Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Halloween 2012 (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10639)

Luxray13579 October 6, 2012 06:37:59 PM

Halloween 2012

Yes, that time of year is nearly upon us, where children come knocking at your door to steal your candy! But then again, candy and goodies do become discounted right after it's over... Or you see it as a time where you decorate, try to out-do last years pumpkin carving, and plan out your best costume yet!
If you're participating in Halloween, I'd like to see how! Share your epic carvings and cool costumes here! Or y'know, post tales of how you plan to scare the kids this year.

My personal theme for this year is the Legend of Zelda! I'm also helping my best friend (Gamernamerjj) with her Zelda costume. I've been working on my costume since yesterday, and so far I'm only missing a few parts. I spent $41 yesterday at Value Village (like the Thrift Store for those who aren't familiar with the chain), and I got a great deal of what I needed! I got some white pants today that I can tailor to be tighter and more like Link's, and I finished sewing my cap yesterday at 2AM. I just need to make a knock-off sword (it's Halloween, I'll make something better for Comic Con) and I'm thinking of having Navi on a wire. I also have to make the sleeves of the green shirt shorter, and make the neckline dip more.

Here are some pictures of my progress!
1. What my costume consisted of once I returned from Value Village
2. My sketch of the Hyrulian Shield for my pumpkin template. (News flash about the pumpkin, this was a test for how my new pumpkin carving set works out, I have a bigger and much better pumpkin at home for me to carve my actual idea on later before it goes rotten.)
3. Link's cap. I hand stitched it because y'know, I just HAD to finish it last night (hence the whole 2AM thing). The back of it was sorta a mess, but the rest of the hat will cover my mess...
4. I finished the Hyrulian Shield (while adding a little fairy along the way),
5. Added the Master Sword to my pumpkin.

JeffTheKiller October 6, 2012 07:37:15 PM

You are now my favorite user on here because LoZ

Fubab_107 October 6, 2012 07:43:18 PM

I cant really do anything since i have to stay at te house to hand out treats.(Apparently im the only one who will be at my house this year at that time so.... yay?)
Anyway, I have to take a poor mans method with a costume. With me having no money, my only three options are:
1. Drawing a "404 Costume not Found" on a white shirt.
2. Wearing my Ushanka with a long jacket pretending I'm in Siberia.
3. I'll just try to do This and talk like This all night.

I'm most likely going to try for option 3 since I can be obnoxious without much effort.

Super Pichu62 October 6, 2012 08:02:16 PM

Right now, I'm carving Princess Woona from MLP. It will take about 4-5 hours left to complete and it took me like 2 hours just to get the tail and mane done! I got a free small pumpkin for now...but later in October I will buy myself a big pumpkin still deciding what to put on it.

My costume will be a humanized-wolf. I'm working on the whole "making the jaw out of wood and fur will some sort of pulley system" thingy. So mainly when my mouth moves, my jaw moves.

No Halloween pranks really, might show my younger sister Slender though. x3

GreenMan October 6, 2012 09:32:37 PM

Nice the coustume looks rather nice, I have a feeling that one of these days I will try to make up a Link costume as he is one of my favorite video game characters. As for my coustume this year, should be fun I'm getting a new set of white out contact (those who don't know what those look like I have them in some of the pictures I have uploaded here) I am trying to make some small changes so I'm a more modern vampire and is easier to wear to School because that's just how I roll. I'm also adding a set of contact that will make my eyes (the area around the black iris red) so it should be interesting to see along with dying my hair black and wearing my fangs as usual.

@Luxray: You did an alright job with the pumpkin its unfortunate that you didn't spend a little more time getting the sheild to look right. Sorry I'm being nickpicky but hey its Legend of Zelda.

blueumbreon October 7, 2012 03:39:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Pichu62 (Post 264837)
No Halloween pranks really, might show my younger sister Slender though. x3

Speaking of Slender, I'm going as Slenderman this year. I need to start thrift hopping for clothes (cheap sport coat, cheap red tie, cheap white shirt, and some cheap black pants). And my mom is going to make me a face mask of sort out of white stretchy fabric. It shall be epic.

As for my pumpkin, I dunno what I shall be carving this year.

Luxray13579 October 7, 2012 06:33:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenMan (Post 264849)
@Luxray: You did an alright job with the pumpkin its unfortunate that you didn't spend a little more time getting the sheild to look right. Sorry I'm being nickpicky but hey its Legend of Zelda.

I know, I know, but the pumpkin is smaller than my head, so all of those little pieces would start to fall apart of I tried to fix it up more, but I tried a little bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueumbreon (Post 264855)
Speaking of Slender, I'm going as Slenderman this year. I need to start thrift hopping for clothes (cheap sport coat, cheap red tie, cheap white shirt, and some cheap black pants). And my mom is going to make me a face mask of sort out of white stretchy fabric. It shall be epic.

As for my pumpkin, I dunno what I shall be carving this year.

Aw man, if I wasn't being Link this year, I'd go as Slenderman for sure! :o I'd love to freak people out, but I'll save that for next year!

Super Pichu62 October 7, 2012 04:29:49 PM

Mah carving is complete! With a sore hand...

Pony Alert    

PRINCESS WOONA!

Sorry for no good pumpkin lighting...It's all I got. Again...If only I had a better light that can shine through it...

http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8494http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8495

Quadcentruo October 7, 2012 04:44:43 PM

If I had an unlimited budget for Halloween decoration spending and I lost my laziness, I would make my house look like a castle, make a moat in my front yard and driveway, and when kids try to get to my front door, I would catapult candy at them. I think that would be the greatest Halloween ever.

