Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Technology (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Adobe Photoshop Photography Program (PS + LR + Behance + cloud storage for US$10/mo) (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11532)

Twiggy November 23, 2013 04:03:07 AM

Adobe Photoshop Photography Program (PS + LR + Behance + cloud storage for US$10/mo)

You can find the deal for Photoshop Photography Program here. It's a monthly subscription that's renewed every year, so for the first year, it'd be US$120. As for whether the rate sticks, a lot of signs point to freakin' yes.

In fact, I've already signed up. Thought it might be a good idea to make this known to more people, since, well, this offer's open to anyone. It was originally for users of older Photoshop CSes.

Dragonite November 23, 2013 05:48:39 AM

I plan on using Photoshop/other Adobes for a pretty long time to come, so for me the subscription-based service will probably be more expensive than the one-time payments.

The idea is pretty cool, though.

Twiggy November 23, 2013 06:47:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonite (Post 288589)
I plan on using Photoshop/other Adobes for a pretty long time to come, so for me the subscription-based service will probably be more expensive than the one-time payments.

That is, if you don't plan on upgrading your software after a one-time payment. As soon as software upgrades are involved, it's a completely different world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonite (Post 288589)
The idea is pretty cool, though.

I'd agree with you on this point.

Dragonite November 23, 2013 07:08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 288592)
That is, if you don't plan on upgrading your software after a one-time payment. As soon as software upgrades are involved, it's a completely different world.

Probably not. At least, not often. I've been using the same version of PS for about seven years now, and still don't see much worth upgrading (sorry, Adobe).

Cat333Pokémon November 23, 2013 09:55:42 AM

Oh yeah, I've been seeing promotions for their cloud apps all over the place, even more so than the standalone desktop applications. I wasn't sure what to make of it because I wasn't sure if the cloud apps were as good as the desktop ones. I'm guessing yes now.

Twiggy November 23, 2013 10:52:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 288604)
Oh yeah, I've been seeing promotions for their cloud apps all over the place, even more so than the standalone desktop applications. I wasn't sure what to make of it because I wasn't sure if the cloud apps were as good as the desktop ones. I'm guessing yes now.

They're actually desktop apps with permanent updates.

And a subscription-based licencing, but it shouldn't really affect how you use the apps.

If anything, Lightroom gave a lot of my phone's photos a second chance.