Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Other Pokémon Gaming (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Who else loves Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness? (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=506)

balloon303 May 30, 2009 05:20:19 PM

Who else loves Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness?

It may just be that Colosseum was my first Pokémon game, resulting in a lot of nostalgia nowadays, but I can't help but want to see more games like this from the Pokémon franchise.

I loved the story in both games. The restrictions of what Pokémon you could have until you started trading didn't bother me much, especially since there are already awesome ones like Umbreon, Flygon, Noctowl, and Misdreavus. :wink:

All in all, those are some great games, in my opinion. I actually think of Pokémon XD as the greatest game on the GCN. :shock:

LiteTheIronMan May 30, 2009 09:10:31 PM

Re: Who else loves Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness?

Yeah, a lot of people miss the 3-D games such as Stadium and Colosseum. Me, I can't wait for something like that again, in a style like the handheld games.

Cat333Pokémon May 31, 2009 03:47:21 PM

I have barely played XD. (You might have even been watching the stream where I played a little bit of it.)

As for Colosseum, that reminds me of two sick days I actually spent playing it all day.

Pokemon-Know-It-All May 31, 2009 11:11:55 PM

Re: Who else loves Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkn

Best games ever On The GameCube
But I Prefer Battle Revolution

RageOfInnocence August 3, 2009 09:18:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balloon303
It may just be that Colosseum was my first Pokémon game, resulting in a lot of nostalgia nowadays, but I can't help but want to see more games like this from the Pokémon franchise.

I loved the story in both games. The restrictions of what Pokémon you could have until you started trading didn't bother me much, especially since there are already awesome ones like Umbreon, Flygon, Noctowl, and Misdreavus. :wink:

All in all, those are some great games, in my opinion. I actually think of Pokémon XD as the greatest game on the GCN. :shock:

I didn't care too much for Colosseum, but I LOVED Gale of Darkness!!!!!!!!!! Best RPG story before Pokemon Ranger came along!

Flare Soru August 24, 2009 07:10:04 PM

Colleseum I got as a rental once...got through all of it except the stupid final boss...the mayor or something...
but I own XD and have memorized it practically. :P

lol

ultrathing August 28, 2009 09:41:15 PM

I haven't played any of those before :(
I've only had Stadium. :D

GenericGirlName September 1, 2009 04:08:42 PM

I just got XD yesterday and I went out and got a controller and memorycard this morning so I can play it on my Wii. I LOVE THIS GAME :3

Squirtle102 October 3, 2009 08:38:38 AM

I prefer XD more than Colosseum. I like XD's story line more. And the fact it has Lugia and 2 Sinnoh Pokemon.

Cat333Pokémon October 3, 2009 11:21:18 AM

Pokémon XD is still next to all my other GameCube games, waiting to be put to use.

Squirtle102 October 12, 2009 07:36:35 AM

I like XD more than Colosseum because I think XD has a better storyline and Lugia is better than Ho-oh.

Yoshi648 October 12, 2009 07:50:45 AM

Well I just borrowed both Colosseum and XD from Cat this weekend so I was able to play them for the first time.

Most of my time was spent with Colosseum but I did play the first hour or so of XD. So far I am liking Colosseum more, but then again I haven't really played enough of XD yet. However they are both good underrated games.

Ayunnuya April 13, 2010 07:06:11 PM

I liked Collusseum, but with all the battles being doubles, it's pretty frustrating to level up.

I haven't finished it yet, should get around to it one of these days...

SK April 14, 2010 12:34:30 PM

I'm playing XD right now, just beat Cipher's first lab.

Luxray13579 April 14, 2010 12:58:05 PM

I have XD, never played colosseum. I have beaten all of XD, including purifying shadow Lugia. I absolutly loved that game, too bad the main character could only be a guy... I named him Jake. (Don't ask it was a LONG time ago.)

Squirtle102 April 14, 2010 01:48:56 PM

XD was my first Pokemon game. I didn't know what they were or super effective hits either.

