Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Other Pokémon Gaming (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   PMD: Gates to Infinity Recent Happenings (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11130)

Cat333Pokémon March 26, 2013 07:59:14 PM

PMD: Gates to Infinity Recent Happenings

1 Attachment(s)
I figured I'd create a recent happenings thread for this game separate from the general GOF discussion thread. Remember to use the spoiler tag to keep spoilers hidden.

I seriously hate (and this has been since the first time I played Blue Rescue Team) how a single turn can ruin your game, notably getting put to sleep and slowed.

But I found an interesting typo on the team naming screen:
http://victoryroad.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4697

Notice the word "the" in front of the team name. I didn't put that there.

Edit 1: It appears from later screens that "The" is supposed to be capitalized but only is capitalized sometimes. Lovely, thanks for that. >_>

Edit 2: And now it's Team Fluttershy? Make up your mind, please. :-P

Cat333Pokémon March 27, 2013 01:48:57 PM

You may want to avoid using the keys until you have gained quite a few levels compared to the areas containing the detours (as called by a character in the game). They house incredibly high level Pokémon (notably Braviary and Excadrill), on par with boss Pokémon compared to when you are first able to enter. However, they also contain high-level treasure boxes with rare items, so you'll definitely want to head into them later.

I've unlocked about ten dungeons, but I keep being told to do more requests and build up Paradise before going about exploring the new dungeons, and the whole while the story is progressing and I can't explore all the new dungeons. :P

teamplasma March 27, 2013 03:11:58 PM

I started the game choosing to be Axew (I didn't like how I didn't get a personality test :( ) and chose a Pikachu as my partner. I wanted the Attack and have a Special Attack partner. Plus I like how Dragon resists a lot of the basic dungeon types :)

So about now in the game I am just taking requests and such.. I have found about 4 Chests, and they all have Gold Bars in them, and I don't know if that is just what comes in them or if there is a variety and I haven't seen anything but gold bars.

I also tried to use my one and one red key... major fail! I was attacked by 2 (very strong) Braviarys!!! Not pretty...

Reuniclus March 27, 2013 03:19:41 PM

I just got up to building up my first area of the Pokémon Paradise; the Oran Field. Looks like Paradise Points also replace the rank points you used to receive in past Mystery Dungeon games. I've also recruited several Pokémon including a Litwick. :3 It doesn't look like the story is progressing for me yet, so I guess I need to do more missions.

Here's my biggest complaint about the game: you can only do 1 mission at a time. I normally used to do 4-5 missions in a single dungeon and collect all of my rewards afterward, but the fact that you can only do 1 mission at a time and not multitask is a bit of a letdown since it really slows things down.

Cat333Pokémon March 27, 2013 06:30:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 277224)
Here's my biggest complaint about the game: you can only do 1 mission at a time. I normally used to do 4-5 missions in a single dungeon and collect all of my rewards afterward, but the fact that you can only do 1 mission at a time and not multitask is a bit of a letdown since it really slows things down.

I looked up some information on that last night, and while it is a bit crazy early in the game because you can easily do a few at once, when you get to the later game there are few times when you actually get requests for the same area.

Oh, this is minor spoilers, but it doesn't seem to matter to the story, so you can open it if you've already started doing requests:
Requests    
You may have noticed that the bulletin board only provides requests that reward mostly materials for Paradise. Once you get a little farther, a second board opens up with difficult missions with rewards that are primarily rare items and money. I haven't yet taken any missions from it, but they're probably worth it once you get to a significant level.

Reuniclus March 28, 2013 01:27:24 PM

I just rescued Swadloon in the Inflora Forest. The game is actually better than expected. It's at this point in the game that your partner Pokémon starts to have different characteristics than the partner Pokémon from past games. (This one characteristic is quite sad :<)

My Paradise is also Silver Rank (Rank ups occur pretty quickly so far)

isbragg March 28, 2013 02:22:56 PM

[Rant]Why is everyone calling it Gates of Infinity when it is very clear Gates to Infinity? Look at the freaking box or title screen, people![/Rant] On topic now: I have made it a long ways into the game, and am currently getting prepared for what I believe is the final Boss. No spoilers from me though. My free time is going to be cut into majorly in the near future when I get to work, so I should not have this much free time soon.

Reuniclus March 29, 2013 05:58:34 PM

Alrighty, I got my team of 4 set up: Oshawott (Me), Snivy (Named after someone sneaky :P), Litwick (Kendle), and Croagunk (Phantom). I also got up to the part where I find Umbreon (one of Shade's cousins?) in the town Inn.

Also just a random question; is it possible to connect with others via SpotPass? (Not Streetpass)

Cat333Pokémon March 29, 2013 06:00:56 PM

Nope, StreetPass only.

My last event was meeting Umbreon as well, and my team currently consists of Tepig (me), Axew (partner), Emolga, and Virizion.

isbragg March 29, 2013 10:08:45 PM

I've now beaten the game and I have a few bones to pick with the ending.

ENDING SPOILERS    
Usual PMD Sad ending? Check. The player character getting to stay in the Pokemon world? NOPE! Seriously, the game makes me cry with a long, sad ending, then goes full idiot by not putting me back in Paradise. I'm now in control of who was my partner (Snivy) and I am no where to be seen. WTH?!

teamplasma March 30, 2013 05:57:02 AM

Currently: Saved Swadloon from the forest. It took me forever since I neglected to pay attention to the flowers. I have a Water Gift (sold my Grass Gift) and I am try find a stong water type to befriend.

Cat333Pokémon March 30, 2013 10:50:47 PM

I saved Espeon earlier and reunited the duo. The after events are quite interesting, and Quagsire made me laugh for about a minute because of one of his lines.

Also, weather is EEEEVIIIIL! Try to get off floors with weather ASAP, as you can't heal simply by pressing B+A or walking around.

teamplasma March 31, 2013 03:47:29 AM

^^^^
Just happened to me too!
But I had already entered the magnagate. I got past the tenth floor of the first dungeon.

Reuniclus March 31, 2013 02:10:26 PM

I entered the Magnagate earlier this morning and completed the first dungeon. I really don't like Sandile when they drop my accuracy and make me flinch. I feel like I've only fought Sandile and Mienfoo in the first dungeon too, bleh.... Other than that, the only reason I'm still playing the game is because of the concept of exploration. I'm still not too fond of the plot or characters. :/

isbragg April 1, 2013 01:00:28 PM

I'd like to retract my rant form my previous post because...

Post-game Spoilers    
...as it turns out, after playing the post-game for a little bit, you are given the option to have the main playable character (yourself as a Pokemon) come back to the Pokemon world. I jumped all over it.

Also, Super Rank Paradise.

Cat333Pokémon April 1, 2013 07:11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 277513)
I'm still not too fond of the plot or characters. :/

Really? I love the characters. I think they're quite funny. :P

Anyway, after heading out and getting through the Great Glacier, I played a bit with the Companion Mode and tried out some of the boss fights on the request board. It seems pretty fun but can be evil at times.

