Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon Black and White (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Things you dislike about B/W (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=5455)

Alakazamaster April 17, 2011 02:42:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MultiWishMaker (Post 153142)
To add also, Pokemon really needs some more black people. It's not a necessity but the stereo-typical basketball players just don't cut it.

Or just more minorities in general. There are four black NPCs that I know of, the football player, breakdancer, Lenora, and Marshal, but the only character even close to being Asian that I can think of is possibly the Hiker, and even then his sprite could just be really giddy...

Pflanze April 20, 2011 08:02:46 AM

I miss my pokémon following me, but I guess that's ok. Maybe in the third one?
I miss the VS seeker too.
I haven't checked the dream world yet, but I've heard lots of complaints already...
But that's it...I think BW are awesome games.

mariothecellist April 20, 2011 12:57:02 PM

Encounter rates Encounter rates Encounter rates!!!!!

I'm trying to walk through some grass, and every step or two I take, I get in a battle.

Alakazamaster April 20, 2011 01:28:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariothecellist (Post 154267)
Encounter rates Encounter rates Encounter rates!!!!!

I'm trying to walk through some grass, and every step or two I take, I get in a battle.

Just look at it as a way to increase your odds of finding a random encounter shiny! : D

mariothecellist April 20, 2011 02:02:01 PM

That's what I've been trying to think, but nothing has happened.

SergeiDragunov April 20, 2011 03:56:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazamaster (Post 154272)
Just look at it as a way to increase your odds of finding a random encounter shiny! : D

True facts. A friend of mine found 3 shinies 2 days. Kyurem, Lillipup, and Excadrill (Which he kindly gave to me). I mean honestly. Luck.

Pflanze April 20, 2011 07:05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeiDragunov (Post 150276)
The Wi-Fi in this game is extremely dissapointing. They need more options for battles. The options they have now suck horribly.

Also, my only gripe with the in-game plot is how straightforward Unova is. It's a big circle, basically. Go through one route, you're to the next city. That takes away a bit from the "exploration" factor imo. Just to compare.

Hoenn:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...c/c5/Hoenn.png

Unova:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...b/b4/Unova.png

I dunno. To me, it seems more entertaining to have a lot of different ways to get places.

I agree. When in Hoenn I was lost many times. In Unova you just keep going forward...but the cities and towns are nicely done.

Leaftail April 21, 2011 04:59:50 PM

I think it's kind of annoying how if your cursor is close to a location on the map, it's moved to the location. It's difficult sometimes to select a location because it forces my cursor somewhere else...

The Spirit of Time April 22, 2011 07:00:23 AM

I hate that Entralink is only wireless. If it was WiFi, it would have been amazing.

KrayzeeGuy April 22, 2011 12:44:49 PM

EV training berries. There are none.
Flat battle Wi-Fi matches with full teams, we lack.
Wi-Fi Multi Battle Train. We do not have.

Sad day. :<

Armads April 22, 2011 01:05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrayzeeGuy (Post 154762)

This. It makes me sad.
I hadn't even noticed that till now. So much for retraining my ingame Haxorus or Alomomola to be competitive... I'm gonna have to train new ones. Very sad. D=

LucarioMario April 22, 2011 05:02:45 PM

Quote:

And you get to the shop with EV training medicine after the seventh Gym Leader.

Me: Time to use these Proteins on Leafy (AKA my Servine). :D
It doesn't have any effect.
Me: FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

KrayzeeGuy April 23, 2011 11:30:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucarioMario (Post 154842)
And you get to the shop with EV training medicine after the seventh Gym Leader.

Me: Time to use these Proteins on Leafy (AKA my Servine). :D
It doesn't have any effect.
Me: FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

The berries are meant to reduce EVs, not grow them.

LucarioMario April 23, 2011 11:51:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrayzeeGuy (Post 155012)

I wasn't talking about the berries. I was talking about stuff like Proteins and Calciums. So there's no EV training berries to cut down unwanted stats and the superstore place is way too late in the story to increase wanted EVs efficiently.

