Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   PokéNews (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   New Pokémon (Fifth Generation?)/Formes? (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=1588)

Yoshi648 January 6, 2010 02:06:36 PM

New Pokémon (Fifth Generation?)/Formes?

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/231...01c5edc793.jpg

This ad popped up for some Pokémon charms. They will be released within the same time frame as the premier of the 13th movie Phantom Champion Z. Notice the two on the right with the giant question marks? What could they be? From stuff like this in the past these have usually turned out to be alternate formes (like Giratina and Shaymin) or legendary Pokémon. Could they be Ho-oh and Lugia (although why they have ? on them? We already know they are in the movie), alternate forme of a Pokémon (Like the Spiky/Notched ear Pikachu) or perhaps even new Pokémon for the fifth generation!?

Discuss

Source: Serebii

Sphinx January 6, 2010 02:20:15 PM

Judging from the masterballs by them, they're either:
A)New formes or new pokemon
B)Legendaries, but they don't want to tell you which ones

Cat333Pokémon January 6, 2010 02:22:10 PM

I wish the picture was a little larger. I can barely make out the kanji above the ?s.

evandeck January 6, 2010 03:15:06 PM

5th generation Confirmed???

http://pokebeach.com/wp-content/uplo...econd-hint.jpg

Quote:

In lieu of the previous news story posted here, a second 13th movie advertisement specifically mentions that new Pokemon will be in The Master of Illusion: Z. The advertisement, which is for a “Pokemon Seal Battle Piece Collection DP 2010 set,” lists the names of Pokemon that will be released in sets of stickers (”seals”). The ad lists the names of the Pokemon to be included in each sticker set, and at the end of each bullet point, it says, “plus a newly-created Pokemon that’s introduced in the movie.”

Additionally, under Piplup’s image above the list, the advertisement states, “The Pokemon (plural) introduced in 2010’s Master of Illusion: Z are in the (sticker) lineup.” This of course implies that more than one new Pokemon (or Pokemon Forme) will be shown for the first time in the movie!

It is important to note that Giratina’s Origin Forme and Shaymin’s Sky Forme were originally codenamed “new Pokemon” in advertisements, meaning it’s possible that these Pokemon could be new Formes as opposed to brand new Pokemon. Thanks go to Frugrow for the image and Bangiras for translating! All of the evidence now points to there being new Pokemon in the movie!

* Capsule 1 Master Ball (Entei, Tangrowth, Ninjask, plus a newly-created Pokemon that’s introduced in the movie)
* Capsule 2 Hyper Ball (Suicune, Piplup, Croagunk, Shuppet, plus a newly-created Pokemon that’s introduced in the movie)
* Capsule 3 Super Ball (Pikachu, Raikou, Happiny, Bronzor, plus a newly-created Pokemon that’s introduced in the movie)
* Capsule 4 Monster Ball (Celebi, Mismagius, Mightyena, Togekiss, plus a newly-created Pokemon that’s introduced in the movie)
* Capsule 5 Monster Ball (Celebi, Torterra, Scizor, Infernape, plus a newly-created Pokemon that’s introduced in the movie)
Source: http://pokebeach.com/2010/01/movie-1...-be-introduced

Cat333Pokémon January 6, 2010 03:18:57 PM

This is very similar to the other thread we have about this.

Magmaster12 January 6, 2010 03:39:21 PM

alternate formes would mean a new game wich is unlikley so it probably is a gen V pokemon.

Ningamer January 6, 2010 03:47:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magmaster12 (Post 24349)
alternate formes would mean a new game wich is unlikley so it probably is a gen V pokemon.

^ This

If there were any new formes, people would've found them via hacking. These are either already-existing legendaries, or Gen V Pokémon. Let's hope for the latter!

Will January 6, 2010 04:09:05 PM

And it's not confirmed.

pokemonmaster1234 January 6, 2010 04:31:03 PM

Generation 5?!

I just saw 2 ads for the 13th movie of Pokemon! And the first ad showed 2 master balls with the name of "????". Could this mean 2 new pokemon?!
I also seen a video on youtube saying stuff about the second ad I saw. And that ad was about Pokemon Sticker Sets for the 13th movie? And The person in that video said he could tell what the names mean since its in Japanese. So I don't know if it would work but here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BfFgB-CGuQ&feature=sub.
Do any of you Pokemon lovers think that Generation 5 will be possible?!

LiteTheIronMan January 6, 2010 04:57:59 PM

This is probably something like, how, you know, Bonsly and Munchlax and stuff were revealed before their game came out. Bonsly made a cameo in XD, and Munchlax was in Destiny Deoxys. This could be a fifth gen baby form of an already existing Pokemon, if the tradition still holds.

Sableyed January 6, 2010 08:09:48 PM

It feels like this generation has been going on for a while. When do you think the next one will start? Do you think we'll get a HG/SS anime season and manga?

