Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Your greatest stories playing HG/SS (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=2702)

Quadcentruo April 24, 2010 07:47:59 AM

Your greatest stories playing HG/SS

Since I made a thread about stories and D/P/Pt, I decided to make a thread about stories and Hg/Ss...
Sadly, I don't have any amazing stories of playing Ss....

And mods and admins, don't say this is the same thing as the "Recent Happenings" thread, because it isn't.

Luxray13579 April 24, 2010 07:55:38 AM

I caught Lugia in a heavy ball second shot, it was full health and sleeping. It was level 70 by the way since I have HG. I also caught Kyore in a heavy ball 3rd shot it was sleeping and in red. I LOVE those heavy balls.

SK April 24, 2010 08:12:18 AM

I caught a Ho-Oh in 3 Ultra Balls.

The Spirit of Time April 24, 2010 09:21:20 AM

I didn't proceed much so I don't have many stories, but the greatest till now is reaching the sixth level in Voltorb Flip.

EricThePelipper April 24, 2010 10:26:56 AM

This morning my time, at 2am. I was using Jp. SS to soft reset for a Shiny Starter, within 3min. I got a Shiny Chikorita :D

EricThePelipper April 25, 2010 01:21:03 AM

Today, 3:15am Shiny Totodile!!!

mariothecellist April 25, 2010 02:26:28 PM

Walking down from Blackthorn earlier today to go into Dark Cave. Suddenly...SHINY Graveler appears! This makes my shiny count 3 (Graveler, Budew (on Plat) and WISHMKR Jirachi).

TheRagingTyranitar April 26, 2010 12:31:40 AM

I caught both Lugia and Ho-oh in Great Balls at full health,Paralyzed!

XkrnjjxX April 26, 2010 05:13:45 PM

Down to my last pokemon, at only a measly level 64 was Charizard. Red was staring me down hard with his Lapras. After miraculously surviving its Brine I retailiated with Fire Blast and won!!!

EV Training my 600th Mudkip I found a shiny Seaking. I caught it and it had Pokerus. Imagine my luck :)

Quadcentruo April 27, 2010 10:56:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XkrnjjxX (Post 44405)
EV Training my 600th Mudkip I found a shiny Seaking. I caught it and it had Pokerus. Imagine my luck :)

Why do I get the feeling this isn't true?

1.Why would you train hundreds of mudkips and not Swamperts?
2.Can you even catch a Pokemon with Pokerus?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And on top of that, what exactly are you training your Mudkips' EV's in anyway?

FreezeWarp April 27, 2010 01:01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time (Post 43677)
I didn't proceed much so I don't have many stories, but the greatest till now is reaching the sixth level in Voltorb Flip.

I got to level 8 once. It seems like the max level. Never got that far again, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 44506)
Why do I get the feeling this isn't true?

1.Why would you train hundreds of mudkips and not Swamperts?
2.Can you even catch a Pokémon with Pokerus?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And on top of that, what exactly are you training your Mudkips' EV's in anyway?

As far as I know thats the only way you actually first get EV - from there all the PokeRus in existence is from other wild Pokémon. All the same, the likelihood of that is less than one in one billion.

I got my first Shiny in HG legitimately (I've had event shinies before, and ironically a Wurmple in an Emerald ROM, but nothing otherwise). ...It was a Magikarp.

RavenTheClaw April 27, 2010 08:51:41 PM

Ummmmm, does dropping Claire's stupid Kingdra in one hit from a Meganium count, or what about dropping Ho-Oh in one surf from a Kindra count?

Shadow April 28, 2010 06:42:59 AM

Me trying to catch Lugia in my SS game was a very great story, but not really in the way most of you expect:

I prepared a Timid Synchronizer to catch a Lugia with a Timid nature, and went to the Whirl Islands. There, I had to soft-reset my game 4 times because:

-It had a nature which I didn't want (1 time)
-I accidentally defeated it (1 time)
-It used Struggle and killed itself (2 times)

During every battle, I always paralyzed it and decreased its HP to somewhere around 5~10. I used all sorts of balls, including Quick, Great, Heavy, Ultra and Dusk, but it always escaped. The average time for one battle was approximately 15~20 minutes, and the whole process took me about an hour or a bit less. I was starting to get annoyed in the last battle (because it took a long time), but then, when I threw an Ultra Ball at it, it was suddenly caught. I checked its nature, and I saw it was Timid. Therefore, I became very happy and forgot about the time and effort I spent :D

I know I am not among the people who caught some legendary during the first or second turn, but at least my story is different than theirs.