AuraKshatriya April 23, 2011 01:26:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrayzeeGuy (Post 155012)

Actually, a special coding was implemented in B/W that was previously only applied to Deoxys in Generation III. EVs are recalculated after every battle for all Pokémon now, as opposed to after a level-up, meaning they can change even at Level 100, if my understanding is correct.

KrayzeeGuy April 23, 2011 04:15:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya (Post 155053)
Actually, a special coding was implemented in B/W that was previously only applied to Deoxys in Generation III. EVs are recalculated after every battle for all Pokémon now, as opposed to after a level-up, meaning they can change even at Level 100, if my understanding is correct.

They are, but my statement about how the berries reduce EVs still stands.

There is no way to reduce EVs now, is the conclusion I'm trying to get at.

Slix April 26, 2011 04:17:32 PM

I don't like that they removed the Pokémon following you that was in HeartGold/SoulSilver. It would have made the games just a little more enjoyable.

Leaftail April 29, 2011 03:05:04 PM

Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shiny April 29, 2011 07:53:19 PM

There's nothing really to do after the game. I wish they would've expanded the storyline a bit after.
That's the main reason why I restarted my White.

AlmightyCofagrigus May 8, 2011 08:46:25 AM

theres no safari zone, pokemon musicals suck, and the wireless entralink takes forever to get on.

SolarYoshi May 22, 2011 12:59:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slix (Post 155536)
I don't like that they removed the Pokémon following you that was in HeartGold/SoulSilver. It would have made the games just a little more enjoyable.

I doubt that the creators could put in both Pokemon Movements and them following you.

On the topic of what I disliked: That you can't rematch N nor can you rematch Ghetis. That was a disappointment. What I also hated was that this was for DS. Why put this game on the same system that the earlier generation was on? If this was on 3DS, loads of improvements would be made.

Ningamer May 22, 2011 01:19:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zekrom123 (Post 160409)
What I also hated was that this was for DS. Why put this game on the same system that the earlier generation was on? If this was on 3DS, loads of improvements would be made.

If they had made it for the 3DS it would have had to be delayed a long time (It came out 6 months before the 3DS in Japan), and it also wouldn't have nearly as many sales. The DS is such a huge platform that almost everyone has one, so they had a much larger audience by releasing it on the DS.

Oh, and I've found loads of EV-removing berries in the Dream World. That's where I get most of my berries, due to the lack of berry trees in Unova.

GusFroggyBond May 24, 2011 12:58:56 PM

Hate how Bianca Is Just like my best friend! lol And N is Weird!

Nytz May 26, 2011 06:25:12 AM

They took out the Set level system in wifi...

that's my biggest complaint.

7dewott8 May 30, 2011 02:37:25 PM

In black and white, I hate how you can't name your rival's(bianca and cheren)

GusFroggyBond May 30, 2011 05:17:10 PM

I hate how you can't change the nick names from pokemon you sent over from gen4

TheNocturneAngel June 5, 2011 07:15:18 PM

Honestly, i think Game Freak is starting to run out of ideas. the names and sprites have seems pretty basic for the most part. like Lampent. guess what kind of pokemon it is? a lamp -_-. oh, and Vanillish, the ice cream cone. And the names are the weirdest I've heard yet. Oshawott, Cofagrius. seems like they just bashed their heads against their keyboards to get some of the names. I like Black and White, but i just think they are starting to run out of ideas.

SolarYoshi June 5, 2011 07:27:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNocturneAngel (Post 162549)
Honestly, i think Game Freak is starting to run out of ideas. the names and sprites have seems pretty basic for the most part. like Lampent. guess what kind of pokemon it is? a lamp -_-. oh, and Vanillish, the ice cream cone. And the names are the weirdest I've heard yet. Oshawott, Cofagrius. seems like they just bashed their heads against their keyboards to get some of the names. I like Black and White, but i just think they are starting to run out of ideas.

Well, Game Freak actually announced that they still have ideas, and some of the Pokemon in the early games were pretty obvious too;like Bellsprout for example. What do you think it is? It's a bell and a sprout.