Cat333Pokémon October 7, 2012 06:38:03 PM

I'll likely be carving a pumpkin this year (not sure if it will be as detailed at the one from two years ago), and I'll definitely be buying lots of discounted candy.

Shiny October 7, 2012 06:52:44 PM

Honestly I'm not gonna dress up this year. The last time I actually dressed up was 3 or 4 years ago.
I'm not one who likes to dress up anyways. You can't even get me to wear a nice pair of pants.

I'll probably wear my old mask and get some free candy like last year doe.

JeffTheKiller October 7, 2012 07:35:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Pichu62 (Post 264935)
Mah carving is complete! With a sore hand...

Pony Alert    

PRINCESS WOONA!

Sorry for no good pumpkin lighting...It's all I got. Again...If only I had a better light that can shine through it...

http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8494http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8495

Am I the only one who isn't getting the image?

Luxray13579 October 7, 2012 07:44:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffTheKiller (Post 264983)
Am I the only one who isn't getting the image?

I do get most of it, just not the hat. I'm impressed by the work that it must've taken to do that though!

The Spirit of Time October 21, 2012 06:05:36 AM

Although we don't have Halloween in here, I decided to dress like an Assassin if I succeed in getting the hoodie. I failed, since shipping from US is too expensive. I will try my luck next year.

Shade October 21, 2012 09:44:26 AM

Unfortunately Halloween comes on a Wednesday, the one day of the week I work all day so I'll most likely miss it. We're not allowed to wear any sort of costume at work either.

At least I'll get to see quite a few kids in costume. Special promo and all.

Luxray13579 October 21, 2012 10:27:26 AM

Update time! So I went to the dollar store awhile ago and bought various colours of foam to complete my shield, and I also went with Gamnernamerjj to Value Village again and we got her a long white dress and a blouse. I figure that I'll make the should armor/pads for Zelda out of the existing foam I have, as well as Zelda's head piece. I'm not sure about the long decorative part on the dress, because I do not have the patience to do that. I think I'll again do a makeshift one out of foam, and just glue it on or fasten it on some way or another. Finally, I went to Party Stuff and picked up the perfect sword for the part, and I think I'm too lazy to make it look like the Master Sword.

Blood Swampert October 31, 2012 02:10:58 PM

Just dropped in to say Happy Halloween, everybody! :D

GreenMan October 31, 2012 10:43:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hey figured I'd report in what I wore all day at college got a lot fo good comments. Nice Coustume, your a vampire right?, I love your eyes (random women I walked passed on the way to one of my classes. Not to mention my friends comments and how awesoem I think it is. Lots of comments on my eyes and if they were contacts, if only they were always that red it would be awesome haha.

Cat333Pokémon October 31, 2012 11:02:30 PM

I, unfortunately, did not get to do anything Halloween-y this year due to having a nice congestion of tests. However, I think I'll raid Wal-Mart's candy sales tomorrow today. :p

GreenMan October 31, 2012 11:39:09 PM

I may or may not be bringing candy instead of my laptop since we have soem from not handing out trick or treaters, I'm sure we can make it go bye bye :P. Yes I'm the candy guy.

Shade November 1, 2012 12:25:04 PM

I ended up not doing anything for Halloween, since I had to work all day. I did, however, sneak off with a bit of the leftover candy at work after closing.

Luxray13579 November 2, 2012 05:27:55 PM

Okay, so because this was for trick-or-treating, we did not go all out with the cape and Navi and other accessories, but here's what JJ and I went as for Halloween. :3
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8617

I also have pictures or my 2nd pumpkin I carved (a Gengar), but I sorta messed it up a little bit and it looks like a Haunter more than Gengar.
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8615

Finally, my 3rd pumpkin. It was rushed because I wanted to get out there to go trick-or-treating as quickly as I could!
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8616

teamplasma November 2, 2012 05:32:25 PM

WOW! You guys did well with the costumes! And I love the pumpkins! I Mario one is favorite.

Luxray13579 November 2, 2012 06:03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamplasma (Post 267353)
WOW! You guys did well with the costumes! And I love the pumpkins! I Mario one is favorite.

Thanks! It took me awhile to get the front decoration of the dress right, as well as the head piece and the shoulder armor. My costume was really simple though! :P
I liked the Mario on too, but it didn't turn out as well as I could've made if I had more than half an hour...

teamplasma November 2, 2012 07:09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luxray13579 (Post 267357)
Thanks! It took me awhile to get the front decoration of the dress right, as well as the head piece and the shoulder armor. My costume was really simple though! :P
I liked the Mario on too, but it didn't turn out as well as I could've made if I had more than half an hour...

Dont worry, it still looks cool. And the costumes look harder to make, the front of the dress looks complicated. What is JJ holding?

JeffTheKiller November 2, 2012 07:21:15 PM

My Halloween sucked this year, as I had to work and burned the bajeezus outta my hand on the broaster

Luxray13579 November 2, 2012 07:55:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamplasma (Post 267363)
Dont worry, it still looks cool. And the costumes look harder to make, the front of the dress looks complicated. What is JJ holding?

Good. :3 It was super complicated, it too a whole bunch of planning and work! It's actually a sword too. I do agree that she has it at an odd angle to tell though! :P But yeah, she wanted a sword just for the heck of it, and it isn't exactly out of character for her to have one. :3 But she brought it trick-or-treating with us (which was a pretty bad idea), so I eventually stuck it down the back of my shirt, because she has no place to store it and I only had the one sheath for my sword.