Ayunnuya April 15, 2010 10:29:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrathing (Post 11241)
I haven't played any of those before :(
I've only had Stadium. :D

Stadium was awesome! Collusseum and XD had a stroyline as opposed to tournaments, but they had those as well. I still like playing Stadium 1 and 2. However, this is a Colussem thread so I must get back on topic.

TheRagingTyranitar April 23, 2010 05:02:27 AM

I've never played GCN Pokémon games(I once borrowed my friend's Pokémon XD;I never liked it though).

smartguy01 April 23, 2010 01:39:22 PM

Pokemon XD was a pretty good game. I've finished the game, recently purified Lugia, and all I have to do now is find the rest of the shadow pokemon. I've never played Colosseum though.

Shiny April 23, 2010 03:36:55 PM

Pokemon XD and Colosseum are one of the only games I actually played on my GameCube. I liked how you had to purify the shadow pokemon in XD. I remember last time I played I was battling Shadow Lugia in XD and in Mt Battle in Colosseum but then I lost them and haven't found them since Dx

Yoshizard April 23, 2010 06:41:31 PM

Pokemon XD was great! I loved that game so much! I played it before Colosseum, and I like it more I always got the thunderstone and evolved my Eevee at the very beginning.

Ayunnuya April 24, 2010 05:16:56 PM

Love to hate much?

all the double battles in colosseum were tedious to train with.

KrayzeeGuy April 26, 2010 02:04:22 PM

I LOVED Colosseum, the Shadow series was really the reason I got so addicted to double battles. XD: Gale of Darkness was even better because it let you choose your Eeveelution, and it wasn't as tedious to purify your pokémon. I really want a Wii version so there can actually be pokémon I can bring to my portable games, I didn't have a working trade-port in my GBA/GBA SP when Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness came out.

pokewalker1205 April 26, 2010 02:38:42 PM

You're right Colosseum is one of the BEST pokemon games of all tome they SHOULD make more like it.
XD is still a really good game, but Colosseum is better in my opinion.

Luxray13579 April 26, 2010 03:59:37 PM

Hey just wondering, has anyone caught all the shadow Pokémon in XD? I still need to, because I really need that Dragonite

Shiny April 26, 2010 04:05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luxray13579 (Post 44378)
Hey just wondering, has anyone caught all the shadow Pokémon in XD? I still need to, because I really need that Dragonite

I never caught all the shadow pokemon. I missed a whole alot of them and last time I played before I lost it I had like 5 or 6 still unpurified.

Sableyed April 28, 2010 06:24:50 PM

Pokemon Colosseum was a favorite of mine, and I just recently got Pokemon XD. XD is probably a better game, but Michael isn't nearly as cool as Wes.

SK April 28, 2010 06:32:08 PM

He has pointy hair! :3

Wait.. Everyone in Pokemon has pointy hair.

Sub-zero April 28, 2010 06:36:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sableyed (Post 44823)
Pokemon Colosseum was a favorite of mine, and I just recently got Pokemon XD. XD is probably a better game, but Michael isn't nearly as cool as Wes.

Pretty much this.

RageOfInnocence April 29, 2010 03:35:06 AM

Quote:

I've caught and purified them all except Dragonite...Miror B. has it, but he can show up anywhere with or without it...I never have the time now to go back and find it though...

Turtwig May 26, 2010 05:12:45 PM

The game is pretty good, I love the storyline, and the battles in the game. There where some funny characters as well.

ultimateshadowangel August 28, 2010 07:23:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luxray13579 (Post 41199)
I have XD, never played colosseum. I have beaten all of XD, including purifying shadow Lugia. I absolutly loved that game, too bad the main character could only be a guy... I named him Jake. (Don't ask it was a LONG time ago.)

OMG MY POKEMON NAME IS JAKE TO :D

Quote:

i have i even found some when i wasnt even looking

PS talk to every1 in gateon port some of them have shadows

most people dont really do that and thats why they miss out of a awsome mytiena and ledian

Ningamer August 28, 2010 11:22:17 AM

I loved both of them, but XD was my favourite. I loved the plot, the graphics, the characters, and the Pogeymans are better to... :P

I've actually moved my Gamecube to my room and played it for hours on end before... :faec:

_.-Mew August 28, 2010 03:03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan (Post 6847)
Yeah, a lot of people miss the 3-D games such as Stadium and Colosseum. Me, I can't wait for something like that again, in a style like the handheld games.