7dewott8 June 7, 2011 03:07:28 PM

Another thing I hate alot is that they made too many new moves.

SolarYoshi June 7, 2011 06:05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 162733)
Another thing I hate alot is that they made too many new moves.

Too much? There was definitely much more moves in Gen 4. I don't know what you mean by that.

On-Topic, I hated that Pokemon like Larvesta that took 59 whole levels, exactly, to evolve... [source ]

LiteTheIronMan June 8, 2011 07:34:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolarYoshi (Post 162751)
Too much? There was definitely much more moves in Gen 4. I don't know what you mean by that.

On-Topic, I hated that Pokemon like Larvesta that took 59 whole levels, exactly, to evolve... [source ]

THIIIIIS. Hydreigon takes the most levels to evolve a Pokemon out of all Pokemon with 3 stages.

Plusleplusminun July 11, 2011 05:58:41 AM

I don't like that they took out pokemon following you and I don't like half the new pokemon.
The weather trio (Landorus,Thundurus,and tornadus) don't even look a bit like they could be pokemon.

Manny1250 July 14, 2011 09:58:44 AM

That every 2-5 step on the grass a wild pokemon appears

Masterge77 July 18, 2011 07:08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny1250 (Post 170594)
That every 2-5 step on the grass a wild pokemon appears

That is in every Pokemon game, it's been like that since Gen 1, and it will always be like that.

7dewott8 July 18, 2011 07:41:38 AM

One thing I absolutly positively hate are
  • If their is an old hm that isn't a HM in in B/W the transfer thing won't let you trasfer it in
  • Not much adventure as in routes
  • They won't let you trade pokemon from events ex. if you did the celibi event, you can't trade celibi etc.

Manny1250 July 18, 2011 08:23:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterge77 (Post 171749)
That is in every Pokemon game, it's been like that since Gen 1, and it will always be like that.

yeah, but in BW is more often

Leaftail July 18, 2011 05:09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny1250 (Post 171761)
yeah, but in BW is more often

Agreed. I remember going through huge patches of grass in Viridian Forest without running into anything.

I hate that. They need to lower the encounter rate.

Velociraptor78 July 18, 2011 10:03:16 PM

I miss the Poké Radar. How will I entertain the thought of shiny-hunting now? D:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNocturneAngel (Post 162549)
The names are the weirdest I've heard yet. Oshawott, Cofagrius. Seems like they just bashed their heads against their keyboards to get some of the names.

Funny you should say that...

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li...xegjo1_500.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 171754)
A few things I absolutely, positively hate are:
  • If there is an old HM that isn't an HM in in B/W the transfer thing won't let you transfer it in
  • Not much adventure as in routes
  • They won't let you trade pokemon from events. For example, if you did the Celebi event, you can't trade Celebi, etc.

1. That's because there isn't enough space to transfer items from old games.
2. Eh, I agree. 18 routes aren't a lot.
3. That's why there's the PokéTransfer.

Fly Guy 2 August 6, 2011 10:44:18 AM

There are no surfing routes...

Elaine August 10, 2011 03:41:02 PM

It's horribly boring to play through it again once you've beat it once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Guy 2

Exactly. There was a plethora of surfing routes in Hoenn and (to much a lesser extent) Sinnoh. But there isn't nearly enough to enjoy in Unova.

7dewott8 August 10, 2011 04:11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Guy 2 (Post 181121)

lol Check out route 17. Its only frillish and water.

I hate how that in a wild doulble battle, if you only have one pokemon left it asks you to switch. NEW GLITCH AQUIRED: DOULBLE BATTLE FAIL

Reuniclus August 10, 2011 07:25:09 PM

You can't transfer items with the pokemon from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I know this is because of the new tms, but it was tedious earning all those battles points over again for the power items and other items used in competitive battling.

SK3 August 10, 2011 08:06:28 PM

While it was a good Pokemon game in general, it didn't really seem like a Pokemon game to me. It didn't give me that feel that Gens 1-4 did, plus some of the Pokemon designs are just terrible x.x

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 11, 2011 06:26:07 AM

Ok. WHY WOULD THEY REMOVE ROOST!? :O

RK-9 August 11, 2011 07:50:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 182649)

because it's the exact same thing as rest/synthesis but worse?