Cat333Pokémon April 3, 2013 10:47:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I knocked out
Spoiler Alert:    
Golurk
and met
Spoiler Alert:    
Kyurem
before being ejected from the Great Glacier. Pretty interesting how Virizion
Spoiler Alert:    
recalls Keldeo
after finding the Frisms. Definitely gets you wondering how things will play out. Like I said above, I really am enjoying the characters and am finding that things work out surprisingly well when you plan ahead. I also love playing as Zorua in Companion Mode. :D My favorite feature so far is easily the leveling up of moves. Quick Attack is so much more useful now, especially with both Espeon and Umbreon boosting it up.

Also, this is perhaps the creepiest thing I have seen in the game so far:

Cat333Pokémon April 5, 2013 03:34:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, sweet justice~
Attachment 4733

I made it a bit further and figured out some details involving the dream.
MAJOR SPOILERS involving the dream    

Munna and Kyurem are evil, Hydreigon is good, and the Great Glacier is really controlled by the Bittercold.

Reuniclus April 6, 2013 02:54:34 PM

Bleh, I feel no desire to play this game anymore. As much as I love the Mystery Dungeon series, I find the gameplay to be frustrating. Teammates get separated so easily and the dungeon view is too small. Completing dungeons also doesn't feel as...fulfilling as they used to. Another one of my complaints is that I don't feel that close to my partner Pokémon on a personal level. In the last few Mystery Dungeon games, there were many instances where just me and my partner would explore dungeons, but now it's everyone in a giant group.

The last time I played the game was when I just got up to the Great Glacier. Doubt I'll get any farther than that. >_>

Cat333Pokémon April 6, 2013 08:03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 277944)
In the last few Mystery Dungeon games, there were many instances where just me and my partner would explore dungeons, but now it's everyone in a giant group.

Oh, trust me, that happens towards the end, and you learn a lot of little secrets. I can't really say much because it's much better when you learn things for yourself.

I, on the other hand have gotten so into the game that I've been playing it non-stop for most of today. It's so addicting trying to build up Paradise, especially now that I need to build a Reviver Field so I can get a flowing supply of the things.

Oh, and if you want a little "cheat:" use a Pure Field (very last thing you unlock...I haven't gotten there yet) to build an endless supply of Pure Seeds. Bring along as many of them as a dungeon has floors and you can clear it in seconds flat. Add a bunch of Trawl Orbs to the mix and you can practically sap all the goods from a dungeon. I don't know if Trawl Orbs still steal from Kecleon, though. I assume they'd be really handy on the floors with detours if they work.

Progress, contains late game stuff!    

I finally got back to Post Town and back to the Great Glacier and defeated Salamence.
Don't say I didn't warn you! Seriously, play the game and get to Salamence before reading this.    

Hydreigon practically gets shattered to pieces and his spirit has to save your life.

Off to Kyurem and the Bittercold!

Cat333Pokémon April 7, 2013 01:23:28 AM

Welp, I just saw the ending. It's a whole hour long! Time for the post-game and Paradise building. :D

ENDING SPOILERS    
I totally did not cry.

It is the same as the previous games. You do get sent back to the human world. Except...this time you don't come back.
A redaction    
You can go back, but the ending suggests you can't.

Axew should seriously get rid of that second bed so he doesn't get sad every morning.

HYDREIGON BREAKS THE FOURTH WALL!

Also, the music is amazing. Kudos to the composers!

Reun, finish the game. Just do it. You have some time coming up. I had my doubts too, but I had hope that it was going to get better, and it did. If you don't have hope...
*spoiler removed*

Cat333Pokémon April 7, 2013 05:29:31 PM

Well, I officially no longer trust games with the option to say no. Seriously, the first couple times you get to say no to recruits or helping leads to characters acting funny and you being forced to say yes...

...except one of them actually kills you. >_> And it's one of two times in my entire playing where the game automatically saves without asking.

Open only if you know what the Worldcore is    
When your partner makes a wish to allow you to the Pokémon world, do not say no! Your character will be killed (as if you failed the dungeon), the game will be saved, and you will be forced to redo the Worldcore to get another chance to say yes.

Cat333Pokémon April 8, 2013 07:13:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I went to do one of those 99-floor dungeons (The Path of No Return) with these rules:
  • You are reset to level 5
  • No items
  • No teammates
  • All moves and other boosts are reset temporarily
  • Hunger is enabled
I had no trouble at all for the first 30 or so floors, including a Monster House. However, things started to pick up in difficulty after that. Lilligant had way too much fun with Teeter Dance, especially when all of its friends were confused too. While I never hit 0 on my belly due to plenty of apples, I entered another Monster House and found this loveliness:
Attachment 4751

I got mauled, ran out of Reviver Seeds, and was forced to use an Escape Orb. Oh well, I got to keep all my items, and I managed to pass through 55 floors without dying. :D

Reuniclus April 11, 2013 06:53:53 PM

I hope you're happy, Cat. :P

So, I did continue playing Mystery Dungeon during a long car ride. I'll go ahead and put this in a spoiler:

Spoilers!    
So I left off just before entering the Great Glacier. In the next dungeon, I managed to recruit a Zorua and Pawniard. I've also noticed that each floor in these dungeons tend to be a lot wider, but there are less floors overall. After completing the dungeon, I got to the Ice Palace. This next dungeon was more difficult for me; I ran out of Reviver Seeds. Midway through the dungeon, I came across a few Frisms. One of which contained Keldeo's voice. As I got to the end of the dungeon, my team battled Golurk and two Cryogonal. Golurk was annoying nonetheless and I'm starting to notice that these Pokémon are starting to have abilities that make them resistant to orb effects. After beating Golurk, Kyurem appeared and left a treasure box (the rewards were a bit disappointing IMO >_>). Before disappearing, Kyurem remarks that he has not seem Keldeo even though he left a frism halfway through the dungeon.

Reuniclus April 13, 2013 01:09:01 PM

Well this game certainly loves plot twists. o_o

More Spoilers!    
So after defeating Kyurem, my character has more dreams of Munna getting attacked by Hydreigon. They make Hydreigon sound so overpowered to the point where it seems ridiculous >_> My partner and I set out on a long journey through the Magnagate to get to Kilionea Mountain to save Munna. Only one problem...SHE'S EVIL! I never trusted that floating piggy bank from the start >:U Oddly enough, Hydreigon is good, not evil at all. Hydreigon is definitely one of my favorite characters in the game. The fact that you go through a couple dungeons with him is awesome. :D I also managed to rescue my partner and tried heading back to Paradise through a big desert. But then out of nowhere, KYUREM! Seriously, where the heck did he come from, and in a desert no less!? Not to mention Kyurem almost killed me...literally. But what really got me was when Hydreigon got shattered by Kyurem. He was the best partner ever... ;-; I did shed a few manly tears when that happened. Now I'm at Paradise with everyone else planning what to do next.

Oh, and my favorite theme from the game so far~

Gotta say, this game got a lot better now that there's a solid antagonist. :3

Cat333Pokémon April 13, 2013 06:04:21 PM

I've lately been working on a few things: leveling up to get harder missions and strategizing for the quickest way to mop up the boss board.

