronounce it.

Sheep February 14, 2013 12:39:29 PM

I keep calling it Nymphoen on accident, haha. D; But Sylveon is an adorable name - I love it a ton! Hoping it's a flying type, personally.

PHANTOMxTRAINER February 14, 2013 12:52:56 PM

Looks like it was using a few noticeable moves there. The first one was Focus Blast, next was Trump Card, don't know what the third move was, but the last one was Swift.

Cat333Pokémon February 14, 2013 01:35:57 PM

Hm, looks like they're actually being punctual and revealing the names in English without waiting a while. :P

~Whimsicott~ February 14, 2013 01:59:06 PM

If it is Normal Typing...I truly wouldn't mind using it, as long as it's fast X3

LugiaDialga February 14, 2013 02:20:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As far as trying to predict the skitty-colored skymin looking thing-- I mean Sylveon's type, here is an interesting thing from Tumblr that randomly popped up that is pretty intriguing. Notice how they're arranged, eh?

http://victoryroad.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4550

PHANTOMxTRAINER February 14, 2013 02:57:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LugiaDialga (Post 275004)
As far as trying to predict the skitty-colored skymin looking thing-- I mean Sylveon's type, here is an interesting thing from Tumblr that randomly popped up that is pretty intriguing. Notice how they're arranged, eh?

http://victoryroad.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4550

I'm not really sure I understand the picture.

LugiaDialga February 14, 2013 02:59:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 275006)
I'm not really sure I understand the picture.

Each Eeveelution is across from a type that it has a type advantage (well one way at least, the opposite being not very effective). Implying that Jolteon is facing towards Sylveon to imply Flying type.

Reuniclus February 14, 2013 03:14:55 PM

I guess it could be a Flying type...but it has no wings or things to fly with (unless you think those ribbons act as propellors or something like that).

Then again...
http://serebii.net/art/th/492-pl.png
This guy could fly without any wings.

hinorashi February 15, 2013 01:22:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 274990)
The first one was Focus Blast

Unless if the Eevee line suddenly gained Focus Blast TM compatibility, this looks as if though it's an indicator.

UltimaRaichu February 15, 2013 06:55:35 PM

Sylveon looks cool, but what's its type....
It continues to be a mystery.

The Spirit of Time February 15, 2013 06:59:06 PM

It would be disappointing if it is Normal-type. I think the most likely type is Flying.

Twiggy February 15, 2013 08:10:09 PM

*wonders if it's Flying, it'll also be Normal*

PureAurorae February 16, 2013 09:51:35 AM

If I be honest I hope it is neither flying or normal but rather be a new type.

john-li February 17, 2013 08:54:36 PM

I want one!

The Spirit of Time February 18, 2013 07:02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PureAurorae (Post 275088)
If I be honest I hope it is neither flying or normal but rather be a new type.

I highly doubt a new type to be made. It is not something fans would enjoy, to be honest.

Reuniclus April 19, 2013 05:32:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It is possible that Sylveon's type was revealed in the recent new Mewtwo form video.

I recently found this picture while I was trying to look for clues for Sylveon's typing. I remember seeing this picture during the trailer and I wanted to take a hard look at the icon surrounding it. The image surrounding Sylveon in the shot is pink, but it looks like it has the Insect badge in it from Black and White. (Note: the Insect Badge is in the picture for comparison ONLY) Sylveon is also in a pink oval, which suggests that it might be a kind of cocoon. (hard to tell since it also looks like an egg). Since the Japanese name for Sylveon is Ninfia, it suggests that it was named after the word "Nymph" which is directly related to plants, insects, and nature alike.

john-li April 19, 2013 06:28:24 PM

Wow you just mad a discovery this is interesting

teamplasma April 19, 2013 06:38:44 PM

It seems a little obvious now with that, and the fact that it has butterfly shaped bows (we can admit most bows don't look like butterflies), and the large bug-eyes.

Cat333Pokémon April 19, 2013 06:41:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 274874)

Hmm, I wonder if I guessed right. :-P

teamplasma April 19, 2013 06:58:27 PM

"Now that I take a second look at that photo, I notice that Espeon is death staring the rest of them. :lol:

kakashidragon April 19, 2013 07:25:55 PM

Yeah i see those bug like eyes it has, if you look at those carfully you do notice a bugish eye look.

Super Pichu62 April 20, 2013 07:07:58 AM

As a contuation to Reun's hypothesis and opinion, i tool a closer look at the other backgrounds for each of the other Eeveelutions. Glaceon for example looks like the Icicle badge from Sinnoh and and Flareon look like a combo of the Heat badge from Hoenn and the Volcano badge from Kanto. Just a theory, but i thought these notes can help too

XxMagocDewottxX July 7, 2013 03:39:59 PM

New eeveeloution good or not?

Hey! in pokemon X and Y I heard there is gonna be a new type AND eeveeloution!i think is called Sylveon or somethin' like that.Anyways,i wanna know if you guys think its cute or not!:razz:

Tarellethiel July 7, 2013 03:57:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxMagocDewottxX (Post 282185)
Hey! in pokemon X and Y I heard there is gonna be a new type AND eeveeloution!i think is called Sylveon or somethin' like that.Anyways,i wanna know if you guys think its cute or not!:razz:

Sylveon is a new Eeveelution to be released in Generation VI. It's a representative of the new Fairy-type, which is primarily a counter for Dragon-types (Fairy-type attacks being super-effective against them and Fairy-type pokémon presumably resistant or immune to Dragon-type attacks). Marill, Gardevoir, and Jigglypuff will be retyped as Fairies, and it is inferred that other pokémon from previous generations will be retyped also. And yes, it's adorable.

Wolfbane5001 July 7, 2013 05:18:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxMagocDewottxX (Post 282185)

This picture has never fit better than now.
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...4/slowpoke.gif

Magmaster12 July 28, 2013 06:07:23 PM

So I personally think there's still a slight chance we will get a second dragon type type eeveelution this generation.

My guess is they only introduced Sylveon to get people interested in fairy type, if they introduced a second one it would have gotten less attention.

Cat333Pokémon July 28, 2013 06:12:09 PM

Makes sense. Umbreon/Espeon. Leafeon/Glaceon. Sylveon/???.

Magmaster12 July 28, 2013 06:29:05 PM

I'm gonna guess it's Dragon since it's the only type officially confirmed to be Super-Effective against Dragon.

Especially considering Fairy was only created to counter Dragons.

Sub-zero July 29, 2013 04:13:32 PM

Well, considering the Weak/Strong duo we usually get with Eeveelutions, would I be ok to assume that the other one may be Poison? Sure, it could be Dragon, but what if Fairy is picked for the weak side? I dunno... I would kinda like to see what a Poison one would be like over Dragon.

Sylveon will go OU. Lol.

Reuniclus August 3, 2013 04:44:52 PM

I think I can figure out Sylveon's base stats- or at least think about what they might be.

All Eeveelutions share the same numbers for their base stats: 65, 65, 60, 95, 110, and 130.

For Sylveon, I think this would be the most possible Base stat distribution:

HP: 65
Atk: 65
Def: 60
SpAtk: 95
SpDef: 130
Speed: 110

The only things that might get switched around would be Speed with SpAtk or Attack with Defense.