LucarioMario August 11, 2011 08:58:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK3 (Post 182545)
While it was a good Pokemon game in general, it didn't really seem like a Pokemon game to me. It didn't give me that feel that Gens 1-4 did, plus some of the Pokemon designs are just terrible x.x

I partially agree with this Pokemon design-wise. Don't get me wrong, I think most Pokemon in Gen 5 are excellent. But some just don't look anything like Pokemon, like Landorus, Tornadus, and Thundurus, Conkeldurr, Garbodor, etc.

7dewott8 August 11, 2011 10:17:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 182649)

Because they are being stpid. Roost is the best.

Elaine August 11, 2011 02:14:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RK-9
because it's the exact same thing as rest/synthesis but worse?

Actually Roost is quite useful on a lot of Pokemon. Besides Roost being an awesome recovery move, Roost negates the Flying-type of your Pokemon(if it is part Flying...), so think of the Pokemon who could abuse that for their own good. Like say Lugia uses Roost on the same turn that Mamoswine uses Stone Edge(which would probably never happen). Lugia is part flying-type right? So that mean that a supereffective Stone Edge would not be supereffective anymore. See why it's useful?

Shark August 12, 2011 06:33:30 PM

The story.

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 13, 2011 10:11:11 PM

Watchog. i HATE watchog.

kakashidragon August 21, 2011 10:13:49 PM

I have two things i dont like about this game: 1)No VS Seeker and 2)No auto lv100 wifi battles. If thet deside to a third game for of these games they better add these for the sake of most people. That or bring back VS seeker and higher lv trainers.

Cyrus August 22, 2011 12:51:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 189188)
I have two things i dont like about this game: 1)No VS Seeker and 2)No auto lv100 wifi battles. If thet deside to a third game for of these games they better add these for the sake of most people. That or bring back VS seeker and higher lv trainers.

^ THIS SO MUCH

I hate that they took away auto Lvl. 100 for wifi battling. Sometimes I get lazy and just use Lvl. 50 auto so I don't have to waste a lot of time leveling up my already EV'd pokes.

GalliumGrant August 22, 2011 07:29:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK3 (Post 182545)

Yes! This.

This didn't feel like a Pokemon game and that was the main problem. It felt more like Advance Wars and holy ****, did that bother me big time. Also, yes a few of the Pokemon are cool and well made to me, but...

Sawk and his red companion just annoyed me.
They didn't even look like Pokemon. They looked like Ben 10 rejects put together in Virtua Cop. Can you count the polygons? O_o

Come Gen 6, I hope they'll use my idea of calling the games "Pokemon Crimson and Cobalt" and maybe go for a classic rock approach with the music because clearly Techno didn't work at all, while taking ideas from their fans and paying them. Hell I've even made three legendary Bug Pokemon with trademark moves for them that I wanted to give to Gamefreak for Black and White and I didn't even know how to contact them.

7dewott8 August 23, 2011 06:19:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalliumGrant (Post 189533)
Yes! This.

This didn't feel like a Pokemon game and that was the main problem. It felt more like Advance Wars and holy ****, did that bother me big time. Also, yes a few of the Pokemon are cool and well made to me, but...

Sawk and his red companion just annoyed me.
They didn't even look like Pokemon. They looked like Ben 10 rejects put together in Virtua Cop. Can you count the polygons? O_o

Come Gen 6, I hope they'll use my idea of calling the games "Pokemon Crimson and Cobalt" and maybe go for a classic rock approach with the music because clearly Techno didn't work at all, while taking ideas from their fans and paying them. Hell I've even made three legendary Bug Pokemon with trademark moves for them that I wanted to give to Gamefreak for Black and White and I didn't even know how to contact them.

I made an entire generation of pokemon.

Pokemomn desines were bad, excpet for the ones people wanted to use! -_- Cheap.

The Spirit of Time August 23, 2011 06:33:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalliumGrant (Post 189533)
This didn't feel like a Pokemon game and that was the main problem. It felt more like Advance Wars and holy ****, did that bother me big time.