The Spirit of Time April 28, 2010 06:48:11 AM

After failing to catch it 3 times, I faced Ho-Oh for the fourth time. As soon as the battle started, I threw an Ultra Ball without even laying any hit. Poof! Ho-Oh was caught! Am I not so happy?! What makes it even better, is that this Ho-Oh is Adamant, a perfect nature indeed!

Ningamer April 28, 2010 08:25:16 AM

I beat Red using no Pokemon above level 59. All thanks to a focus sash and Stealth Rock. And some skillz. 'Twas fun! Pokémon games are so much more fun when they're challenging.

@Freezewarp - I got a shiny Magikarp in Sapphire. Don't evolve it, since shiny Gyarados are now as common as Rattata.

@RavenTheClaw - Dropping a Ho-Oh in one hit is BAD. Don't you want to catch it?!

FreezeWarp April 28, 2010 12:44:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ningamer (Post 44666)
@Freezewarp - I got a shiny Magikarp in Sapphire. Don't evolve it, since shiny Gyarados are now as common as Rattata.

Yeah, because of that it seemed wise not to evolve it. It'd be kinda cool to level it to 100 (as far as I know, Magikarp can only learn three attacks through any method: Splash, Tackle (Lv. 15), and Flail (Lv. 30)).

Quadcentruo April 28, 2010 12:50:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezeWarp (Post 44712)
(as far as I know, Magikarp can only learn three attacks through any method: Splash, Tackle (Lv. 15), and Flail (Lv. 30)).

You would be right on that one.

Darkpie April 28, 2010 12:53:12 PM

I caught Lugia in one Ultra Ball and Mewtwo in one Dusk ball, and Suicune in 3 Ultra Balls.

RavenTheClaw April 28, 2010 02:17:59 PM

@ Ningamer- Killing it was an accident... >.<

Shadow April 29, 2010 11:04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezeWarp (Post 44712)
Yeah, because of that it seemed wise not to evolve it. It'd be kinda cool to level it to 100 (as far as I know, Magikarp can only learn three attacks through any method: Splash, Tackle (Lv. 15), and Flail (Lv. 30)).

According to Serebii, it can also learn Bounce through the Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver move tutor(s).

Quadcentruo May 1, 2010 06:38:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 44891)
According to Serebii, it can also learn Bounce through the Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver move tutor(s).

Since when did Magikarp become bouncy?

Kinda like how Wailord can learn splash!
EXTREME BELLY FLOP!!!

Dorei_Uchiha36 May 6, 2010 12:46:26 PM

So far for me...I mange to buy the game. Yay! Now my adventure awaits for me.

Magmaster12 May 6, 2010 12:59:54 PM

I caught a shiny jolly gyrados.

I also caught an adament Heracross which I'm soon gonna use for Wi-Fi.

Zega May 19, 2010 10:59:26 AM

Me and this other guy found shinies at the same time. I found a shiny Caterpie, he found a shiny Hoothoot.

GronerTheGreatONE May 19, 2010 12:02:22 PM

I once ended up with a shiny ho-oh! 2 quick balls and I catched it!
The bad thing is that I forgot to save! o_0 Imagine my rage!

Quadcentruo May 19, 2010 01:19:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GronerTheGreatONE (Post 51934)
2 quick balls and I catched it!

Fail spelling grammar fails....

GronerTheGreatONE May 19, 2010 04:02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 51985)
Fail spelling grammar fails....

Oops! It's because I am french.

Charizard98 May 28, 2010 10:13:32 AM

I caught a low hp Kyougre in 1 ultra ball! :mrgreen: EPIC WIN!

TheRagingTyranitar May 28, 2010 10:19:14 AM

I captured a shiny Swinub in SS.It was my second shiny!
It's now a beastly Mamoswine!

HatchedGeneration May 28, 2010 12:18:08 PM

I Caught Lugia second try with Ultraball ^^
Other than that nothing too exciting :/ .
I did beat all Johto Gyms on my first try

Turtwig June 5, 2010 12:11:06 PM

I caught Entei with a pokeball :D

OMGITSJAD June 10, 2010 08:51:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtwig (Post 60434)
I caught Entei with a pokeball :D

Sheesh, nice job! I don't remember if I have Entei or Raikou caught(I think I got Entei using Snorlax's Block move) or if they're running around still...