Justjack91 January 6, 2010 11:08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sableyed (Post 24386)
It feels like this generation has been going on for a while. When do you think the next one will start? Do you think we'll get a HG/SS anime season and manga?

Doubtful about a season revisit, though a manga is likely because Fr/Lg got a revisit for the Sevii Islands. Not sure what would be covered that's new for Hg/Ss (battle frontier? Safari Zone?), but some Pokemon special is possible.

Fr/Lg manga source:

On a side note, I'm hoping it will adapt Shadow Lugia in the movie as tied in with Phantom Z to show he's from the Orre region (he will the substitute bad guy in possession of Shadow Lugia). Might be fun to think of it that way, and thanks to the episode of Pokemon that shows the baby Lugia and its parent, it's not illogical.

Shadow January 7, 2010 02:58:33 AM

Although still not confirmed, I just hope it will be new, 5th generation Pokémon.
Otherwise, it'll probably be existing legendaries, or new formes (though the latter is not likely).

The Spirit of Time January 7, 2010 03:57:28 AM

It might be new formes, but if it is new Pokemon, then better for them to be cool otherwise...

isbragg January 8, 2010 03:33:59 PM

Having known a Game Freak spokesperson, I can confidently say there will be a fifth Generation. I have seen new Gen. 5 Pokemon in images he was able to show me. Wether or not those Pokemon are what those ?'s are, time will have to tell.

Sableyed January 8, 2010 04:15:44 PM

O.O What did the pokemon look like, isbragg?

isbragg January 8, 2010 06:30:59 PM

All I'm revealing right now is that new Pokemon for Generation V take on a more serious look. Some appear to be cross-breeds of existing Pokemon. Generation V will introduce cross-breeding.

The Spirit of Time January 9, 2010 02:09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isbragg (Post 24621)
All I'm revealing right now is that new Pokemon for Generation V take on a more serious look. Some appear to be cross-breeds of existing Pokemon. Generation V will introduce cross-breeding.

Can you get us some images?

Cat333Pokémon January 9, 2010 10:41:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time (Post 24650)
Can you get us some images?

Odds are he's lying again, so take his message lightly.

byt411 January 9, 2010 10:54:05 AM

I found out on bulbapedia that that was just the 13 movie characters

LiteTheIronMan January 9, 2010 10:59:45 AM

If Gen V introduces crossbreeding, they might not be backwards compatible...

Sphinx January 9, 2010 12:34:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isbragg (Post 24621)
Generation V will introduce cross-breeding.

Probably not true, but if it was that would be AWESOME! Dialga/Palkia crossbreed, here I come!

isbragg January 9, 2010 12:46:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 24739)
Odds are he's lying again, so take his message lightly.

I'm not lying. Unfortunatly, I don't have access to those images.

Justjack91 January 10, 2010 12:05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan (Post 24746)
If Gen V introduces crossbreeding, they might not be backwards compatible...

If anything, it will be for the jump to the DS2 that has been receiving focus lately on gaming websites such as IGN.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/105/1058495p1.html

This link will disappear soon, but it features how Nintendo has already detailed on the next generation of the nifty handheld. Heck, even motion control is being implemented in the DSi. But even the DSi could only be a prototype for what is to come in 2-3 years!

Relating to what Lite is saying, there's a decent chance he's right. The next Pokemon might (and imo should) be on the successor of the Nintendo DS and therefore may have compatibility problems.

Luxray13579 January 10, 2010 05:37:02 AM

Isbragg, can you describe to us what they look like?

The Spirit of Time January 10, 2010 08:03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxray13579 (Post 24883)
Isbragg, can you describe to us what they look like?

Take it easy. Game Freak isn't a fool to introduce its new Pokemon that easily. We also don't know if it actually started preparing for the new generation. :S
I am sure that what he saw isn't true. They might even be drawn normally or made using photoshop.

Velociraptor78 January 22, 2010 08:23:57 PM

To quote an overly-used joke, pics or it didn't happen.
Srsly, I don't think Nintendo would have the time OR money to have cross-breeding in a game. It would take a massive amount of code for ONE cross-breed, let alone 200+, considering EVERY Pokémon that can breed except for Ditto.

Serenade January 27, 2010 08:59:05 PM

Well, we know that isbragg is a liar, but crossbreeding IS a bit overboard as it is. All the sprites would be rediculous, and some combonations a bit absurd. But if it is put in, I want a skitty+wailord combo.

James January 28, 2010 04:44:33 AM

Imagine new forms of ho-oh and lugia *OOOO's irl*

Magmaster12 January 28, 2010 09:33:55 AM

I think GF is now just messing with us just for a chuckle.

Flare Soru January 28, 2010 06:09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isbragg (Post 24595)
Having known a Game Freak spokesperson, I can confidently say there will be a fifth Generation. I have seen new Gen. 5 Pokemon in images he was able to show me. Wether or not those Pokemon are what those ?'s are, time will have to tell.

oh?
do tell more

Magmaster12 January 28, 2010 06:29:59 PM

I think isbragg is lieing