They should make one like Colosseum or XD for the Wii.

RageOfInnocence August 28, 2010 03:54:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimateshadowangel (Post 92604)
i have i even found some when i wasnt even looking

PS talk to every1 in gateon port some of them have shadows

most people dont really do that and thats why they miss out of a awsome mytiena and ledian

Since the subject came up again, I have since caught all of them also, so if anyone needs to know, after you have caught all except Dragonite, your Miror Radar will go off and tell you that Miror B may be at Gateon Port. Go to the top of the light house and he'll be there with all of his Ludicolo and of course the shadow Dragonite.

Neo Pikachu August 28, 2010 04:05:01 PM

I never even played Colosseum yet! I still have my XD. I always wanted Colosseum though due to the fact that you could start with Umbreon and Espeon, right? Plus, I thought the character you played with in that one looked more badass compared to the more gentle/harmless main character you play as in XD. Gale of Darkness was relatively easy for me. I know some people thought that the final boss battle was difficult, I did not. If I am not mistaken, I beat the game with this Party:

Umbreon - Ursaring - Houndoom - Shiftry - Dragonite - No Clue.

Dragiiin123 August 28, 2010 04:24:26 PM

I wuv Colliseum but hate XD.

XP August 29, 2010 02:46:13 AM

Some of the Pokémon once purified, actually had some exclusive moves that were only accessible through purification. I prefer Colosseum due to the fact the player is a mature age and there is a sense of realism involved when you are taking down a crime syndicate. But once you get a third of the way through, and Mt. Battle is unlocked. It seems that you need endless grinding to get anywhere far.

[TRDRS]PokeTrader August 29, 2010 05:15:47 AM

I have both games but XD is my favorite!!! (Also I just caught Shadow Lugia yesturday and beat Mt. Battle)

oboy170 August 31, 2010 02:38:14 PM

I love these games! I got every Pokemon obtainable in-game in both. I like XD more then Colosseum. I remember pre-ordering XD and getting the Pokemon gamecube skin.

Serenade September 1, 2010 07:30:24 PM

I've always wanted to play them, so I can get the shadow togepi with tri attack onto my game. BTW, I'll trade for it if it has serene grace and an OK nature.

Pwesty September 1, 2010 07:34:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oboy170 (Post 94386)
I love these games! I got every Pokemon obtainable in-game in both. I like XD more then Colosseum. I remember pre-ordering XD and getting the Pokemon gamecube skin.

I have that skin on my gamecube to this day.

Anyway, I like XD more, mostly because I didn't get to play Colosseum much thanks to my brother.

02 September 2, 2010 06:04:51 PM

Both of those games are pretty close to being my favorite pokemon games. They need to make a sequel. NOW. :P

ultimateshadowangel September 24, 2010 12:07:22 PM

out of coloseum and XD to me XD longest and hardest game

at the end the grandelder was hard

i bought like 30 full restores and hyper potions and 20 ultra balls.

but i stole all his pokemon on the first try.

his molters was a retard i used most of my ultra balls on it.

i nearly died trying just to capture it. i had 2 pokemon left on red

but i finnaly got it

The Tropius of Tropiuses September 24, 2010 02:48:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02 (Post 95775)
Both of those games are pretty close to being my favorite pokemon games. They need to make a sequel. NOW. :P

I second this. The Shadow Pokemon concept pokemon was a very er, how do you say it, "interesting" concept. It even made me think up of some fan-fics regarding them..... but I suck at those.

Anyhoo, THE SEQUEL MUST BE MADE! WITH SHADOW HO-OH!

Or a remake for the 3DS......

kakashidragon October 1, 2010 11:01:28 AM

You guys are lucky you got XD, all i got is collesseum the fun thing in collesseum is that u can use pokemon from the gba games as a registered team for the battle mode without even trading them to your game. As for XD ive been looking far and wide for said game at gamestops and store like gamestop and there always sold out for some reason.