To make boss battles (from the boss request board) really easy solo:
  1. Train up Rollout if you haven't been doing so already. Mine is level VI.
  2. Setup an Encourage Field if you don't already have one.
  3. Select a tough boss mission. I've been doing the seven-star ones.
  4. Empty your inventory and money, then bring only an Encourage Seed. You may optionally bring a Reviver Seed or two, as well as some Oran Berries or orbs that allow you to dodge, like All Dodge Orb or All Protect Orb, but you shouldn't need any.
  5. Save before heading out.
  6. On the first turn, eat the Encourage Seed.
  7. For every subsequent turn, spam Rollout.
  8. If you have a hard time, just take it as a loss (or reload the game) and try another boss. Certain Pokémon can foil this tactic, notably those who drop your defense and slow you. I think your perfect accuracy may get shot if they lower it, too.
  9. Reap the rewards, especially the Paradise Points. You'll probably get lots of Poké, Gold Ribbons, and stat boosters too.
  10. Repeat as wanted. The same tactics work on legendary bosses.

TurtwigX April 14, 2013 07:58:44 PM

Oooh, time to recount everything that has happened since I opened the box to the time I saved and stopped right where the demo would end.

-The boxart is so pretty! I could stare at it for hours... and I actually did stare at it for an hour.

-It's a good thing I decided to read the Info Poster (which was incredibly short. 4 pages, really?) or I would've never found out about that free DLC dungeon. And then I never would've looked at the DLC menu, which actually pretty nice and sensible for Day 1 DLC. Things to help boost beginner players? Smart move!

-The graphics are even more beautiful than in the demoo, even though they're exactly the same. The intro is amazing and I now require myself to keep the 3D up when it comes on.

-The whole beginning of the game seems pretty... fast. Which is funny, considering the text goes by reaaaally reeeaaally slow. I'd leave it up to the 5 minute personality quiz being taken out and the scene with your partner being pretty short, but it still feels odd.

-The game is so cinematic. I'd love to see a 3D animated short that looks just like this. And when the overworld isn't limited to the grid like the outside portion of the first dungeon... it feels SO good. Even the dungeons are new and astounding with their complex new visuals. This game gives me reason to keep the 3D on.

-The area around Post Town kinda reminds me of Treasure Town. Only a bit... smaller. They shrunk and compressed a lot of things. I miss Kanghaskan's warm friendliness that a box can't replace. And Keckleon's shop is cluttered without the separate categories the bros. had.

-The idea of the "Paradise" seems kinda weird... I don't understand it, but I feel like it's supposed to be like a Utopia, which I don't believe in. But hey, it's my partner's idea, not mine.

-Those Timburr have the most adorable "WTVF are you even thinking?" neutral facial expression. But they seem like the most shifty of characters so far... it's creepin' me out... And the Call Me Maybe reference XD Shoot me dead, man :P

-The music in this game is so Mystery Dungeon (Well obviously.) I dunno why a transition to 3D would make me feel like everything would change, but it still has the basic charm of a Mystery Dungeon game. It just had much better graphics and I feel less... attached, if you know what I mean.

-Of course the first Magnagate I try out would be an "Extreme Cavern." Thankfully that name meant nothing, it was only 6 Floors and had a none too difficult boss. But this makes me think... are Magnagates just a cute little random feature because 3DS or does it actually tie into the story...?

-I think I mentioned that I love walking around in the open overworld. Especially when I push people when I try talking to them. I managed to push the Leavanny all the way from the center of Post Town to the gate leading to the crossroads. :P

-First the odd behavior, now the whole Scraggy situation. These Timburr freak me out with each new line of slow moving dialogue.

I stopped there. I think this is a dream come true so far, but the text is too slow, there could be more partners to choose from, like many DS games there needs to be more touchable stuff on the touch screen, and those Pokémon I pushed should at least walk back to their spots. :P

And one more thing    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=9176
I must have it painted black.
I can't wait to find a key that opens this.

Cat333Pokémon April 14, 2013 08:29:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 278344)
And one more thing    
[IMG]I can't wait to find a key that opens this.

Spoiler Alert:    
Yes, you can wait. You will be slaughtered by Braviary if you open it as soon as you get a key.

As for the Magnagates, they're a fun extra, but they're a great way to get good items while you're playing through the story.

Reuniclus April 15, 2013 03:21:21 PM

You know this is turning into a powerful game when you can relate the concepts with things happening IRL.

Things I've noticed    
With all of these stories of shootings and bombings happening recently, it's no surprise that people are becoming more bitter. It is becoming harder for people to trust each other because of these very incidents. It's just like how Bittercold is affecting all of the Pokémon in the Mystery Dungeon game. 

Cat333Pokémon April 15, 2013 04:37:51 PM

Now do you see why I wanted you to play the game? ;)

TurtwigX April 15, 2013 09:42:00 PM

-This morning I tried my hand at the free DLC dungeon Poké Forest. My God, there was so much CASH. And items, too! I ran out of space in my bag. But there were these odd big Pokémon that wouldn't wake up no matter how many times I attacked them or anything. I'm getting bad vibes from them...

-So it's not Timburr I want to smash, it's Gurdurr. What is with this messed up world without compassion? Oh well, nothing this crazy Snivy partner of mine can't fix. They really make the partner seem more like the main character in this game.

-Oh my gosh, the house is so wonderful! It's got that nice homey feel to it, just like in Blue and Red Rescue Teams. Just before the giant face upgrade to the house.

-Quagsire must really love us. To go through setting all that up he HAS to care somewhat. And a Deposit Box right near the house? Okay. I'll admit it. THAT is better than Kanghaskan. But his, mmm, speech impediment still annoys me slightly, hmm?

-I can't stress enough how beautiful these dungeons are, having a gridless floor plateau on mountain dungeons and then an inner portion... I just hope the harder dungeons have more inner floors before the gridless floors.

-Pawniard Brothers? Just the word "Brothers" instead of "Bros." screams that it's a scam. Poor little Dunsparce, I guess we'll just have to save him again. The things he'll do for love.

Cat333Pokémon April 15, 2013 09:56:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 278399)
-This morning I tried my hand at the free DLC dungeon Poké Forest. My God, there was so much CASH. And items, too! I ran out of space in my bag. But there were these odd big Pokémon that wouldn't wake up no matter how many times I attacked them or anything. I'm getting bad vibes from them...

That's for good reason. This game has a threshold where overpowered Pokémon are sleeping, and if you do less than 1 point of damage, they will not wake up. The reason I warned you about the door is because similar Pokémon are behind it, except they're not asleep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 278399)
-Quagsire must really love us. To go through setting all that up he HAS to care somewhat. And a Deposit Box right near the house? Okay. I'll admit it. THAT is better than Kanghaskan. But his, mmm, speech impediment still annoys me slightly, hmm?

Oh, it gets better. ;)

TurtwigX April 16, 2013 05:24:35 PM

-Saving Dunsparce in that ULTIMATE TEAM-UP was fun! Even though one turn lasted like a whole thirty seconds. I only got to faint one thing, though, since everyone else was all "Let's be super cool and not let the main character have fun!"

