Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon Black and White 2 (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=227)
-   -   Marking (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10817)

Cat333Pokémon November 24, 2012 12:17:07 PM

Marking

Does anyone ever use the marking feature in the PC to help label certain Pokémon, like favorites, events, free to trade, good results of breeding, or anything else?

I personally never used it, but I'm considering using it like such:
Circle = Any Pokémon I personally trained
Triangle = Any favorite trades
Heart = Any Pokémon I really like
Star = Event Pokémon or legitimate legends

Any of these cases would imply I should not trade or otherwise get rid of the Pokémon.

7dewott8 November 24, 2012 12:43:31 PM

GC: Well, when I as six, my brother told me that the heart mark would increase friendship of Pokemon. Although I know that isn't real, and I don't really find the Marking feature very useful, I do think it would be neat if markings rose friendship, happiness, etc.
GC: But hey, that's me

Magmaster12 November 24, 2012 02:24:02 PM

Cat, the markings have been around since like Generation IV or III.

Reuniclus November 25, 2012 03:45:33 PM

I've never tried to mark my own Pokemon. The only time I really see a Marked Pokemon is when I get one off of the GTS (usually from Japan too). I guess it can be useful for organization, but I think I'll keep the cluttered mess in my PC. :P

Pingouin7 November 25, 2012 04:29:27 PM

Star for shinies, Diamond for event Pokémon and Circle for legendaries.

Going off the TCG's rarity symbols.
Shinies get the Star because they're the rarest, events get the Diamond because while they're not that rare, they're still rarer than the rest, and regular legendaries get the Circle because they're the most common of the three.

TurtwigX November 25, 2012 04:39:59 PM

Since I'm going to rearrange my entire PC after I get this one last Pokémon, I'm gonna do it like- (Note: I have no idea what the markings are)
One of them (The COOLEST one) will be for legendary Pokémon
Another will be for things that I received in trades
Another for things that were hatched from eggs
And if there IS another, for N's Pokémon.

Cat333Pokémon November 25, 2012 05:01:29 PM

There are six total marks: star, circle, square, heart, diamond, and triangle.

Twiggy November 25, 2012 08:12:48 PM

I star the Pokémon which I'm guessing has the best IVs in general. Sometimes I use markings to set whether I'm already done with training for things... or whether to keep them or stash them.

Luxray13579 November 26, 2012 02:35:36 PM

I use them for my main team, and when I was breeding a load of Houndour once, I SOMEHOW managed to get two of them consecutively with the exact same everything. So they're squared. Get it?

MaNiAc December 2, 2012 09:58:14 AM

Sometimes I use the markings to keep track of certain pokes when I'm IV breeding, but other than that, the feature goes pretty much unused by me.