Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Walkthroughs and Let's Plays (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   What game should I LP next (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10499)

JDxImpetus September 1, 2012 05:48:11 PM

What game should I LP next

since my Dark Cloud LP is going to be on hold until i can fix or buy a new Avermedia...
what game should i do afterward
1.Sonic Adventure 1
2.Tales of Symphonia
3.Super Smash Bros. Brawl
4.Blazblue Continuum Shift:Extend

Quadcentruo September 1, 2012 06:46:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDxImpetus (Post 260883)
since my Dark Cloud LP is going to be on hold until i can fix or buy a new Avermedia...
what game should i do afterward
1.Sonic Adventure 1
2.Tales of Symphonia
3.Super Smash Bros. Brawl
4.Blazblue Continuum Shift:Extend

1. Sonic is just... eh... no other way to describe it. Plus, I can't really think of a way to make interesting commentary for it.

2. My friend told me a little while ago there aren't many LPs for the Tales series, so this might be a viable option.

3. No. Just no. It's overdone as is and it's not really worth LPing in my opinion.

4. I don't actually know anything about Blazblue, so I don't have much of an opinion on this game.

JDxImpetus September 1, 2012 07:46:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 260884)
1. Sonic is just... eh... no other way to describe it. Plus, I can't really think of a way to make interesting commentary for it.

2. My friend told me a little while ago there aren't many LPs for the Tales series, so this might be a viable option.

3. No. Just no. It's overdone as is and it's not really worth LPing in my opinion.

4. I don't actually know anything about Blazblue, so I don't have much of an opinion on this game.

I see.
i like your opinion..

Quadcentruo September 1, 2012 07:54:00 PM

Thinking it over, depending on any of these games you decide to LP would have to have different styles of commentary associated with them:

Sonic Adventure: Mockery - You just mock the actions of Sonic and friends throughout the course of the LP. There might be moments where you get serious, but a majority of commentary is just mocking the game.

Tales of Symphonia: Average - Your average LP commentary; a mix of serious commentary that goes somewhat in-depth with the story but not enough to spoil anything along with giving hints at in-game tricks and joke commentary that's purely for entertainment.

Brawl: Hypocrite - Throughout the course of the LP, you constantly state how Brawl LPs are overdone, but act oblivious to the fact that you are LPing Brawl. An example of this would be something like stating how Brawl LPs are overdone, but then 5 seconds after that statement you go in-depth into the "story" of Brawl.

Blazblue: Again, I don't know anything about this game, so I don't know what kind of commentary could be associated with this game.

TurtwigX September 1, 2012 08:30:12 PM

Blazblue is a 2D fighting game series. I think it uses sprites, but I'm not sure. Think Street Fighter but with tighter controls and a cooler combo system.
That blobby spider guy, Arakune I think, is my favorite of the series. I picked Blazblue because it is one of my favorites of fighting games, right beside UMvC3 and TvC.

Super Pichu62 September 2, 2012 08:22:21 AM

I would say SSBB...but I would also Consider Melee since there has already been a lot of Brawl lately.