-I love the little details that are put into this game. Even when I was just running about on the cross roads. I ran circles around my partner and Snivy actually showed the Confusion-status stars and dropped his head. It was so adorable I had to do it five times. Sorry, Snivy~

-What?! Oh my God, I swear to God, these people can't be FORCED onto the team. I mean, I'll take the lovely lady, but I HATE Emolga and Dunsparce is OBVIOUSLY weak. I'd rather have Quagsire! At least Paradise will be more lively...

-Yes, I FINALLY got to register as a team. It only took years since I started the game. It feels weird being separated from the guild, but I'll get used to it. Welcome to the federation, Team Poké Rush!

-Quagsire... is a SIR? Like Sir McCartney? Sir McQuagney? WHAT? He's... he's actually COOL? OH MY GOD. HE'S JUST LIKE GUILDMASTER WIGGLYTUFF ONLY WITHOUT THE BAND OF MINIONS AND A CUTE LITTLE BIRD. PLEASE JOIN ME ON MY ADVENTURES.

-... WTVF is a Bubble II and Bubble III? He's lying, right? HE'S LYING, RIGHT? And what is this about SHARING moves? And EXP for those left in Paradise? This game... it just wrecked the whole system. It's TOO innovative all at the same time! It's ALL TOO MUCH! FOR ME TO TAKE! Quagsire likes us too much, I think I'm in love~<3

-If I were to like anything about Emolga, it'd be how much hate he has for Lady Virizion. I hope Emolga is a dude, I really do, then I could ship them together so perfectly. Emolga x Lady Virizion OTP.

-Scraggy is SO Quagsire's slave. Being forced to run a shop in Paradise AND having to be nice. Oh well, at least he has one of my favorite shops. But... when do I get Move Linkage, yo? I wanna link my Dragon Rage and Assurance.

All this cool stuff is exhausting. I have to break for today.

Cat333Pokémon April 16, 2013 06:20:24 PM

I did two major things since my last update:

- I completed enough requests to unlock the Musical Paradise. Now I can enjoy lots of music~!

- I purchased the Skill Treasury DLC. I heard it was the best one for collecting items, and it was only $2.50. Holy crap, you get so many items (notably evolution stones and treasure boxes) that your inventory can fill twice in one pass. You also get apples for usage in Cape at the Edge and Slumbering Cave. Oh, and it comes with the Treasure Town theme, one of my favorite songs from Explorers, so now I can blare that tune all over Paradise. For anyone interested in spending a little money (or if you have $2.50 leftover from previous purchases), I highly recommend this one.

TurtwigX April 17, 2013 06:26:01 PM

-Leveling up moves... I still can't grasp this concept. I bet X and Y won't even be close to this level of innovation.

-This is totally sucking that I can't accept more than one mission at a time. What ever happened to stacking up Job Requests? And most importantly, WHY DOES THE TEXT MOVE LIKE MOLASSES? But... the fact that it makes me feel so warm that I completed a mission... that might make up for it. BUT I BETTER BE ABLE TO ACCEPT MORE AT ONCE IN THE FUTURE OR SO HELP ME GOD-

-At first, I thought Gurdurr was just playing with my life again. Even though my partner's a total softie. But... those tears were so genuine. REAL MEN STILL CRY!

-This game is like a grand softie contest with Gurdurr and the partner at the top. Quagsire too, but he's totally winning because I love him in return~

-Oh, did I ever go how I felt about enemy Pokémon evolving mid-dungeon now? Because I hate it. It was terrifying and it caught me off guard and I shut down the game. Do not want. But... does this mean there's no Luminous Place in this game? With the odd voice of evolution?

Cat333Pokémon April 17, 2013 07:07:33 PM

Your own Pokémon can evolve mid-dungeon when they meet the requirements at level-up, but you can't evolve yourself nor your starter until a very obvious point in post-game.

Cat333Pokémon April 18, 2013 12:36:46 PM

For anyone who has been eying the DLC, they just added the last few dungeons a few hours ago. (One is literally named Mount Tepid. :p)

Edit: I picked up Treat Road and Kecleon Bazaar.

TurtwigX April 18, 2013 05:19:07 PM

This is gonna be a quickie since I didn't type out things as they happened.

-I made a whole lot more Magnagates today. From a clock, a friend's shirt button, his eye of blue, and my brand new Django Unchained DVD.

-Through a request I got the land cleared for a Pleasant Plain and built an Oran Field. Did I ever mention that I sooooo love Paradise? It's like a combination of the Guild, the Friend Areas of Red/Blue Rescue Team, and Join Avenue.

-I FINALLY found out what that Red Key I got was for, something in Stony Cave. When I got there the effects were awesome, so awesome that I gave a tiny shriek in joy. But it was very short lived, one of those large Demon Braviaries got up and started attacking me! I was no match, my moves did nothing and it took out half my HP in one shot. I tried to get rescued, but I have no idea how it works...

I can only end this one way. *Spins around and shoots off a victory pose*
V-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL~♪!

isbragg April 18, 2013 05:48:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 278554)
I tried to get rescued, but I have no idea how it works...

It uses StreetPass. If you pass by someone who also plays the game and they have a Reviver Seed in their Passerby Post, you'll be rescued.

Cat333Pokémon April 18, 2013 11:51:54 PM

You can be a thief in the Kecleon Bazaar! While it's nothing new that you can steal from Kecleon, it's so easy to do it, and the rewards are massive.

Bring the following:
  • 7 Foe-Hold Orbs (more if you don't plan on stealing everything; 7 should get your inventory full)
  • 1 Escape Orb
  • 3 Pure Seeds (optional)
  • 1 Reviver Seed or Detect Band

Now, here's what you do, for every floor of the dungeon:
  1. Locate both the bazaar and the stairs. Most floors have the bazaar.
  2. If the bazaar and stairs are decently far apart (more than about 40 steps), determine if the loot is worth using one of your Pure Seeds, such as items you know you'll use or items of very high value. If it's not worth it, go to the next floor, then go back to step 1.
  3. Move the team to the stairs, with at least one of them planted atop the stairs and the other two surrounding them. If any entrances are nearby, get one of them to guard it. This is what's new in Gates to Infinity: several Kecleon spawn on top of and around the stairs if your team is not there, so you can use your team to create a path to the stairs through them.
  4. Set the team's tactics to "wait here."
  5. Loot the desired items from Kecleon.
  6. When you leave the shop, be careful of where Kecleon is standing. When he asks if you want to pay, you can safely decline. Use that opportunity to reorient Kecleon such that he does not have a direct line of sight to aim Psybeam at you, which is capable of going around a wall.
  7. When called a thief, ignore the team attacking and immediately use a Foe-Hold Orb.
  8. Slowly walk to the stairs. You cannot switch team members.
  9. If you see any Kecleon on the map or see your team attacking again, use another Foe-Hold Orb. This is the reason why the rooms have to be nearby if not using a Pure Seed; Kecleon repeatedly spawn around the map every time you take a step, and they won't be affected by your initial petrification. You also cannot use an Escape Orb while being chased, so get to the stairs quickly!
Use your Escape Orb or finish up the dungeon once you're finished.