Blues June 10, 2010 09:43:08 AM

I caught the Rayquaza from Embedded Tower with a PokeBall. I'm dead serious. I forgot to bring Quick Balls so I threw a couple PokeBalls the first couple of turns. I caught it on the third throw :D

Snowshoe June 11, 2010 07:11:27 AM

Heheh, probably my most lucky story while playing Soul Silver was fighting the champion. I created some odd strategy of having a dummy Pokemon (LUGIA) and about 20 revives to keep my Typhlosion through all of Lance's dragon Pokemon. The last 3 were tough as heck, I beat Lance and the Elite Four with just 5 HP (I ran out of potions long ago and relied on revives to give me half HP! D: ) on my first try. I'm the type of guy that only uses 1 or 2 Pokemon to beat the game, and if it wasn't for those revives I purchased...

SokPwn2 June 11, 2010 08:17:43 AM

my best story was when I was fighting the elite four for the second time, I had one pokemon faint because it was dragged out, but i beat lance with on level 100 porygon-z. All I used was tri-attack

RK-9 June 13, 2010 08:12:57 AM

My greatest story up to date is defeating Bugzy with my team.

Once Shellder defeated the last pokemon, Scyther, it leveled up and learned Icicle Spear just to make my life harder.

;-;

Midnight Absol July 9, 2010 10:29:39 PM

I was on Lance, with my trusty Feraligatr Lv.54 at my side. 1HP, 5 pokemon to go. Feraligatr uses Flail and HULK SMASHES LANCE!!!!(With help from Leichi Berry of course)

RotomGuy July 27, 2010 08:24:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luxray13579 (Post 43628)
I caught Lugia in a heavy ball second shot, it was full health and sleeping. It was level 70 by the way since I have HG. I also caught Kyore in a heavy ball 3rd shot it was sleeping and in red. I LOVE those heavy balls.

2 stories here really. Groudon is the heaviest pokemon in game remember. O.k. I was battling groudon (full health) and Magnezone just died. (Bad choise against a ground type) And I noticed I had just a Master Ball and 1 spare Heavy Ball. The only thing I forgot to do was stock up on Poke Balls... I knocked down like 3 HP, threw a Heavy Ball and guess what. Caught. Remember, he wieghs over 2000kg. So i'm not suprised.

When I was battling Red I was on Venusaur, his last Pokemon. Only Rotom was left and he was at Lvl. 67 with 14HP left. I used Thunder, for it had only 1PP remaining. It missed. Luckily, Venusaur used Sleep Powder and missed, and I used Struggle. It left me with 1HP and killed Venusaur! Victory!!!

Luxray13579 July 27, 2010 08:39:47 AM

Did I say I randomly found Latias level 35, threw a Pokéball and now I have a lovely Latias.

SergeiDragunov July 27, 2010 11:54:45 AM

I beat all 3 of Dahlia's Pokemon with a burned Crobat.

RotomGuy July 28, 2010 11:27:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luxray13579 (Post 80567)
Did I say I randomly found Latias level 35, threw a Pokéball and now I have a lovely Latias.

Just like that?!?! Latios is still wondering around. I'm saving my master ball for Rayquazar. By the way the event for the other Lati is coming up soon. Then when I DO catch Latios, he won't be lonely.

[TRDRS]PokeTrader July 28, 2010 11:56:32 AM

i kept forget to stock up on ultra balls ever time i faced a legendary and all i had was pokeballs and i caught ever one within 5 throws at halfway health.

Midnight Absol October 19, 2010 11:12:23 AM

My Greatest memory was whenI was EVing my Absol When a Shiny Machoke Appears!!

EricTheVenusaur October 23, 2010 03:38:03 AM

I reset for 2 shiny starters, got them, traded them eventually.

Shiny October 23, 2010 04:40:01 PM

My greatest story would have to be when I was in Sprout Tower really late at night and I just randomly encountered a Shiny Gastly. It was cool. ^O^

LucarioMario November 10, 2010 02:10:49 PM

I caught a shiny Gyarados at Lake Rage I KO'd Elite Four Will's last Xatu with my Pikachu.

Speaking of Pikachus and shiny Gyarados', I'm going to tell the story of why I tend to use non-Evolved Pokemon over earth-shattering OHKOing Ubers.

*Ahem* So I got a Pikachu from the Yellow Forest route, and it was male. Then I decided to catch some random female Pikachu in Pt, send it to SS via the GTS, then get a Pichu to help complete the Pokedex. (Just remembered it was also for transferring the Spiky Eared Pichu via the GTS, but it failed because of its ribbon.) Then later in the story I got to the Shiny Gyarados in Lake Rage, and man, what a tough Pokemon to catch (I'm not as lucky as you guys catching Ho-Ohs with 2 Ultra Balls or something. :P). So I looked through my PC boxes and found that the Pikachu from Pt had Thunder Wave and Thundershock, perfect for catching this guy. So after several resets (I forget why I reset so much...) I caught it with an Ultra Ball. That was the moment I saw that Pikachu's potential, that not just final Evoloutions can be useful in battle. (I wasn't going to evolve it, because I really don't need two Raichus, or two of the same Pokemon period.) And that's how I tend to use non-Evolved Pokemon. (That and I use under-Evolved Pokemon in my Flipnotes...)

