Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Funny/Interesting Stuff (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Halo: Reach - "You Only Live Once" (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10278)

Cat333Pokémon July 16, 2012 03:46:22 AM

Halo: Reach - "You Only Live Once"

1 Attachment(s)
While playing Firefight mode in Halo: Reach, I noticed that one of the descriptions reads "The team starts with no extra lives. You only live once." It immediately reminded me of that annoying "You Only Live Once" fad going around the Internet.

Fubab_107 July 16, 2012 03:48:10 AM

I'm sure this version doesn't have annoying swag people tied to it, So it's okay by me. :P

PHANTOMxTRAINER July 16, 2012 05:09:10 AM

LMFAOO. I never actually payed attention to the descriptions, but reading that made me chuckle. Do you think that they did that on purpose to follow the fad? xD

Reuniclus July 16, 2012 08:09:25 AM

Wow, I didn't expect to see that. :P When I read that, I immediately thought of ****, so...it might be intentional that they put it there. Like Phantom, I don't read the descriptions, but this one stood out to me when I read it. It makes me wonder if that sentence enforced the "****" fad.

TurtwigX July 16, 2012 09:29:02 AM

Well, just excuse me for one moment. *Throws up in a nearby trashcan*
Well, now that that's over, yes, the first thing that comes to mind these days is that stupid **** trash, but I still think they have 2 meanings. In Reach, it just refers to the fact you have 1 life. That's cool and acceptable, and a nice challenge. **** THE PHRASE, ON THE OTHER HAND, IS ABOUT STUPID PEOPLE DOING STUPID THINGS AND SAYING AN ANNOYING PHRASE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T KNOW THEY HAD ONE LIFE UNTIL RECENTLY. *Throws up one more time* I'm done here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 252076)
It makes me wonder if that sentence enforced the "****" fad.

That would be the song "The Motto" by Drake.

PHANTOMxTRAINER July 16, 2012 09:31:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 252083)
Well, just excuse me for one moment. *Throws up in a nearby trashcan*
Well, now that that's over, yes, the first thing that comes to mind these days is that stupid **** trash, but I still think they have 2 meanings. In Reach, it just refers to the fact you have 1 life. That's cool and acceptable, and a nice challenge. **** THE PHRASE, ON THE OTHER HAND, IS ABOUT STUPID PEOPLE DOING STUPID THINGS AND SAYING AN ANNOYING PHRASE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T KNOW THEY HAD ONE LIFE UNTIL RECENTLY. *Throws up one more time* I'd done here.

That would be the song "The Motto" by Drake.

I love that song..

TurtwigX July 16, 2012 09:34:58 AM

Oh really now? Well, I hate that song. I started hating it even MORE when my mom started singing it out of the blue just to annoy me. Modern music just doesn't suit me at all.

PHANTOMxTRAINER July 16, 2012 10:14:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 252087)
Oh really now? Well, I hate that song. I started hating it even MORE when my mom started singing it out of the blue just to annoy me. Modern music just doesn't suit me at all.

Modern music is all i listen to.. Oh well, people have opinions

TurtwigX July 16, 2012 12:18:05 PM

You know what really amazes me, though? The phrase "You only live once, so make the most of your life" somehow got changed drastically to "Let's do something really stupid! ****!" The meaning behind the message of the second one angers me, and that's why I hate it.

Pingouin7 July 31, 2012 01:21:22 PM

#****: You Obviously Lack Originality

Gamernamerjj August 14, 2012 09:06:04 PM

Or, according to Jeph Jacques, You Obviously Like Owls.

JeffTheKiller August 19, 2012 05:55:08 PM

There was this one kid at school who kept yelling **** everyday. Everyone was sick of him yelling that. Well, this was on the day of the Homecoming game, which he always goes to. Well behind the stands there is this little wooded area where the students not in the game hang out and smoke. He was back there hitting on some girl from the away team when some of the huge guys that should be on the team jumped him.
Moral of the story: You Only Live Once, so beat up annoying people.

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 25, 2012 09:04:12 PM

hah. I kinda find it funny how the whole subject of this thread has been censored. Lol