In one run through the dungeon, you can haul roughly 150,000 Poké worth of goods (or 15,000 if you plan on selling everything you don't need) if you fill your entire inventory with TMs and flags.

TurtwigX April 19, 2013 05:42:40 PM

-Dude, V-Waves are so broken dude. No PP necessary? Boosted EXP? SHOP DISCOUNTS? Although, I admit it makes grinding easier. I love 'em anyway~

-A second request board? Could that be for outlaws in the future? Or taking on multiple jobs at once? Cause I'm tired of just plucking off single jobs and rescuing people and not beating up strong Pokémon.

-Oooh, pretty mirage~ That seems like it'll be an important place, I just HAVE to go there!

-I tried to steal from Keckleon again today... and it so didn't work. Maybe if the game would just let my partner die already. D: Next time I'm bringing a Joy Seed and I'm HUNTING KECKLEON'S SHOP DOWN. THIS SAVE FILE WILL NOT BE BEATEN UNTIL KECKLEON HAS BEEN ROBBED.

-Yes, finally I get to "punish" some bad Pokémon! Odd how Sir McQuagny is the one putting up these requests, cause he was there when I won. At least I get to fight and release all my rage, now~ But... so seriously, what is that second request board for?

-What!? I can already play as someone different? Yep, I knew it. The main character is worthless. I might as well play as my starter from now on. I AM NO LONGER AXEW, I AM NOW A SNIVY. (P.S., Aw crap, it doesn't work that way yet. Ah well. :P)

-Creepy criminals? Strange dreams? Insomnia as a result? Oh yes, I feel the vibes of an erupting plot! Which means... the feels... I'm not ready to cry yet!

-Inflora Forest 1F WHAAAAAT!? I swear to God, I was on the FIFTH floor. It's not only a mystery dungeon, but a magical mystery maze. The Magical Mystery Maze is coming to trick you today!

-Ooooh, I think I get it now. That's why it zoomed in on that totally useless flower. Veeeeeery cleveeeeeer.

-Umbreon suspicious? Naaaaah. But... Entercards? What? And that cirlce is a mag- NOOOOOOOO WAAAAAY. MAGNAGATES ARE IN THE PLOT NOW?

Cat333Pokémon April 22, 2013 02:18:49 AM

I think I found a new favorite trick, or rather found an old one that still works.

Bring a Pierce Orb, a bunch of Joy Seeds, and three Pokémon (plus a pitcher) you want to level up to a short dungeon. Switch to your pitcher, walk down a hallway (with tactics set to Follow Me or Let's Go Together), use the orb, and begin tossing the seeds at your team.

Of course, this doesn't just have to be with Joy Seeds. It works with vitamins, Max Elixirs, doughnuts, any other seeds, apples, and berries. I have no idea if it works with orbs, evolution items, or manuals.

Two words of warning, though. First, an item may miss a Pokémon, so you might want to save before entering the dungeon if you're tossing anything extremely rare. Second, if any enemy Pokémon happen to be in the line of fire, they will also be affected by the tossed items, so be careful if you throw a Violent Seed. ;) Send them some projectiles instead.

Aquablast April 22, 2013 02:41:41 AM

I just defeat the
Final boss    
Bittercold
last night and started the post-story of the game.

Simonorged April 22, 2013 07:49:22 AM

I wish I could have been a charmander...

Cat333Pokémon April 23, 2013 01:23:45 PM

I played multiplayer with GreenMan last night and found the following out:
  • You have access to the entrance of paradise in the same form as Companion Mode.
  • You have full access to the Deposit Box, Quagsire, Scraggy, Rampardos, Cinccino, and Cofagrigus. Only the host is allowed to use Victini. I'm guessing Gurdurr doesn't allow you to manage your paradise, but I didn't see what he says.
  • You can only do requests off the outlaw board.
  • The requests are of the host's game's difficulty.
  • Each player can bring a single Pokémon and has his/her own inventory. However, if a Pokémon faints and does not have a Reviver Seed, one can be taken from anybody's inventory. (I don't know if Bug Bite and related moves can rob from anyone or if that only happens when someone is depleted of edible items.) Flags work as normal.
  • If at least one Pokémon survives, everyone still succeeds. (I am not sure if that one Pokémon has to be the host.)
  • All rewards are normal. However, Paradise Points do not cause Paradise to level up until a job is completed after disconnecting, with one level per job if enough points were gained to go up multiple levels.
  • The host's Team Skills apply to everyone. (I am not sure if visitors' Team Skills apply yet.)
  • I have no idea how to trade items short of doing so in the boss dungeon.
  • Like in singleplayer, no Pokémon may earn experience points.

I'll get more information on the unknowns the next time we play.

Cat333Pokémon April 23, 2013 11:47:04 PM

The Path of No Return can be a good place to farm various good items (including X-Ray Specs and Goggle Specs) on the early floors as long as you can find an Escape Orb and not faint. Fainting leads to a loss of everything you collected in the dungeon. I personally recommend Virizion.

Twiggy April 24, 2013 10:23:33 AM

I bought this game. I guess I don't hold on very well when it comes to getting games that I really, really want. It's now on the SD card... and well, we're back into our adventure!

Spoiler Alert:    
What a... well, can it get any worse than the last set of PMD games? Yes. Yes, yes, yes. The world is... well, I certainly don't feel like being in such a world. Sometimes it reflects off things too well...

Cornered! Cornering! Cornered again! Cornering again! This is going to be a breeze, I thought, as basically the Post Town itself pummelled our bad guys in a certain dungeon that involves a certain Dunsparce.

I love it when... well, hey, our team has five fixed members. I want a cuddly Emolga in my team all day!

By the way, the team name is now Axewllent.

Cat333Pokémon April 24, 2013 11:53:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 278803)
Spoiler Alert:    
Sometimes it reflects off things too well...

Just wait until you get through the game. ;)

TurtwigX April 24, 2013 12:09:02 PM

It's been a while, but all I've recently been doing was dying.

Now I finally know what that other board is for. Pity it's nothing I was thinking of. But I hate the emphasis on wireless connections it tries to have by only allowing one from your game. How lame.

How is it that when I take a step into a dungeon Pokémon just randomly level up? Is this like a team-shared EXP bank thing? I'm so confused.

Finding Espeon was no big deal. Our team is UNSTOPPABLE. That dungeon just proves that the visuals have advanced like crazy and they are so beautiful~ I thought that boss was going to be hard, but one of them was Purugly. That poses NO threats. At all. Ever.

So we have the Eeveelutions. We have the Entercards. We can go to the Great Glacier. But WHY does one have to stay behind? This nonsense didn't exist before, especially since the Teams were of TWO Pokémon. I don't know why I can't just leave behind everyone else that's on my team, I recruited a lot for a reason!