*Phew* I could've turned this into a novel with some major editing. :P

MultiWishMaker November 10, 2010 02:25:48 PM

Well I decided to start my SS over and with my luck I got a shiny totodile on the first try! Then I set off on my journey and I came across a shiny Pidgy, then in Violet City I caught a shiny Mareep!! It's quite awesome if I don't say, three shinys right after another.:)

Flare Soru November 15, 2010 08:02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MultiWishMaker (Post 116721)
Well I decided to start my SS over and with my luck I got a shiny totodile on the first try! Then I set off on my journey and I came across a shiny Pidgy, then in Violet City I caught a shiny Mareep!! It's quite awesome if I don't say, three shinys right after another.:)

what? I've only seen 3 shinies ever! Including that gyrados everyone sees...
:(

MultiWishMaker November 15, 2010 09:19:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flare Soru (Post 117749)
what? I've only seen 3 shinies ever! Including that gyrados everyone sees...
:(

I know thats why I was so suprised!

RotomGuy November 16, 2010 02:07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MultiWishMaker (Post 116721)

:shock::shock::shock::shock:
OMFG HOW THE HELL

MultiWishMaker November 16, 2010 11:39:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RotomGuy (Post 117945)
:shock::shock::shock::shock:
OMFG HOW THE HELL

D00d I totally had a "JAD" moment! My mom was wondering what was wrong with me!:P

OMGITSJAD November 16, 2010 12:57:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MultiWishMaker (Post 118010)
D00d I totally had a "JAD" moment! My mom was wondering what was wrong with me!:P

How was it a "JAD" moment? o3o

MultiWishMaker November 16, 2010 12:59:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD (Post 118068)
How was it a "JAD" moment? o3o

If I told you i'd have to kill yo- *shot

Turtwig November 18, 2010 06:34:22 PM

I found a shiny pidgey a few days ago as well as catching a Raikou with a Pokeball XD

Flare Soru November 18, 2010 07:30:59 PM

Well one of those 3 shiny pokemon I mentioned was a drowzee in HG. Found it while leveling up my dratini I had just gotten at the game corner. Only problem is that I had recently sold all my pokeballs to get stat boosters. So I had nothing.
I actually recorded it on video, and everything. Probably the longest wild pokemon battle I've ever been in where nothing happened. lol
So close, yet so amazingly far.

Probably the worst experience with that game ever...

Xiusa November 30, 2010 04:35:25 PM

Alright so, I was off in Kanto, with my Absol as my front Pokemon, and I decided since I was in Cerulean, I might as well have gone to Cerulean Cave.

So I'm walking, walking, walking, and some surfing, then more walking.
Still in the cave, I completely forgot that Mewtwo lurked at the "end" of the cave. So when I saw it I was pretty shocked, and I facepalmed for not remembering. And so I saved it, like always.

Pressing A, I knew that catching it would take a while. But to a more surprise, Mewtwo was shiny. I was quite surprised, so I figured I'm just going to throw a Bunch of Ultra Balls at it, seeing as I didn't want to faint it accidentally.

I eventually ran out of Ultra Balls, and I only had a single Pokeball in my bag left, I knew that the chances of catching this glorious gift would be near impossible, but thankfully Luck was on my side. I throw the ball, Button mash A like always, and caught it. Even more surprising, It's Modest! I was filled with happiness. And I made sure I saved the game.
For some reason, I have reason to believe that my Absol's Ability, Super Luck, had to do with it. But I doubt it.

Key to Success: BUTTON MASH A

Quadcentruo November 30, 2010 05:33:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiusa (Post 121714)
Key to Success: BUTTON MASH A

Which is funny because mashing "A" or any other button has been proven not to do anything to a catch rate. Anyway, good for you! *Is slightly jealous*

Xiusa November 30, 2010 06:26:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 121744)
mashing "A" or any other button has been proven not to do anything to a catch rate.

I know it doesn't. I just like pressing it when the ball is supposed to move.
Because that's how I catch all my Pokemon pretty much, in Pokeballs.

Magnus126 December 15, 2010 01:04:37 PM

Managing to sweep through all eight of the kanto gym leaders without having to grind
(usually I have to do some extreme leveling before I can fight a gym leader)