JC October 2, 2010 06:36:10 PM

Since they help me catch more Pokémon, allows me to trade to the games, who wouldn't love these games.

Kirby-Chan October 2, 2010 07:14:42 PM

I enjoyed playing Colosseum and XD. The storylines are interesting and more darker than most pokemon games. My favorite character from both of the games is Miror B. His theme music is really catchy and addicting.

I would love if Nintendo make another sequel. It would be great if there is a 3D game with a lot of gameplay. The 3D pokemon games don't really have much gameplay. Pokemon Battle Revolution has a shallow gameplay since it's pretty much battling and trading which isn't my interest. If Nintendo makes another 3D game, I would like a game would be a role playing/adventure kinda like Colosseum and XD but with new elements.

EricThePelipper October 9, 2010 09:06:19 AM

I thought XD was pretty decent, I beat it but not 100% just tried to beat it when I got it, never beat Colosseum though which sucks so not sure on that one.

KamexRyu October 10, 2010 04:32:04 AM

I think that both games were really good. As a pokemon fan, it seems good without even playing it, It's a 3d game that has a proper storyline, you can transfer your pokemon to the GBA games and a whole load of other reasons. I'm still wondering why they didn't carry it on for the wii.

MultiWishMaker October 10, 2010 04:35:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KamexRyu (Post 108833)
I think that both games were really good. As a pokemon fan, it seems good without even playing it, It's a 3d game that has a proper storyline, you can transfer your pokemon to the GBA games and a whole load of other reasons. I'm still wondering why they didn't carry it on for the wii.

Hopefully Nintendo's fooling us and theres one in the works for the Wii but the chances are slim to none.

SuperEspeon25 October 15, 2010 07:28:18 PM

I like it because Espeon is easy to get

teamplasma October 15, 2010 08:18:49 PM

I LOVE XD + COLOSSEUM!!!!

Cyrus November 3, 2010 10:19:32 AM

I used to own Gale of Darkness but I lost the game. I do remember it was fun though, I plan on renting Colosseum eventually.

snivy November 28, 2010 07:39:35 PM

I loved playing it because every weekend I went to my friends house and played it. Ahh the memories...

Cat333Pokémon December 2, 2010 09:53:27 PM

Ever since I picked up that SNES-GameCube adaptor (to play GCN games with a SNES controller) and decided to test out various GameCube/Wii games (Pokémon Rumble works great with it!), I have been playing XD before bed each night. Ahh, good to finally play the last true catch-and-train Pokémon game from Generation 3.

Leaftail December 2, 2010 11:25:22 PM

Colosseum was awesome. Wes is IMO the best protagonist yet in the series. Not like I promote thievery or blowing up buildings or anything, but I think it's cool that he committed illegal acts in the past and even though he's still the "good guy," he wouldn't think twice about committing petty theft even after he left Team Snagem (at least that's what Bulbapedia tells me. I dunno, I never played the game to the end...).

Really, all the other characters in Colosseum are awesome, two. Especially Mirror B.

I don't know what they did wrong, but I hate XD. Probably because they replaced Wes with the generic 10-year-old-goody-two-shoes protagonist. Plus all the supporting characters are retarded (WHY does my sister refer to herself in first person and get lost on a regular basis?). But I love how the game starts with a sim battle.

ZxTrollingxZ December 4, 2010 08:33:32 AM

When I had deoxys on a team to play on colluseum it showed it on the battle screen but it was banned. Gale of darkness had a good storyline but it wasn't as challenging as colluseum . They should make more games like this for the wii

PokeRemixStudio December 4, 2010 09:22:18 AM

I love these games. Colosseum was my first third-gen Pokemon game. I still have yet to complete either of them, though. :P

Poketto Kunoichi December 4, 2010 03:10:02 PM

I loved Colosseum and Gale of Darkness! Wes really was awesome, being chaotic good and all. His design was pretty epic too, especially his cape moving like that without there being wind. xD

I liked Gale of Darkness more though, but I'm not entirely sure why. But, both are still great games nonetheless. My only complaint is that I wanted more of an explanation with the "meh" reactions when you snagged Pokemon.