My partner... I feel like someone just called HIM the leader of my team. NO. It's MY team. I'M the main character. Why does he play such an important role? Why does everyone play such important roles? I feel like there's almost no need for me anymore.

And now that I keep dying in Telluric Path, it's time to switch to Companion Mode. Finally, something where I can just relax and play for playing. The "leader" of my Companion Mode story is Simon the digger Drillbur. I hope I can reach the Luminous whatever whatever soon, I want him to evolve.

Cat333Pokémon April 24, 2013 02:01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 278806)
How is it that when I take a step into a dungeon Pokémon just randomly level up? Is this like a team-shared EXP bank thing? I'm so confused.

You are correct. All experience gained is shared among all Pokémon you have at that time.

Cat333Pokémon April 24, 2013 10:31:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 278774)
I'll get more information on the unknowns the next time we play.

• Quagsire allows you to switch out the Pokémon you are using as well as operates his standard shop.
  • Item trading looks like it can only be done in the dungeon.
  • All players' Team Skills are shared.
  • As long as one Pokémon survives, it's a victory.
  • Gurdurr says he is closed.
  • Only the host may use Victini, which is fully functional.
  • Couldn't test Bug Bite.

Twiggy April 25, 2013 10:18:50 AM

OK, I played the game a lot, and...

Spoiler Alert:    
I want Victini to spam his victory pose! And his V-WHEEEEEELLLL *cue fanfare*

Heh, Kei (Partner Snivy). ...sorry, shouldn't have laughed. I think... well, I guess we'll have to be partners. Somehow.

Gotta love how the viewpoint sometimes shift to someone else during cutscenes. Also, I've noticed that, with every cutscene comes free recovery. I guess I have something to thank, as PP runs out VERY easily and normal attacks don't work well at all in this game!

Having 48 slots in the bag is very convenient when you can pretty much fill it up with Oran Berries, Heal Seeds, and Reviver Seeds.

I need to find a way to... get back my original main menu music. After downloading the DLC, it's now spamming Battle with Rayquaza and Mt. Steel. Hey, at least it sounds... oddly familiar.

Dunsparce really, really needs more love. Emolga and Dunsparce make for a great duo.

I was thinking that Emolga would end up rigging, taking the short straw. Nah, it's really random! I was hoping that Emolga would just stay. It makes sense, right? Indeed, it does! It's a last-minute party swap!

It's... so... beautiful. And gotta be careful, though, because in hail, regen does not exist!

Spoiler Alert:    
...I've noticed that I'm getting less red-lined words in the above text than expected on my browser...

TurtwigX April 25, 2013 01:34:21 PM

Twiggy, how is it that you just got this game and yet you're almost caught up to me? That scares me.

Anyway, I suppose I'll spoiler this one up as well.

Spoiler Alert:    
-I've just developed a good strategy for myself. Whenever faced with an obstacle that seems kind of difficult like that DANG TELLURIC PATH... *sigh* I can just easily shift into Companion Mode and do some "training." By doing loads of missions I can get more EXP and PoKé. The cash can be used to buy Reviver Seeds and all the EXP will be carried over in the first step. I'm so smart~

-Smokin' Christ, my plan ACTUALLY worked, too. I got through Telluric Path with relative ease and got some upgrades. I didn't know moves could go up to IV, Quagsire stopped at III! But I can't complain, because more is BETTER. Like Twiggy said, it's bad that the standard attack sucks, but it doesn't matter much to me since I'm overflowing in Max Elixers. Dual Chop would be my signature move if they didn't delete that feature for the L-Select.

-The whole Great Glacier quest was really something. The Magnagate hopping, the traveling, the Frisms, all of it. I even got to recruit a lot of Pokémon to Paradise (that I couldn't use because I'm "on an adventure." That's not an excuse!) But I don't understand what's up with me being the only one able to breathe when Kyurem made his first appearance (From the back of the boxart, he looked like a boss.) At least it means I'm an important character again! Or whatever happened to Keldeo, because he's my swag brotha. Like I NEED him on my team. And most importantly, WHEN CAN I SELECT MORE THAN ONE MISSION TO GO ON? Like, COME ON! I'm tired of the slowness!!

Cat333Pokémon April 25, 2013 02:18:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 278830)
I need to find a way to... get back my original main menu music.

I believe the only way to do that is by removing the SD card (for cartridge copies), or by deleting the DLC from the SD card (which can be re-downloaded). The only place you can hear that song again if you keep the DLC on the card is the Musical Paradise (sound test).

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 278842)
I didn't know moves could go up to IV, Quagsire stopped at III!

I think the maximum is VIII, then the star, but I believe the moves can keep getting better. I'm not sure.

Twiggy April 26, 2013 03:33:42 AM

So much plot going on, I'm getting a strange headache.

Spoiler Alert:    
I see that the box art for those with a physical copy tells you something. Notice how something doesn't seem to belong there, IIRC? Or why something is not there?

Dual Chop VI is... well, it looks like I'm blazing through dungeons like no tomorrow. Too much power, too much PP, hits most of the time... egad!

I hate being split up. Then again, it does mean that there is no chance of things going wrong because there's only yours truly to control.

A rescue mission gone awry! Or rather... well, that was wild. It's... now a total mess. I guess they really, really like to flip the plot upside-down in this game. "I won't <action> you!", indeed :P No, really, Hydreigon won't eat you :3 *wants to cuddle one*

This game really, really likes cut scenes for a roguelike :P Hey, at least it's a great way to show off that we can finally have awesome cut scenes, now that we're no longer locked to 3/4 in 2D!

Almost... to... Post Town...

TurtwigX April 26, 2013 02:45:09 PM

Okay, this was a load.

-Now that the glacier thing is over it's finally time to get back to the norm- LOL NO. Munna contacts me by dream again and this time it's completely clear. And so I spill the beans to the town, and for once it didn't end in a disaster. In Blue Rescue Team I had to flee the town because everyone wanted to kill me. In Explorers of Time I had to go rogue with Grovyle because I was a vigilante. Now everyone accepts me and cheers me on? Okay.

-But before that I built up my Paradise a little more and went on the ultimate quest. I added a Grass Dojo and Dragon Dojo for my mains Axew and Snivy, and I also prepared more land just cause I could and I wanted to make Gurdurr smile~ He's so cute~ And as for the quest... I FINALLY was able to steal from Kecleon! After so many failed attemps... why did they have to make it crazy hard this time around? Thankfully due to an easy method I made with a little help from my friends, I successfully pillaged his wares! (Even though they weren't all that great.)But what's with it not recording my successful heist in some notebook like it did in the last two games? How lame. Since it took too many resources and I got no achievement, I'll only try that again if I'm luckily prepped.

-The Magnagates that Umbreon and Espeon make never cease to amaze me. It's just another reason why I love 3DS graphics, as bright and cartoony as they usually are. And thankfully it's only us two, so the journey will be much simpler. That path and the Forest of Shadows were incredibly easy to go through. Especially the Forest, because it was nighttime most of the Pokémon were asleep. I got a chuckle out of that one. It even seems that a lot of the "Strong Golems" (Pokémon that are asleep for being overpowered. That's what I call them.) can be easily downed by my SUPER DUAL CHOP!