It is undeniable that this generation looked much more advanced than the previous ones, but honestly, this is the reason why it stood out as better than any previous generation according to most of the users and critics too. It may be your opinion, but I congratulate them for finally treating their fans in a less childish way.

Justjack91 August 24, 2011 07:03:05 PM

Magic Bounce is great on Espeon, right? Reflects everything that would usually cause a status condition of some form just like Synchronize but better.

...Except, through personal Audino spamming, I found out it reflects good attacks too like the Healing Beam Audino uses sometimes on you. It's not as much a complaint as ironic as now you miss out on that whenever you train against an Audino (til you're higher leveled of course and can kill it in one hit).

In summary, Magic Bounce has its draw backs too.

CharmanderMaster108 August 25, 2011 11:26:14 AM

What I hate about Black and White? Well.......I guess the fact of lack of variety in gym leaders. Most of the gym leaders type of pokemon are the same as other generations its kinda repetitive.

Aether132 August 25, 2011 01:13:26 PM

I liked the way the bottom screen worked in hgss much more than how it does now. having access to the menu at all times made moving pokemon around and using items somewhat more convenient.

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 25, 2011 01:22:36 PM

That the dream world requires a password...

7dewott8 August 25, 2011 02:00:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 191194)
That the dream world requires a password...

Would you like your pokemon stolen? Alot of things need a password so then things so things don't get stolen!

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 25, 2011 02:11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 191229)
Would you like your pokemon stolen? Alot of things need a password so then things so things don't get stolen!

yes but i forgot my password AND username...

7dewott8 August 25, 2011 02:13:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 191243)

It's your same passcode for the Pokemon trainer club.

Ningamer August 25, 2011 02:24:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 191243)

At least you're not using the Japanese one. You have an ID and password, and the ID is a random number given to you when you sign up.

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 25, 2011 03:07:31 PM

Wow, that sucks...

kakashidragon August 26, 2011 02:08:29 PM

I got a japanese trainer club account. I get emails from them every so often about things selling in japan for pokemon or things about there tournaments, TCG, and the games. I dont go on it much anymore cause well i cant read japanese but i look at the pictures to figure out what they mean though.

ReshZek200 October 24, 2011 05:36:28 PM

zekrom= palkia and it sucks. i hate the design, is it me or does someone have a bee fetish?. Reshiram however, is not a rip-off of any sort, and people who have SANE minds will know the difference between fur and man parts. IT`S FUR, PEOPLE.

Shadow October 25, 2011 08:40:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReshZek200 (Post 211795)
zekrom= palkia and it sucks. i hate the design, is it me or does someone have a bee fetish?. Reshiram however, is not a rip-off of any sort, and people who have SANE minds will know the difference between fur and man parts. IT`S FUR, PEOPLE.

http://download.gamezone.com/assets/...ts/umadbro.jpg

Pingouin7 October 25, 2011 04:19:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 191229)

It is not possible to get your Pokémon stolen from the Dream World.

7dewott8 October 27, 2011 05:11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pingouin7 (Post 211935)
It is not possible to get your Pokémon stolen from the Dream World.

Possibilitys are endless.

Anyways, I also dislike that they added instruments when you walk. I hate that it fades when you don't walk.

The Spirit of Time October 28, 2011 04:50:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 212236)
Possibilitys are endless.

Anyways, I also dislike that they added instruments when you walk. I hate that it fades when you don't walk.

Your account is synchronized with your game. I doubt your Pokémon can be transferred to another game.

ReshZek200 November 2, 2011 10:26:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtwig (Post 110052)
Ok, seriously some Pokemon are just jfldkjflkdjal, not even joking. I mean look at Yabakuron *trash bag looking thing* I mean seriously....and another one....an Ice cream cone...this is a clue that their losing ideas...

hmm..... I HATE the trash bag, but cone? cone was amature, but at least it wasn't final evo trash bag.

ReshZek200 November 2, 2011 02:21:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 211850)

you are a ass..... talk to my hand.