-Munna... oh my God. This was one plot twist I DID NOT like. WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE? No. I can't deal with this. I can't even understand a single BIT of it. I'm sorry, SK, but I have to go turn on Black or Black 2 and slaughter a few thousand Munna to get the rage out.

-Thank God my Dual Chop is outrageous, especially when augmented with a Violent Seed. That made the battle so much easier. I can't believe I had to do that by myself... and then more show up!? Okay, WHO AM I, AND WHY AM I SO IMPORTANT? Thankfully before I get wiped out without finding out, the "evil" Hydreigon swoops in and makes it better! With some fantastic cutscenes as well! I can't believe I've been sort of doubting this game, this is fantastic!

Now all I need to know is where my partner is. THAT is the mystery...

Twiggy April 27, 2013 02:19:50 AM

This was the heaviest stretch yet.

MAJOR SPOILERS from last post up to the ending. Don't say I didn't warn you.    
Just as soon as we almost make it to Post Town, Kyurem appeared out of nowhere. Hydreigon didn't even get a line out after that before becoming a case of literally shattered lives. Aaaaand then I get stomped on like there's no tomorrow. I have a strong suspicion that things are going to go south extremely fast.

Hmm... It's planning time... I guess it's the time for the final confrontation. The Glacier Palace sure looks like, most definitely the final dungeon of the game. I played too many RPGs to know what's up, but... yeah, this feels different from all the past stuff in Pokémon. At least the main series.

The talk, on the other hand... well, that sure caused a panic. We barely have any real support, though young ones seem to be... well, nobody really wants the world to end, don't we? But still... there's something that makes everyone think that it's hopeless to bother changing the fate of the world.

It's going to be way harder than usual when you are chained to the plot, but I like having a plot that I want to resolve. Having only myself and the partner also means that team management is a non-issue most of the time as long as everyone sticks together. Though, sometimes, I feel like I keep running out of space in the bag. I guess I prefer to be careful on long hauls.

I think the game likes to pause the game play every now and then. There seems to be an unusually large amount of time dedicated to cut scenes the nearer we are to our final destination. Feels great to get to see the other parts of our team having something to say.

You know you're good and well-prepared when you can wipe out almost everything in one move, huh? And when we reached the end of the first part of the haul, well, I guess we have an old face to see again. Salamence? Heh, you're not welcome here. *spams Dual Chop* (I like how you can use party-affecting Orbs like there's no tomorrow.)

At least there was a way in - by... well, now you're thinking with portals!

For some reason Espeon and Umbreon managed to get to the top portion - wait, this looks suspiciously like a door. An ice door? Something's probably inside. How long was Keldeo being held prisoner in the first place? Months? It doesn't look great for him, to be honest.

Ah, the eeeeeevil Munna :3 And we're almost ambushed? Oh gosh- yet again, count on them last-minute portal entrances to save the day! Even then it's quite hard work to get everything in order.

Maybe saying evil is a bit of an early judgement that isn't something that should be made at the end, though. The world seriously needs fixing now? Eeyup. There's been too much negativity around these parts. Then again... deep down...

I guess there's a real reason to stay positive in this negative world. Can't exactly face the world if we're all doom and gloom. Not like this. Life can't end.

I wonder how Munna fares after shielding us both from a crashing pillar of ice...

Kei's having difficulty breathing as we climb up, but I've noticed that he's holding up a whole lot better. He should be collapsing, and yet he didn't. It's the last stretch of the haul, as I thought...

Kyurem seems to be some sort of neutral guy that doesn't seem to know what's best for him. It's quite annoying when you have to deal with 3-tile-wide attack spreads, but as long as Kei stays out of the way, I can spam my speed boosts with just Dragon Dance. You see, if you can move fast, you can get out of the way of a two-turn attack.

We're off to... put an end to this. ... ... ...

WAIT A SECOND BITTERCOLD IS NOT A POKEMON WHAT THE HECK THAT'S OUT OF NOWHERE! And... the first stage... is hopeless? *gulp* It's like... it's...

There's not even any move name in the message log!

...giving up is not an option.

Either I'm way overpowered or it's intentional, but two uses of Dual Chop (4 attacks) did short work of Bittercold.

And here comes the ending!

So we gotta find a way out. But how? We're so deep inside that... ugh, we blacked out.

The Glacier Palace is no more! And with that... mmm, rainbows, since, well, forever! Guess it's another sunny day in Post Town again!

And we wake up... in some bizarre space of... space or something that made Kei thought that we're dead. Apparently not. And... Kyurem appears again? Huh. Guess the powers that be decided to do something to us...

...and we're face down, smack in the middle of Post Town crossroads. Guess we're back. Looks like everyone somehow teleported to Post Town just as the palace was crumbling. Guess it's a happy reunion after all!

And with that... IT'S PARTYING TIME! Who'd have thought that Hydreigon is such a biiiiiiiig eater?

...huh? I have something to... well...

Guess it won't be long for me for this world. Next morning, not far after I wake up one last time, I suppose. Can't even bother to say goodbye because it would only hurt more as far as I'm aware of. (This sounds oddly familiar...)

One last view... of... things that I've hold dearly for the entire game. And... it looks like... our team noticed me. Floating up.

There was a Frism that Hydreigon wanted to give me as I get back to my true home... and... it's none other than my partner's. When I'm alone... when I'm almost out... I played the recording.

...it's very heart-warming, to be sure. At that point... I broke down. There's just... well, too much weight on me...

And... at the end... I guess... you can never forget. Forever and ever...

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I was crying while I was sleeping last night? Sometimes... I just want to cling onto something.

TurtwigX April 27, 2013 10:40:13 PM

Spoiler Alert:    
-That whole adventure with Munna and Hydreigon was a plot bomb. I can't even say anything about it. But I will say I was sad when Hydreigon just got wrecked like that. I wanted her in my Paradise so badly...

-So now I'm off to destroy the Bittercold! Sad how I just get back to Post Town and they're already kicking me out. Oh well, this plot's really heating up! I can wait to smash Kyurem in the face with a nice large Dual Chop VI.

-And so I'm done playing as the main character. It's time for Simon the Driller (Now an Excadrill) to take charge! I've been doing a lot of the Left-hand Board missions for massive PoKé and a lot of EXP. Since I have Earthquake as my dominant move I can't really have people on my team anymore... pity...

-I absolutely adore it when you take a weak and almost never-used Pokémon out of the Paradise and take it on a mission. Then they get all that team shared EXP, level up maybe about 20 times, and learn a plethora of moves. All in a few minutes. It would be seconds if the dang text speed would move faster...

-ELITE BOUTIQUE OWNER QUIT WHAAAAT? No one told me they could QUIT. Okay, let's think rationally... Maybe if a certain amount of time passes after not using the shop they leave because you never pay them. That would make PERFECT sense.

Time to prove I'm the coolest cat around! Team Poké Rush will save the world! I hope...

Twiggy April 28, 2013 05:40:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 278958)
ELITE BOUTIQUE OWNER QUIT WHAAAAT? No one told me they could QUIT. Okay, let's think rationally... Maybe if a certain amount of time passes after not using the shop they leave because you never pay them. That would make PERFECT sense.

I think it's more of the owner that's the issue. :3 Apparently, I haven't had much luck, either. Then again, I almost get overpriced deals, so... good riddance, I suppose?

Magmaster12 April 28, 2013 09:36:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just caved in and bought it

Magmaster12 April 28, 2013 06:03:40 PM

So far I think there is way to much text in this game.

And I'm still mad they couldn't include more pokemon.

Cat333Pokémon April 28, 2013 06:07:04 PM

The Elite Boutique is supposed to close after monster sales. It's very cheap to build, but I'm not wasting the material on upgrading one.

Reuniclus April 28, 2013 06:45:52 PM

Wow, it's been a looooong time since I posted my progress here.

MAJOR SPOILERS    
I got to the last dungeon in the game and beat Salamence and Purugly (they were both easy). Then I got up to the part where I beat the stuffing out of Munna; ohhh that felt so good. >:3 But then I realized that Munna really isn't that evil after all and she saved me and my partner from a falling pillar of ice. After walking up the stairs, I got up to Kyurem's lair. This next battle....was unimaginably difficult for me. Kyurem likes charging up for his attacks, and those attacks have ridiculous range. Glaciate is annoying because it lowers my speed and Fly is worse because you don't know where he'll land! The first time I fought Kyurem, I ran out of Reviver Seeds and got defeated. (my attacks did only about 20-30 damage >_<) I had to resort to hax in order to win this one; I used an All Dodge Orb. :P All Dodge Orbs can be your best friends in these sorts of fights. So yeah, I beat Kyurem through almost pure evasion hax. After that, I went into the next room and fought Bittercold. And who knew the final boss wouldn't be a Pokémon? ._. (I can only think of one other game that's like that). Again, I used an All Dodge Orb and continually blasted Bittercold with Water Gun. :P And hooray, I beat the game~

Twiggy April 30, 2013 06:19:16 AM

Hah. I've reached Master Rank, and there seems to still be more. Dang Musical Paradise and how many songs it really has. Apparently I'm still not having songs around the ending and post-game parts because I'm not done yet with the game.

Hence I've been looking for requests that can be done within 10 floors. I'm more of a quickie guy myself. At least I can play the Monster House music now.

TurtwigX April 30, 2013 05:05:24 PM

Spoiler just in case    
So much story everywhere I didn't even feel like writing it down.

-Okay so in class the freakiest thing happened to me. I was pressing the Ds up to my ear so I could hear the music over the horrid cacophony of the rest of the class (Ugh. Seniors.) when the music came to a pause for a sound effect. The Glacier Palace was flying and that's when it happened. The sound was so loud and heavy that air was blowing out of the speakers. COLD air. So... the Glacier Palace... blew cold air out of my 3DS and chilled my ear. I stopped playing for a while after that.

-VIRIZION ADMITTED THAT EMOLGA WAS ADORABLE! VIRIZION X EMOLGA!!!! THE ULTIMATE OTP!

-"You're weak, kid. Don't do anything crazy." This sounds quite familiar...

-KELDEO! THE BOXART CAME TRUE! KELDEO SWAG! Well, I guess this adventure is all wrapped up. The game can end now. I have Keldeo. Game over.

-It really was Game Over, that stupid psychic type and her cronies swamped me. So now I'm in Companion Mode as Simon the Digger farming for Reviver Seeds. It's really easy considering Sir McQuagny sells 1 a day, there's a Reviver Field, and left-hand board requests sometimes have one up for grabs.

And that's all I can do for today, as my 3DS just started flashing red. God dangit, things were getting real heated, too.

TurtwigX May 1, 2013 06:44:08 PM

I... beat... I did it...

Spoilers    

-So I finally destroyed Lady Munna and met met Keldeo Swag. I even got to change their view on the world. I guess that's just my partner's magic touch. And so the Lady saved our lives and pushed us closer to the Bittercold.

-KYUREM! Oh wow, that battle music baby~<3 It's just too bad that I'm an awesome Dragon type. DUAL CHOP VII WILL WRECK EVERYTHING IN ITS PATH, EVEN LEGENDARIES. Without using any Reviver Seeds (Though nearly dying twice) I defeated him and changed HIS point of view. Mr. See The Future was able to conform too!

-Oh wow, that's dynamic. A Pokémon boss that ISN'T a Pokémon? And it's the final boss? That's way too cool. I even loved the story element with the winds of despair and how it even made me feel kind of discouraged. But I SMASHED THAT OVERGROWN ICICLE IN 10 TURNS WITH MY SUPER STRONG DRAGON DANCE DUAL CHOP.

-The entire ending was beautiful. I loved it. Almost more than I loved the ending of Explorers of Time. But... my extended presence will cause distortions to the world? Call up Giratina and fix this! Before... I start crying buckets!

-Oh great, and now I'm crying. I even have a wet spot on my floor to confirm it. This is SO UNFAIR! They really did it now, pulling this card that was WAY WORSE than the "You don't temporally exist" card of PMD2. And the memories... the frism... I CAN'T HANDLE IT!

-Okay, good stuff and bad stuff. I LOVE that KELDEO SWAG and Hydreigon joined my team. The two I wanted since I saw them on the cover. But I have to play as my partner and not myself because I can't return to the Pokémon world? I flicked my game card out. Violently. Time to take an extended break because screw this game.

Twiggy May 4, 2013 07:57:33 AM

All right! After who knows how many requests done, we're now at the Royal rank!

ANOTHER 60,000 points to go? Oh well, if I were to have a listen to the songs after the final battle... well, that's certainly one way to push the game forward. (I keep feeling that there should have been a second story arc from this point... oh well.)

TurtwigX May 4, 2013 01:16:24 PM

Now that the story's over I can finally stop adding points.

Spoiler    

-Time for the afterstory! So I can't play as myself. K'. This game sucks. Fortunately in only a few hours I continued the game. So long story short, everyone misses me because they remember so Hydreigon makes my partner journey to the core to wish me back and it works. Traversing the Worldcore with that STUPID mysteriosity thing made it EXTREMELY hard as a Snivy. *Notice* You can now evolve.
...That's it? No reason that we couldn't evolve before? We just CAN now? Well, this game is certainly lacking in story. And I STILL CAN'T SELECT MORE THAN ONE MISSION. Mysteriosity and the lack of multiple missions is gonna cut the replayability for me in half. Heck, I might even play PMD2 more often.

Well I suppose there's really nothing much to do but to build up Paradise more, including going on missions to make the Musical Paradise. Other than that, I feel like this game lacked... everything. Except graphics. But it also added all that innovation I'd like to keep (besides mysteriosity.) I'd rate it a 7.5/10.

Cat333Pokémon June 17, 2013 05:46:48 PM

I played a little bit today and took a trip through Dreamy Island. The best part of the adventure was that I managed to obtain three ultra-rare devices: Water, Dark, and Flying!